|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What strikes Nate about the Indian village?
(a) The heat.
(b) Their frenzied activity.
(c) Their slow pace.
(d) The hostility.
2. Why does the lawsuit go forward?
(a) Josh insists.
(b) To preserve Troy Phelan's estate.
(c) The lawyers insist.
(d) To maintain the state-ordered deadline.
3. What does Rex realize about the lawyer fees?
(a) They are really reasonable.
(b) They are more than the heirs can get from the estate.
(c) They are incorrectly calculated.
(d) They are redundant among all the lawyers.
4. What do Josh and the Judge review?
(a) The videotape of Troy's mental assessment, will signing, and plunge from the balcony.
(b) The probate plan.
(c) The will to see if there are any loose ends.
(d) The money each person stands to receive.
5. What happens to the panel of three psychiatrists?
(a) They recant their evaluation.
(b) They are adamant about Troy's capacity.
(c) They receive a huge payoff.
(d) They find themselves without a job.
6. How long has it been since Rachel has entered the Pantanal?
(a) 11 years.
(b) She never has.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 5 years.
7. After a week of searching for Rachel, what does Nate realize?
(a) She may have gone on ahead of him to the States.
(b) She may no longer be in the city.
(c) She may be avoiding him.
(d) She may have died as he almost did with the fever.
8. Who promises the cooperation of Troy's latest mistress, Nicolette?
9. What does a second letter say?
(a) It is from Max pleading with Rachel to give up her rights to Troy's money.
(b) It tells Neva of Nate and his interaction with Rachel about the will.
(c) It is from Nate saying he really needs to see Rachel because he wants to marry her.
(d) It is a disposition of the will from the judge.
10. Why is it difficult to speak to the first Indians they encounter?
(a) They are women and children who are not allowed to speak to strangers.
(b) They speak too fast.
(c) They do not speak any Portuguese.
(d) They just stare at the men.
11. What does Rachel explain to Nate?
(a) Why she did not marry.
(b) How she becomes accepted in the tribe.
(c) How she changed her name and becomes a missionary.
(d) Why she became a doctor.
12. What does Hark tell the other lawyers of Troy's family?
(a) That there are two other illegitimate children wanting money.
(b) That Snead is unwilling to testify.
(c) That Snead is willing to testify on their behalf.
(d) That he thinks they should "throw in the towel."
13. What does Nate probably have?
(b) Dengue fever.
(d) African Sleeping Sickness.
14. What does Welly tell Valdir?
(a) That he buried Nate in the jungle because Nate died of a snakebite.
(b) That the Santa Loura has just pulled up to the dock.
(c) That Nate and Jevy are on their way.
(d) That the Santa Loura had sunk and that Jevy and Nate's exact whereabouts were unknown.
15. What happens when the lawyers cannot dredge up anything on Rachel?
(a) They are very nervous.
(b) They are delighted.
(c) They dredge up lots of dirt on Nate.
(d) They withdraw their lawsuit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is feared by all Troy's children for his lawyer skills?
2. Why is Nate sleeping a lot?
3. What does Nate know about Snead's testimony?
4. What does Nate believe in his delirium?
5. What does Rex inherit from his father, Troy?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)