|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mama Wewe choose azure cloth to wrap Cesario's body?
(a) It's the color of clouds
(b) It's the color of a robin's egg
(c) It's the color of the sea
(d) It's the colors Angels wear in Heaven
2. What color was the limewash Modeste and Pierre used to paint?
3. After Francisco begins his roaming, he knows "flashes of happiness," but only in what instance?
(a) When he's ready to move on
(b) When he encounters old friends
(c) When he remembers his mother
(d) When he makes money
4. How did the family of Francisco Manoel da Silva plan to honor his memory?
(a) With a burial and dinner
(b) With a series of speeches and dinner
(c) With a Requiem Mass and dinner
(d) With dinner a a play
5. What is one of Francisco's principal amusements during his time in Bahia?
(a) Following funeral processions
(b) Eating at the outdoor cafes
(c) Cooking at a friend's house
(d) Dancing with girls he meets in the marketplace
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Agostinho-Ezekiel da Silva?
2. How old is Francisco during the drought?
3. What does the young girl say is wrong with Mama Wewe?
4. Uncle Procopio says the family would starve without what crop?
5. Which of the following items was not on the shelf in Dom Francisco's room?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)