|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Jevy find an Indian village?
(a) An old Indian chief.
(c) A young boy.
(d) A tribal elder.
2. What does Nate notice about the paint in the hospital?
(a) It is multicolored.
(b) It is a lime green.
(c) It is peeling.
(d) It is stark white.
3. Of what does Rex jokingly say his mother would be proud?
(a) That TJ is smart enough not to be duped.
(b) That Rex is willing to help various charities.
(c) That the siblings are getting along together.
(d) That Rex figured out the lawyer angle.
4. What happens when the lawyers cannot dredge up anything on Rachel?
(a) They are delighted.
(b) They are very nervous.
(c) They dredge up lots of dirt on Nate.
(d) They withdraw their lawsuit.
5. Why does the lawsuit go forward?
(a) To maintain the state-ordered deadline.
(b) Josh insists.
(c) The lawyers insist.
(d) To preserve Troy Phelan's estate.
6. Who does Josh call to find out about Nate?
(d) His South American contact, Valdir.
7. Where is Nate settling in nicely?
(b) A hideaway in the Adirondacks.
(c) St. Michaels.
(d) In a penthouse in Manhatten.
8. Why is it difficult to speak to the first Indians they encounter?
(a) They just stare at the men.
(b) They speak too fast.
(c) They do not speak any Portuguese.
(d) They are women and children who are not allowed to speak to strangers.
9. Who has Rachel herself baptized?
(a) The chief's wife in the neighboring village.
(b) Most of the tribe in the neighboring village.
(c) A little girl bitten by a poisonous snake.
(d) The village chief.
10. With what is Rachel content?
(a) Knowing she can leave if necessary.
(b) Her practise and her radio.
(c) Living a simple life among the Indians and God.
(d) Her books and medical practise.
11. What does Rachel seem to know about Nate?
(a) That God has plans for Nate's future.
(b) That he and Rachel will marry.
(c) That he will never be a lawyer again.
(d) That he will die peacefully.
12. What does Nate think is the cause of his poor relationships with his family?
(a) His demanding children.
(b) Nate himself.
(c) His ex-wife.
13. To whom does Rex first tell his discovery about the lawyers?
(b) Thomas Jester.
14. What strikes Nate about the Indian village?
(a) The hostility.
(b) Their frenzied activity.
(c) Their slow pace.
(d) The heat.
15. What does Rex realize about the lawyer fees?
(a) They are incorrectly calculated.
(b) They are redundant among all the lawyers.
(c) They are really reasonable.
(d) They are more than the heirs can get from the estate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Rachel live?
2. What does Hawk tell the other lawyers that makes them nervous?
3. Besides preaching the gospel, what does Rachel do?
4. For whom does Nate search after he leaves the hospital?
5. Why does Nate bribe Jevy to help him leave the hospital?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)