|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After a week of searching for Rachel, what does Nate realize?
(a) She may no longer be in the city.
(b) She may have died as he almost did with the fever.
(c) She may be avoiding him.
(d) She may have gone on ahead of him to the States.
2. Why is it difficult to speak to the first Indians they encounter?
(a) They just stare at the men.
(b) They do not speak any Portuguese.
(c) They speak too fast.
(d) They are women and children who are not allowed to speak to strangers.
3. Why is Nate sleeping a lot?
(a) He is very ill.
(b) He likes to sleep.
(c) He is tired.
(d) There is nothing else to do.
4. What does Nate tell Josh?
(a) He is moving to South America.
(b) He is retiring from law.
(c) He is becoming a Christian missionary.
(d) He is ready to re-join the firm.
5. What happens to the panel of three psychiatrists?
(a) They find themselves without a job.
(b) They are adamant about Troy's capacity.
(c) They receive a huge payoff.
(d) They recant their evaluation.
6. What does Nate know about Snead's testimony?
(a) That it has the ring of truth to it.
(b) That it will be the death knell of Rachel's inheritance.
(c) That it has many inconsistencies.
(d) That it is either manipulated by Gettys or outright fabricated.
7. What does Mary Ross decide to do?
(a) Withdraw from the legal proceedings altogether.
(b) Fire her lawyers and join her brothers in their suit.
(c) Cozen up to Nate.
(d) Kill herself like her father.
8. Who helps Jevy find an Indian village?
(a) An old Indian chief.
(b) A young boy.
(c) A tribal elder.
9. What do Josh and the Judge review?
(a) The probate plan.
(b) The videotape of Troy's mental assessment, will signing, and plunge from the balcony.
(c) The will to see if there are any loose ends.
(d) The money each person stands to receive.
10. To where does Nate retreat for time to think?
(a) A house in Nassau.
(b) The Adirondacks.
(c) To a mountain retreat in Montana.
(d) The Stafford family cottage on Chesapeake Bay.
11. What does the doctor say about Nate's fever returning?
(a) It is normal.
(b) It means it has gone into hemorrhagic dengue fever.
(c) It means a slower recovery.
(d) It means death is imminent.
12. What does Nate tell Rachel?
(a) That he loves her.
(b) About his past.
(c) That if she doesn't claim her inheritance some very bad people will benefit.
(d) That he will forcibly take her back.
13. What does Nate hope to do with his children?
(a) Become a mentor of sorts.
(b) He is not sure.
(c) Make amends and then let them go.
(d) Gain their trust and affection.
14. Who does Josh call to find out about Nate?
(b) His South American contact, Valdir.
15. What does Hawk tell the other lawyers that makes them nervous?
(a) That Mary has joined his lawsuit.
(b) That Hawk has the judge in his pocket.
(c) That Mary has withdrawn her suit.
(d) That TJ and Mary have withdrawn their challenge.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what is Rachel content?
2. Why does Nate bribe Jevy to help him leave the hospital?
3. What does Neva find on her desk?
4. What is Josh doing for Nate?
5. What strikes Nate about the Indian village?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)