|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chpater Five, pages 111-133.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is Rosemary da Silva's dress?
2. How many years pass before Francisco brands the first of his own cattle?
(d) He never brands
3. How long does it take Francisco to send forty-five loads of slaves to Bahia?
(a) Two years
(b) Two decades
(c) Two months
(d) Two weeks
4. What demands does Francisco make of the king?
(a) That he make repairs to the Fort
(b) Taht he release prisoners
(c) That he resume the sale of slaves
(d) All the above
5. What are the king's sandals made of?
(a) Peacock feathers
(b) Gold wire
(d) Silver braids
Short Answer Questions
1. In the verse the slaves chant on Francisco's plantation, what do the slaves predict about Francisco's well?
2. What sound does Taparica make to clear the way when Francisco is traveling through the town?
3. Where does the family head after the memorial event?
4. What had Francisco de Silva provided to the king of Dahomy?
5. Who is it that asks Francisco what gifts he has?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)