|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preface and Chapter One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does one family member say a cowrie shell was used for in the United States?
(c) Something to write on
2. What do members of the family think about the president's speech?
(a) They are angry and upset
(b) They believe he's on the right track
(c) They are worried that their lives will soon change
(d) They don't really listen
3. How do members of the family listen to the presidential speech that evening?
(a) It's broadcast from vehicles traveling the streets
(b) On the radio
(c) They go to the presidential palace
(d) On the television
4. What color was the limewash Modeste and Pierre used to paint?
5. How do the boys figure out how to play billiards when they find a billiard table?
(a) They don't
(b) An uncle shows them
(c) They've been taught by pool sharks
(d) They've watched it on television
Short Answer Questions
1. Uncle Procopio says the family would starve without what crop?
2. How old is Agostinho-Ezekiel da Silva?
3. What condition is placed on the family holding the memorial event?
4. How long has Francisco Manoel da Silva been dead at the time of the gathering to honor his memory?
5. What name is Helene da Silva better known as?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)