Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freud call the third stage of a child's developmental process?
(a) Romance neurosis.
(b) Family romance of the neurotics.
(c) Family neurtoics.
(d) Neurosis of the family.
2. What do children ultimately desire when they desire to become adults?
(a) Complete understanding.
(b) Full control.
(d) Full adult sexuality.
3. How does the son begin to see his mother after learning about his parent's sexual roles?
(a) As a form of Satan.
(c) As a goddess.
4. What did Da Vinci never take interest in?
5. What does Freud feel Da Vinci's bizarre childhood memory really is?
(a) A projection.
(b) A screen memory.
(c) An uncanny.
(d) A hidden desire.
6. How do children tend to think of the father, according to Freud?
(a) That he is handsome.
(b) That he is the strongest of men.
(c) That he is a liar.
(d) That he is a warrior.
7. What was the time period Da Vinci lived in like, according to Freud?
8. Who is Mut?
(a) The American Goddess.
(b) The Egyptian Goddess.
(c) The Italian Goddess.
(d) The French Goddess.
9. What does Freud argue the common man may be interested in in "Leonardo da Vinci and a Memory of his Childhood"?
(a) The psychology of great persons.
(b) The desires of great persons.
(c) That Da Vinci is the greatest.
(d) The motivation of great persons.
10. What is Da Vinci's most notable piece of art?
(a) The Mona Lisa.
(b) The Piazza.
(c) The David.
(d) The Sisteen Chapel.
11. What body part appears repeatedly in Da Vinci's art?
12. Who did Da Vinci have a strong identification with, like most homosexuals according to Freud?
(a) His best girl friend.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His sister.
13. What does Freud discern is very unlikely Da Vinci ever did?
(a) Read a book.
(b) Saw a movie.
(c) Ate an animal.
(d) Slept with a woman.
14. What was Da Vinci cool to the differences between?
(a) Holy and cursed.
(b) Good and evil.
(c) Night and day.
(d) Dark and light.
15. What is the family romance fantasy an attempt of the subconscious to reconcile with?
(a) A lack of love and companionship.
(b) A missing element of one's life.
(c) The idolization and love of the parents that comes with the unwelcome, ugly truth.
(d) A desire for parental love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a central theme in all of Freud's work?
2. What stage takes on a sexual nature after the sexual differences of father and mother are recognized?
3. What does God mean to Freud?
4. Who was Da Vinci only halfheartedly accepted by?
5. What does the child fantasize about in the third stage of the developmental process, according to Freud?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)