|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Rachel and Nate do together?
(a) Look at patients.
2. Why can't Nate speak to Rachel the next day?
(a) She refused to speak with him.
(b) She sneaks away from the village.
(c) She has to go to a neighboring village.
(d) She is bitten by a poisonous snake and dies.
3. Who is Dr. Sabo?
(a) A friend of Nate's.
(b) A friend of Rachel's in the jungle.
(c) A internist who treated Troy for cancer.
(d) A retired psychiatrist who could be paid to say anything in a court of law.
4. How did the men of the tribe act?
(b) Suspicious at first.
(c) Quite hostile.
(d) Very friendly.
5. What does the doctor say about Nate's fever returning?
(a) It means a slower recovery.
(b) It means it has gone into hemorrhagic dengue fever.
(c) It is normal.
(d) It means death is imminent.
6. What do Josh and the Judge review?
(a) The will to see if there are any loose ends.
(b) The money each person stands to receive.
(c) The videotape of Troy's mental assessment, will signing, and plunge from the balcony.
(d) The probate plan.
7. Who is feared by all Troy's children for his lawyer skills?
(b) The judge.
8. Where does Nate end up after leaving the hospital?
(a) Under Rachel's care.
(b) He dies in an alleyway.
(c) On a plane back to the States.
(d) Back in the hospital.
9. Besides preaching the gospel, what does Rachel do?
(a) She practises the tribal religion also so as to gain the trust of the people.
(b) She teaches the women to be feminists.
(c) She lives by the gospels.
(d) She teaches the people how to be civilized.
10. Why is Jevy in a hurry to get back to the city?
(a) He craves alcohol.
(b) His wife is expecting him.
(c) His wife is having a baby.
(d) To get Nate to a hospital as quickly as possible.
11. What does Hark tell the other lawyers of Troy's family?
(a) That there are two other illegitimate children wanting money.
(b) That he thinks they should "throw in the towel."
(c) That Snead is willing to testify on their behalf.
(d) That Snead is unwilling to testify.
12. What does Hawk tell the other lawyers that makes them nervous?
(a) That Hawk has the judge in his pocket.
(b) That Mary has joined his lawsuit.
(c) That Mary has withdrawn her suit.
(d) That TJ and Mary have withdrawn their challenge.
13. Why does the lawsuit go forward?
(a) The lawyers insist.
(b) To preserve Troy Phelan's estate.
(c) To maintain the state-ordered deadline.
(d) Josh insists.
14. What is the problem when Nate is admitted to the hospital for the second time?
(a) He is in a coma.
(b) There are no rooms available.
(c) The doctor won't treat him since he left the hospital AMA.
(d) There are no more antibiotic IV drugs.
15. What is Josh doing while Nate is trying to convince Rachel to look at the papers?
(b) "Courting" the other family members to get them to accept the will.
(c) Laying out a probate plan.
(d) Tying up the loose ends about the will.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Josh suggest that Nate do for Rachel?
2. What strikes Nate about the Indian village?
3. What does Rachel sense about Nate?
4. How often does Neva communicate with Rachel?
5. What does Rex do that his other siblings do not?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)