|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time passes before Francisco is named the Viceroy of Ouidah?
(a) About a month
(b) Only three days
(c) A full five years
(d) Less than a year
2. In what month does the king go to war?
3. What is Francisco's answer when asked how many gifts he has?
(a) Something for everyone
(b) Only trinkets for the natives
4. What is the fate of Francisco's twin daughters?
(a) They die at sea
(b) They are sold into prostitution
(c) They live to be old, marry and have children of their own
(d) They live to be old women but never marry
5. What scheme does Isadoro have in mind when he returns from France?
(a) A fleet for slave trading
(b) A mill for producing flax
(c) A pineapple plantation
(d) A palm oil factory
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Francisco and Dona Luciana disguised as they try to sneak out of the country?
2. Why does Francisco's son save everything his father writes?
3. What do some believe about the king's bravery?
4. Why did the Portuguese boat stop at Popos?
5. What point does Francisco emphasize in his letter to Joaquim?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)