|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chpater Five, pages 111-133.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Francisco woke one night during the voyage covered in vomit. Why?
(a) The ship had been in rough seas due to a tornado
(b) Francisco had been seasick for the entire voyage
(c) The sailors had played a joke on him
(d) The ship's cook had served bad fish
2. What color is the cloth Mama Wewe eventually drapes all around her room?
3. What deformity does Manuelzinho have?
(a) He wears a patch over one eye
(b) He is hare-lipped
(c) He has one hand
(d) He limps
4. What is Francisco de Silva's Brazilian name?
(a) Don de Silva
(b) Dom Francisco
(c) Dom Franklin
(d) Don Siverado
5. Why is the memorial event almost canceled?
(a) The church is not available
(b) A young military officer demands that it be cancelled
(c) The family can't agree on a service time
(d) Members of the family come down with the flu
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Francisco's father do?
2. What do some believe about the king's bravery?
3. What demands does Francisco make of the king?
4. What is the answer to one of Francisco's favorite riddles about "girls in a castle clothed in yellow?"
5. What is the disease contracted by the professor's traveling partner?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)