|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What text of literature does Freud mention in association to female and male familial fantasies?
(a) "Moby Dick."
(b) "Oedipus Rex."
(c) "The Bible."
(d) "Romeo and Juliet."
2. What is Da Vinci's most unfinished painting titled?
(a) The Missing Lisa.
(b) The Moaning Lisa.
(c) The Mona Lisa.
(d) The Mother Lisa.
3. What does the process of growth of children in the family involve, according to Freud?
(a) The desire for the child to learn.
(b) The desire for the child to imitate his or her parents.
(c) The desire for the child to supersede his or her parents.
(d) The desire for the child to give.
4. What does Freud call the third stage of a child's developmental process?
(a) Family romance of the neurotics.
(b) Neurosis of the family.
(c) Romance neurosis.
(d) Family neurtoics.
5. Which family relationship does Freud focus on in "Family Romances"?
(b) Siblings and their parents.
(c) Children and cousins.
(d) Children and parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a tail symbolize in many cultures, like Italian?
2. What does the child fantasize about in the third stage of the developmental process, according to Freud?
3. What was Da Vinci cool to the differences between?
4. What did Da Vinci never take interest in?
5. What is the family romance fantasy an attempt of the subconscious to reconcile with?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)