|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do children tend to think of the father, according to Freud?
(a) That he is a warrior.
(b) That he is handsome.
(c) That he is the strongest of men.
(d) That he is a liar.
2. What does Freud intend to do by looking at Da Vinci?
(a) Disecern important facts about the Reniassance.
(b) Discern important facts about art.
(c) Discern important facts about human psychology.
(d) Discern important facts about Italy.
3. What does Freud call the process of one generation superseding another?
(a) The growth of civilization.
(b) Desire to be better.
(c) Desire to overdo.
4. What smacks baby Da Vinci on the lips in his childhood memory?
(a) The crane's tail.
(b) The vulture's tail.
(c) The rooster's tail.
(d) The vulture's hand.
5. How was Da Vinci described?
(a) Unstable and melancholy.
(b) Imperfect and unhappy.
(c) Happy and imperfect.
(d) Stable and happy.
6. How did Da Vinci perceive romantic love?
(a) With regret.
(b) With hope.
(c) Too idealized.
(d) With disgust.
7. What does the image a child had of his or her parents turn into during his or her adult life?
(a) The basis of their dreams.
(b) The basis of their desires.
(c) The basis of their nightmares.
(d) The basis of their unhappiness.
8. What did Da Vinci avoid eating?
9. What is Da Vinci's most unfinished painting titled?
(a) The Missing Lisa.
(b) The Mother Lisa.
(c) The Moaning Lisa.
(d) The Mona Lisa.
10. What is the word fly related to in many languages?
(c) The female sexual organ.
(d) The male sexual organ.
11. Who kills his father and marries his mother?
(a) Oedipus's mom.
12. What happens to prevent the reconciliation of the subconscious?
(a) A mark of disdain.
(b) A mark of a neurotic.
(c) A mark of resentment.
(d) A mark of disbelief.
13. What happens to a child's perception of their parents as a child grows mentally?
(a) They learn the ugly truth about their parents.
(b) They grow appreciative.
(d) They begin to detest and resent their parents.
14. What did Da Vinci desire that was a common desire in many dreamers?
(a) To fly.
(b) To die.
(c) To live forever.
(d) To swim.
15. What happens in the second stage of a child's developmental process, according to Freud?
(a) The child loves no one.
(b) The child may fantasize that he or she was adopted.
(c) The child begins to question his or her parents.
(d) The child may begin to hate his or her parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freud argue the appearance of an emperor or empress means in one's dream?
2. What are men searching for when the admire women with long feet?
3. What text of literature does Freud mention in association to female and male familial fantasies?
4. What is the family romance fantasy an attempt of the subconscious to reconcile with?
5. How do children tend to think of their mother, according to Freud?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)