|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section V - Wind and Waves.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Uncle Dock plan to teach the others on the journey?
(a) How to read charts.
(b) How to read the weather.
(c) How to fly fish.
(d) How to navigate by the stars.
2. How long does Uncle Dock estimate that the whole trip will take?
(a) Three to four weeks.
(b) Fifteen to sixteen weeks.
(c) Ten to twelve weeks.
(d) Six to eight weeks.
3. In Sophie's story, how does the little kid feel when people say the kid's parents have gone to heaven, a wonderful place?
4. What is the hardest part of killing and cleaning a bluefish for Sophie?
(a) Breaking the spine.
(b) Filleting the fish.
(c) Bludgeoning the fish.
(d) Hauling in the fish.
5. How does Sophie feel about climbing all the way up to the bosun's chair?
(a) She is excited to climb up.
(b) She doesn't let anyone know how she feels about it.
(c) She is frightened to climb up.
(d) She is willing to climb up, but doesn't really care.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the travelers use to practice juggling?
2. What does Cody think Sophie is afraid of?
3. What is the first leg of The Wanderer's planned journey?
4. What is Sophie doing that causes her to kneel on the deck just before she suddenly looks up and can't see anyone on deck?
5. What do the travelers try to use for navigation after the wreckage of the storm?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)