|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama Wewe learn about money earned by the daughters of a Missionary?
(a) Their family needs the money in order to eat
(b) Their father uses the money to buy drink
(c) They give the money to the church
(d) They buy lipstick and perfume with the money
2. Which of the following items was not on the shelf in Dom Francisco's room?
(a) A gold compass
(b) A silver elephant
(c) An Ecce Homo
(d) A gilt crucifix
3. How do the boys figure out how to play billiards when they find a billiard table?
(a) They've watched it on television
(b) They don't
(c) They've been taught by pool sharks
(d) An uncle shows them
4. What is significant about the trunks of the mango trees Mama Wewe passes as she walks with the professor?
(a) They have handholds for climbing
(b) They've been whitewashed
(c) They've been sawed off
(d) They have names carved in them
5. What is the disease contracted by the professor's traveling partner?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the cloth Mama Wewe eventually drapes all around her room?
2. What condition is placed on the family holding the memorial event?
3. What color is Rosemary da Silva's dress?
4. What musical instrument is being played as the memorial event takes place?
5. How do members of the family listen to the presidential speech that evening?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)