|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section V - Wind and Waves.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cody tell his father, as the sail-less boat is whipped by the waves?
(a) That he's sorry for them fighting.
(b) That he's sorry he's always fooling around.
(c) That he knows everything will be okay.
(d) That he doesn't want to die.
2. Why does Sophie think Cody is a good teacher?
(a) His lesson starts simply and gets more complicated.
(b) He teaches them a song to help them learn.
(c) He makes funny jokes.
(d) He uses pictures to help teach.
3. In Sophie's story, where does Bompie go to see the ocean?
(b) New Jersey.
(c) South Carolina.
4. How does Sophie feel about climbing all the way up to the bosun's chair?
(a) She is frightened to climb up.
(b) She is willing to climb up, but doesn't really care.
(c) She is excited to climb up.
(d) She doesn't let anyone know how she feels about it.
5. After the destructive wave hits the boat, how does Cody say he feels?
(a) As if he's a part of the ocean.
(b) As if he's having a dream.
(c) As if he's in a prison.
(d) As if he's watching a movie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uncle Stew call Sophie?
2. What does Sophie wonder about Cody?
3. How does Bompie act when Sophie' mother calls him?
4. In Sophie's story, what does Bompie's mother give him?
5. What does Cody offer to teach the others on the trip?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)