|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the son begin to see his mother after learning about his parent's sexual roles?
2. What are men searching for when the admire women with long feet?
3. What body part appears repeatedly in Da Vinci's art?
4. What happens in the second stage of a child's developmental process, according to Freud?
5. What happens to a child's perception of their parents as a child grows mentally?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Discuss the two forces that Freud finds the unconscious acknowledges in the force of suppression and the force to remember a memory. How does this result in conflict within the individual?
Essay Topic 2Analyze and explain Freud's analysis of Da Vinci's childhood dream and what Freud argues his dream symbolizes as an adult.
Essay Topic 3Analyze and discuss Freud's student who was afraid of sand and why this example of uncanny developed and stayed with him through his adult years.
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)