|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is his state after drinking?
2. What does Nate remember he brought along with his luggage?
3. Why is Nate roaming the streets?
4. Why does Jevy go searching for Nate?
5. What happens to an heir that contests the will?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Nate and his guides on the river while exploring Pantanal?
2. What did Jevy do when Nate didn't show up at the boat?
3. Why is Josh Stafford meeting with Troy?
4. Basically, what did Troy's will say?
5. What was the effect of Troy's death on the media?
6. Why was the reading of Troy Phelan's will considered to be of interest?
7. How did Rachel come about and how did she end up adopted?
8. Why would Josh consider sending Nate to Brazil to find the Phelan heir?
9. How did Nate feel when he first came to Brazil and why?
10. What is Nate's life in rehab and how does he feel about it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In his delirium, Nate was convinced that Rachel had come to visit him. He heard her voice, saw her face, and was reassured that he would not succumb to this illness. Rachel seemed to know that God had planned a future for Nate. He returned to sleep and awoke after the fever broke.
1. Do you think Rachel actually visited Nate while he was delirious? Why or why not?
2. Do you think it is possible that Rachel knew Nate was ill and actually visited him in spirit to heal him? Why or why not?
3. Why do you think Nate focused on a woman, Rachel, he barely knew while he was ill?
Essay Topic 2
Unlike Rachel, Nate does want to return to the United States. She reminds him about what is good in life and offers encouragement. Their interactions leave Nate wanting to be a better man. This inner drive will eventually manifest itself as he overcomes his habits.
1. Why do you think Rachel would make Nate want to be a better man?
2. Do you think it is possible in the real world for someone who has messed up his/her life so badly to meet a person and all of a sudden want to turn his/her's life around? Why or why not?
3. Do you think a person has to have some sort of inner drive in order to change his/her life? What do you think is the inner drive in Nate?
Essay Topic 3
Nate is thankful for Rachel's friendship. He relies on her for the strength that he lacks. Nate must learn to be at peace with himself. It is only through inner peace that he will be strong enough to resist temptation and happy enough to move forward down a healthier path.
1. Do you think Rachel and Nate could have become friends in a few short days? Why or why not?
2. How do you think Nate being at peace with himself will help with his addictions?
3. Do you think Nate has ever experienced true friendship before? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,232 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)