|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section V - Wind and Waves.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first leg of The Wanderer's planned journey?
(a) From Long Island Sound to Block Island.
(b) From Cape Fear Coast to Cumbrland Island.
(c) From Diamond Cove to Roanoke Island.
(d) From Nantucket Island to Hilton Head Island.
2. What does Uncle Stew call six to eight foot waves?
(a) Grade-school waves.
(b) Baby waves.
(c) Kindergarten waves.
(d) Toddler waves.
3. Where are Sophie and Cody, when Sophie tell him the story of Bompie at the ocean?
(a) In their bunks.
(b) At the masthead.
(c) In the galley.
(d) At the helm.
4. What does Sophie throw out over the water, after Brian makes a comment about Sophie's mother?
(a) A rock.
(b) A watch.
(c) A locket.
(d) A shell.
5. How does Cody contact the ship?
(a) Flag signals.
(b) VHF radio.
(c) UHF radio.
(d) Ham radio.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Sophie's story, what does Bompie's family trade for a car?
2. What does Cody tell his father, as the sail-less boat is whipped by the waves?
3. What does the crew call the new bilge box?
4. What is Sophie doing that causes her to kneel on the deck just before she suddenly looks up and can't see anyone on deck?
5. Where do Cody and Sophie go, while Uncle Dock is tinkering with the electrics?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)