|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the first picture Francisco had on the wall facing his bed?
(a) An ocean scene
(b) A scene from Bahia
(c) A still life of fruit
(d) A portrait of Jijibou
2. Why was Taparica tortured?
(a) It was believed he knew where escaped slaves were hiding
(b) It was believed that he'd lied about the kind
(c) It was believed he knew the secret of buried treasure
(d) It was believed he'd given up secret information to another country
3. How many ships are commissioned by Francisco, either privately or with partners?
(a) A hundred
(c) A fleet
(d) A dozen
4. How many members of the da Silva family die of the disease?
(b) About two dozen
5. What item becomes a symbol of revolt?
(a) Scarlet silk material
(b) Lengths of gold brocade
(c) A dolphin
(d) A green flag
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "Simbodji" mean?
2. Who does Francisco call on to care for his twin daughters in Brazil?
3. In the verse the slaves chant on Francisco's plantation, what do the slaves predict about Francisco's well?
4. What does Francisco smell like when he arrives in Ouidah?
5. What is Yovogan wearing when he first encounters Francisco?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)