|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nate tell Josh?
(a) He is becoming a Christian missionary.
(b) He is moving to South America.
(c) He is retiring from law.
(d) He is ready to re-join the firm.
2. What does the doctor say about Nate's fever returning?
(a) It means a slower recovery.
(b) It means it has gone into hemorrhagic dengue fever.
(c) It is normal.
(d) It means death is imminent.
3. What does Rachel seem to know about Nate?
(a) That God has plans for Nate's future.
(b) That he and Rachel will marry.
(c) That he will die peacefully.
(d) That he will never be a lawyer again.
4. What does Nate hope to do with his children?
(a) Become a mentor of sorts.
(b) He is not sure.
(c) Make amends and then let them go.
(d) Gain their trust and affection.
5. What happens after Nate's fever breaks?
(a) He is flown by air ambulance to Houston.
(b) He is discharged.
(c) He dies.
(d) He stays for several more weeks.
6. Besides preaching the gospel, what does Rachel do?
(a) She teaches the people how to be civilized.
(b) She teaches the women to be feminists.
(c) She practises the tribal religion also so as to gain the trust of the people.
(d) She lives by the gospels.
7. What does Josh suggest that Nate do for Rachel?
(a) Let it go.
(b) Plead with her to at least claim her inheritance for the future.
(c) Be her lawyer and protect her interests.
(d) Marry her.
8. Who offers his services for a flat fee of five million dollars?
9. What does Hark tell the other lawyers of Troy's family?
(a) That Snead is unwilling to testify.
(b) That he thinks they should "throw in the towel."
(c) That there are two other illegitimate children wanting money.
(d) That Snead is willing to testify on their behalf.
10. Why does the lawsuit go forward?
(a) Josh insists.
(b) To preserve Troy Phelan's estate.
(c) The lawyers insist.
(d) To maintain the state-ordered deadline.
11. What does Nate notice about his IV bag?
(a) It is empty and has not been refilled.
(b) He does not notice anything about it.
(c) It has been taken by another patient.
(d) It is moldy.
12. After shooting a few holes in Snead's testimony, who does Nate go after next?
(d) Troy's last secretary.
13. How long has it been since Rachel has entered the Pantanal?
(a) 5 years.
(b) She never has.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 11 years.
14. What does Rachel sense about Nate?
(a) He is hypocritical.
(b) He lies.
(c) He is lonely.
(d) He is still quite addicted to drugs and alcohol.
15. What does Rex realize about the lawyer fees?
(a) They are incorrectly calculated.
(b) They are more than the heirs can get from the estate.
(c) They are really reasonable.
(d) They are redundant among all the lawyers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rachel refuse to do?
2. What does Rex inherit from his father, Troy?
3. Why is it difficult to speak to the first Indians they encounter?
4. Why can't Nate speak to Rachel the next day?
5. What does Rex do that his other siblings do not?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)