|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who rescues the three men?
2. What is difficult about getting to the Pantanal?
3. Why are they having trouble navigating the river?
4. What does it take to get Nate ready to travel?
5. What does Jevy say that he regrets saying?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the effect of Troy's death on the media?
2. How did Josh try to assure that Nate would do as he was told?
3. Explain what happened when Nate found out the trading post where they stopped sold beer.
4. What did Hark Getty see as a benefit to being Rex's lawyer? Why did he have a strong motivation to do his best?
5. What happened regarding the cow the plane crash killed in Brazil?
6. Basically, what did Troy's will say?
7. How did all the family lawyers feel about the will?
8. What happened to Rachel's biological mother?
9. What kind of shape was Troy Junior, Ramble, Geena and Rex in following his death?
10. What is Nate's life in rehab and how does he feel about it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the opening of THE TESTAMENT, a multi-billionaire carries out a plan to do what he wants with his money rather than what his family wants.
1. Do you think Troy Phelan should have to go through so much trouble just to make sure his will was legally incontestability? Why or why not?
2. What do you think of a man who would leave all his money to a daughter he has never seen and give the rest of his family very little of a huge estate? Use examples from your own experience and beliefs to support your answer.
3. Do you think Troy's relatives are wrong for trying to get his money? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Realizing that Father Phil had also made large changes late in life helped Nate to feel even more comfortable with Phil. Additionally, the physical labor was a good distraction and gave Nate a healthy way to spend his days. Without the work at the church, his ample spare time could have been detrimental to his rehabilitation.
1. Why do you think Father Phil's making changes in his life at an older age made it more comfortable for Nate to talk with him?
2. Explain why physical labor could be good for a recovering alcoholic.
3. Why do you think too much spare time would have been detrimental to Nate's rehabilitation?
Essay Topic 3
Nate was running from his problems by going on the business trip. He realized very quickly that no matter how far he ran his past would always follow.
1. Running from problems by going somewhere else is called a "geographic cure." Discuss what do you think this means.
2. Do you believe taking the geographic cure is a good idea or a bad idea? Why or why not? Could it be different depending on the circumstance?
3. Discuss two situations that might respond well to a geographic cure and two that wouldn't be helped with on.
This section contains 1,260 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)