|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to a child's perception of their parents as a child grows mentally?
(a) They grow appreciative.
(b) They learn the ugly truth about their parents.
(d) They begin to detest and resent their parents.
2. How does the son perceive his father after learning about his parent's sexual roles?
(a) He raises his mother to a higher level.
(c) He lowers his mother to a lower level.
(d) He raises his father to a higher level.
3. What does Freud feel Da Vinci's bizarre childhood memory really is?
(a) A hidden desire.
(b) A screen memory.
(c) A projection.
(d) An uncanny.
4. What is a child's perception of his or her parent's sexual role?
(a) They are ignorant to it.
(b) They understand.
(c) They do not understand.
(d) They are informed, but still do not understand.
5. What does Freud believe Da Vinci turned to, to better his art?
6. What did Da Vinci never take interest in?
7. What are men searching for when the admire women with long feet?
(a) The female privates.
(b) The male's privates.
(c) The female penis.
(d) The male's penis.
8. What does Freud argue the common man may be interested in in "Leonardo da Vinci and a Memory of his Childhood"?
(a) That Da Vinci is the greatest.
(b) The motivation of great persons.
(c) The desires of great persons.
(d) The psychology of great persons.
9. What culture believes a vulture is a symbol of one's mother?
10. How did Da Vinci differ from other artist's?
(a) He seemed uninterested in promoting his work.
(b) He made his work look genuine.
(c) He was better than they were.
(d) He was never inspired.
11. What is Da Vinci's most unfinished painting titled?
(a) The Mona Lisa.
(b) The Mother Lisa.
(c) The Missing Lisa.
(d) The Moaning Lisa.
12. How does the child view his parents, according to Freud?
(b) Like God.
(c) As the greatest people.
(d) As the worst people.
13. What does Freud intend to do by looking at Da Vinci?
(a) Discern important facts about Italy.
(b) Discern important facts about human psychology.
(c) Disecern important facts about the Reniassance.
(d) Discern important facts about art.
14. What leads to psychological disorders if not accomplished properly, according to Freud?
(a) The lack of reconcilation.
(b) The lack of connection to the conscious and unconscious.
(c) The lack of motivation.
(d) The lack of love.
15. What happens in the second stage of a child's developmental process, according to Freud?
(a) The child may fantasize that he or she was adopted.
(b) The child loves no one.
(c) The child may begin to hate his or her parents.
(d) The child begins to question his or her parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the first part of "Leonardo da Vinci and a Memory of his Childhood" discuss?
2. What is a central theme in all of Freud's work?
3. What image does a child try to retain?
4. How do children tend to think of the father, according to Freud?
5. What is sexual sublimation?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)