|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often does Neva communicate with Rachel?
(a) Twice a month.
(b) Every other month.
(c) Once a year.
2. What does Rex do that his other siblings do not?
(a) Reviews the paperwork from the lawyers.
(b) Buy in on the company's stocks.
(c) Write to Rachel.
(d) Include his mother in the lawsuit.
3. What does Hawk tell the other lawyers that makes them nervous?
(a) That TJ and Mary have withdrawn their challenge.
(b) That Hawk has the judge in his pocket.
(c) That Mary has joined his lawsuit.
(d) That Mary has withdrawn her suit.
4. To whom does Rex first tell his discovery about the lawyers?
(a) Thomas Jester.
5. Why does Nate bribe Jevy to help him leave the hospital?
(a) He is afraid they are trying to kill him.
(b) He thinks Rachel will take better care of him.
(c) Nate is depressed by his poor state of health and the deplorable care he was receiving.
(d) He is delusional.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rachel sense about Nate?
2. Why does the lawsuit go forward?
3. Why is it difficult to speak to the first Indians they encounter?
4. Why does Snead not mind that his work will be difficult?
5. What happens after Nate's fever breaks?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Nate feeling physically as he journeyed back to civilization and what did he find out?
2. What did the lawyers fighting the will do about the sanity examination?
3. What did working five days on the Phelan will in the city prove to Nate's satisfaction?
4. What did Rachel tell Nate when she returned to the village?
5. What did Nate feel like back in D.C. and what did he do about it?
6. What does Nate notice about the Indian village and how does he respond to it?
7. What did Neva tell Nate about the last time she spoke with Rachel? What did Nate believe about Rachel and what did he find odd?
8. What was Nate doing at the cottage?
9. What was Nate's room like in the hospital and what kind of care did he receive?
10. Why did Josh want to speak to Nate and why was it impossible?
This section contains 994 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)