|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Nate's children refuses to see him?
(c) Austin and Angela.
2. What does Nate offer to do for Rachel?
(a) Set up a trust for her.
(b) Represent her.
(c) To come get her to go back to the States.
(d) To pay for any more supplies she might need.
3. Who promises the cooperation of Troy's latest mistress, Nicolette?
4. What does the doctor say about Nate's fever returning?
(a) It means it has gone into hemorrhagic dengue fever.
(b) It means a slower recovery.
(c) It is normal.
(d) It means death is imminent.
5. What happens when the lawyers cannot dredge up anything on Rachel?
(a) They are very nervous.
(b) They dredge up lots of dirt on Nate.
(c) They withdraw their lawsuit.
(d) They are delighted.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has Rachel herself baptized?
2. For whom does Nate search after he leaves the hospital?
3. To where does Nate retreat for time to think?
4. Why does Nate bribe Jevy to help him leave the hospital?
5. What does Mary Ross decide to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Nate doing at the cottage?
2. What did Neva tell Nate about the last time she spoke with Rachel? What did Nate believe about Rachel and what did he find odd?
3. What does Nate notice about the Indian village and how does he respond to it?
4. What did Nate feel like back in D.C. and what did he do about it?
5. Why did Josh want to speak to Nate and why was it impossible?
6. What did Rachel tell Nate when she returned to the village?
7. Why was Josh worried about the settlement of the will?
8. What was Hark doing to help his lawsuit?
9. Why did Josh meet with Judge Wycliff and what did he tell him? What was the Judge's response?
10. Who did Nate think he saw when he was sick and what did he feel about it?
This section contains 1,010 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)