|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was exiled from his family as a child?
(a) Oedipus's mom.
2. What is a central theme in all of Freud's work?
(a) Suppressed desires.
(c) The ego and the id.
(d) The conflict and relationships of the family.
3. What does Freud believe Da Vinci turned to, to better his art?
4. What culture believes a vulture is a symbol of one's mother?
5. What does Freud reason is really Da Vinci's memory?
(a) A fantasy of being loved.
(b) A fantasy of being fed.
(c) A fantasy of being hurt.
(d) A fantasy of sucking on his mother's nippples.
6. What is the family romance fantasy an attempt of the subconscious to reconcile with?
(a) The idolization and love of the parents that comes with the unwelcome, ugly truth.
(b) A lack of love and companionship.
(c) A desire for parental love.
(d) A missing element of one's life.
7. Which family relationship does Freud focus on in "Family Romances"?
(a) Siblings and their parents.
(c) Children and parents.
(d) Children and cousins.
8. How was Da Vinci described?
(a) Stable and happy.
(b) Happy and imperfect.
(c) Imperfect and unhappy.
(d) Unstable and melancholy.
9. What does the image a child had of his or her parents turn into during his or her adult life?
(a) The basis of their nightmares.
(b) The basis of their desires.
(c) The basis of their dreams.
(d) The basis of their unhappiness.
10. What was Da Vinci cool to the differences between?
(a) Good and evil.
(b) Dark and light.
(c) Holy and cursed.
(d) Night and day.
11. What does the first part of "Leonardo da Vinci and a Memory of his Childhood" discuss?
(a) Why psychoanalysts should be interested in great thinkers like Da Vinci.
(b) The artist's eye.
(c) What the artist can do for the public.
(d) Why he will analyze Da Vinci.
12. What does Freud argue happens to the child in the first stage of the developmental process?
(a) The child questions everything.
(b) The child feels that others are taking his or her parents away from them.
(c) The child loves everyone.
(d) The child begins to grow territorial.
13. What smacks baby Da Vinci on the lips in his childhood memory?
(a) The vulture's tail.
(b) The rooster's tail.
(c) The crane's tail.
(d) The vulture's hand.
14. What is a child's perception of his or her parent's sexual role?
(a) They are ignorant to it.
(b) They understand.
(c) They are informed, but still do not understand.
(d) They do not understand.
15. What leads to psychological disorders if not accomplished properly, according to Freud?
(a) The lack of reconcilation.
(b) The lack of love.
(c) The lack of motivation.
(d) The lack of connection to the conscious and unconscious.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the child view his parents, according to Freud?
2. What did ancient cultures see the male phallus as?
3. How did Da Vinci differ from other artist's?
4. What did Da Vinci avoid eating?
5. What images result when a child's attempts to retain the image of his or her parents?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)