|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the family romance fantasy an attempt of the subconscious to reconcile with?
(a) A desire for parental love.
(b) The idolization and love of the parents that comes with the unwelcome, ugly truth.
(c) A lack of love and companionship.
(d) A missing element of one's life.
2. What happens to prevent the reconciliation of the subconscious?
(a) A mark of a neurotic.
(b) A mark of disdain.
(c) A mark of disbelief.
(d) A mark of resentment.
3. What does the process of growth of children in the family involve, according to Freud?
(a) The desire for the child to imitate his or her parents.
(b) The desire for the child to learn.
(c) The desire for the child to give.
(d) The desire for the child to supersede his or her parents.
4. Who was exiled from his family as a child?
(d) Oedipus's mom.
5. How did Da Vinci differ from other artist's?
(a) He seemed uninterested in promoting his work.
(b) He was better than they were.
(c) He made his work look genuine.
(d) He was never inspired.
6. What was the time period Da Vinci lived in like, according to Freud?
7. What does a tail symbolize in many cultures, like Italian?
(a) A male penis.
(b) A male's thoughts.
(c) A male's control.
(d) A male's desire.
8. Who is Mut?
(a) The French Goddess.
(b) The Italian Goddess.
(c) The American Goddess.
(d) The Egyptian Goddess.
9. What did Da Vinci never take interest in?
10. What does Freud discern is very unlikely Da Vinci ever did?
(a) Slept with a woman.
(b) Saw a movie.
(c) Ate an animal.
(d) Read a book.
11. Who was Da Vinci only halfheartedly accepted by?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His wife.
(d) His best friend.
12. What happens to a child's perception of their parents as a child grows mentally?
(a) They grow appreciative.
(b) They learn the ugly truth about their parents.
(d) They begin to detest and resent their parents.
13. What is Da Vinci's most unfinished painting titled?
(a) The Missing Lisa.
(b) The Mother Lisa.
(c) The Mona Lisa.
(d) The Moaning Lisa.
14. What are men searching for when the admire women with long feet?
(a) The male's penis.
(b) The male's privates.
(c) The female penis.
(d) The female privates.
15. What images result when a child's attempts to retain the image of his or her parents?
(a) A fantasy version of their parents takes place.
(b) The image is distorted.
(d) A real version of their parents takes place.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the son perceive his father after learning about his parent's sexual roles?
2. What animal opens up Da Vinci's mouth in his memory from when he was a baby?
3. What does Freud call the process of one generation superseding another?
4. What image does a child try to retain?
5. What does the image a child had of his or her parents turn into during his or her adult life?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)