|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do they take off on their flight?
2. What does Ramble's lawyer urge Ramble to do?
3. Who is Sergio?
4. Who does Nate hire?
5. What happens to Rachel's mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Hark Getty see as a benefit to being Rex's lawyer? Why did he have a strong motivation to do his best?
2. How did Troy's first wife and her family celebrate Christmas?
3. What was the effect of Troy's death on the media?
4. What did Troy do after being certified sane and able and his family left?
5. What is Nate's life in rehab and how does he feel about it?
6. How did Nate feel when he first came to Brazil and why?
7. What happened that caused Nate and Jevy to get lost within the Pantanal?
8. How did Nate end up in a farm in Brazil?
9. Why is Josh Stafford meeting with Troy?
10. What was Libbigail's relationship with her father like and what is she doing after his death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Nate deemed the hospital in Corumba to be insufficient and was mortified by the care he received there. The hospital in Corumba was a local one utilized only by people who had no other choice.
1. Do you think Nate was being ungrateful to the hospital? Why or why not?
2. Why do you think the people in Corumba tolerated a hospital like Nate was in?
3. Explain what you see is the connection between money and good health care.
Essay Topic 2
American media is predictable in nature. The more sensational a story the more attention it attracts. Troy Phelan had few friends and no one really grieved over his death, yet it received a lot of publicity.
1. Do you think the media makes too much of celebrities? Why or why not?
2. Explain why you think Troy Phelan's money was what made him interesting, not him as a person.
3. Why do you think Troy had few friends? Use examples from the book and your own life to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
In his delirium, Nate was convinced that Rachel had come to visit him. He heard her voice, saw her face, and was reassured that he would not succumb to this illness. Rachel seemed to know that God had planned a future for Nate. He returned to sleep and awoke after the fever broke.
1. Do you think Rachel actually visited Nate while he was delirious? Why or why not?
2. Do you think it is possible that Rachel knew Nate was ill and actually visited him in spirit to heal him? Why or why not?
3. Why do you think Nate focused on a woman, Rachel, he barely knew while he was ill?
This section contains 1,015 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)