|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What text of literature does Freud mention in association to female and male familial fantasies?
2. What does Freud feel Da Vinci's bizarre childhood memory really is?
3. What was Da Vinci's nickname that Freud agrees was an appropriate name for him?
4. What is the word fly related to in many languages?
5. Who was Da Vinci only halfheartedly accepted by?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the two forces that Freud finds the unconscious acknowledges in the force of suppression and the force to remember a memory. How does this result in conflict within the individual?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and explain Freud's analysis of Da Vinci's childhood dream and what Freud argues his dream symbolizes as an adult.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and discuss Freud's student who was afraid of sand and why this example of uncanny developed and stayed with him through his adult years.
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)