|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the problem when Nate is admitted to the hospital for the second time?
(a) The doctor won't treat him since he left the hospital AMA.
(b) There are no rooms available.
(c) There are no more antibiotic IV drugs.
(d) He is in a coma.
2. What do all the lawyers sign?
(a) An affadavit hiring Hark.
(b) Nolo contendre plea.
(c) Paperwork for a loan.
3. How is Nate's condition in this chapter?
(a) He dies.
(b) About the same as when he arrived at the hospital.
(d) Improving daily.
4. What does Josh suggest that Nate do for Rachel?
(a) Marry her.
(b) Let it go.
(c) Be her lawyer and protect her interests.
(d) Plead with her to at least claim her inheritance for the future.
5. Why can't Nate speak to Rachel the next day?
(a) She refused to speak with him.
(b) She is bitten by a poisonous snake and dies.
(c) She sneaks away from the village.
(d) She has to go to a neighboring village.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the panel of three psychiatrists?
2. Why is it difficult to speak to the first Indians they encounter?
3. How often does Neva communicate with Rachel?
4. Which of Nate's children refuses to see him?
5. What strikes Nate about the Indian village?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Hark doing to help his lawsuit?
2. What was Nate's room like in the hospital and what kind of care did he receive?
3. Why did Josh want to speak to Nate and why was it impossible?
4. What did Nate feel like back in D.C. and what did he do about it?
5. What did Nate want to do to get away following the Phelan heir depositions? Why does he want to do it? How well does he think it will work?
6. What did working five days on the Phelan will in the city prove to Nate's satisfaction?
7. Why was Josh worried about the settlement of the will?
8. Why did Josh meet with Judge Wycliff and what did he tell him? What was the Judge's response?
9. What happened when Nate was admitted to the hospital for the second time?
10. What does Rachel see about Nate and what does she offer?
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)