|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, pages 134-150 and Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the toy Eugenia is given after her mother's death?
(a) An abacus
(b) A wagon
(c) A small train
(d) A wooden doll
2. Where does Dr. Ferraez and his wife live?
(a) Above the governor's suite
(b) Above the pharmacy
(c) In a hotel
(d) In Francisco's house
3. Why was Taparica tortured?
(a) It was believed that he'd lied about the kind
(b) It was believed he knew where escaped slaves were hiding
(c) It was believed he'd given up secret information to another country
(d) It was believed he knew the secret of buried treasure
4. What do the Da Silva boys wear until they are about seven years old?
(a) Shorts and t-shirts
(b) Long dresses
(c) Button-up shirts and slacks
5. How did the family of Francisco Manoel da Silva plan to honor his memory?
(a) With a series of speeches and dinner
(b) With a Requiem Mass and dinner
(c) With a burial and dinner
(d) With dinner a a play
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion is Rosemary da Silva?
2. What is Francisco de Silva's Brazilian name?
3. Who is Kankpe?
4. What month was the memorial event held?
5. What is significant about the trunks of the mango trees Mama Wewe passes as she walks with the professor?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)