|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freud call the third stage of a child's developmental process?
(a) Family romance of the neurotics.
(b) Neurosis of the family.
(c) Romance neurosis.
(d) Family neurtoics.
2. Who was Da Vinci only halfheartedly accepted by?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His best friend.
(d) His wife.
3. What do children ultimately desire when they desire to become adults?
(a) Full adult sexuality.
(b) Full control.
(d) Complete understanding.
4. What does Freud argue the common man may be interested in in "Leonardo da Vinci and a Memory of his Childhood"?
(a) The motivation of great persons.
(b) That Da Vinci is the greatest.
(c) The desires of great persons.
(d) The psychology of great persons.
5. What does God mean to Freud?
(a) He gives him peace.
(b) He calms him.
(c) He does not believe in him.
(d) He is an idealized and exalted figure.
6. Who is Mut?
(a) The Egyptian Goddess.
(b) The American Goddess.
(c) The Italian Goddess.
(d) The French Goddess.
7. What happens to a child's perception of their parents as a child grows mentally?
(a) They grow appreciative.
(b) They learn the ugly truth about their parents.
(c) They begin to detest and resent their parents.
8. What animal opens up Da Vinci's mouth in his memory from when he was a baby?
(a) A crane.
(b) A rooster.
(c) A vulture.
(d) A pelican.
9. How many parts is "Leonardo da Vinci and a Memory of his Childhood" divided into?
10. What is Da Vinci's most notable piece of art?
(a) The Sisteen Chapel.
(b) The Mona Lisa.
(c) The Piazza.
(d) The David.
11. What does a tail symbolize in many cultures, like Italian?
(a) A male's thoughts.
(b) A male's desire.
(c) A male's control.
(d) A male penis.
12. Which family relationship does Freud focus on in "Family Romances"?
(b) Children and cousins.
(c) Children and parents.
(d) Siblings and their parents.
13. What did ancient cultures see the male phallus as?
(c) The fount of all life.
14. What did Da Vinci desire that was a common desire in many dreamers?
(a) To die.
(b) To live forever.
(c) To swim.
(d) To fly.
15. What does Freud focus on in the essay "Family Romances"?
(a) The love in family.
(b) The development of basic romantic attachments.
(c) The relationships of family.
(d) The development of family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the word fly related to in many languages?
2. What does Freud feel Da Vinci's bizarre childhood memory really is?
3. What image does a child try to retain?
4. What was Da Vinci's nickname that Freud agrees was an appropriate name for him?
5. What does Freud suggest the psychoanalyst typically does to the person he or she is analyzing?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)