|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the conclusion about sending someone to Brazil?
2. What do Snead and Josh, as well as Tip Durban, Josh's colleague do?
3. Where do Nate and Jevy stop?
4. What does the Judge read aloud?
5. What is happening back in the States?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Libbigail's relationship with her father like and what is she doing after his death?
2. Why is Josh Stafford meeting with Troy?
3. Why was the reading of Troy Phelan's will considered to be of interest?
4. How did all the family lawyers feel about the will?
5. How did Troy's first wife and her family celebrate Christmas?
6. What did Troy do after being certified sane and able and his family left?
7. What did Hark Getty see as a benefit to being Rex's lawyer? Why did he have a strong motivation to do his best?
8. What happened to Rachel's biological mother?
9. What did Nate do on Christmas day in Brazil?
10. How did Nate feel when he first came to Brazil and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ultimately the Phelan heirs each received fifty million dollars of their father's money. Rachel established a trust with her money.
1. Do you think this was a fair settlement? Why or why not?
2. Explain in detail what you think about Rachel's settlement of her inheritance.
3. Do you Josh betrayed Troy's trust in him or do you think Troy knew the settlement would probably end up something along those lines?
Essay Topic 2
Now that he was sober and honestly examining his life, he had to come to terms with his faults. He caused the poor relations that he now experienced with his family. He knew that he would not be received warmly but he hoped to begin again and earn their trust and affection.
1. Do you think it's possible for a long term alcoholic or addict to regain family or friend trust? Why or why not?
2. Imagine one of your siblings was an addict and had lied to you, stolen from you, gotten you in trouble and ignored you except when he/she needed something. Explain what it would take for you to ever trust them again if they came to you and told you they had reformed.
3. Do you think Nate should try to repair his relationships with his children or should just bless them and let them go? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Realizing that Father Phil had also made large changes late in life helped Nate to feel even more comfortable with Phil. Additionally, the physical labor was a good distraction and gave Nate a healthy way to spend his days. Without the work at the church, his ample spare time could have been detrimental to his rehabilitation.
1. Why do you think Father Phil's making changes in his life at an older age made it more comfortable for Nate to talk with him?
2. Explain why physical labor could be good for a recovering alcoholic.
3. Why do you think too much spare time would have been detrimental to Nate's rehabilitation?
This section contains 1,131 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)