|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rachel refuse to do?
(a) Sign the papers.
(b) Be left out of her inheritance.
(c) Stay in the village.
(d) Nothing; she is totally cooperative.
2. What does Nate probably have?
(a) African Sleeping Sickness.
(d) Dengue fever.
3. Why can't Nate speak to Rachel the next day?
(a) She has to go to a neighboring village.
(b) She refused to speak with him.
(c) She is bitten by a poisonous snake and dies.
(d) She sneaks away from the village.
4. Who has Rachel herself baptized?
(a) A little girl bitten by a poisonous snake.
(b) The village chief.
(c) Most of the tribe in the neighboring village.
(d) The chief's wife in the neighboring village.
5. What do the lawyers do in the mock testimony with Sneads?
(a) Feed him lies.
(b) Realize he will do them no good.
(c) Tell him to tell the absolute truth.
6. Why is Jevy in a hurry to get back to the city?
(a) His wife is having a baby.
(b) His wife is expecting him.
(c) He craves alcohol.
(d) To get Nate to a hospital as quickly as possible.
7. Who does Josh call to find out about Nate?
(d) His South American contact, Valdir.
8. What do Josh and the Judge review?
(a) The probate plan.
(b) The videotape of Troy's mental assessment, will signing, and plunge from the balcony.
(c) The will to see if there are any loose ends.
(d) The money each person stands to receive.
9. Why does a little girl in the neighboring village die?
(a) She is torn up too badly by an alligator to be helped.
(b) She has too high a fever and dies.
(c) She is killed by accident by a hunter.
(d) Rachel has no antivenin for the little girl.
10. Why does Nate bribe Jevy to help him leave the hospital?
(a) He is afraid they are trying to kill him.
(b) He thinks Rachel will take better care of him.
(c) He is delusional.
(d) Nate is depressed by his poor state of health and the deplorable care he was receiving.
11. Who helps Jevy find an Indian village?
(a) A young boy.
(b) An old Indian chief.
(d) A tribal elder.
12. To whom does Rex first tell his discovery about the lawyers?
(b) Thomas Jester.
13. For whom does Nate search after he leaves the hospital?
14. As they are leaving the village, by what is Nate plagued?
(a) Headache and achy joints.
(c) Withdrawal symptoms.
(d) Irrational fears.
15. What is Josh doing while Nate is trying to convince Rachel to look at the papers?
(b) "Courting" the other family members to get them to accept the will.
(c) Tying up the loose ends about the will.
(d) Laying out a probate plan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nate notice about the paint in the hospital?
2. Who offers his services for a flat fee of five million dollars?
3. What does Nate notice about his IV bag?
4. Where does Rachel live?
5. What is Josh doing for Nate?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)