|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do children ultimately desire when they desire to become adults?
(b) Full adult sexuality.
(c) Full control.
(d) Complete understanding.
2. How was Da Vinci described?
(a) Happy and imperfect.
(b) Unstable and melancholy.
(c) Imperfect and unhappy.
(d) Stable and happy.
3. What did Da Vinci avoid eating?
4. What does Freud call the third stage of a child's developmental process?
(a) Romance neurosis.
(b) Family neurtoics.
(c) Family romance of the neurotics.
(d) Neurosis of the family.
5. What does the son believe if he has a sister?
(a) That his dad hurt his mother to have his sister.
(b) That his sister is not really his sister.
(c) That his mother had an extramarital affair.
6. What does God mean to Freud?
(a) He does not believe in him.
(b) He calms him.
(c) He gives him peace.
(d) He is an idealized and exalted figure.
7. What body part appears repeatedly in Da Vinci's art?
8. What does Freud intend to do by looking at Da Vinci?
(a) Disecern important facts about the Reniassance.
(b) Discern important facts about human psychology.
(c) Discern important facts about Italy.
(d) Discern important facts about art.
9. What was Da Vinci's nickname that Freud agrees was an appropriate name for him?
(a) The Italian Dreamer.
(b) The Italian Stallion.
(c) The Italian-Faust.
(d) The Italian Lover.
10. What images result when a child's attempts to retain the image of his or her parents?
(a) A fantasy version of their parents takes place.
(b) A real version of their parents takes place.
(d) The image is distorted.
11. How do children tend to think of their mother, according to Freud?
(a) That she is the most beautiful and nicest.
(b) That she is the most fair.
(c) That she is the sweetest.
(d) That she is evil.
12. What was Da Vinci's first love? `
13. What does Freud discern is very unlikely Da Vinci ever did?
(a) Ate an animal.
(b) Read a book.
(c) Saw a movie.
(d) Slept with a woman.
14. Who is Mut?
(a) The American Goddess.
(b) The Italian Goddess.
(c) The Egyptian Goddess.
(d) The French Goddess.
15. What does Freud argue happens to the child in the first stage of the developmental process?
(a) The child loves everyone.
(b) The child feels that others are taking his or her parents away from them.
(c) The child begins to grow territorial.
(d) The child questions everything.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Da Vinci cool to the differences between?
2. What are men searching for when the admire women with long feet?
3. What does Freud call the process of one generation superseding another?
4. What does Freud argue the appearance of an emperor or empress means in one's dream?
5. How do children tend to think of the father, according to Freud?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)