|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rachel refuse to do?
(a) Sign the papers.
(b) Stay in the village.
(c) Be left out of her inheritance.
(d) Nothing; she is totally cooperative.
2. What does Nate confide to Phil?
(a) That his children all miss him.
(b) That he wants to marry Rachel more than anything in the world.
(c) That he wants to see his children and make amends.
(d) That he missing the excitement of law.
3. What does the neighboring village chief say about the little girl's death?
(a) That it is his fault for allowing her to go into the jungle.
(b) He chides the parents for their belief in Christianity.
(c) That these things just happen in life.
(d) That their bush god is punishing the parents.
4. As they are leaving the village, by what is Nate plagued?
(a) Withdrawal symptoms.
(c) Irrational fears.
(d) Headache and achy joints.
5. Where does Rachel live?
(a) In the chief's old dwelling.
(b) In a neighboring village.
(c) With the women of the tribe.
(d) On the outskirts of the village.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does a little girl in the neighboring village die?
2. What does Nate probably have?
3. Besides preaching the gospel, what does Rachel do?
4. What symptoms develop in Nate?
5. Why is Jevy in a hurry to get back to the city?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Rachel say to Nate?
2. What was Hark doing to help his lawsuit?
3. What did Nate feel like back in D.C. and what did he do about it?
4. What happened when Nate was admitted to the hospital for the second time?
5. What does Rachel see about Nate and what does she offer?
6. What was Nate doing at the cottage?
7. What news does Welly bring to Valdir and what does he do about it?
8. Why was Nate unable to speak with Rachel the day after he arrived in the village?
9. Why did Josh meet with Judge Wycliff and what did he tell him? What was the Judge's response?
10. What was Nate's room like in the hospital and what kind of care did he receive?
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)