|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section V - Wind and Waves.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story Sophie tells, what does Bompie use to try to cross the Ohio River?
(a) A freeway bridge.
(b) An electrical wire.
(c) A train track.
(d) A fallen tree.
2. Why does Sophie think Cody is a good teacher?
(a) He teaches them a song to help them learn.
(b) He uses pictures to help teach.
(c) He makes funny jokes.
(d) His lesson starts simply and gets more complicated.
3. What breaks in the wind?
(a) The jib.
(b) The main boom.
(c) The masthead.
(d) The spreader.
4. What does Sophie say, when Cody is upset that his father berates him for going out to Wood Island?
(a) That he doesn't know what he's talking about.
(b) That he's right, and they shouldn't have gone.
(c) That at least he's worried about Cody.
(d) That Cody doesn't have to listen to him.
5. What does Uncle Dock say, when Cody asks if Sophie knows what happened to her parents?
(a) She knows because she was told about it later.
(b) She must know at some level, but he doesn't know if she knows consciously.
(c) She doesn't know.
(d) She knows because she was there when it happened.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cody tell his father, as the sail-less boat is whipped by the waves?
2. In Sophie's story, what do Bompie and his father do after Bompie brings his father a pie?
3. What does Brian accuse Sophie of lying about?
4. What do the travelers try to use for navigation after the wreckage of the storm?
5. What does Cody think Sophie is afraid of?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)