|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What images result when a child's attempts to retain the image of his or her parents?
(a) A fantasy version of their parents takes place.
(b) A real version of their parents takes place.
(c) The image is distorted.
2. What does Freud suggest the psychoanalyst typically does to the person he or she is analyzing?
(a) Critique them.
(b) Ignore their accomplishments.
(c) Bring the great person down to their level.
(d) Praise them.
3. What do children ultimately desire when they desire to become adults?
(a) Full control.
(c) Complete understanding.
(d) Full adult sexuality.
4. What happens in the second stage of a child's developmental process, according to Freud?
(a) The child may begin to hate his or her parents.
(b) The child begins to question his or her parents.
(c) The child may fantasize that he or she was adopted.
(d) The child loves no one.
5. What did Da Vinci never take interest in?
6. What does Freud believe Da Vinci turned to, to better his art?
7. What does Freud intend to do by looking at Da Vinci?
(a) Discern important facts about art.
(b) Discern important facts about Italy.
(c) Disecern important facts about the Reniassance.
(d) Discern important facts about human psychology.
8. What did ancient cultures see the male phallus as?
(b) The fount of all life.
9. What does the first part of "Leonardo da Vinci and a Memory of his Childhood" discuss?
(a) What the artist can do for the public.
(b) Why psychoanalysts should be interested in great thinkers like Da Vinci.
(c) The artist's eye.
(d) Why he will analyze Da Vinci.
10. Who was Da Vinci only halfheartedly accepted by?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) His wife.
(d) His best friend.
11. What did Da Vinci avoid eating?
12. Who did Da Vinci have a strong identification with, like most homosexuals according to Freud?
(a) His father.
(b) His best girl friend.
(c) His sister.
(d) His mother.
13. What image does a child try to retain?
(a) The good image of his parents.
(b) The happy memories of his or her parents.
(c) The happy childhood he or she had.
(d) The bad image of his parents.
14. How do children tend to think of their mother, according to Freud?
(a) That she is the most beautiful and nicest.
(b) That she is the most fair.
(c) That she is the sweetest.
(d) That she is evil.
15. What was the time period Da Vinci lived in like, according to Freud?
Short Answer Questions
1. What stage takes on a sexual nature after the sexual differences of father and mother are recognized?
2. What leads to psychological disorders if not accomplished properly, according to Freud?
3. What are men searching for when the admire women with long feet?
4. How was Da Vinci described?
5. What does Freud call the third stage of a child's developmental process?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)