|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are V. and C. Henri?
(a) An example of healthy daydreaming.
(b) An example of childhood memory distortion.
(c) An example of dependency.
(d) An example of neurosis.
2. What does Freud find most heroes in fiction really are?
(a) Fantastical people.
(b) Ego projections.
3. What does the bread in Henri's childhood memory represent?
(b) That he needs nourishment.
(c) The daily routine.
(d) The daily living.
4. What age does the creative process especially begin to unfold in a person, according to Freud?
(a) As a teenager.
(b) As an adult.
(c) At birth.
(d) As a child.
5. Who is the main person in Henri's early childhood memory?
(a) A bird.
(b) A young boy.
(c) A young girl.
(d) A turtle.
6. What does the ego have during day and night dreams?
(a) Conscious insight.
(b) Subconscious insight.
(c) Total control.
(d) Free reign.
7. Who did Henri stay at the countryside with?
(a) His sister.
(b) His grandparents.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His uncle.
8. What happens when the forces coexist in the case of a childhood memory?
(a) The memory is preserved.
(b) The memory is erased.
(c) The memory is void.
(d) The memory is shattered.
9. How old was Henri in the other memory he recalls to Freud?
(a) 19 years old.
(b) 18 years old.
(c) 20 years old.
(d) 17 years old.
10. What does stealing the flowers represent in Henri's adolescent memory?
(a) His sexual excitement.
(b) His desire to deflower or seduce his cousin.
(c) His desire for freedom.
(d) That he is incestual.
11. Where can the ego put the dreamer?
(a) In a coma state.
(b) In a happy place.
(c) In a foreign place.
(d) In many different situations.
12. What does the first essay of "The Uncanny" discuss?
(a) Childhood memories.
(b) Childhood behaviors.
(c) Childhood disorders.
(d) Childhood illnesses.
13. What must be disguised symbolically in the form of a dream?
(a) The conscious mind.
(b) The unconscious mind.
(c) The ego's desires.
(d) The subconscious mind.
14. What can fantasies do to the unhealthy dreamer?
(a) Make them angry.
(b) Make them obsessed or neurotic.
(c) Make them depressed.
(d) It can prevent cognitive thought.
15. What is the title of the first essay of "The Uncanny"?
(a) "Creative Writing and Daydreaming."
(b) "Creative Thinkers."
(c) "Screen Memories."
(d) "Childhood Influences."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second force Freud mentions is at play in childhood memories?
2. At what age are most early memories formed?
3. Why might a random scene appear to be important to an individual?
4. What is the suppression in a dreamer usually a result of, according to Freud?
5. According to Freud, what do childhood memories appear to be?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)