|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does one family member say a cowrie shell was used for in the United States?
(b) Something to write on
2. What time does the woman begin crying?
(a) Twenty-five minutes past eight
(b) Four o'clock
(c) Eight o'clock
(d) Seven o'clock
3. How did the family of Francisco Manoel da Silva plan to honor his memory?
(a) With dinner a a play
(b) With a series of speeches and dinner
(c) With a Requiem Mass and dinner
(d) With a burial and dinner
4. When did Mama Wewe fall in love with the professor?
(a) In 1998
(b) Exactly ninety-eight years ago
(c) When she was nineteen
(d) She'd never loved him
5. After Francisco begins his roaming, he knows "flashes of happiness," but only in what instance?
(a) When he encounters old friends
(b) When he remembers his mother
(c) When he's ready to move on
(d) When he makes money
Short Answer Questions
1. What Bible story is Cesario particularly fond of?
2. What spice is used on the pigs' heads served at the family feast?
3. What is the fate of the man who tends the family's cattle?
4. What scene was depicted on the rattan mat in the bar where Uncle Procopio stopped for a drink?
5. Which of the following is the professor NOT wearing on the day Mama Wewe met him for the first time?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)