|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Nate give Marco?
2. Why do they shed tears?
3. Where does Nate find liquor?
4. When do they take off on their flight?
5. Why is Ramble an exception in the will?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Nate and Jevy discuss as they float on the river and how does Nate feel about it?
2. Why did Josh meet with Judge Wycliff and what did he tell him? What was the Judge's response?
3. What did Rex decide to do about his understanding?
4. What did Nate tell Josh on the drive from the airport?
5. What did Jevy do when Nate didn't show up at the boat?
6. What does Nate notice about the Indian village and how does he respond to it?
7. What kind of shape was Troy Junior, Ramble, Geena and Rex in following his death?
8. How did Nate end up in a farm in Brazil?
9. How was Nate feeling physically as he journeyed back to civilization and what did he find out?
10. How did Josh try to assure that Nate would do as he was told?
Essay Topic 1
Ultimately the Phelan heirs each received fifty million dollars of their father's money. Rachel established a trust with her money.
1. Do you think this was a fair settlement? Why or why not?
2. Explain in detail what you think about Rachel's settlement of her inheritance.
3. Do you Josh betrayed Troy's trust in him or do you think Troy knew the settlement would probably end up something along those lines?
Essay Topic 2
Nate is thankful for Rachel's friendship. He relies on her for the strength that he lacks. Nate must learn to be at peace with himself. It is only through inner peace that he will be strong enough to resist temptation and happy enough to move forward down a healthier path.
1. Do you think Rachel and Nate could have become friends in a few short days? Why or why not?
2. How do you think Nate being at peace with himself will help with his addictions?
3. Do you think Nate has ever experienced true friendship before? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Nate deemed the hospital in Corumba to be insufficient and was mortified by the care he received there. The hospital in Corumba was a local one utilized only by people who had no other choice.
1. Do you think Nate was being ungrateful to the hospital? Why or why not?
2. Why do you think the people in Corumba tolerated a hospital like Nate was in?
3. Explain what you see is the connection between money and good health care.
This section contains 2,867 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)