|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the first part of "Leonardo da Vinci and a Memory of his Childhood" discuss?
(a) Why psychoanalysts should be interested in great thinkers like Da Vinci.
(b) The artist's eye.
(c) What the artist can do for the public.
(d) Why he will analyze Da Vinci.
2. What body part appears repeatedly in Da Vinci's art?
3. How was Da Vinci described?
(a) Unstable and melancholy.
(b) Happy and imperfect.
(c) Imperfect and unhappy.
(d) Stable and happy.
4. What was Da Vinci's nickname that Freud agrees was an appropriate name for him?
(a) The Italian Stallion.
(b) The Italian Dreamer.
(c) The Italian-Faust.
(d) The Italian Lover.
5. What did Da Vinci avoid eating?
6. What was Da Vinci cool to the differences between?
(a) Good and evil.
(b) Night and day.
(c) Holy and cursed.
(d) Dark and light.
7. What happens to prevent the reconciliation of the subconscious?
(a) A mark of disdain.
(b) A mark of a neurotic.
(c) A mark of resentment.
(d) A mark of disbelief.
8. How do children tend to think of their mother, according to Freud?
(a) That she is the most fair.
(b) That she is the sweetest.
(c) That she is evil.
(d) That she is the most beautiful and nicest.
9. What does Freud discern is very unlikely Da Vinci ever did?
(a) Slept with a woman.
(b) Read a book.
(c) Saw a movie.
(d) Ate an animal.
10. What does Freud reason is really Da Vinci's memory?
(a) A fantasy of being fed.
(b) A fantasy of being loved.
(c) A fantasy of being hurt.
(d) A fantasy of sucking on his mother's nippples.
11. What stage takes on a sexual nature after the sexual differences of father and mother are recognized?
(a) The null stage.
(b) The hidden desire stage.
(c) The aesxual stage.
(d) The informative stage.
12. What does Freud associate Da Vinci's view of his father to?
(a) His view of love.
(b) His view of God.
(c) His view of religion.
(d) His view of life.
13. Who was exiled from his family as a child?
(b) Oedipus's mom.
14. Who is Mut?
(a) The French Goddess.
(b) The Italian Goddess.
(c) The American Goddess.
(d) The Egyptian Goddess.
15. What does God mean to Freud?
(a) He does not believe in him.
(b) He gives him peace.
(c) He calms him.
(d) He is an idealized and exalted figure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What image does a child try to retain?
2. What animal opens up Da Vinci's mouth in his memory from when he was a baby?
3. What is Da Vinci's most unfinished painting titled?
4. What does the process of growth of children in the family involve, according to Freud?
5. What does Freud feel Da Vinci's bizarre childhood memory really is?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)