|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chpater Five, pages 111-133.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does Francisco's father do?
(a) He is a dairy farmer
(b) He works on the railroad
(c) He owns a small farm
(d) He is a ranch hand
2. What color is Rosemary da Silva's dress?
3. Uncle Procopio says the family would starve without what crop?
4. What scene was depicted on the rattan mat in the bar where Uncle Procopio stopped for a drink?
(a) Giraffes in a Chinese landscape
(b) Elephants in an African landscape
(c) Horses in a river landscape
(d) Dogs in a desert landscape
5. How do members of the family listen to the presidential speech that evening?
(a) On the radio
(b) On the television
(c) It's broadcast from vehicles traveling the streets
(d) They go to the presidential palace
Short Answer Questions
1. How hold is Francisco when his father dies?
2. How much time passes before Francisco is named the Viceroy of Ouidah?
3. Why does Mama Wewe choose azure cloth to wrap Cesario's body?
4. How many days pass during which the professor could not come to shore because of bad weather?
5. What is the prevalent smell during March at the home of Joaquim's family?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)