|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Jevy find an Indian village?
(a) A tribal elder.
(c) An old Indian chief.
(d) A young boy.
2. What does the doctor say about Nate's fever returning?
(a) It is normal.
(b) It means death is imminent.
(c) It means it has gone into hemorrhagic dengue fever.
(d) It means a slower recovery.
3. With what is Rachel content?
(a) Her practise and her radio.
(b) Knowing she can leave if necessary.
(c) Her books and medical practise.
(d) Living a simple life among the Indians and God.
4. What does Rex inherit from his father, Troy?
(a) His ability to be a peacemaker.
(b) Troy's mathematical abilities.
(c) His aggressiveness.
(d) His eyes and nose.
5. What does TJ do?
(a) Calls his mother to get her advice.
(c) Hits his brother.
(d) Fires his lawyers and adds his suit to that of Rex's.
6. What does Nate tell Josh?
(a) He is moving to South America.
(b) He is becoming a Christian missionary.
(c) He is ready to re-join the firm.
(d) He is retiring from law.
7. What does Josh suggest that Nate do for Rachel?
(a) Marry her.
(b) Be her lawyer and protect her interests.
(c) Plead with her to at least claim her inheritance for the future.
(d) Let it go.
8. What thought occurs to Nate?
(a) That Rachel might go with him to New York.
(b) That Rachel must be have crazy to live in this area.
(c) That he might decide to stay in the jungle with Rachel.
(d) That he could die in Pantanal.
9. What does Nate know about Snead's testimony?
(a) That it has the ring of truth to it.
(b) That it will be the death knell of Rachel's inheritance.
(c) That it is either manipulated by Gettys or outright fabricated.
(d) That it has many inconsistencies.
10. What does Rachel sense about Nate?
(a) He is hypocritical.
(b) He is lonely.
(c) He lies.
(d) He is still quite addicted to drugs and alcohol.
11. Where is Nate settling in nicely?
(b) A hideaway in the Adirondacks.
(c) In a penthouse in Manhatten.
(d) St. Michaels.
12. Why can't Nate speak to Rachel the next day?
(a) She refused to speak with him.
(b) She is bitten by a poisonous snake and dies.
(c) She has to go to a neighboring village.
(d) She sneaks away from the village.
13. How long has it been since Rachel has entered the Pantanal?
(a) 11 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) She never has.
14. What does Nate think is the cause of his poor relationships with his family?
(b) His demanding children.
(c) His ex-wife.
(d) Nate himself.
15. Why does a little girl in the neighboring village die?
(a) She is killed by accident by a hunter.
(b) She has too high a fever and dies.
(c) She is torn up too badly by an alligator to be helped.
(d) Rachel has no antivenin for the little girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Nate's condition in this chapter?
2. Why does Snead not mind that his work will be difficult?
3. As they are leaving the village, by what is Nate plagued?
4. What do the lawyers do in the mock testimony with Sneads?
5. Why can't Nate speak to Josh about Rachel?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)