|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freud argue happens to the child in the first stage of the developmental process?
(a) The child feels that others are taking his or her parents away from them.
(b) The child begins to grow territorial.
(c) The child questions everything.
(d) The child loves everyone.
2. What does the child fantasize about in the third stage of the developmental process, according to Freud?
(a) Leaving his or her parents.
(b) Superseding his or her parents.
(c) Replacing his or her parents.
(d) Running away.
3. What does Freud intend to do by looking at Da Vinci?
(a) Discern important facts about Italy.
(b) Discern important facts about human psychology.
(c) Disecern important facts about the Reniassance.
(d) Discern important facts about art.
4. How does the child view his parents, according to Freud?
(b) As the worst people.
(c) As the greatest people.
(d) Like God.
5. How many parts is "Leonardo da Vinci and a Memory of his Childhood" divided into?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a tail symbolize in many cultures, like Italian?
2. What is Da Vinci's most notable piece of art?
3. What animal opens up Da Vinci's mouth in his memory from when he was a baby?
4. What does Freud feel Da Vinci's bizarre childhood memory really is?
5. What does Freud focus on in the essay "Family Romances"?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)