|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freud call the third stage of a child's developmental process?
2. What do children ultimately desire when they desire to become adults?
3. How does the son begin to see his mother after learning about his parent's sexual roles?
4. What did Da Vinci never take interest in?
5. What does Freud feel Da Vinci's bizarre childhood memory really is?
Essay Topic 1
Explain how Freud argues artists are capable of manifesting pleasures desired in their dreams through their work.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and explain Freud's analysis of Da Vinci's childhood dream and what Freud argues his dream symbolizes as an adult.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how the story of "Oedipus Rex" by Sophocles is congruent to the ideas of "The Uncanny."
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)