|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the panel of three psychiatrists?
(a) They recant their evaluation.
(b) They are adamant about Troy's capacity.
(c) They find themselves without a job.
(d) They receive a huge payoff.
2. Who offers his services for a flat fee of five million dollars?
3. Why does Nate bribe Jevy to help him leave the hospital?
(a) He is afraid they are trying to kill him.
(b) He is delusional.
(c) He thinks Rachel will take better care of him.
(d) Nate is depressed by his poor state of health and the deplorable care he was receiving.
4. What does the doctor say about Nate's fever returning?
(a) It means death is imminent.
(b) It means it has gone into hemorrhagic dengue fever.
(c) It means a slower recovery.
(d) It is normal.
5. How did the men of the tribe act?
(a) Very friendly.
(b) Quite hostile.
(c) Suspicious at first.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom does Nate search after he leaves the hospital?
2. What does Nate hope to do with his children?
3. Who is feared by all Troy's children for his lawyer skills?
4. Besides preaching the gospel, what does Rachel do?
5. Why is Nate sleeping a lot?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Nate's room like in the hospital and what kind of care did he receive?
2. What happened when Nate was admitted to the hospital for the second time?
3. Why did Josh want to speak to Nate and why was it impossible?
4. What did Rex decide to do about his understanding?
5. What did the lawyers fighting the will do about the sanity examination?
6. What was Nate doing at the cottage?
7. Why did Josh meet with Judge Wycliff and what did he tell him? What was the Judge's response?
8. Why was Nate unable to speak with Rachel the day after he arrived in the village?
9. Why did Hark meet with the other Phelan heir lawyers and what happened at the meeting?
10. What did working five days on the Phelan will in the city prove to Nate's satisfaction?
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)