|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do children tend to think of their mother, according to Freud?
(a) That she is the most beautiful and nicest.
(b) That she is the sweetest.
(c) That she is evil.
(d) That she is the most fair.
2. How does the son perceive his father after learning about his parent's sexual roles?
(a) He raises his father to a higher level.
(b) He lowers his mother to a lower level.
(c) He raises his mother to a higher level.
3. What does Freud believe Da Vinci turned to, to better his art?
4. What does Freud argue the common man may be interested in in "Leonardo da Vinci and a Memory of his Childhood"?
(a) That Da Vinci is the greatest.
(b) The desires of great persons.
(c) The motivation of great persons.
(d) The psychology of great persons.
5. What body part appears repeatedly in Da Vinci's art?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the son begin to see his mother after learning about his parent's sexual roles?
2. What does Freud suggest the psychoanalyst typically does to the person he or she is analyzing?
3. What culture believes a vulture is a symbol of one's mother?
4. What images result when a child's attempts to retain the image of his or her parents?
5. What did Da Vinci desire that was a common desire in many dreamers?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)