|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the time period Da Vinci lived in like, according to Freud?
2. Who kills his father and marries his mother?
(d) Oedipus's mom.
3. What does the son believe if he has a sister?
(b) That his mother had an extramarital affair.
(c) That his sister is not really his sister.
(d) That his dad hurt his mother to have his sister.
4. What did Da Vinci desire that was a common desire in many dreamers?
(a) To fly.
(b) To live forever.
(c) To die.
(d) To swim.
5. What does Freud focus on in the essay "Family Romances"?
(a) The love in family.
(b) The relationships of family.
(c) The development of family.
(d) The development of basic romantic attachments.
6. What was Da Vinci's first love? `
7. What does the child fantasize about in the third stage of the developmental process, according to Freud?
(a) Leaving his or her parents.
(b) Superseding his or her parents.
(c) Running away.
(d) Replacing his or her parents.
8. What is a child's perception of his or her parent's sexual role?
(a) They do not understand.
(b) They are informed, but still do not understand.
(c) They are ignorant to it.
(d) They understand.
9. What animal opens up Da Vinci's mouth in his memory from when he was a baby?
(a) A rooster.
(b) A crane.
(c) A vulture.
(d) A pelican.
10. What is sexual sublimation?
(a) Repressed sexual desires.
(b) Desires seen in random and odd objects.
(c) Hidden sexual desires.
(d) Channeling strong sexual energy into the artistic output.
11. How do children tend to think of the father, according to Freud?
(a) That he is a liar.
(b) That he is the strongest of men.
(c) That he is a warrior.
(d) That he is handsome.
12. What is the family romance fantasy an attempt of the subconscious to reconcile with?
(a) A lack of love and companionship.
(b) A missing element of one's life.
(c) A desire for parental love.
(d) The idolization and love of the parents that comes with the unwelcome, ugly truth.
13. What is Da Vinci's most notable piece of art?
(a) The Mona Lisa.
(b) The Piazza.
(c) The David.
(d) The Sisteen Chapel.
14. What did Da Vinci never take interest in?
15. Who did Da Vinci have a strong identification with, like most homosexuals according to Freud?
(a) His sister.
(b) His father.
(c) His best girl friend.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to prevent the reconciliation of the subconscious?
2. What leads to psychological disorders if not accomplished properly, according to Freud?
3. How did Da Vinci perceive romantic love?
4. Who is Mut?
5. How was Da Vinci described?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)