|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, pages 134-150 and Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the first Brazilians to arrive in Ouidah following the outbreak of war in 1851?
(a) Young convicts from Australia
(b) Mulattos freed by their masters
(c) Former military men returning from the war
(d) Former slaves who had bought their freedom
2. What color is the cloth Mama Wewe eventually drapes all around her room?
3. What is the cause of Dona Luciana's death?
(a) She drowns at sea
(b) A heart attack
(c) She's executed
4. Francisco is dipped in a vat filled with what liquid?
5. What does the king do with the skulls of his slain enemy?
(a) Use them as teh base of his throne
(b) All the above
(c) Drinks from them
(d) Holds conversations with them
Short Answer Questions
1. Who buries Taparica?
2. What is Taparica the Tambour wearing when Francisco arrives?
3. What group seems to be immune from the disease sweeping the region?
4. What solution does Francisco believe will put an end to his legal problems, allowing him to return to Brazil?
5. What do the captives believe is to be their fate as soon as they see the slave ships?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)