|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freud suggest the psychoanalyst typically does to the person he or she is analyzing?
(a) Critique them.
(b) Bring the great person down to their level.
(c) Praise them.
(d) Ignore their accomplishments.
2. How does the child view his parents, according to Freud?
(b) Like God.
(c) As the greatest people.
(d) As the worst people.
3. What does the process of growth of children in the family involve, according to Freud?
(a) The desire for the child to supersede his or her parents.
(b) The desire for the child to give.
(c) The desire for the child to learn.
(d) The desire for the child to imitate his or her parents.
4. What does the first part of "Leonardo da Vinci and a Memory of his Childhood" discuss?
(a) Why psychoanalysts should be interested in great thinkers like Da Vinci.
(b) The artist's eye.
(c) What the artist can do for the public.
(d) Why he will analyze Da Vinci.
5. What stage takes on a sexual nature after the sexual differences of father and mother are recognized?
(a) The aesxual stage.
(b) The null stage.
(c) The hidden desire stage.
(d) The informative stage.
6. What did ancient cultures see the male phallus as?
(b) The fount of all life.
7. What does Freud focus on in the essay "Family Romances"?
(a) The love in family.
(b) The development of basic romantic attachments.
(c) The relationships of family.
(d) The development of family.
8. How did Da Vinci differ from other artist's?
(a) He was never inspired.
(b) He was better than they were.
(c) He made his work look genuine.
(d) He seemed uninterested in promoting his work.
9. What does Freud argue happens to the child in the first stage of the developmental process?
(a) The child begins to grow territorial.
(b) The child feels that others are taking his or her parents away from them.
(c) The child questions everything.
(d) The child loves everyone.
10. How many parts is "Leonardo da Vinci and a Memory of his Childhood" divided into?
11. How does the son perceive his father after learning about his parent's sexual roles?
(a) He raises his father to a higher level.
(c) He lowers his mother to a lower level.
(d) He raises his mother to a higher level.
12. What do children ultimately desire when they desire to become adults?
(a) Full adult sexuality.
(b) Complete understanding.
(c) Full control.
13. What was Da Vinci's nickname that Freud agrees was an appropriate name for him?
(a) The Italian Dreamer.
(b) The Italian Stallion.
(c) The Italian Lover.
(d) The Italian-Faust.
14. What does Freud associate Da Vinci's view of his father to?
(a) His view of love.
(b) His view of life.
(c) His view of God.
(d) His view of religion.
15. What are men searching for when the admire women with long feet?
(a) The male's penis.
(b) The female penis.
(c) The male's privates.
(d) The female privates.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freud call the process of one generation superseding another?
2. What smacks baby Da Vinci on the lips in his childhood memory?
3. What did Da Vinci avoid eating?
4. What does Freud intend to do by looking at Da Vinci?
5. What happens in the second stage of a child's developmental process, according to Freud?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)