|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freud call the third stage of a child's developmental process?
(a) Family romance of the neurotics.
(b) Family neurtoics.
(c) Neurosis of the family.
(d) Romance neurosis.
2. How many parts is "Leonardo da Vinci and a Memory of his Childhood" divided into?
3. How did Da Vinci perceive romantic love?
(a) With regret.
(b) With hope.
(c) Too idealized.
(d) With disgust.
4. What is a child's perception of his or her parent's sexual role?
(a) They understand.
(b) They do not understand.
(c) They are ignorant to it.
(d) They are informed, but still do not understand.
5. What is sexual sublimation?
(a) Channeling strong sexual energy into the artistic output.
(b) Desires seen in random and odd objects.
(c) Repressed sexual desires.
(d) Hidden sexual desires.
6. What was Da Vinci cool to the differences between?
(a) Dark and light.
(b) Good and evil.
(c) Night and day.
(d) Holy and cursed.
7. What does Freud associate Da Vinci's view of his father to?
(a) His view of religion.
(b) His view of love.
(c) His view of life.
(d) His view of God.
8. What happens to a child's perception of their parents as a child grows mentally?
(a) They grow appreciative.
(b) They learn the ugly truth about their parents.
(d) They begin to detest and resent their parents.
9. What did Da Vinci avoid eating?
10. What happens in the second stage of a child's developmental process, according to Freud?
(a) The child may begin to hate his or her parents.
(b) The child may fantasize that he or she was adopted.
(c) The child begins to question his or her parents.
(d) The child loves no one.
11. What is Da Vinci's most unfinished painting titled?
(a) The Mother Lisa.
(b) The Moaning Lisa.
(c) The Missing Lisa.
(d) The Mona Lisa.
12. What does a tail symbolize in many cultures, like Italian?
(a) A male's thoughts.
(b) A male penis.
(c) A male's control.
(d) A male's desire.
13. What smacks baby Da Vinci on the lips in his childhood memory?
(a) The crane's tail.
(b) The vulture's tail.
(c) The rooster's tail.
(d) The vulture's hand.
14. Which family relationship does Freud focus on in "Family Romances"?
(a) Siblings and their parents.
(b) Children and cousins.
(d) Children and parents.
15. How does the son begin to see his mother after learning about his parent's sexual roles?
(a) As a form of Satan.
(c) As a goddess.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the image a child had of his or her parents turn into during his or her adult life?
2. How do children tend to think of the father, according to Freud?
3. What is Da Vinci's most notable piece of art?
4. What does Freud discern is very unlikely Da Vinci ever did?
5. What does Freud believe Da Vinci turned to, to better his art?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)