|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Rachel's mother?
2. When do they take off on their flight?
3. How does Nate begin his day at Walnut Hill?
4. In accordance with Troy's wishes, what does Josh do?
5. Where does Nate go from Walnut Hill?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Josh try to assure that Nate would do as he was told?
2. What did Jevy do when Nate didn't show up at the boat?
3. With whom did Nate talk on his way to Brazil and why only them?
4. What do Nate and Jevy discuss as they float on the river and how does Nate feel about it?
5. Who was the only person who knew where Rachel was living?
6. What did Hark Getty see as a benefit to being Rex's lawyer? Why did he have a strong motivation to do his best?
7. What was the effect of Troy's death on the media?
8. What is Nate's life in rehab and how does he feel about it?
9. What are the thoughts of Troy Phelan when the novel opens?
10. Explain what happened when Nate found out the trading post where they stopped sold beer.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
American media is predictable in nature. The more sensational a story the more attention it attracts. Troy Phelan had few friends and no one really grieved over his death, yet it received a lot of publicity.
1. Do you think the media makes too much of celebrities? Why or why not?
2. Explain why you think Troy Phelan's money was what made him interesting, not him as a person.
3. Why do you think Troy had few friends? Use examples from the book and your own life to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Nate deemed the hospital in Corumba to be insufficient and was mortified by the care he received there. The hospital in Corumba was a local one utilized only by people who had no other choice.
1. Do you think Nate was being ungrateful to the hospital? Why or why not?
2. Why do you think the people in Corumba tolerated a hospital like Nate was in?
3. Explain what you see is the connection between money and good health care.
Essay Topic 3
In the opening of THE TESTAMENT, a multi-billionaire carries out a plan to do what he wants with his money rather than what his family wants.
1. Do you think Troy Phelan should have to go through so much trouble just to make sure his will was legally incontestability? Why or why not?
2. What do you think of a man who would leave all his money to a daughter he has never seen and give the rest of his family very little of a huge estate? Use examples from your own experience and beliefs to support your answer.
3. Do you think Troy's relatives are wrong for trying to get his money? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,115 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)