|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do they shed tears?
2. What does Nate tend to do after detoxifying himself?
3. What happens to an heir that contests the will?
4. Why would the family's lawyers want the family to contest the will when it says anyone who contests it gets nothing?
5. Who does Nate hire?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Nate and his guides on the river while exploring Pantanal?
2. How did Josh try to assure that Nate would do as he was told?
3. How did all the family lawyers feel about the will?
4. Basically, what did Troy's will say?
5. How does Nate feel about going to Brazil?
6. What did Troy do after being certified sane and able and his family left?
7. What did Nate and Jevy do to start the second half of their journey?
8. What did Hark Getty see as a benefit to being Rex's lawyer? Why did he have a strong motivation to do his best?
9. What happened that caused Nate and Jevy to get lost within the Pantanal?
10. What did Jevy do when Nate didn't show up at the boat?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Rachel's character is introduced in chapter twenty-six and further developed in chapter twenty-seven. She is not like any of the other characters in the book. She is entirely unmotivated by money and not interested in worldly possessions. Nate has never met anyone like her before.
1. Do you think it is realistic of the author to portray Rachel as so saintly? Why or why not?
2. Do you believe anyone would turn down billions of dollars? Why or why not?
3. Do you think that Nate will find what he is looking for by getting to know Rachel? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In the opening of THE TESTAMENT, a multi-billionaire carries out a plan to do what he wants with his money rather than what his family wants.
1. Do you think Troy Phelan should have to go through so much trouble just to make sure his will was legally incontestability? Why or why not?
2. What do you think of a man who would leave all his money to a daughter he has never seen and give the rest of his family very little of a huge estate? Use examples from your own experience and beliefs to support your answer.
3. Do you think Troy's relatives are wrong for trying to get his money? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Troy kept Rachel's whereabouts to himself, refused to answer Evelyn's letters, and her desperation culminated in her suicide five years after Rachel's birth.
1. Explain, in detail, what kind of man Troy appears to be that he would keep Evelyn from seeing her daughter.
2. Do you think Evelyn's suicide could have been prevented? Why or why not?
3. Why do you think Troy would not answer Evelyn's letters? Use examples from the book and your own life to support your answer.
This section contains 1,151 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)