|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Nate's children refuses to see him?
(c) Austin and Angela.
2. What does Nate tell Rachel?
(a) That he will forcibly take her back.
(b) That if she doesn't claim her inheritance some very bad people will benefit.
(c) About his past.
(d) That he loves her.
3. What do all the lawyers sign?
(b) Nolo contendre plea.
(c) Paperwork for a loan.
(d) An affadavit hiring Hark.
4. What happens after Nate's fever breaks?
(a) He is flown by air ambulance to Houston.
(b) He is discharged.
(c) He dies.
(d) He stays for several more weeks.
5. Who is feared by all Troy's children for his lawyer skills?
(a) The judge.
6. What does Nate know about Snead's testimony?
(a) That it will be the death knell of Rachel's inheritance.
(b) That it has the ring of truth to it.
(c) That it has many inconsistencies.
(d) That it is either manipulated by Gettys or outright fabricated.
7. What does Nate tell Josh?
(a) He is becoming a Christian missionary.
(b) He is ready to re-join the firm.
(c) He is moving to South America.
(d) He is retiring from law.
8. What does Welly tell Valdir?
(a) That Nate and Jevy are on their way.
(b) That the Santa Loura had sunk and that Jevy and Nate's exact whereabouts were unknown.
(c) That he buried Nate in the jungle because Nate died of a snakebite.
(d) That the Santa Loura has just pulled up to the dock.
9. For whom does Nate search after he leaves the hospital?
10. What does a second letter say?
(a) It is a disposition of the will from the judge.
(b) It tells Neva of Nate and his interaction with Rachel about the will.
(c) It is from Nate saying he really needs to see Rachel because he wants to marry her.
(d) It is from Max pleading with Rachel to give up her rights to Troy's money.
11. Why does a little girl in the neighboring village die?
(a) Rachel has no antivenin for the little girl.
(b) She is torn up too badly by an alligator to be helped.
(c) She has too high a fever and dies.
(d) She is killed by accident by a hunter.
12. Why is it difficult to speak to the first Indians they encounter?
(a) They are women and children who are not allowed to speak to strangers.
(b) They do not speak any Portuguese.
(c) They speak too fast.
(d) They just stare at the men.
13. What does Nate think is the cause of his poor relationships with his family?
(b) Nate himself.
(c) His ex-wife.
(d) His demanding children.
14. What happens to the panel of three psychiatrists?
(a) They are adamant about Troy's capacity.
(b) They find themselves without a job.
(c) They recant their evaluation.
(d) They receive a huge payoff.
15. Who is trying to enlist the aid of other expert witnesses who could refute the testimony of the first panel?
(b) The family's lawyers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nate believe in his delirium?
2. What does the neighboring village chief say about the little girl's death?
3. What is Josh doing for Nate?
4. After a week of searching for Rachel, what does Nate realize?
5. Who promises the cooperation of Troy's latest mistress, Nicolette?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)