|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section V - Wind and Waves.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sophie say when Cody asks what happened to her parents?
(a) Nothing, that they're in Kentucky.
(b) She pretends she doesn't hear him.
(c) That she doesn't remember.
(d) That she doesn't want to talk about it.
2. Where did Joey find the boat he fixed up?
(a) A lumberyard.
(b) A swamp.
(c) A beach.
(d) A reef.
3. What color is the sky when The Wanderer arrives at Seal Cove?
(a) Yellow and orange.
(b) Grey and white.
(c) Rose and lavender.
(d) Deep blue and black.
4. What is Sophie doing that causes her to kneel on the deck just before she suddenly looks up and can't see anyone on deck?
(a) Fastening a line.
(b) Examining a pump.
(c) Repairing a leak.
(d) Tying her shoe.
5. What do the travelers try to use for navigation after the wreckage of the storm?
(a) The GPS.
(b) The currents.
(c) The sextant.
(d) The sun and moon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stew say Claire thought of him and his brothers when she was young?
2. In Sophie's story, what does Bompie do to the pastor during the baptism?
3. What does Cody think Sophie is afraid of?
4. When the winds pick up, what do the sailors do to the mainsail?
5. What does Uncle Dock say, when Cody asks if Sophie knows what happened to her parents?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)