|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Nate's condition in this chapter?
(a) He dies.
(b) About the same as when he arrived at the hospital.
(d) Improving daily.
2. What does Nate know about Snead's testimony?
(a) That it has many inconsistencies.
(b) That it has the ring of truth to it.
(c) That it will be the death knell of Rachel's inheritance.
(d) That it is either manipulated by Gettys or outright fabricated.
3. How often does Neva communicate with Rachel?
(a) Twice a month.
(b) Every other month.
(c) Once a year.
4. Why can't Nate speak to Josh about Rachel?
(a) Nate is on a plane on his way back to the States.
(b) Nate is on too many painkillers.
(c) Nate has died.
(d) Nate is angry and will not talk to Josh.
5. What does the neighboring village chief say about the little girl's death?
(a) That these things just happen in life.
(b) He chides the parents for their belief in Christianity.
(c) That it is his fault for allowing her to go into the jungle.
(d) That their bush god is punishing the parents.
6. Where does Rachel live?
(a) In the chief's old dwelling.
(b) With the women of the tribe.
(c) On the outskirts of the village.
(d) In a neighboring village.
7. With what is Rachel content?
(a) Her practise and her radio.
(b) Living a simple life among the Indians and God.
(c) Knowing she can leave if necessary.
(d) Her books and medical practise.
8. What happens when the lawyers cannot dredge up anything on Rachel?
(a) They are delighted.
(b) They withdraw their lawsuit.
(c) They are very nervous.
(d) They dredge up lots of dirt on Nate.
9. What does Rachel explain to Nate?
(a) Why she became a doctor.
(b) Why she did not marry.
(c) How she becomes accepted in the tribe.
(d) How she changed her name and becomes a missionary.
10. Who promises the cooperation of Troy's latest mistress, Nicolette?
11. What does Neva find on her desk?
(a) A large envelope addressed to Nate.
(c) Two envelopes; one addressed to her and one to Nate.
(d) A large envelope addressed to Rachel.
12. What does TJ do?
(a) Fires his lawyers and adds his suit to that of Rex's.
(b) Hits his brother.
(c) Calls his mother to get her advice.
13. Who is trying to enlist the aid of other expert witnesses who could refute the testimony of the first panel?
(d) The family's lawyers.
14. What does Rex do that his other siblings do not?
(a) Include his mother in the lawsuit.
(b) Buy in on the company's stocks.
(c) Write to Rachel.
(d) Reviews the paperwork from the lawyers.
15. How long has it been since Rachel has entered the Pantanal?
(a) 11 years.
(b) She never has.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 1 year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What strikes Nate about the Indian village?
2. Where is Nate settling in nicely?
3. What symptoms develop in Nate?
4. Where do all waterways eventually lead in the area where Jevy and Nate are?
5. What do Josh and the Judge review?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)