|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the family romance fantasy an attempt of the subconscious to reconcile with?
(a) A lack of love and companionship.
(b) The idolization and love of the parents that comes with the unwelcome, ugly truth.
(c) A desire for parental love.
(d) A missing element of one's life.
2. What did ancient cultures see the male phallus as?
(b) The fount of all life.
3. What was Da Vinci's first love? `
4. What text of literature does Freud mention in association to female and male familial fantasies?
(a) "The Bible."
(b) "Moby Dick."
(c) "Oedipus Rex."
(d) "Romeo and Juliet."
5. How did Da Vinci differ from other artist's?
(a) He was better than they were.
(b) He seemed uninterested in promoting his work.
(c) He was never inspired.
(d) He made his work look genuine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is sexual sublimation?
2. What does God mean to Freud?
3. What does Freud feel Da Vinci's bizarre childhood memory really is?
4. What did Da Vinci avoid eating?
5. Who kills his father and marries his mother?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)