|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chpater Five, pages 111-133.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mama Wewe attend singing services?
(a) She is looking for a place to find peace
(b) She wants to develop her voice
(c) To learn English
(d) She feels the need to worship
2. Where does the family head after the memorial event?
(a) A Portuguese restaurant
(b) A Portuguese sail boat
(c) The Portuguese Fort
(d) The Portuguese Chapel
3. How soon after the death of Francisco's father does his mother "take up" with another man?
(a) Within weeks
(b) Winthin a year
(c) Withing two years
(d) Within months
4. How long would Manuelzinho remain with Francisco and his mother before leaving?
(a) About a month
(b) About a week
(c) About a year
(d) He never leaves
5. What color are the walls of the Coutinhos' plantation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the first picture Francisco had on the wall facing his bed?
2. What does Taparica tell the slaves about their future homes?
3. What were the women yelling prior to the beginning of the feast?
4. What color are the shutters on Francisco's childhood home?
5. How do the boys figure out how to play billiards when they find a billiard table?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)