|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chpater Five, pages 111-133.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama Wewe put in Cesario's hand before he's buried?
(a) A silver ring
(b) A gold coin
(c) A watch
(d) A flashlight
2. In the verse the slaves chant on Francisco's plantation, what do the slaves predict about Francisco's well?
(a) That it will produce tainted water
(b) That it will never run dry
(c) That it will run dry when the slave trade ends
(d) That it will run dry soon
3. What is the name of the man who tends cattle for Francisco's mother?
4. What does the young girl say is wrong with Mama Wewe?
(a) She's had a heart attack
(b) She's grieving for Francisco
(c) She's been poisoned
(d) She won't eat
5. How much time passes before Francisco is named the Viceroy of Ouidah?
(a) Less than a year
(b) A full five years
(c) About a month
(d) Only three days
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the professor NOT wearing on the day Mama Wewe met him for the first time?
2. What color is the cat Francisco's first wife is often seen with?
3. What color is Francisco's hair at age fifty?
4. How many ships are commissioned by Francisco, either privately or with partners?
5. Why does Mama Wewe choose azure cloth to wrap Cesario's body?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)