|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many parts is "Leonardo da Vinci and a Memory of his Childhood" divided into?
2. What stage takes on a sexual nature after the sexual differences of father and mother are recognized?
(a) The null stage.
(b) The hidden desire stage.
(c) The informative stage.
(d) The aesxual stage.
3. How does the child view his parents, according to Freud?
(b) Like God.
(c) As the greatest people.
(d) As the worst people.
4. What image does a child try to retain?
(a) The good image of his parents.
(b) The happy memories of his or her parents.
(c) The happy childhood he or she had.
(d) The bad image of his parents.
5. What does Freud focus on in the essay "Family Romances"?
(a) The relationships of family.
(b) The love in family.
(c) The development of basic romantic attachments.
(d) The development of family.
6. What was the time period Da Vinci lived in like, according to Freud?
7. What body part appears repeatedly in Da Vinci's art?
8. What images result when a child's attempts to retain the image of his or her parents?
(b) A real version of their parents takes place.
(c) A fantasy version of their parents takes place.
(d) The image is distorted.
9. What are men searching for when the admire women with long feet?
(a) The male's privates.
(b) The female privates.
(c) The female penis.
(d) The male's penis.
10. How does the son begin to see his mother after learning about his parent's sexual roles?
(c) As a goddess.
(d) As a form of Satan.
11. What is the family romance fantasy an attempt of the subconscious to reconcile with?
(a) The idolization and love of the parents that comes with the unwelcome, ugly truth.
(b) A lack of love and companionship.
(c) A missing element of one's life.
(d) A desire for parental love.
12. Who was exiled from his family as a child?
(d) Oedipus's mom.
13. What happens to a child's perception of their parents as a child grows mentally?
(b) They learn the ugly truth about their parents.
(c) They begin to detest and resent their parents.
(d) They grow appreciative.
14. What culture believes a vulture is a symbol of one's mother?
15. What is Da Vinci's most notable piece of art?
(a) The Mona Lisa.
(b) The David.
(c) The Piazza.
(d) The Sisteen Chapel.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do children tend to think of their mother, according to Freud?
2. What did ancient cultures see the male phallus as?
3. What does Freud argue happens to the child in the first stage of the developmental process?
4. What is Da Vinci's most unfinished painting titled?
5. What text of literature does Freud mention in association to female and male familial fantasies?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)