|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section V - Wind and Waves.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brian accuse Sophie of lying about?
(a) Catching a 20-pound fish.
(b) Being able to sail the boat on her own.
(c) Going clamming with Bompie.
(d) Having learned to sail when she was three.
2. What does the tall, lanky woman say is on Wood Island?
3. What does the crew call the new bilge box?
4. How does Bompie act when Sophie' mother calls him?
(a) He doesn't seem to know who she is at first.
(b) He is elated and very talkative.
(c) He acts distracted, like something else is taking his attention.
(d) He is depressed and reflective.
5. In Sophie's story, what do Bompie and his father do after Bompie brings his father a pie?
(a) They cry.
(b) They argue.
(c) They laugh.
(d) They hug.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the difference between the wave in Sophie's dream and the wave that hit the boat?
2. What color is the gigantic wave that approaches behind the boat while Sophie is watching and Cody is at the wheel?
3. Why does Brian think no one likes him?
4. How long has Sophie been living with her adopted parents?
5. What does Cody call the two girls he sees walking down the beach toward him?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)