|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What images result when a child's attempts to retain the image of his or her parents?
(a) A fantasy version of their parents takes place.
(b) The image is distorted.
(c) A real version of their parents takes place.
2. What stage takes on a sexual nature after the sexual differences of father and mother are recognized?
(a) The aesxual stage.
(b) The informative stage.
(c) The null stage.
(d) The hidden desire stage.
3. What does the first part of "Leonardo da Vinci and a Memory of his Childhood" discuss?
(a) What the artist can do for the public.
(b) Why psychoanalysts should be interested in great thinkers like Da Vinci.
(c) The artist's eye.
(d) Why he will analyze Da Vinci.
4. What was Da Vinci's first love? `
5. What is a child's perception of his or her parent's sexual role?
(a) They are ignorant to it.
(b) They do not understand.
(c) They understand.
(d) They are informed, but still do not understand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the time period Da Vinci lived in like, according to Freud?
2. What was Da Vinci's nickname that Freud agrees was an appropriate name for him?
3. What animal opens up Da Vinci's mouth in his memory from when he was a baby?
4. What do children ultimately desire when they desire to become adults?
5. How do children tend to think of the father, according to Freud?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)