|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jevy in a hurry to get back to the city?
(a) His wife is having a baby.
(b) He craves alcohol.
(c) His wife is expecting him.
(d) To get Nate to a hospital as quickly as possible.
2. What does the neighboring village chief say about the little girl's death?
(a) That their bush god is punishing the parents.
(b) He chides the parents for their belief in Christianity.
(c) That it is his fault for allowing her to go into the jungle.
(d) That these things just happen in life.
3. Who promises the cooperation of Troy's latest mistress, Nicolette?
4. What does Rachel refuse to do?
(a) Sign the papers.
(b) Nothing; she is totally cooperative.
(c) Be left out of her inheritance.
(d) Stay in the village.
5. Who offers his services for a flat fee of five million dollars?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has it been since Rachel has entered the Pantanal?
2. Where is Nate drawn as he wanders the city?
3. What does Nate offer to do for Rachel?
4. Who is feared by all Troy's children for his lawyer skills?
5. What does Rex inherit from his father, Troy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news does Welly bring to Valdir and what does he do about it?
2. Why did Hark meet with the other Phelan heir lawyers and what happened at the meeting?
3. How did Nate score the first point in the dispositions?
4. Why did Josh want to speak to Nate and why was it impossible?
5. What did Nate feel like back in D.C. and what did he do about it?
6. What happened when Nate was admitted to the hospital for the second time?
7. Why was Nate unable to speak with Rachel the day after he arrived in the village?
8. What did Neva tell Nate about the last time she spoke with Rachel? What did Nate believe about Rachel and what did he find odd?
9. What did Nate want to do to get away following the Phelan heir depositions? Why does he want to do it? How well does he think it will work?
10. How was Nate feeling physically as he journeyed back to civilization and what did he find out?
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)