Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section IV - Under Way.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cody catch his father juggling, as the group starts out to sea?
2. What does Sophie think of Brian's lecture on points of sail?
(a) His examples are too simplistic.
(b) His explanations are too complicated.
(c) His lecture is too boring.
(d) He is helpful and informative.
3. Where did Joey find the boat he fixed up?
(a) A beach.
(b) A swamp.
(c) A lumberyard.
(d) A reef.
4. How does the narrator describe sailing?
(a) Like floating in nothingness.
(b) Like flying over the water.
(c) Like being inside a painting.
(d) Like riding a wild beast.
5. How does Sophie combat her uncles' objections to her going on the trip?
(a) She shows her trophies and medals.
(b) She shows her knowledge of sailing.
(c) She shows how she can do hard work.
(d) She accuses them of being sexist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not one of the sides of Sophie?
2. Why did Sophie's family move?
3. What color blanket does the little kid lie down on in the story Sophie tells Cody?
4. How does Sophie's mom say that Bompie remembers his stories?
5. How do Sophie's friends react to her explaining about her relationship with the sea?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)