|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section V - Wind and Waves.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Sophie's story, what do Bompie and his father do after Bompie brings his father a pie?
(a) They cry.
(b) They hug.
(c) They laugh.
(d) They argue.
2. What does Uncle Stew call Sophie?
(a) The orphan.
(b) The leftover.
(c) The outsider.
(d) The tag-along.
3. Who is the one person who doesn't cry in the midst of the storm?
(b) Uncle Mo.
4. What does Sophie compare the experience of the wave to?
(a) Being in a washing machine.
(b) Being baptized.
(c) Being born.
(d) Being a fish.
5. What does Cody call the two girls he sees walking down the beach toward him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uncle Dock plan to teach the others on the journey?
2. How many bluefish does the sailing catch on the sail toward Martha's Vineyard?
3. What type of car does Frank drive?
4. What material does the boat-maker use in a technique to help his work stay smooth?
5. After the wave hits, who pulls Sophie below the hatch?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)