|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does conflict arise between the two forces in the case of childhood memories?
(a) After an emotionally happy situation.
(b) After a birth.
(c) After an emotioanlly traumatic situation.
(d) After a death.
2. What is the title of the first essay of "The Uncanny"?
(a) "Creative Thinkers."
(b) "Screen Memories."
(c) "Childhood Influences."
(d) "Creative Writing and Daydreaming."
3. What does Freud find most heroes in fiction really are?
(a) Ego projections.
(b) Fantastical people.
4. What can fantasies do to the unhealthy dreamer?
(a) Make them angry.
(b) It can prevent cognitive thought.
(c) Make them depressed.
(d) Make them obsessed or neurotic.
5. How old was Henri in the other memory he recalls to Freud?
(a) 20 years old.
(b) 17 years old.
(c) 19 years old.
(d) 18 years old.
6. What does the subconscious desire allow to manifest in the conscious mind of a dreamer, according to Freud?
(a) A repressed desire.
(b) A hidden desire.
(c) A suppressed desire.
(d) A driving desire.
7. What do most adult memories have, according to Freud?
(a) A detrimental emotional power.
(b) A subtle emotional power.
(c) A driving emotional power.
(d) A strong emotional power.
8. What does our unconscious mind operate on, according to Freud?
(a) Many different associatons and analogies.
(b) Associations to images.
(c) Many images.
(d) Different connections.
9. What are Henri and the person in his dream given?
10. What did Henri do with his companions to the person in his early childhood dream?
(a) Pulled the girl's hair.
(b) Threw dirt at the young girl.
(c) Yelled at the girl.
(d) Stole the girl's flowers.
11. What happens when the forces coexist in the case of a childhood memory?
(a) The memory is shattered.
(b) The memory is preserved.
(c) The memory is void.
(d) The memory is erased.
12. Who does the person in Henri's dream run to?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) No one.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
13. What is the basis of Freud's essay, "Creative Writing and Daydreaming"?
(a) To daydream.
(b) To understand how writing and dreaming manifested.
(c) To better understand the genesis of the creative process.
(d) To have the opportunity to write creatively.
14. What does a daydream attempt to do for the dreamer?
(a) Avoid real life.
(b) Alleviate pressure of real life.
(c) Escape real life.
(d) Live out hidden desires.
15. At what age are most early memories formed?
(a) Between the ages of 3 and5.
(b) Between the ages of 2 and 3.
(c) Between the ages of 2 and 4.
(d) Between the ages of 1 and 3.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does play turn into for a person?
2. What can fantasies do for a healthy dreamer?
3. What does Henri remember about what he was given in his early childhood dream?
4. Who did Henri stay at the countryside with?
5. What does the first essay of "The Uncanny" discuss?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)