|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has it been since Rachel has entered the Pantanal?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 1 year.
(c) She never has.
(d) 11 years.
2. Why does Snead not mind that his work will be difficult?
(a) He is getting paid very well.
(b) He believes Troy was insane and wrong to leave his kids so little.
(c) He likes hard work.
(d) He loves Troy's children as if they were his own.
3. Why does the lawsuit go forward?
(a) The lawyers insist.
(b) Josh insists.
(c) To maintain the state-ordered deadline.
(d) To preserve Troy Phelan's estate.
4. What does Nate notice about the paint in the hospital?
(a) It is stark white.
(b) It is a lime green.
(c) It is multicolored.
(d) It is peeling.
5. Where does Rachel live?
(a) On the outskirts of the village.
(b) With the women of the tribe.
(c) In the chief's old dwelling.
(d) In a neighboring village.
6. What does Rex realize about the lawyer fees?
(a) They are really reasonable.
(b) They are redundant among all the lawyers.
(c) They are incorrectly calculated.
(d) They are more than the heirs can get from the estate.
7. What does Nate tell Josh?
(a) He is moving to South America.
(b) He is becoming a Christian missionary.
(c) He is retiring from law.
(d) He is ready to re-join the firm.
8. What symptoms develop in Nate?
(a) Aching bones.
(b) Irrational anger.
(c) Foaming at the mouth.
(d) A high fever, chills, and delirium.
9. What happens to the Santa Loura?
(a) Nothing; fortunately it was there waiting for them.
(b) It sinks in a recent storm.
(c) It is there but the motor is gone.
(d) It is stolen.
10. What happens after Nate's fever breaks?
(a) He stays for several more weeks.
(b) He is discharged.
(c) He is flown by air ambulance to Houston.
(d) He dies.
11. How often does Neva communicate with Rachel?
(a) Once a year.
(c) Twice a month.
(d) Every other month.
12. What does Nate probably have?
(c) African Sleeping Sickness.
(d) Dengue fever.
13. What does Nate confide to Phil?
(a) That his children all miss him.
(b) That he wants to marry Rachel more than anything in the world.
(c) That he wants to see his children and make amends.
(d) That he missing the excitement of law.
14. What does Nate offer to do for Rachel?
(a) Set up a trust for her.
(b) To come get her to go back to the States.
(c) To pay for any more supplies she might need.
(d) Represent her.
15. What does Neva find on her desk?
(a) A large envelope addressed to Nate.
(c) Two envelopes; one addressed to her and one to Nate.
(d) A large envelope addressed to Rachel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Nate's children refuses to see him?
2. Why is it difficult to speak to the first Indians they encounter?
3. What do the lawyers do in the mock testimony with Sneads?
4. What does Rachel refuse to do?
5. What does Josh suggest that Nate do for Rachel?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)