|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Da Vinci differ from other artist's?
(a) He made his work look genuine.
(b) He was better than they were.
(c) He was never inspired.
(d) He seemed uninterested in promoting his work.
2. Which family relationship does Freud focus on in "Family Romances"?
(a) Siblings and their parents.
(b) Children and parents.
(d) Children and cousins.
3. What is the family romance fantasy an attempt of the subconscious to reconcile with?
(a) The idolization and love of the parents that comes with the unwelcome, ugly truth.
(b) A missing element of one's life.
(c) A lack of love and companionship.
(d) A desire for parental love.
4. What was Da Vinci's nickname that Freud agrees was an appropriate name for him?
(a) The Italian-Faust.
(b) The Italian Lover.
(c) The Italian Dreamer.
(d) The Italian Stallion.
5. What is a central theme in all of Freud's work?
(a) The conflict and relationships of the family.
(c) Suppressed desires.
(d) The ego and the id.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal opens up Da Vinci's mouth in his memory from when he was a baby?
2. What culture believes a vulture is a symbol of one's mother?
3. What did ancient cultures see the male phallus as?
4. How does the son perceive his father after learning about his parent's sexual roles?
5. What does Freud discern is very unlikely Da Vinci ever did?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)