|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What crimes are the first slaves sold from Ouidah accused of having committed?
(a) Being upable to pay their debts
(b) Stealing the king's palm-nuts
(c) Being lazy
(d) Stealing bread
2. What is the cause of Dona Luciana's death?
(a) She drowns at sea
(b) She's executed
(c) A heart attack
3. Why are the slaves amazed to see Francisco work on the repairs to the fort?
(a) They weren't aware he would know how to work
(b) They were told whites weren't capable of the work
(c) They aren't accustomed to whites working
(d) They believe he's too lazy to work
4. What do the captives believe is to be their fate as soon as they see the slave ships?
(a) They'll be sold to plantations
(b) They'll be forced to work in mines
(c) They'll be sent to America
(d) They'll be eaten
5. What color is Francisco's hair at age fifty?
Short Answer Questions
1. What point does Francisco emphasize in his letter to Joaquim?
2. In what month does the king go to war?
3. What are the king's sandals made of?
4. What is the cause of Yovogan's death?
5. What do the slaves do each morning while awaiting transport?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)