|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It's noted that Jijibou grows into a woman with a shape that resembles what?
(a) A child
(b) A chicken
(c) A barmaid
(d) A horse
2. What are the king's sandals made of?
(b) Gold wire
(c) Peacock feathers
(d) Silver braids
3. Who is it that asks Francisco what gifts he has?
(a) A royal messenger
(b) A royal eunich
(c) A royal musician
(d) A royal soldier
4. What sound does Taparica make to clear the way when Francisco is traveling through the town?
(a) He whistles
(b) He blows a trumpet
(c) He clangs a bell
(d) He beats a drum
5. Who was the last to fall victim to the disease?
(d) The doctor
6. What scheme does Isadoro have in mind when he returns from France?
(a) A fleet for slave trading
(b) A mill for producing flax
(c) A pineapple plantation
(d) A palm oil factory
7. What do the women's military group say killed Francisco?
(a) The night
(d) The king
8. What is Francisco's answer when asked how many gifts he has?
(a) Something for everyone
(c) Only trinkets for the natives
9. In what month does the king go to war?
10. Who does Francisco call on to care for his twin daughters in Brazil?
(b) Dona Luciana
(c) No one
(d) The Baron Paraiba
11. What is the cause of Dona Luciana's death?
(b) She drowns at sea
(c) She's executed
(d) A heart attack
12. What was the reaction of the houseboys upon seeing the reflection of the sun in the glass windows?
(a) They thought the house was on fire
(b) They thought the windows were ugly
(c) They thought the house was haunted
(d) They thought the windows needed to be washed
13. What is Yovogan wearing when he first encounters Francisco?
(a) White muslin
(c) Pink satin
(d) Green brocade
14. What was the main ambition of Jijibou's father?
(a) To have a white son-in-law
(b) To become wealthy
(c) To have grandchildren
(d) To have his daughter well cared for
15. How old was Jijibou when she married Francisco?
Short Answer Questions
1. What point does Francisco emphasize in his letter to Joaquim?
2. In the verse the slaves chant on Francisco's plantation, what do the slaves predict about Francisco's well?
3. What information does Francisco share with Jacinto?
4. What is the story Francisco tells his twin daughters that makes them scream?
5. Francisco is dipped in a vat filled with what liquid?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)