|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Snead not mind that his work will be difficult?
(a) He likes hard work.
(b) He is getting paid very well.
(c) He believes Troy was insane and wrong to leave his kids so little.
(d) He loves Troy's children as if they were his own.
2. What happens when the lawyers cannot dredge up anything on Rachel?
(a) They are delighted.
(b) They dredge up lots of dirt on Nate.
(c) They are very nervous.
(d) They withdraw their lawsuit.
3. How did the men of the tribe act?
(a) Suspicious at first.
(b) Quite hostile.
(c) Very friendly.
4. Who is Dr. Sabo?
(a) A friend of Nate's.
(b) A friend of Rachel's in the jungle.
(c) A internist who treated Troy for cancer.
(d) A retired psychiatrist who could be paid to say anything in a court of law.
5. Why does Nate bribe Jevy to help him leave the hospital?
(a) He is delusional.
(b) Nate is depressed by his poor state of health and the deplorable care he was receiving.
(c) He thinks Rachel will take better care of him.
(d) He is afraid they are trying to kill him.
6. Where do all waterways eventually lead in the area where Jevy and Nate are?
(a) Back to the Amazon.
(b) To Quito.
(c) Back to the Paraguay.
(d) To Chile.
7. What happens to the Santa Loura?
(a) It is stolen.
(b) It sinks in a recent storm.
(c) It is there but the motor is gone.
(d) Nothing; fortunately it was there waiting for them.
8. How is Nate's condition in this chapter?
(a) About the same as when he arrived at the hospital.
(b) Improving daily.
(c) He dies.
9. To where does Nate retreat for time to think?
(a) The Stafford family cottage on Chesapeake Bay.
(b) To a mountain retreat in Montana.
(c) The Adirondacks.
(d) A house in Nassau.
10. Why does a little girl in the neighboring village die?
(a) She is killed by accident by a hunter.
(b) She has too high a fever and dies.
(c) Rachel has no antivenin for the little girl.
(d) She is torn up too badly by an alligator to be helped.
11. Who offers his services for a flat fee of five million dollars?
12. What do all the lawyers sign?
(a) An affadavit hiring Hark.
(b) Paperwork for a loan.
(d) Nolo contendre plea.
13. What does Rachel explain to Nate?
(a) How she changed her name and becomes a missionary.
(b) Why she did not marry.
(c) Why she became a doctor.
(d) How she becomes accepted in the tribe.
14. Where does Rachel live?
(a) In a neighboring village.
(b) In the chief's old dwelling.
(c) With the women of the tribe.
(d) On the outskirts of the village.
15. Who is feared by all Troy's children for his lawyer skills?
(c) The judge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What strikes Nate about the Indian village?
2. What does Nate hope to do with his children?
3. As they are leaving the village, by what is Nate plagued?
4. What thought occurs to Nate?
5. How often does Neva communicate with Rachel?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)