|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color are the shutters on the house where Mama Wewe is staying?
2. How old is Francisco during the drought?
(d) One year, seven months
3. What condition is placed on the family holding the memorial event?
(a) That they wear masks so they don't spread the flu
(b) That they pay homage to the military leaders
(c) That they listen to a specific broadcast
(d) That they pay in advance for the use of the church
4. What is the fate of the man who tends the family's cattle?
(a) He is burned to death during a wildfire
(b) He dies of a heart attack
(c) He is taken in by his daughter
(d) He dies of thirst
5. What object is under a glass dome on the mantle of Mama Wewe's home?
(a) A lock of Cesario's hair
(b) A bust of her father
(c) A clock
(d) A silver ring
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the man who gets his hand caught in a press on the farm?
2. What does one family member say a cowrie shell was used for in the United States?
3. What religion is Rosemary da Silva?
4. What is the prevalent smell during March at the home of Joaquim's family?
5. What deformity does Manuelzinho have?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)