|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the son believe if he has a sister?
(a) That his dad hurt his mother to have his sister.
(c) That his sister is not really his sister.
(d) That his mother had an extramarital affair.
2. What is the family romance fantasy an attempt of the subconscious to reconcile with?
(a) A missing element of one's life.
(b) The idolization and love of the parents that comes with the unwelcome, ugly truth.
(c) A desire for parental love.
(d) A lack of love and companionship.
3. How did Da Vinci differ from other artist's?
(a) He was never inspired.
(b) He made his work look genuine.
(c) He was better than they were.
(d) He seemed uninterested in promoting his work.
4. What was Da Vinci's nickname that Freud agrees was an appropriate name for him?
(a) The Italian Dreamer.
(b) The Italian Stallion.
(c) The Italian Lover.
(d) The Italian-Faust.
5. How was Da Vinci described?
(a) Unstable and melancholy.
(b) Imperfect and unhappy.
(c) Stable and happy.
(d) Happy and imperfect.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freud believe Da Vinci turned to, to better his art?
2. What did Da Vinci never take interest in?
3. How does the son begin to see his mother after learning about his parent's sexual roles?
4. What animal opens up Da Vinci's mouth in his memory from when he was a baby?
5. What leads to psychological disorders if not accomplished properly, according to Freud?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)