|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Da Vinci only halfheartedly accepted by?
(a) His best friend.
(b) His wife.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
2. What is the word fly related to in many languages?
(a) The female sexual organ.
(c) The male sexual organ.
3. What smacks baby Da Vinci on the lips in his childhood memory?
(a) The vulture's tail.
(b) The crane's tail.
(c) The vulture's hand.
(d) The rooster's tail.
4. What does Freud reason is really Da Vinci's memory?
(a) A fantasy of being fed.
(b) A fantasy of sucking on his mother's nippples.
(c) A fantasy of being hurt.
(d) A fantasy of being loved.
5. What is the family romance fantasy an attempt of the subconscious to reconcile with?
(a) The idolization and love of the parents that comes with the unwelcome, ugly truth.
(b) A missing element of one's life.
(c) A lack of love and companionship.
(d) A desire for parental love.
6. What did Da Vinci avoid eating?
7. How does the son begin to see his mother after learning about his parent's sexual roles?
(a) As a goddess.
(c) As a form of Satan.
8. What does the first part of "Leonardo da Vinci and a Memory of his Childhood" discuss?
(a) The artist's eye.
(b) Why psychoanalysts should be interested in great thinkers like Da Vinci.
(c) What the artist can do for the public.
(d) Why he will analyze Da Vinci.
9. What does Freud believe Da Vinci turned to, to better his art?
10. What does God mean to Freud?
(a) He does not believe in him.
(b) He is an idealized and exalted figure.
(c) He gives him peace.
(d) He calms him.
11. What is a central theme in all of Freud's work?
(b) The conflict and relationships of the family.
(c) The ego and the id.
(d) Suppressed desires.
12. What stage takes on a sexual nature after the sexual differences of father and mother are recognized?
(a) The hidden desire stage.
(b) The null stage.
(c) The aesxual stage.
(d) The informative stage.
13. Who kills his father and marries his mother?
(a) Oedipus's mom.
14. How was Da Vinci described?
(a) Unstable and melancholy.
(b) Stable and happy.
(c) Happy and imperfect.
(d) Imperfect and unhappy.
15. What leads to psychological disorders if not accomplished properly, according to Freud?
(a) The lack of motivation.
(b) The lack of love.
(c) The lack of connection to the conscious and unconscious.
(d) The lack of reconcilation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Da Vinci desire that was a common desire in many dreamers?
2. What animal opens up Da Vinci's mouth in his memory from when he was a baby?
3. What happens to a child's perception of their parents as a child grows mentally?
4. What did ancient cultures see the male phallus as?
5. How did Da Vinci perceive romantic love?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)