|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marco demand?
2. Who helps Jevy with directions?
3. Why is a team of lawyers awaiting Phelan today?
4. What does Jevy say that he regrets saying?
5. How much alcohol does Nate consume?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Troy's remains?
2. What happened right after Nate woke the day after the storm?
3. What did Nate do on Christmas day in Brazil?
4. Why did Josh want to speak to Nate and why was it impossible?
5. Why did Josh meet with Judge Wycliff and what did he tell him? What was the Judge's response?
6. Why is Josh Stafford meeting with Troy?
7. What happened when Nate was admitted to the hospital for the second time?
8. How did the Phelan heirs feel about Troy's will?
9. What did Rachel's will say about her inheritance?
10. Why was Josh worried about the settlement of the will?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In his delirium, Nate was convinced that Rachel had come to visit him. He heard her voice, saw her face, and was reassured that he would not succumb to this illness. Rachel seemed to know that God had planned a future for Nate. He returned to sleep and awoke after the fever broke.
1. Do you think Rachel actually visited Nate while he was delirious? Why or why not?
2. Do you think it is possible that Rachel knew Nate was ill and actually visited him in spirit to heal him? Why or why not?
3. Why do you think Nate focused on a woman, Rachel, he barely knew while he was ill?
Essay Topic 2
Nate returned from South America with intentions to leave the world of law behind him and live simply. Hark Gettys, on the other hand, was doing just the opposite. He was behaving in unethical ways and trying to maximize his fees in any way possible.
1. Do you think all lawyers are like Hark? Why or why not?
2. Explain in detail why you might prefer Nate for a lawyer over Hark or the other way around.
3. To you think in the real world lawyers will actually help people lie to a court? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
During his time in St. Michael's, Nate did a lot of thinking. He realized that he was the reason why his marriages had failed. He also acknowledged that he couldn't blame his children for keeping their distance from him.
1. Using examples from the book explain why you think Nate's marriages failed.
2. Using examples from the book explain why you think Nate's children keep their distance from him.
3. Do you think Nate's failures with his marriages and children were one hundred percent his fault? Why or why not?
This section contains 2,844 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)