|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the story Francisco tells his twin daughters that makes them scream?
(a) The story of an old woman who was eaten by a troll
(b) The story of the goblin with hair for hands
(c) The story of Christ's crucifixion
(d) The story of their mother's death
2. What item becomes a symbol of revolt?
(a) A dolphin
(b) A green flag
(c) Lengths of gold brocade
(d) Scarlet silk material
3. What point does Francisco emphasize in his letter to Joaquim?
(a) The loss of his fortune
(b) His suffering at the hands of the king
(c) The need to help Kankpe's quest to become king
(d) The current financial situation
4. What name is given to the military group made up of women?
(a) The Vestial Virgins
(b) The King's Leopard Wives
(c) Francisco's Furious Fighters
(d) The Warring Women of Ouidah
5. What is the animal that is stuffed in a mockery of the crucifixion?
(a) A mink
(b) A squirrel
(c) A civet cat
(d) A dog
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Francisco's son save everything his father writes?
2. What does the author say the walls of Abomy palace are made of?
3. What is the fate of Francisco's twin daughters?
4. What is Taparica the Tambour wearing when Francisco arrives?
5. What does the king do with the skulls of his slain enemy?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)