|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section V - Wind and Waves.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What material does the boat-maker use in a technique to help his work stay smooth?
(a) Steel wool.
(b) Plastic wrap.
2. What is the first leg of The Wanderer's planned journey?
(a) From Cape Fear Coast to Cumbrland Island.
(b) From Diamond Cove to Roanoke Island.
(c) From Nantucket Island to Hilton Head Island.
(d) From Long Island Sound to Block Island.
3. What does Uncle Dock call the wind?
(a) A fickle friend.
(b) A troubled goddess.
(c) A raging bull.
(d) A capricious lady.
4. What is the difference between the wave in Sophie's dream and the wave that hit the boat?
(a) Its size.
(b) Its shape.
(c) Its texture.
(d) Its color.
5. In Sophie's story, where does Bompie go to see the ocean?
(a) South Carolina.
(c) New Jersey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uncle Dock call the competitiveness among boat owners in Martha's Vineyard?
2. Why does Brian think no one likes him?
3. What color is the sky when The Wanderer arrives at Seal Cove?
4. What do the travelers use to practice juggling?
5. Where does Cody prefer to by during the storm?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)