|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Leonardo da Vinci and a Memory of his Childhood.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the son believe if he has a sister?
(a) That his dad hurt his mother to have his sister.
(b) That his mother had an extramarital affair.
(d) That his sister is not really his sister.
2. What happens in the second stage of a child's developmental process, according to Freud?
(a) The child begins to question his or her parents.
(b) The child may begin to hate his or her parents.
(c) The child may fantasize that he or she was adopted.
(d) The child loves no one.
3. What does the bread in Henri's childhood memory represent?
(a) The daily living.
(b) The daily routine.
(d) That he needs nourishment.
4. What can fantasies do to the unhealthy dreamer?
(a) Make them obsessed or neurotic.
(b) It can prevent cognitive thought.
(c) Make them depressed.
(d) Make them angry.
5. What do most adult memories have, according to Freud?
(a) A driving emotional power.
(b) A strong emotional power.
(c) A subtle emotional power.
(d) A detrimental emotional power.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age are most early memories formed?
2. How old was Henri in the other memory he recalls to Freud?
3. According to Freud, what is the childhood psyche substantially different from?
4. What does the process of growth of children in the family involve, according to Freud?
5. What is the second force Freud mentions is at play in childhood memories?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)