|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nate notice about the paint in the hospital?
(a) It is a lime green.
(b) It is multicolored.
(c) It is peeling.
(d) It is stark white.
2. What does Rachel sense about Nate?
(a) He is still quite addicted to drugs and alcohol.
(b) He is hypocritical.
(c) He is lonely.
(d) He lies.
3. How long has it been since Rachel has entered the Pantanal?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 11 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) She never has.
4. What does Nate know about Snead's testimony?
(a) That it has the ring of truth to it.
(b) That it has many inconsistencies.
(c) That it is either manipulated by Gettys or outright fabricated.
(d) That it will be the death knell of Rachel's inheritance.
5. To whom does Rex first tell his discovery about the lawyers?
(b) Thomas Jester.
6. Which of Nate's children refuses to see him?
(d) Austin and Angela.
7. What does Nate notice about his IV bag?
(a) It has been taken by another patient.
(b) He does not notice anything about it.
(c) It is empty and has not been refilled.
(d) It is moldy.
8. Who offers his services for a flat fee of five million dollars?
9. What does TJ do?
(a) Hits his brother.
(b) Fires his lawyers and adds his suit to that of Rex's.
(d) Calls his mother to get her advice.
10. How is Nate's condition in this chapter?
(a) He dies.
(b) Improving daily.
(d) About the same as when he arrived at the hospital.
11. What does Rex do that his other siblings do not?
(a) Write to Rachel.
(b) Reviews the paperwork from the lawyers.
(c) Include his mother in the lawsuit.
(d) Buy in on the company's stocks.
12. Why does a little girl in the neighboring village die?
(a) She has too high a fever and dies.
(b) She is killed by accident by a hunter.
(c) Rachel has no antivenin for the little girl.
(d) She is torn up too badly by an alligator to be helped.
13. What does Josh suggest that Nate do for Rachel?
(a) Marry her.
(b) Let it go.
(c) Plead with her to at least claim her inheritance for the future.
(d) Be her lawyer and protect her interests.
14. What does Nate believe in his delirium?
(a) That Jesis visits him.
(b) That Rachel visits him.
(c) That he is in hell.
(d) That Josh is there.
15. Of what does Rex jokingly say his mother would be proud?
(a) That Rex figured out the lawyer angle.
(b) That TJ is smart enough not to be duped.
(c) That the siblings are getting along together.
(d) That Rex is willing to help various charities.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Welly tell Valdir?
2. What does Nate hope to do with his children?
3. Why is Nate sleeping a lot?
4. What do Josh and the Judge review?
5. Why does Snead not mind that his work will be difficult?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)