|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the disease contracted by the professor's traveling partner?
2. What event did Mama Wewe celebrate in 1953?
(a) The birth of her fourth child
(b) Her one hundredth anniversary
(c) Her one hundredth birthday
(d) The birth of her one hundredth great-grandchild
3. How did the family of Francisco Manoel da Silva plan to honor his memory?
(a) With a series of speeches and dinner
(b) With a burial and dinner
(c) With dinner a a play
(d) With a Requiem Mass and dinner
4. What does one family member say a cowrie shell was used for in the United States?
(a) Something to write on
5. What is significant about the trunks of the mango trees Mama Wewe passes as she walks with the professor?
(a) They've been sawed off
(b) They have names carved in them
(c) They have handholds for climbing
(d) They've been whitewashed
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are Mama Wewe's eyes?
2. What color was the limewash Modeste and Pierre used to paint?
3. What Bible story is Cesario particularly fond of?
4. What religion is Rosemary da Silva?
5. What name is Helene da Silva better known as?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)