|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Nate bribe Jevy to help him leave the hospital?
(a) Nate is depressed by his poor state of health and the deplorable care he was receiving.
(b) He thinks Rachel will take better care of him.
(c) He is delusional.
(d) He is afraid they are trying to kill him.
2. What does Mary Ross decide to do?
(a) Fire her lawyers and join her brothers in their suit.
(b) Cozen up to Nate.
(c) Withdraw from the legal proceedings altogether.
(d) Kill herself like her father.
3. Who helps Jevy find an Indian village?
(b) An old Indian chief.
(c) A tribal elder.
(d) A young boy.
4. Which of Nate's children refuses to see him?
(a) Austin and Angela.
5. What does Nate notice about his IV bag?
(a) It has been taken by another patient.
(b) He does not notice anything about it.
(c) It is moldy.
(d) It is empty and has not been refilled.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides preaching the gospel, what does Rachel do?
2. How long has it been since Rachel has entered the Pantanal?
3. Why does a little girl in the neighboring village die?
4. Who promises the cooperation of Troy's latest mistress, Nicolette?
5. To whom does Rex first tell his discovery about the lawyers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Nate doing at the cottage?
2. What did Nate feel like back in D.C. and what did he do about it?
3. What news does Welly bring to Valdir and what does he do about it?
4. What happened right after Nate woke the day after the storm?
5. What did the lawyers fighting the will do about the sanity examination?
6. Why was Josh worried about the settlement of the will?
7. How did Nate score the first point in the dispositions?
8. What was Hark doing to help his lawsuit?
9. What did Rachel say to Nate?
10. Why did Hark meet with the other Phelan heir lawyers and what happened at the meeting?
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)