|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Neva find on her desk?
(a) A large envelope addressed to Nate.
(b) A large envelope addressed to Rachel.
(d) Two envelopes; one addressed to her and one to Nate.
2. What does Nate think is the cause of his poor relationships with his family?
(a) Nate himself.
(c) His demanding children.
(d) His ex-wife.
3. Who has Rachel herself baptized?
(a) Most of the tribe in the neighboring village.
(b) A little girl bitten by a poisonous snake.
(c) The chief's wife in the neighboring village.
(d) The village chief.
4. What happens when the lawyers cannot dredge up anything on Rachel?
(a) They are very nervous.
(b) They are delighted.
(c) They withdraw their lawsuit.
(d) They dredge up lots of dirt on Nate.
5. What does Nate confide to Phil?
(a) That he wants to see his children and make amends.
(b) That he wants to marry Rachel more than anything in the world.
(c) That he missing the excitement of law.
(d) That his children all miss him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Snead not mind that his work will be difficult?
2. How often does Neva communicate with Rachel?
3. What does Nate know about Snead's testimony?
4. Of what does Rex jokingly say his mother would be proud?
5. What do the lawyers do in the mock testimony with Sneads?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Rachel tell Nate when she returned to the village?
2. What did the lawyers fighting the will do about the sanity examination?
3. What does Nate notice about the Indian village and how does he respond to it?
4. What was Nate doing at the cottage?
5. Rex was the smartest of the Phelan heirs. What was he good at and what did he realize?
6. What did Rex decide to do about his understanding?
7. Why was Nate unable to speak with Rachel the day after he arrived in the village?
8. What news does Welly bring to Valdir and what does he do about it?
9. What did Rachel say to Nate?
10. Why was Josh worried about the settlement of the will?
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)