|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "Simbodji" mean?
(a) Big Wealth
(b) Big Rock
(c) Big Money
(d) Big House
2. What sound does Taparica make to clear the way when Francisco is traveling through the town?
(a) He clangs a bell
(b) He whistles
(c) He blows a trumpet
(d) He beats a drum
3. What factors make Francisco take Jacinto as his assistant?
(a) He ability to read and write
(b) His condemnation of the slave trade and his understanding of finance
(c) His head for figures and his reliability
(d) His head for money and his ability to understand other languages
4. What do the slaves do each morning while awaiting transport?
(a) Eat then go to the fields
(b) Eat then go to the mines
(c) Eat, then work on the repairs to the fort
(d) Eat, bathe and dance
5. How many members of the da Silva family die of the disease?
(c) About two dozen
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the slaves amazed to see Francisco work on the repairs to the fort?
2. What does Francisco see on the after he's wakened from his siesta?
3. What is Francisco buried in?
4. What event does Francisco host each Saturday after the groups of Brazilians colonize the region?
5. What is the cause of Yovogan's death?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)