|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Rachel and Nate do together?
(d) Look at patients.
2. Who helps Jevy find an Indian village?
(a) A tribal elder.
(b) An old Indian chief.
(c) A young boy.
3. What does Nate think is the cause of his poor relationships with his family?
(a) His ex-wife.
(b) Nate himself.
(c) His demanding children.
4. What does Nate tell Rachel?
(a) About his past.
(b) That he will forcibly take her back.
(c) That he loves her.
(d) That if she doesn't claim her inheritance some very bad people will benefit.
5. What does Nate offer to do for Rachel?
(a) Set up a trust for her.
(b) To pay for any more supplies she might need.
(c) To come get her to go back to the States.
(d) Represent her.
6. Who is Dr. Sabo?
(a) A friend of Rachel's in the jungle.
(b) A internist who treated Troy for cancer.
(c) A friend of Nate's.
(d) A retired psychiatrist who could be paid to say anything in a court of law.
7. What does Nate notice about the paint in the hospital?
(a) It is multicolored.
(b) It is peeling.
(c) It is a lime green.
(d) It is stark white.
8. What does the neighboring village chief say about the little girl's death?
(a) That these things just happen in life.
(b) That their bush god is punishing the parents.
(c) That it is his fault for allowing her to go into the jungle.
(d) He chides the parents for their belief in Christianity.
9. What happens to the panel of three psychiatrists?
(a) They recant their evaluation.
(b) They find themselves without a job.
(c) They are adamant about Troy's capacity.
(d) They receive a huge payoff.
10. With what is Rachel content?
(a) Her books and medical practise.
(b) Knowing she can leave if necessary.
(c) Her practise and her radio.
(d) Living a simple life among the Indians and God.
11. Why does the lawsuit go forward?
(a) To preserve Troy Phelan's estate.
(b) Josh insists.
(c) To maintain the state-ordered deadline.
(d) The lawyers insist.
12. What symptoms develop in Nate?
(a) Irrational anger.
(b) Foaming at the mouth.
(c) A high fever, chills, and delirium.
(d) Aching bones.
13. Who has Rachel herself baptized?
(a) The village chief.
(b) Most of the tribe in the neighboring village.
(c) A little girl bitten by a poisonous snake.
(d) The chief's wife in the neighboring village.
14. Where is Nate drawn as he wanders the city?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A bar.
(c) A school.
(d) A church.
15. How often does Neva communicate with Rachel?
(a) Every other month.
(c) Twice a month.
(d) Once a year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rex do that his other siblings do not?
2. For whom does Nate search after he leaves the hospital?
3. After a week of searching for Rachel, what does Nate realize?
4. What does Nate tell Josh?
5. What does TJ do?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)