|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Freud argue the creative process begins for a person?
(a) In play.
(b) At birth.
(c) In the womb.
(d) When they are three years old.
2. What does Henri remember about what he was given in his early childhood dream?
(a) The honey was sweet.
(b) The milk was smoothe.
(c) The bread was delicious.
(d) The water was cold.
3. What is the first force Freud mentions is at play in childhood memories?
(a) The motive to remember the event.
(b) The force to retell the event.
(c) The motive to suppress the event.
(d) The force the event has on our adult life.
4. What does play turn into for a person?
(c) Unfulfilled desires.
5. When does conflict arise between the two forces in the case of childhood memories?
(a) After a death.
(b) After an emotionally happy situation.
(c) After a birth.
(d) After an emotioanlly traumatic situation.
6. What are Henri and the person in his dream given?
7. What does the mind begin to creatively build as a person grows older?
(a) Castles in the sand.
(c) Castles in their mind.
8. Where does the artist sublimate the actual pleasure of one's dreams into?
(a) His or her art.
(b) The canvas.
(c) The channel of artistic input.
(d) The channel of artistic output.
9. What does Freud suggest about the memories we recall as adults about our childhood really are?
(a) They are distortions.
(b) They are projections.
(c) They are not memories at all.
(d) They are substitutions.
10. At what age are most early memories formed?
(a) Between the ages of 2 and 4.
(b) Between the ages of 2 and 3.
(c) Between the ages of 3 and5.
(d) Between the ages of 1 and 3.
11. Who did Henri fall in love with in his adolescent memory?
(a) His sister.
(b) No one.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His best friend.
12. How does Freud end "Creative Writing and Daydreaming"?
13. What does the little girl represent in Henri's adolescent memory?
(a) His incest.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His desire.
(d) His love.
14. According to Freud, what is the childhood psyche substantially different from?
(b) Real life.
(c) The adult psyche.
(d) The adolescent pysche.
15. What does Freud suggest memory like episodes should be called?
(a) Movie images.
(b) Movie memories.
(c) Screen memories.
(d) Screen images.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is banal content and emotional resonance essential to?
2. Who did Henri stay at the countryside with?
3. What does the subconscious desire allow to manifest in the conscious mind of a dreamer, according to Freud?
4. What does Freud find most heroes in fiction really are?
5. Who are V. and C. Henri?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)