|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Uncanny.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must be disguised symbolically in the form of a dream?
(a) The conscious mind.
(b) The ego's desires.
(c) The subconscious mind.
(d) The unconscious mind.
2. What does the ego have during day and night dreams?
(a) Subconscious insight.
(b) Conscious insight.
(c) Total control.
(d) Free reign.
3. What can fantasies do for a healthy dreamer?
(a) Think through the possibilities of the future.
(b) Dream big.
(c) Stay grounded.
(d) Reach one's dreams.
4. Who did Henri stay at the countryside with?
(a) His sister.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His grandparents.
(d) His cousin.
5. Who is Mut?
(a) The French Goddess.
(b) The American Goddess.
(c) The Egyptian Goddess.
(d) The Italian Goddess.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens as a result from the daydream in the daydreamer's real life?
2. What form does an uncanny generally take, according to Freud?
3. What is the basis of Freud's essay, "Creative Writing and Daydreaming"?
4. What culture believes a vulture is a symbol of one's mother?
5. What is the person wearing in Henri's early childhood memory?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)