|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section V - Wind and Waves.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Cody's father tells him that Cody's been a good son and he's been a bad father, what does Cody think?
(a) Cody thinks he's wrong, that he's been a bad son and his father hasn't been so bad.
(b) Cody thinks he's wrong, that Cody hasn't been a good son.
(c) Cody thinks he's wrong, that his father hasn't been so bad.
(d) Cody thinks he's right.
2. Who does most of the cooking and cleaning on the ship?
(c) Uncle Dock.
3. What do the travelers use to practice juggling?
(c) Hard rolls.
(d) Bags of pretzels.
4. What is the first leg of The Wanderer's planned journey?
(a) From Nantucket Island to Hilton Head Island.
(b) From Cape Fear Coast to Cumbrland Island.
(c) From Diamond Cove to Roanoke Island.
(d) From Long Island Sound to Block Island.
5. What does Cody discover his father doing below deck?
(a) Tearing up a letter.
(b) Punching a pillow.
(d) Hiding something under his mattress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the gigantic wave that approaches behind the boat while Sophie is watching and Cody is at the wheel?
2. In the story Sophie tells, what does Bompie tell himself while he rushes to get to the other side of the river?
3. What do the two girls on the beach ask Cody and Brian?
4. What does Sophie throw out over the water, after Brian makes a comment about Sophie's mother?
5. In Sophie's story, where does Bompie go to see the ocean?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)