|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section V - Wind and Waves.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Sophie's story, how does Bompie get back to Kentucky after his visit to the ocean?
(a) He walks.
(b) He bicycles.
(c) He drives.
(d) He hitchhikes.
2. How old does Sophie say Bompie was when he left England?
3. What does Sophie imagine being when she grows up, while visiting Seal Cove?
(a) A salmon fisherman.
(b) A whaler.
(c) A ship builder.
(d) A lobster fisherman.
4. What is the difference between the wave in Sophie's dream and the wave that hit the boat?
(a) Its color.
(b) Its shape.
(c) Its texture.
(d) Its size.
5. What does Sophie's mother do when Sophie calls?
(a) She keeps bursting into tears.
(b) She asks endless questions.
(c) She keeps repeating how great it is to talk to Sophie.
(d) She just tells Sophie to talk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brian accuse Sophie of lying about?
2. How does Sophie's mom say that Bompie remembers his stories?
3. What does Sophie think of Brian's lecture on points of sail?
4. What does Sophie say when Uncle Stew asks if she's scared?
5. In his journal, what animals does Cody compare his father with?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)