|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section V - Wind and Waves.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Uncle Dock call the competitiveness among boat owners in Martha's Vineyard?
(a) Boat attitude.
(b) Boat envy.
(c) Boat boxing.
(d) Boat bombast.
2. After the wave hits, who pulls Sophie below the hatch?
(a) Uncle Dock.
(b) Uncle Stew.
(c) Uncle Mo.
3. What does Uncle Dock say, when Cody asks if Sophie knows what happened to her parents?
(a) She must know at some level, but he doesn't know if she knows consciously.
(b) She doesn't know.
(c) She knows because she was there when it happened.
(d) She knows because she was told about it later.
4. What does Stew say Claire thought of him and his brothers when she was young?
(a) That they were snotty and disgusting.
(b) That they were aloof and mysterious.
(c) That they were plain and childish.
(d) That they were idyllic heroes.
5. What does Brian plan to do, after Cody and Sophie get back from Wood Island?
(a) He plans an emergency rescue system in case someone is lost at sea.
(b) He plans a buddy system so no one goes off alone.
(c) He plans a schedule of visits to Wood Island.
(d) He plans a chart of what each person is doing each day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first leg of The Wanderer's planned journey?
2. In Sophie's story, how does the little kid feel when people say the kid's parents have gone to heaven, a wonderful place?
3. What does Brian accuse Sophie of, when she's upset about the job she gets?
4. In Sophie's story, what do Bompie and his father do after Bompie brings his father a pie?
5. Why does Brian think no one likes him?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)