|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Da Vinci's most notable piece of art?
(a) The David.
(b) The Piazza.
(c) The Mona Lisa.
(d) The Sisteen Chapel.
2. Who is Mut?
(a) The French Goddess.
(b) The American Goddess.
(c) The Egyptian Goddess.
(d) The Italian Goddess.
3. How does the son perceive his father after learning about his parent's sexual roles?
(b) He raises his mother to a higher level.
(c) He lowers his mother to a lower level.
(d) He raises his father to a higher level.
4. Who was exiled from his family as a child?
(d) Oedipus's mom.
5. How did Da Vinci differ from other artist's?
(a) He was better than they were.
(b) He seemed uninterested in promoting his work.
(c) He was never inspired.
(d) He made his work look genuine.
6. What was Da Vinci's first love? `
7. What is the word fly related to in many languages?
(a) The female sexual organ.
(b) The male sexual organ.
8. Who kills his father and marries his mother?
(c) Oedipus's mom.
9. What is sexual sublimation?
(a) Hidden sexual desires.
(b) Desires seen in random and odd objects.
(c) Channeling strong sexual energy into the artistic output.
(d) Repressed sexual desires.
10. What is a child's perception of his or her parent's sexual role?
(a) They are informed, but still do not understand.
(b) They are ignorant to it.
(c) They understand.
(d) They do not understand.
11. What does Freud argue the common man may be interested in in "Leonardo da Vinci and a Memory of his Childhood"?
(a) The psychology of great persons.
(b) The desires of great persons.
(c) The motivation of great persons.
(d) That Da Vinci is the greatest.
12. What was Da Vinci's nickname that Freud agrees was an appropriate name for him?
(a) The Italian-Faust.
(b) The Italian Lover.
(c) The Italian Dreamer.
(d) The Italian Stallion.
13. What does Freud argue happens to the child in the first stage of the developmental process?
(a) The child begins to grow territorial.
(b) The child questions everything.
(c) The child feels that others are taking his or her parents away from them.
(d) The child loves everyone.
14. What stage takes on a sexual nature after the sexual differences of father and mother are recognized?
(a) The informative stage.
(b) The null stage.
(c) The hidden desire stage.
(d) The aesxual stage.
15. What does Freud feel Da Vinci's bizarre childhood memory really is?
(a) A hidden desire.
(b) A projection.
(c) A screen memory.
(d) An uncanny.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does God mean to Freud?
2. What did Da Vinci never take interest in?
3. What happens in the second stage of a child's developmental process, according to Freud?
4. What does Freud associate Da Vinci's view of his father to?
5. How does the child view his parents, according to Freud?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)