|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the problem when Nate is admitted to the hospital for the second time?
(a) The doctor won't treat him since he left the hospital AMA.
(b) He is in a coma.
(c) There are no rooms available.
(d) There are no more antibiotic IV drugs.
2. Why does Snead not mind that his work will be difficult?
(a) He is getting paid very well.
(b) He believes Troy was insane and wrong to leave his kids so little.
(c) He likes hard work.
(d) He loves Troy's children as if they were his own.
3. What does Rex realize about the lawyer fees?
(a) They are incorrectly calculated.
(b) They are really reasonable.
(c) They are redundant among all the lawyers.
(d) They are more than the heirs can get from the estate.
4. Where does Nate end up after leaving the hospital?
(a) He dies in an alleyway.
(b) Under Rachel's care.
(c) On a plane back to the States.
(d) Back in the hospital.
5. Why does the lawsuit go forward?
(a) To preserve Troy Phelan's estate.
(b) To maintain the state-ordered deadline.
(c) The lawyers insist.
(d) Josh insists.
6. How did the men of the tribe act?
(a) Suspicious at first.
(b) Quite hostile.
(d) Very friendly.
7. What do Josh and the Judge review?
(a) The videotape of Troy's mental assessment, will signing, and plunge from the balcony.
(b) The money each person stands to receive.
(c) The probate plan.
(d) The will to see if there are any loose ends.
8. What does Neva find on her desk?
(a) A large envelope addressed to Rachel.
(c) A large envelope addressed to Nate.
(d) Two envelopes; one addressed to her and one to Nate.
9. What does Nate tell Josh?
(a) He is moving to South America.
(b) He is retiring from law.
(c) He is ready to re-join the firm.
(d) He is becoming a Christian missionary.
10. What does Nate notice about the paint in the hospital?
(a) It is stark white.
(b) It is multicolored.
(c) It is peeling.
(d) It is a lime green.
11. What does Rex inherit from his father, Troy?
(a) His ability to be a peacemaker.
(b) His aggressiveness.
(c) Troy's mathematical abilities.
(d) His eyes and nose.
12. What happens to the Santa Loura?
(a) It sinks in a recent storm.
(b) Nothing; fortunately it was there waiting for them.
(c) It is stolen.
(d) It is there but the motor is gone.
13. What does Rachel sense about Nate?
(a) He is lonely.
(b) He lies.
(c) He is still quite addicted to drugs and alcohol.
(d) He is hypocritical.
14. What do all the lawyers sign?
(b) Nolo contendre plea.
(c) An affadavit hiring Hark.
(d) Paperwork for a loan.
15. Who has Rachel herself baptized?
(a) The village chief.
(b) Most of the tribe in the neighboring village.
(c) The chief's wife in the neighboring village.
(d) A little girl bitten by a poisonous snake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who promises the cooperation of Troy's latest mistress, Nicolette?
2. Where is Nate settling in nicely?
3. Why is Nate sleeping a lot?
4. Why does Nate bribe Jevy to help him leave the hospital?
5. What does Nate hope to do with his children?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)