|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Josh consider sending to Brazil?
2. Why does Josh only give information that was required by law to the probate judge?
3. How does Sergio start weaning Nate from Walnut Hill?
4. Who is Hark Gettys?
5. How many legitimate children does Troy have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Nate and Jevy do to start the second half of their journey?
2. How did Josh try to assure that Nate would do as he was told?
3. With whom did Nate talk on his way to Brazil and why only them?
4. What are the thoughts of Troy Phelan when the novel opens?
5. Explain what happened when Nate found out the trading post where they stopped sold beer.
6. What happened regarding the cow the plane crash killed in Brazil?
7. What do Nate and Jevy discuss as they float on the river and how does Nate feel about it?
8. What did Hark Getty see as a benefit to being Rex's lawyer? Why did he have a strong motivation to do his best?
9. How did Nate feel when he first came to Brazil and why?
10. Why would Josh consider sending Nate to Brazil to find the Phelan heir?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ultimately the Phelan heirs each received fifty million dollars of their father's money. Rachel established a trust with her money.
1. Do you think this was a fair settlement? Why or why not?
2. Explain in detail what you think about Rachel's settlement of her inheritance.
3. Do you Josh betrayed Troy's trust in him or do you think Troy knew the settlement would probably end up something along those lines?
Essay Topic 2
In the opening of THE TESTAMENT, a multi-billionaire carries out a plan to do what he wants with his money rather than what his family wants.
1. Do you think Troy Phelan should have to go through so much trouble just to make sure his will was legally incontestability? Why or why not?
2. What do you think of a man who would leave all his money to a daughter he has never seen and give the rest of his family very little of a huge estate? Use examples from your own experience and beliefs to support your answer.
3. Do you think Troy's relatives are wrong for trying to get his money? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The Phelan heirs were a dysfunctional group. It becomes apparent that Troy's impression of his children may have been sadly accurate. Bestowing a fortune on each of them may do more harm than good.
1. Why do you think having a lot of money would be harmful to the Phelan heirs?
2. Do you think Troy should have tried more to help his children change?
3. What do you see as the main problems with the Phelan heirs? Use examples from the book and to support your answer.
This section contains 1,115 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)