|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nate tell Josh?
(a) He is ready to re-join the firm.
(b) He is becoming a Christian missionary.
(c) He is moving to South America.
(d) He is retiring from law.
2. What happens after Nate's fever breaks?
(a) He stays for several more weeks.
(b) He dies.
(c) He is flown by air ambulance to Houston.
(d) He is discharged.
3. Where does Nate end up after leaving the hospital?
(a) On a plane back to the States.
(b) Back in the hospital.
(c) He dies in an alleyway.
(d) Under Rachel's care.
4. What does Hawk tell the other lawyers that makes them nervous?
(a) That TJ and Mary have withdrawn their challenge.
(b) That Mary has joined his lawsuit.
(c) That Mary has withdrawn her suit.
(d) That Hawk has the judge in his pocket.
5. Why can't Nate speak to Josh about Rachel?
(a) Nate is on too many painkillers.
(b) Nate is angry and will not talk to Josh.
(c) Nate is on a plane on his way back to the States.
(d) Nate has died.
6. What does Rex inherit from his father, Troy?
(a) His eyes and nose.
(b) Troy's mathematical abilities.
(c) His aggressiveness.
(d) His ability to be a peacemaker.
7. What does Josh suggest that Nate do for Rachel?
(a) Be her lawyer and protect her interests.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Let it go.
(d) Plead with her to at least claim her inheritance for the future.
8. After a week of searching for Rachel, what does Nate realize?
(a) She may have gone on ahead of him to the States.
(b) She may be avoiding him.
(c) She may have died as he almost did with the fever.
(d) She may no longer be in the city.
9. What does Hark tell the other lawyers of Troy's family?
(a) That Snead is unwilling to testify.
(b) That Snead is willing to testify on their behalf.
(c) That he thinks they should "throw in the towel."
(d) That there are two other illegitimate children wanting money.
10. What does Rachel seem to know about Nate?
(a) That he will never be a lawyer again.
(b) That God has plans for Nate's future.
(c) That he will die peacefully.
(d) That he and Rachel will marry.
11. Of what does Rex jokingly say his mother would be proud?
(a) That Rex is willing to help various charities.
(b) That the siblings are getting along together.
(c) That TJ is smart enough not to be duped.
(d) That Rex figured out the lawyer angle.
12. What does the neighboring village chief say about the little girl's death?
(a) He chides the parents for their belief in Christianity.
(b) That these things just happen in life.
(c) That it is his fault for allowing her to go into the jungle.
(d) That their bush god is punishing the parents.
13. What does Nate know about Snead's testimony?
(a) That it has the ring of truth to it.
(b) That it is either manipulated by Gettys or outright fabricated.
(c) That it has many inconsistencies.
(d) That it will be the death knell of Rachel's inheritance.
14. What happens to the panel of three psychiatrists?
(a) They are adamant about Troy's capacity.
(b) They find themselves without a job.
(c) They receive a huge payoff.
(d) They recant their evaluation.
15. What does Nate notice about his IV bag?
(a) He does not notice anything about it.
(b) It has been taken by another patient.
(c) It is empty and has not been refilled.
(d) It is moldy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nate think is the cause of his poor relationships with his family?
2. What symptoms develop in Nate?
3. What do all the lawyers sign?
4. What thought occurs to Nate?
5. What does Nate tell Rachel?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)