|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a child's perception of his or her parent's sexual role?
(a) They do not understand.
(b) They understand.
(c) They are ignorant to it.
(d) They are informed, but still do not understand.
2. How did Da Vinci differ from other artist's?
(a) He seemed uninterested in promoting his work.
(b) He was never inspired.
(c) He was better than they were.
(d) He made his work look genuine.
3. What image does a child try to retain?
(a) The good image of his parents.
(b) The happy childhood he or she had.
(c) The bad image of his parents.
(d) The happy memories of his or her parents.
4. What does Freud call the third stage of a child's developmental process?
(a) Family neurtoics.
(b) Family romance of the neurotics.
(c) Neurosis of the family.
(d) Romance neurosis.
5. Which family relationship does Freud focus on in "Family Romances"?
(a) Children and parents.
(c) Children and cousins.
(d) Siblings and their parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freud argue the common man may be interested in in "Leonardo da Vinci and a Memory of his Childhood"?
2. What happens to prevent the reconciliation of the subconscious?
3. What does Freud discern is very unlikely Da Vinci ever did?
4. What culture believes a vulture is a symbol of one's mother?
5. What happens to a child's perception of their parents as a child grows mentally?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)