|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary Ross decide to do?
(a) Kill herself like her father.
(b) Withdraw from the legal proceedings altogether.
(c) Fire her lawyers and join her brothers in their suit.
(d) Cozen up to Nate.
2. Where is Nate drawn as he wanders the city?
(a) A bar.
(b) A church.
(c) A school.
(d) A hospital.
3. Why does a little girl in the neighboring village die?
(a) She has too high a fever and dies.
(b) Rachel has no antivenin for the little girl.
(c) She is killed by accident by a hunter.
(d) She is torn up too badly by an alligator to be helped.
4. Who is Dr. Sabo?
(a) A friend of Nate's.
(b) A internist who treated Troy for cancer.
(c) A friend of Rachel's in the jungle.
(d) A retired psychiatrist who could be paid to say anything in a court of law.
5. What does Nate probably have?
(a) Dengue fever.
(d) African Sleeping Sickness.
6. What does Nate offer to do for Rachel?
(a) To pay for any more supplies she might need.
(b) Represent her.
(c) To come get her to go back to the States.
(d) Set up a trust for her.
7. What happens to the panel of three psychiatrists?
(a) They find themselves without a job.
(b) They recant their evaluation.
(c) They are adamant about Troy's capacity.
(d) They receive a huge payoff.
8. What is Josh doing while Nate is trying to convince Rachel to look at the papers?
(b) "Courting" the other family members to get them to accept the will.
(c) Laying out a probate plan.
(d) Tying up the loose ends about the will.
9. Who promises the cooperation of Troy's latest mistress, Nicolette?
10. Where is Nate settling in nicely?
(a) In a penthouse in Manhatten.
(b) A hideaway in the Adirondacks.
(d) St. Michaels.
11. Why can't Nate speak to Josh about Rachel?
(a) Nate is on a plane on his way back to the States.
(b) Nate has died.
(c) Nate is on too many painkillers.
(d) Nate is angry and will not talk to Josh.
12. What do Rachel and Nate do together?
(b) Look at patients.
13. How long has it been since Rachel has entered the Pantanal?
(a) 1 year.
(b) She never has.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 11 years.
14. What does Rex do that his other siblings do not?
(a) Include his mother in the lawsuit.
(b) Buy in on the company's stocks.
(c) Write to Rachel.
(d) Reviews the paperwork from the lawyers.
15. What does Nate tell Rachel?
(a) That he will forcibly take her back.
(b) About his past.
(c) That if she doesn't claim her inheritance some very bad people will benefit.
(d) That he loves her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the Santa Loura?
2. Where do all waterways eventually lead in the area where Jevy and Nate are?
3. How is Nate's condition in this chapter?
4. What does Hawk tell the other lawyers that makes them nervous?
5. What does Rachel sense about Nate?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)