|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mut?
(a) The American Goddess.
(b) The French Goddess.
(c) The Italian Goddess.
(d) The Egyptian Goddess.
2. What was Da Vinci's nickname that Freud agrees was an appropriate name for him?
(a) The Italian Stallion.
(b) The Italian Dreamer.
(c) The Italian-Faust.
(d) The Italian Lover.
3. What stage takes on a sexual nature after the sexual differences of father and mother are recognized?
(a) The hidden desire stage.
(b) The null stage.
(c) The informative stage.
(d) The aesxual stage.
4. Who kills his father and marries his mother?
(b) Oedipus's mom.
5. What does the image a child had of his or her parents turn into during his or her adult life?
(a) The basis of their dreams.
(b) The basis of their nightmares.
(c) The basis of their desires.
(d) The basis of their unhappiness.
6. What was the time period Da Vinci lived in like, according to Freud?
7. What is the family romance fantasy an attempt of the subconscious to reconcile with?
(a) A lack of love and companionship.
(b) A desire for parental love.
(c) The idolization and love of the parents that comes with the unwelcome, ugly truth.
(d) A missing element of one's life.
8. What did Da Vinci never take interest in?
9. What did ancient cultures see the male phallus as?
(c) The fount of all life.
10. Who was exiled from his family as a child?
(b) Oedipus's mom.
11. How does the son begin to see his mother after learning about his parent's sexual roles?
(a) As a form of Satan.
(c) As a goddess.
12. What is Da Vinci's most notable piece of art?
(a) The Sisteen Chapel.
(b) The Piazza.
(c) The Mona Lisa.
(d) The David.
13. How many parts is "Leonardo da Vinci and a Memory of his Childhood" divided into?
14. What body part appears repeatedly in Da Vinci's art?
15. What does Freud discern is very unlikely Da Vinci ever did?
(a) Saw a movie.
(b) Ate an animal.
(c) Slept with a woman.
(d) Read a book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a central theme in all of Freud's work?
2. What does Freud associate Da Vinci's view of his father to?
3. What does the first part of "Leonardo da Vinci and a Memory of his Childhood" discuss?
4. What is the word fly related to in many languages?
5. How did Da Vinci differ from other artist's?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)