|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what is Rachel content?
(a) Living a simple life among the Indians and God.
(b) Knowing she can leave if necessary.
(c) Her books and medical practise.
(d) Her practise and her radio.
2. What does Hawk tell the other lawyers that makes them nervous?
(a) That Hawk has the judge in his pocket.
(b) That Mary has joined his lawsuit.
(c) That Mary has withdrawn her suit.
(d) That TJ and Mary have withdrawn their challenge.
3. Who helps Jevy find an Indian village?
(b) An old Indian chief.
(c) A tribal elder.
(d) A young boy.
4. What does Rex do that his other siblings do not?
(a) Write to Rachel.
(b) Include his mother in the lawsuit.
(c) Buy in on the company's stocks.
(d) Reviews the paperwork from the lawyers.
5. What does Rachel seem to know about Nate?
(a) That he and Rachel will marry.
(b) That he will never be a lawyer again.
(c) That he will die peacefully.
(d) That God has plans for Nate's future.
6. What does Nate notice about his IV bag?
(a) It is moldy.
(b) He does not notice anything about it.
(c) It has been taken by another patient.
(d) It is empty and has not been refilled.
7. What does a second letter say?
(a) It is from Max pleading with Rachel to give up her rights to Troy's money.
(b) It is a disposition of the will from the judge.
(c) It tells Neva of Nate and his interaction with Rachel about the will.
(d) It is from Nate saying he really needs to see Rachel because he wants to marry her.
8. How often does Neva communicate with Rachel?
(b) Twice a month.
(c) Once a year.
(d) Every other month.
9. Besides preaching the gospel, what does Rachel do?
(a) She practises the tribal religion also so as to gain the trust of the people.
(b) She teaches the people how to be civilized.
(c) She lives by the gospels.
(d) She teaches the women to be feminists.
10. How is Nate's condition in this chapter?
(b) Improving daily.
(c) About the same as when he arrived at the hospital.
(d) He dies.
11. What is Josh doing for Nate?
(a) Giving him a generous percentage of the lawyer fees.
(b) Cleaning up Nate's obligations so he can retire with dignity.
(c) Recommending him for a partnership.
(d) Advising him about investments so he can retire comfortably.
12. What does Mary Ross decide to do?
(a) Cozen up to Nate.
(b) Kill herself like her father.
(c) Fire her lawyers and join her brothers in their suit.
(d) Withdraw from the legal proceedings altogether.
13. How did the men of the tribe act?
(a) Very friendly.
(b) Suspicious at first.
(c) Quite hostile.
14. What happens to the Santa Loura?
(a) Nothing; fortunately it was there waiting for them.
(b) It is there but the motor is gone.
(c) It sinks in a recent storm.
(d) It is stolen.
15. Who has Rachel herself baptized?
(a) The village chief.
(b) The chief's wife in the neighboring village.
(c) A little girl bitten by a poisonous snake.
(d) Most of the tribe in the neighboring village.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nate think is the cause of his poor relationships with his family?
2. For whom does Nate search after he leaves the hospital?
3. Where is Nate settling in nicely?
4. What symptoms develop in Nate?
5. Why can't Nate speak to Josh about Rachel?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)