|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Francisco live?
(a) In the fort
(b) Over the governor's suite
(c) In a hotel
(d) Aboard the slave ship
2. Why was Taparica tortured?
(a) It was believed he knew where escaped slaves were hiding
(b) It was believed he'd given up secret information to another country
(c) It was believed he knew the secret of buried treasure
(d) It was believed that he'd lied about the kind
3. What factors make Francisco take Jacinto as his assistant?
(a) His head for figures and his reliability
(b) His condemnation of the slave trade and his understanding of finance
(c) He ability to read and write
(d) His head for money and his ability to understand other languages
4. What does Francisco see on the after he's wakened from his siesta?
(a) Young men practicing marksmanship
(b) Yovogan gathering reeds
(c) Naked men working
(d) Children playing a game with reeds
5. What does Francisco smell like when he arrives in Ouidah?
(a) Sweat and excrement
(b) Mangrove and dead fish
(c) Vanilla and tea leaves
(d) Seaweed and spice
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following are among the improvements Francisco makes after being named viceroy?
2. Why does Francisco decide to build the house he calls "Simbodji?"
3. How does Francisco know what time it is?
4. What do the Da Silva boys wear until they are about seven years old?
5. Who buries Taparica?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)