|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the child view his parents, according to Freud?
(b) As the worst people.
(c) Like God.
(d) As the greatest people.
2. How was Da Vinci described?
(a) Unstable and melancholy.
(b) Stable and happy.
(c) Happy and imperfect.
(d) Imperfect and unhappy.
3. What does Freud suggest the psychoanalyst typically does to the person he or she is analyzing?
(a) Critique them.
(b) Ignore their accomplishments.
(c) Praise them.
(d) Bring the great person down to their level.
4. What does Freud call the third stage of a child's developmental process?
(a) Neurosis of the family.
(b) Romance neurosis.
(c) Family neurtoics.
(d) Family romance of the neurotics.
5. What does Freud argue happens to the child in the first stage of the developmental process?
(a) The child questions everything.
(b) The child loves everyone.
(c) The child feels that others are taking his or her parents away from them.
(d) The child begins to grow territorial.
6. What animal opens up Da Vinci's mouth in his memory from when he was a baby?
(a) A crane.
(b) A rooster.
(c) A vulture.
(d) A pelican.
7. What does Freud associate Da Vinci's view of his father to?
(a) His view of God.
(b) His view of life.
(c) His view of love.
(d) His view of religion.
8. Who kills his father and marries his mother?
(d) Oedipus's mom.
9. What does a tail symbolize in many cultures, like Italian?
(a) A male's desire.
(b) A male penis.
(c) A male's thoughts.
(d) A male's control.
10. What is sexual sublimation?
(a) Desires seen in random and odd objects.
(b) Hidden sexual desires.
(c) Channeling strong sexual energy into the artistic output.
(d) Repressed sexual desires.
11. What does Freud believe Da Vinci turned to, to better his art?
12. What is Da Vinci's most unfinished painting titled?
(a) The Mona Lisa.
(b) The Missing Lisa.
(c) The Mother Lisa.
(d) The Moaning Lisa.
13. Who was exiled from his family as a child?
(a) Oedipus's mom.
14. What does Freud argue the appearance of an emperor or empress means in one's dream?
(a) Their need for order and rule.
(c) A representatio of the dreamer's parents.
(d) Their desire for authority.
15. What does the son believe if he has a sister?
(a) That his mother had an extramarital affair.
(b) That his sister is not really his sister.
(c) That his dad hurt his mother to have his sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mut?
2. What happens in the second stage of a child's developmental process, according to Freud?
3. What does Freud feel Da Vinci's bizarre childhood memory really is?
4. What was Da Vinci's first love? `
5. Who was Da Vinci only halfheartedly accepted by?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)