|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section V - Wind and Waves.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cody think about all the stops The Wanderer makes?
(a) He thinks the stops are perfect.
(b) He worries that the stops are setting them behind schedule.
(c) He thinks they should stay longer at their destinations.
(d) He thinks Uncle Dock seems to be stalling the main voyage.
2. What is the first leg of The Wanderer's planned journey?
(a) From Cape Fear Coast to Cumbrland Island.
(b) From Diamond Cove to Roanoke Island.
(c) From Nantucket Island to Hilton Head Island.
(d) From Long Island Sound to Block Island.
3. Where does Cody prefer to by during the storm?
(a) Up in the bosun's chair.
(b) Below deck, sleeping.
(c) Below deck, eating.
(d) On deck, trying to fix things.
4. What is the difference between the wave in Sophie's dream and the wave that hit the boat?
(a) Its size.
(b) Its texture.
(c) Its color.
(d) Its shape.
5. What does Uncle Dock say, when Cody asks if Sophie knows what happened to her parents?
(a) She must know at some level, but he doesn't know if she knows consciously.
(b) She knows because she was told about it later.
(c) She doesn't know.
(d) She knows because she was there when it happened.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stew say Claire thought of him and his brothers when she was young?
2. What do the two girls on the beach ask Cody and Brian?
3. What question does Brian ask Cody?
4. What does Sophie throw out over the water, after Brian makes a comment about Sophie's mother?
5. What is Sophie doing that causes her to kneel on the deck just before she suddenly looks up and can't see anyone on deck?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)