|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Writing and Daydreaming.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freud find most heroes in fiction really are?
(a) Ego projections.
(b) Fantastical people.
2. What does the ego have during day and night dreams?
(a) Conscious insight.
(b) Free reign.
(c) Total control.
(d) Subconscious insight.
3. What does stealing the flowers represent in Henri's adolescent memory?
(a) That he is incestual.
(b) His desire to deflower or seduce his cousin.
(c) His sexual excitement.
(d) His desire for freedom.
4. What do most adult memories have, according to Freud?
(a) A detrimental emotional power.
(b) A driving emotional power.
(c) A subtle emotional power.
(d) A strong emotional power.
5. What is the difference between night and day dreams, according to Freud?
(a) Daydreams are irrelevant.
(b) Night dreams are more acceptable than day dreams.
(c) Night dreams are supreme to daydreams.
(d) Daydreams are more acceptable than night dreams.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the first essay of "The Uncanny"?
2. Where does the artist sublimate the actual pleasure of one's dreams into?
3. According to Freud, what do childhood memories appear to be?
4. How does Freud end "Creative Writing and Daydreaming"?
5. Who are V. and C. Henri?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)