|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the time period Da Vinci lived in like, according to Freud?
2. What does Freud call the process of one generation superseding another?
(a) Desire to overdo.
(b) Desire to be better.
(c) The growth of civilization.
3. What did Da Vinci desire that was a common desire in many dreamers?
(a) To die.
(b) To fly.
(c) To swim.
(d) To live forever.
4. What did Da Vinci avoid eating?
5. What does Freud suggest the psychoanalyst typically does to the person he or she is analyzing?
(a) Praise them.
(b) Ignore their accomplishments.
(c) Bring the great person down to their level.
(d) Critique them.
6. Who did Da Vinci have a strong identification with, like most homosexuals according to Freud?
(a) His sister.
(b) His best girl friend.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
7. What is Da Vinci's most notable piece of art?
(a) The David.
(b) The Sisteen Chapel.
(c) The Mona Lisa.
(d) The Piazza.
8. What does Freud associate Da Vinci's view of his father to?
(a) His view of God.
(b) His view of love.
(c) His view of life.
(d) His view of religion.
9. Who is Mut?
(a) The Egyptian Goddess.
(b) The American Goddess.
(c) The Italian Goddess.
(d) The French Goddess.
10. What was Da Vinci's first love? `
11. What does Freud intend to do by looking at Da Vinci?
(a) Disecern important facts about the Reniassance.
(b) Discern important facts about art.
(c) Discern important facts about human psychology.
(d) Discern important facts about Italy.
12. What smacks baby Da Vinci on the lips in his childhood memory?
(a) The crane's tail.
(b) The vulture's tail.
(c) The vulture's hand.
(d) The rooster's tail.
13. How do children tend to think of their mother, according to Freud?
(a) That she is the sweetest.
(b) That she is the most beautiful and nicest.
(c) That she is the most fair.
(d) That she is evil.
14. Who was exiled from his family as a child?
(b) Oedipus's mom.
15. What are men searching for when the admire women with long feet?
(a) The male's privates.
(b) The female privates.
(c) The female penis.
(d) The male's penis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Da Vinci's nickname that Freud agrees was an appropriate name for him?
2. What do children ultimately desire when they desire to become adults?
3. What did ancient cultures see the male phallus as?
4. What happens to a child's perception of their parents as a child grows mentally?
5. What does the first part of "Leonardo da Vinci and a Memory of his Childhood" discuss?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)