|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chpater Five, pages 111-133.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years pass before Francisco brands the first of his own cattle?
(b) He never brands
2. Why did the Portuguese boat stop at Popos?
(a) They had sick people and were in need of a doctor
(b) They had been in a storm and needed to repair the sail
(c) They needed new water kegs
(d) They wanted to offer Francisco passage to Ouidah
3. What event did Mama Wewe celebrate in 1953?
(a) The birth of her one hundredth great-grandchild
(b) Her one hundredth birthday
(c) The birth of her fourth child
(d) Her one hundredth anniversary
4. What crimes are the first slaves sold from Ouidah accused of having committed?
(a) Stealing bread
(b) Stealing the king's palm-nuts
(c) Being upable to pay their debts
(d) Being lazy
5. How long would Manuelzinho remain with Francisco and his mother before leaving?
(a) About a week
(b) About a month
(c) He never leaves
(d) About a year
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Tupuitapera get its name?
2. What does Herr Raabe want to train Cesario to be?
3. It's noted that Jijibou grows into a woman with a shape that resembles what?
4. What is significant about the trunks of the mango trees Mama Wewe passes as she walks with the professor?
5. What fruit is on a plate near Mama Wewe?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)