|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What body part appears repeatedly in Da Vinci's art?
2. What did Da Vinci avoid eating?
3. What was Da Vinci cool to the differences between?
(a) Good and evil.
(b) Dark and light.
(c) Night and day.
(d) Holy and cursed.
4. What does Freud focus on in the essay "Family Romances"?
(a) The development of family.
(b) The love in family.
(c) The relationships of family.
(d) The development of basic romantic attachments.
5. What is Da Vinci's most notable piece of art?
(a) The Sisteen Chapel.
(b) The Mona Lisa.
(c) The Piazza.
(d) The David.
6. Who did Da Vinci have a strong identification with, like most homosexuals according to Freud?
(a) His best girl friend.
(b) His sister.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
7. What does a tail symbolize in many cultures, like Italian?
(a) A male's thoughts.
(b) A male's control.
(c) A male's desire.
(d) A male penis.
8. What was the time period Da Vinci lived in like, according to Freud?
9. What does the process of growth of children in the family involve, according to Freud?
(a) The desire for the child to learn.
(b) The desire for the child to supersede his or her parents.
(c) The desire for the child to imitate his or her parents.
(d) The desire for the child to give.
10. What does Freud argue the appearance of an emperor or empress means in one's dream?
(b) Their need for order and rule.
(c) A representatio of the dreamer's parents.
(d) Their desire for authority.
11. What does the son believe if he has a sister?
(a) That his dad hurt his mother to have his sister.
(b) That his sister is not really his sister.
(c) That his mother had an extramarital affair.
12. How do children tend to think of their mother, according to Freud?
(a) That she is the most fair.
(b) That she is the most beautiful and nicest.
(c) That she is the sweetest.
(d) That she is evil.
13. What stage takes on a sexual nature after the sexual differences of father and mother are recognized?
(a) The null stage.
(b) The aesxual stage.
(c) The hidden desire stage.
(d) The informative stage.
14. How does the child view his parents, according to Freud?
(a) Like God.
(b) As the worst people.
(c) As the greatest people.
15. What is a central theme in all of Freud's work?
(a) The ego and the id.
(b) Suppressed desires.
(d) The conflict and relationships of the family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freud feel Da Vinci's bizarre childhood memory really is?
2. What does Freud argue the common man may be interested in in "Leonardo da Vinci and a Memory of his Childhood"?
3. What did Da Vinci never take interest in?
4. What was Da Vinci's first love? `
5. What does Freud believe Da Vinci turned to, to better his art?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)