|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is sexual sublimation?
(a) Hidden sexual desires.
(b) Repressed sexual desires.
(c) Desires seen in random and odd objects.
(d) Channeling strong sexual energy into the artistic output.
2. What is the word fly related to in many languages?
(a) The female sexual organ.
(c) The male sexual organ.
3. What smacks baby Da Vinci on the lips in his childhood memory?
(a) The rooster's tail.
(b) The vulture's hand.
(c) The crane's tail.
(d) The vulture's tail.
4. What was Da Vinci's nickname that Freud agrees was an appropriate name for him?
(a) The Italian Lover.
(b) The Italian Stallion.
(c) The Italian Dreamer.
(d) The Italian-Faust.
5. Who was Da Vinci only halfheartedly accepted by?
(a) His wife.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His best friend.
6. What is a child's perception of his or her parent's sexual role?
(a) They are ignorant to it.
(b) They do not understand.
(c) They are informed, but still do not understand.
(d) They understand.
7. How many parts is "Leonardo da Vinci and a Memory of his Childhood" divided into?
8. How do children tend to think of their mother, according to Freud?
(a) That she is evil.
(b) That she is the sweetest.
(c) That she is the most beautiful and nicest.
(d) That she is the most fair.
9. What did Da Vinci avoid eating?
10. What culture believes a vulture is a symbol of one's mother?
11. What happens to a child's perception of their parents as a child grows mentally?
(a) They begin to detest and resent their parents.
(b) They learn the ugly truth about their parents.
(d) They grow appreciative.
12. What does Freud argue the appearance of an emperor or empress means in one's dream?
(a) Their need for order and rule.
(c) A representatio of the dreamer's parents.
(d) Their desire for authority.
13. What does Freud suggest the psychoanalyst typically does to the person he or she is analyzing?
(a) Critique them.
(b) Ignore their accomplishments.
(c) Bring the great person down to their level.
(d) Praise them.
14. What does Freud discern is very unlikely Da Vinci ever did?
(a) Ate an animal.
(b) Read a book.
(c) Saw a movie.
(d) Slept with a woman.
15. What did Da Vinci never take interest in?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the son believe if he has a sister?
2. What does the first part of "Leonardo da Vinci and a Memory of his Childhood" discuss?
3. Who is Mut?
4. What does Freud focus on in the essay "Family Romances"?
5. What does Freud intend to do by looking at Da Vinci?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)