|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jevy have to rock the boat?
2. For what does Josh develop a strategy?
3. Where does Nate think Rachel is?
4. Why are they having trouble navigating the river?
5. Who does Nate hire?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Troy divide his money with his last holographic will?
2. What is Nate's life in rehab and how does he feel about it?
3. What did Nate and Jevy do to start the second half of their journey?
4. How did all the family lawyers feel about the will?
5. How did the Phelan heirs feel about Troy's will?
6. Why is Josh Stafford meeting with Troy?
7. What happened to Nate and his guides on the river while exploring Pantanal?
8. Why was the reading of Troy Phelan's will considered to be of interest?
9. What kind of shape was Troy Junior, Ramble, Geena and Rex in following his death?
10. What did Hark Getty see as a benefit to being Rex's lawyer? Why did he have a strong motivation to do his best?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Once in South America Nate continued to feel lonely. The feeling of loneliness wasn't about his job or his family. It was a feeling deep inside because he does not like himself and can therefore not find peace.
1. Do you believe people can be happy if they don't like themselves? Why or why not?
2. Why do you think Nate disliked himself? Use examples from the book and your own life to support your answer.
3. Explain in detail how you would feel if you were in Nate's situation in Brazil.
Essay Topic 2
The clause that exempted the heirs' new purchases from debt coverage was surely an evil scheme, since each of the heirs had made new and large purchases with the credit they expected to gain in inheritance.
1. Explain why the heirs were foolish for making expensive purchases before the will was read.
2. Do you think that it was wrong of Troy Phelan to make his will to include this clause? Why or why not?
3. Do you think it is possible that Troy felt he was actually helping his children to grow onto better paths by not leaving them a lot of money? Why or why not? Use examples from the book and to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Ultimately the Phelan heirs each received fifty million dollars of their father's money. Rachel established a trust with her money.
1. Do you think this was a fair settlement? Why or why not?
2. Explain in detail what you think about Rachel's settlement of her inheritance.
3. Do you Josh betrayed Troy's trust in him or do you think Troy knew the settlement would probably end up something along those lines?
This section contains 1,094 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)