|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Nate end up after leaving the hospital?
(a) Under Rachel's care.
(b) Back in the hospital.
(c) He dies in an alleyway.
(d) On a plane back to the States.
2. What does Nate probably have?
(a) African Sleeping Sickness.
(c) Dengue fever.
3. What do the lawyers do in the mock testimony with Sneads?
(a) Tell him to tell the absolute truth.
(c) Feed him lies.
(d) Realize he will do them no good.
4. What does Rachel sense about Nate?
(a) He is hypocritical.
(b) He lies.
(c) He is still quite addicted to drugs and alcohol.
(d) He is lonely.
5. What does Welly tell Valdir?
(a) That he buried Nate in the jungle because Nate died of a snakebite.
(b) That the Santa Loura had sunk and that Jevy and Nate's exact whereabouts were unknown.
(c) That Nate and Jevy are on their way.
(d) That the Santa Loura has just pulled up to the dock.
6. Why is Jevy in a hurry to get back to the city?
(a) To get Nate to a hospital as quickly as possible.
(b) His wife is expecting him.
(c) He craves alcohol.
(d) His wife is having a baby.
7. Where do all waterways eventually lead in the area where Jevy and Nate are?
(a) Back to the Paraguay.
(b) To Quito.
(c) Back to the Amazon.
(d) To Chile.
8. How did the men of the tribe act?
(a) Suspicious at first.
(b) Quite hostile.
(d) Very friendly.
9. What is Josh doing for Nate?
(a) Cleaning up Nate's obligations so he can retire with dignity.
(b) Advising him about investments so he can retire comfortably.
(c) Giving him a generous percentage of the lawyer fees.
(d) Recommending him for a partnership.
10. Why can't Nate speak to Josh about Rachel?
(a) Nate is angry and will not talk to Josh.
(b) Nate is on a plane on his way back to the States.
(c) Nate has died.
(d) Nate is on too many painkillers.
11. What does Nate tell Josh?
(a) He is retiring from law.
(b) He is becoming a Christian missionary.
(c) He is ready to re-join the firm.
(d) He is moving to South America.
12. Who offers his services for a flat fee of five million dollars?
13. What does Nate notice about the paint in the hospital?
(a) It is peeling.
(b) It is multicolored.
(c) It is a lime green.
(d) It is stark white.
14. What do Rachel and Nate do together?
(d) Look at patients.
15. Which of Nate's children refuses to see him?
(c) Austin and Angela.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Neva find on her desk?
2. Who is trying to enlist the aid of other expert witnesses who could refute the testimony of the first panel?
3. What does Rex realize about the lawyer fees?
4. After shooting a few holes in Snead's testimony, who does Nate go after next?
5. Why does Snead not mind that his work will be difficult?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)