|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, pages 134-150 and Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the first picture Francisco had on the wall facing his bed?
(a) A still life of fruit
(b) A portrait of Jijibou
(c) An ocean scene
(d) A scene from Bahia
2. What object is under a glass dome on the mantle of Mama Wewe's home?
(a) A clock
(b) A lock of Cesario's hair
(c) A silver ring
(d) A bust of her father
3. What does "Simbodji" mean?
(a) Big Rock
(b) Big Money
(c) Big Wealth
(d) Big House
4. What religion is Rosemary da Silva?
5. What sound does Taparica make to clear the way when Francisco is traveling through the town?
(a) He blows a trumpet
(b) He beats a drum
(c) He whistles
(d) He clangs a bell
Short Answer Questions
1. What do members of the family think about the president's speech?
2. What is the second part of the pardon Francisco eventually receives?
3. After Francisco begins his roaming, he knows "flashes of happiness," but only in what instance?
4. What is the name of the man who tends cattle for Francisco's mother?
5. What information does Francisco share with Jacinto?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)