|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Nate speak to Josh about Rachel?
(a) Nate is angry and will not talk to Josh.
(b) Nate has died.
(c) Nate is on a plane on his way back to the States.
(d) Nate is on too many painkillers.
2. What does Rachel sense about Nate?
(a) He is still quite addicted to drugs and alcohol.
(b) He is lonely.
(c) He is hypocritical.
(d) He lies.
3. With what is Rachel content?
(a) Her practise and her radio.
(b) Living a simple life among the Indians and God.
(c) Her books and medical practise.
(d) Knowing she can leave if necessary.
4. What does Nate tell Josh?
(a) He is becoming a Christian missionary.
(b) He is retiring from law.
(c) He is ready to re-join the firm.
(d) He is moving to South America.
5. Why can't Nate speak to Rachel the next day?
(a) She is bitten by a poisonous snake and dies.
(b) She refused to speak with him.
(c) She has to go to a neighboring village.
(d) She sneaks away from the village.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom does Nate search after he leaves the hospital?
2. After shooting a few holes in Snead's testimony, who does Nate go after next?
3. What does Nate notice about his IV bag?
4. Who does Josh call to find out about Nate?
5. What does a second letter say?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Nate feeling physically as he journeyed back to civilization and what did he find out?
2. What happened right after Nate woke the day after the storm?
3. What was Nate's room like in the hospital and what kind of care did he receive?
4. Who did Nate think he saw when he was sick and what did he feel about it?
5. Why did Hark meet with the other Phelan heir lawyers and what happened at the meeting?
6. What happened when Nate was admitted to the hospital for the second time?
7. What did Rachel tell Nate when she returned to the village?
8. Rex was the smartest of the Phelan heirs. What was he good at and what did he realize?
9. What did the lawyers fighting the will do about the sanity examination?
10. Why was Nate unable to speak with Rachel the day after he arrived in the village?
This section contains 1,053 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)