|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section V - Wind and Waves.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Cody prefer to by during the storm?
(a) Below deck, sleeping.
(b) Up in the bosun's chair.
(c) Below deck, eating.
(d) On deck, trying to fix things.
2. What does Cody discover his father doing below deck?
(b) Punching a pillow.
(c) Hiding something under his mattress.
(d) Tearing up a letter.
3. What does Cody think about all the stops The Wanderer makes?
(a) He worries that the stops are setting them behind schedule.
(b) He thinks the stops are perfect.
(c) He thinks they should stay longer at their destinations.
(d) He thinks Uncle Dock seems to be stalling the main voyage.
4. What does Brian accuse Sophie of, when she's upset about the job she gets?
5. What does the crew call the new bilge box?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Sophie's story, why doesn't Bompie get along with the pastor?
2. What does Uncle Dock say, when Cody asks if Sophie knows what happened to her parents?
3. What does Sophie say, when Cody is upset that his father berates him for going out to Wood Island?
4. In the story Sophie tells, what does Bompie tell himself while he rushes to get to the other side of the river?
5. What material does the boat-maker Cody, Brian, and Sophie visit mainly work with?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)