|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section V - Wind and Waves.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sophie feel about climbing all the way up to the bosun's chair?
(a) She is willing to climb up, but doesn't really care.
(b) She is excited to climb up.
(c) She doesn't let anyone know how she feels about it.
(d) She is frightened to climb up.
2. Why does Sophie think Cody is a good teacher?
(a) He makes funny jokes.
(b) He teaches them a song to help them learn.
(c) He uses pictures to help teach.
(d) His lesson starts simply and gets more complicated.
3. What does Uncle Stew call Sophie?
(a) The tag-along.
(b) The leftover.
(c) The outsider.
(d) The orphan.
4. In Sophie's story, how does Bompie get back to Kentucky after his visit to the ocean?
(a) He hitchhikes.
(b) He bicycles.
(c) He drives.
(d) He walks.
5. What do the travelers try to use for navigation after the wreckage of the storm?
(a) The sextant.
(b) The sun and moon.
(c) The GPS.
(d) The currents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sophie say, when Cody is upset that his father berates him for going out to Wood Island?
2. What does Sophie imagine being when she grows up, while visiting Seal Cove?
3. In the story Sophie tells, what does Bompie use to try to cross the Ohio River?
4. What does Uncle Stew say when Brian asks what happened to Sophie's real parents?
5. What does Sophie throw out over the water, after Brian makes a comment about Sophie's mother?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)