|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section V - Wind and Waves.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sophie compare the experience of the wave to?
(a) Being born.
(b) Being a fish.
(c) Being in a washing machine.
(d) Being baptized.
2. Where do Cody and Sophie go, while Uncle Dock is tinkering with the electrics?
(a) To an art museum.
(b) To an old shipwreck.
(c) To an antiques gallery.
(d) To a bird sanctuary.
3. What does Sophie's mother do when Sophie calls?
(a) She keeps repeating how great it is to talk to Sophie.
(b) She just tells Sophie to talk.
(c) She asks endless questions.
(d) She keeps bursting into tears.
4. What does Uncle Dock plan to teach the others on the journey?
(a) How to read the weather.
(b) How to fly fish.
(c) How to read charts.
(d) How to navigate by the stars.
5. How many bluefish does the sailing catch on the sail toward Martha's Vineyard?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Cody's father tells him that Cody's been a good son and he's been a bad father, what does Cody think?
2. When the winds pick up, what do the sailors do to the mainsail?
3. What does Brian plan to do, after Cody and Sophie get back from Wood Island?
4. What does Cody think Sophie is afraid of?
5. What is the difference between the wave in Sophie's dream and the wave that hit the boat?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)