|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the captives believe is to be their fate as soon as they see the slave ships?
(a) They'll be eaten
(b) They'll be sold to plantations
(c) They'll be sent to America
(d) They'll be forced to work in mines
2. How old was Jijibou when she married Francisco?
3. What do the military women do with the feet of their victims?
(a) There's no indication they do anything with the feet
(b) They cut them off and keep them for souvenirs
(c) They cut them off and feed them to hyenas
(d) They burn them off
4. What event does Francisco host each Saturday after the groups of Brazilians colonize the region?
(a) A picnic
(b) A dance
(c) A dinner
(d) A barn raising
5. Why did the Portuguese boat stop at Popos?
(a) They had been in a storm and needed to repair the sail
(b) They needed new water kegs
(c) They had sick people and were in need of a doctor
(d) They wanted to offer Francisco passage to Ouidah
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is true of Mr. George Lawson's factory?
2. What disease does Dr. Ferraez report?
3. Who was the last to fall victim to the disease?
4. What does Francisco see on the after he's wakened from his siesta?
5. What does Taparica tell the slaves about their future homes?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)