|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary Ross decide to do?
(a) Cozen up to Nate.
(b) Kill herself like her father.
(c) Fire her lawyers and join her brothers in their suit.
(d) Withdraw from the legal proceedings altogether.
2. What symptoms develop in Nate?
(a) Foaming at the mouth.
(b) Aching bones.
(c) A high fever, chills, and delirium.
(d) Irrational anger.
3. What does Nate hope to do with his children?
(a) He is not sure.
(b) Become a mentor of sorts.
(c) Make amends and then let them go.
(d) Gain their trust and affection.
4. What does Rex do that his other siblings do not?
(a) Reviews the paperwork from the lawyers.
(b) Include his mother in the lawsuit.
(c) Write to Rachel.
(d) Buy in on the company's stocks.
5. What does Nate tell Josh?
(a) He is ready to re-join the firm.
(b) He is retiring from law.
(c) He is moving to South America.
(d) He is becoming a Christian missionary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Nate sleeping a lot?
2. What do Josh and the Judge review?
3. Besides preaching the gospel, what does Rachel do?
4. What does TJ do?
5. What does Rex realize about the lawyer fees?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Nate doing at the cottage?
2. What was Nate's room like in the hospital and what kind of care did he receive?
3. What news does Welly bring to Valdir and what does he do about it?
4. Rex was the smartest of the Phelan heirs. What was he good at and what did he realize?
5. What did Nate tell Josh on the drive from the airport?
6. What was Hark doing to help his lawsuit?
7. How was Nate feeling physically as he journeyed back to civilization and what did he find out?
8. What does Rachel see about Nate and what does she offer?
9. What happened when Nate was admitted to the hospital for the second time?
10. What did Neva tell Nate about the last time she spoke with Rachel? What did Nate believe about Rachel and what did he find odd?
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)