|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is requested in the will?
2. What does Rachel change her last name to after graduation from medical school?
3. What does the Judge read aloud?
4. Where do Nate and Jevy stop?
5. What do Nate and Jevy discuss?
Short Essay Questions
1. Basically, what did Troy's will say?
2. What did Nate do on Christmas day in Brazil?
3. What did Hark Getty see as a benefit to being Rex's lawyer? Why did he have a strong motivation to do his best?
4. How did Nate end up in a farm in Brazil?
5. How did Josh try to assure that Nate would do as he was told?
6. How did Troy's first wife and her family celebrate Christmas?
7. How did Troy divide his money with his last holographic will?
8. What do Nate and Jevy discuss as they float on the river and how does Nate feel about it?
9. How does Nate feel about going to Brazil?
10. What happened regarding the cow the plane crash killed in Brazil?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Now that he was sober and honestly examining his life, he had to come to terms with his faults. He caused the poor relations that he now experienced with his family. He knew that he would not be received warmly but he hoped to begin again and earn their trust and affection.
1. Do you think it's possible for a long term alcoholic or addict to regain family or friend trust? Why or why not?
2. Imagine one of your siblings was an addict and had lied to you, stolen from you, gotten you in trouble and ignored you except when he/she needed something. Explain what it would take for you to ever trust them again if they came to you and told you they had reformed.
3. Do you think Nate should try to repair his relationships with his children or should just bless them and let them go? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Rachel's character is introduced in chapter twenty-six and further developed in chapter twenty-seven. She is not like any of the other characters in the book. She is entirely unmotivated by money and not interested in worldly possessions. Nate has never met anyone like her before.
1. Do you think it is realistic of the author to portray Rachel as so saintly? Why or why not?
2. Do you believe anyone would turn down billions of dollars? Why or why not?
3. Do you think that Nate will find what he is looking for by getting to know Rachel? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Nate returned from South America with intentions to leave the world of law behind him and live simply. Hark Gettys, on the other hand, was doing just the opposite. He was behaving in unethical ways and trying to maximize his fees in any way possible.
1. Do you think all lawyers are like Hark? Why or why not?
2. Explain in detail why you might prefer Nate for a lawyer over Hark or the other way around.
3. To you think in the real world lawyers will actually help people lie to a court? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,229 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)