|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Henri do with his companions to the person in his early childhood dream?
(a) Yelled at the girl.
(b) Threw dirt at the young girl.
(c) Pulled the girl's hair.
(d) Stole the girl's flowers.
2. What does Freud find most heroes in fiction really are?
(c) Ego projections.
(d) Fantastical people.
3. Where does the artist sublimate the actual pleasure of one's dreams into?
(a) His or her art.
(b) The channel of artistic input.
(c) The channel of artistic output.
(d) The canvas.
4. What is banal content and emotional resonance essential to?
(a) Screen memories.
(b) Screen images.
(c) Movie images.
(d) Movie memories.
5. At what age are most early memories formed?
(a) Between the ages of 2 and 4.
(b) Between the ages of 2 and 3.
(c) Between the ages of 1 and 3.
(d) Between the ages of 3 and5.
6. What does the ego have during day and night dreams?
(a) Conscious insight.
(b) Subconscious insight.
(c) Total control.
(d) Free reign.
7. What happens when the forces coexist in the case of a childhood memory?
(a) The memory is void.
(b) The memory is shattered.
(c) The memory is preserved.
(d) The memory is erased.
8. What does stealing the flowers represent in Henri's adolescent memory?
(a) His desire to deflower or seduce his cousin.
(b) That he is incestual.
(c) His desire for freedom.
(d) His sexual excitement.
9. What are Henri and the person in his dream given?
10. What age does the creative process especially begin to unfold in a person, according to Freud?
(a) As an adult.
(b) As a child.
(c) At birth.
(d) As a teenager.
11. What does the subconscious desire allow to manifest in the conscious mind of a dreamer, according to Freud?
(a) A repressed desire.
(b) A suppressed desire.
(c) A driving desire.
(d) A hidden desire.
12. What is the first force Freud mentions is at play in childhood memories?
(a) The motive to suppress the event.
(b) The motive to remember the event.
(c) The force to retell the event.
(d) The force the event has on our adult life.
13. What does Freud suggest memory like episodes should be called?
(a) Movie images.
(b) Screen images.
(c) Movie memories.
(d) Screen memories.
14. How does Freud end "Creative Writing and Daydreaming"?
15. How old was Henri in the other memory he recalls to Freud?
(a) 20 years old.
(b) 19 years old.
(c) 17 years old.
(d) 18 years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the first essay of "The Uncanny"?
2. What does Henri remember about what he was given in his early childhood dream?
3. When does conflict arise between the two forces in the case of childhood memories?
4. Why might a random scene appear to be important to an individual?
5. How does Freud see a person's dreams at night?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)