|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What images result when a child's attempts to retain the image of his or her parents?
(a) The image is distorted.
(c) A fantasy version of their parents takes place.
(d) A real version of their parents takes place.
2. Who kills his father and marries his mother?
(b) Oedipus's mom.
3. How does the child view his parents, according to Freud?
(b) Like God.
(c) As the worst people.
(d) As the greatest people.
4. What happens to a child's perception of their parents as a child grows mentally?
(a) They grow appreciative.
(b) They begin to detest and resent their parents.
(d) They learn the ugly truth about their parents.
5. What does the first part of "Leonardo da Vinci and a Memory of his Childhood" discuss?
(a) The artist's eye.
(b) Why he will analyze Da Vinci.
(c) Why psychoanalysts should be interested in great thinkers like Da Vinci.
(d) What the artist can do for the public.
6. What is the family romance fantasy an attempt of the subconscious to reconcile with?
(a) A lack of love and companionship.
(b) The idolization and love of the parents that comes with the unwelcome, ugly truth.
(c) A missing element of one's life.
(d) A desire for parental love.
7. Who is Mut?
(a) The American Goddess.
(b) The French Goddess.
(c) The Italian Goddess.
(d) The Egyptian Goddess.
8. What does Freud discern is very unlikely Da Vinci ever did?
(a) Slept with a woman.
(b) Ate an animal.
(c) Saw a movie.
(d) Read a book.
9. What does Freud call the process of one generation superseding another?
(a) Desire to be better.
(c) Desire to overdo.
(d) The growth of civilization.
10. How does the son begin to see his mother after learning about his parent's sexual roles?
(c) As a goddess.
(d) As a form of Satan.
11. What does God mean to Freud?
(a) He does not believe in him.
(b) He is an idealized and exalted figure.
(c) He calms him.
(d) He gives him peace.
12. What stage takes on a sexual nature after the sexual differences of father and mother are recognized?
(a) The informative stage.
(b) The hidden desire stage.
(c) The aesxual stage.
(d) The null stage.
13. What does a tail symbolize in many cultures, like Italian?
(a) A male penis.
(b) A male's thoughts.
(c) A male's desire.
(d) A male's control.
14. How do children tend to think of the father, according to Freud?
(a) That he is the strongest of men.
(b) That he is a liar.
(c) That he is a warrior.
(d) That he is handsome.
15. What is a child's perception of his or her parent's sexual role?
(a) They are informed, but still do not understand.
(b) They understand.
(c) They do not understand.
(d) They are ignorant to it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is sexual sublimation?
2. What does Freud argue happens to the child in the first stage of the developmental process?
3. What happens to prevent the reconciliation of the subconscious?
4. How was Da Vinci described?
5. What does Freud associate Da Vinci's view of his father to?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)