|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freud reason is really Da Vinci's memory?
(a) A fantasy of sucking on his mother's nippples.
(b) A fantasy of being fed.
(c) A fantasy of being loved.
(d) A fantasy of being hurt.
2. What leads to psychological disorders if not accomplished properly, according to Freud?
(a) The lack of connection to the conscious and unconscious.
(b) The lack of reconcilation.
(c) The lack of motivation.
(d) The lack of love.
3. What does Freud intend to do by looking at Da Vinci?
(a) Disecern important facts about the Reniassance.
(b) Discern important facts about Italy.
(c) Discern important facts about art.
(d) Discern important facts about human psychology.
4. What does Freud argue the common man may be interested in in "Leonardo da Vinci and a Memory of his Childhood"?
(a) That Da Vinci is the greatest.
(b) The psychology of great persons.
(c) The desires of great persons.
(d) The motivation of great persons.
5. What are men searching for when the admire women with long feet?
(a) The female privates.
(b) The male's penis.
(c) The female penis.
(d) The male's privates.
6. What is the family romance fantasy an attempt of the subconscious to reconcile with?
(a) The idolization and love of the parents that comes with the unwelcome, ugly truth.
(b) A missing element of one's life.
(c) A lack of love and companionship.
(d) A desire for parental love.
7. What did Da Vinci avoid eating?
8. What does a tail symbolize in many cultures, like Italian?
(a) A male's desire.
(b) A male's control.
(c) A male penis.
(d) A male's thoughts.
9. What does God mean to Freud?
(a) He does not believe in him.
(b) He is an idealized and exalted figure.
(c) He calms him.
(d) He gives him peace.
10. What was Da Vinci's nickname that Freud agrees was an appropriate name for him?
(a) The Italian Lover.
(b) The Italian Dreamer.
(c) The Italian-Faust.
(d) The Italian Stallion.
11. What does Freud believe Da Vinci turned to, to better his art?
12. What culture believes a vulture is a symbol of one's mother?
13. Who did Da Vinci have a strong identification with, like most homosexuals according to Freud?
(a) His mother.
(b) His sister.
(c) His father.
(d) His best girl friend.
14. What text of literature does Freud mention in association to female and male familial fantasies?
(a) "Romeo and Juliet."
(b) "The Bible."
(c) "Moby Dick."
(d) "Oedipus Rex."
15. What does the first part of "Leonardo da Vinci and a Memory of his Childhood" discuss?
(a) What the artist can do for the public.
(b) The artist's eye.
(c) Why psychoanalysts should be interested in great thinkers like Da Vinci.
(d) Why he will analyze Da Vinci.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Da Vinci's most unfinished painting titled?
2. How did Da Vinci differ from other artist's?
3. How does the child view his parents, according to Freud?
4. What is Da Vinci's most notable piece of art?
5. What animal opens up Da Vinci's mouth in his memory from when he was a baby?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)