|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section V - Wind and Waves.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Sophie and Cody, when Sophie tell him the story of Bompie at the ocean?
(a) At the masthead.
(b) In the galley.
(c) At the helm.
(d) In their bunks.
2. When Cody asks Uncle Dock what happened to Sophie's parents, what does he say?
(a) He doesn't know what happened to them.
(b) He will tell Cody the story when Cody is older.
(c) He won't tell Cody the upsetting story.
(d) He promised Sophie's adopted parents not to talk about it.
3. What does Sophie imagine being when she grows up, while visiting Seal Cove?
(a) A whaler.
(b) A ship builder.
(c) A salmon fisherman.
(d) A lobster fisherman.
4. What is the first leg of The Wanderer's planned journey?
(a) From Nantucket Island to Hilton Head Island.
(b) From Diamond Cove to Roanoke Island.
(c) From Long Island Sound to Block Island.
(d) From Cape Fear Coast to Cumbrland Island.
5. What does Cody call the two girls he sees walking down the beach toward him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cody offer to teach the others on the trip?
2. What does Sophie throw out over the water, after Brian makes a comment about Sophie's mother?
3. What does Cody think about all the stops The Wanderer makes?
4. What does Sophie say when Cody asks what happened to her parents?
5. What does Uncle Dock plan to teach the others on the journey?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)