|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Josh suggest that Nate do for Rachel?
(a) Let it go.
(b) Be her lawyer and protect her interests.
(c) Plead with her to at least claim her inheritance for the future.
(d) Marry her.
2. Who has Rachel herself baptized?
(a) The village chief.
(b) Most of the tribe in the neighboring village.
(c) A little girl bitten by a poisonous snake.
(d) The chief's wife in the neighboring village.
3. Why does Snead not mind that his work will be difficult?
(a) He is getting paid very well.
(b) He likes hard work.
(c) He believes Troy was insane and wrong to leave his kids so little.
(d) He loves Troy's children as if they were his own.
4. What does Nate hope to do with his children?
(a) He is not sure.
(b) Become a mentor of sorts.
(c) Gain their trust and affection.
(d) Make amends and then let them go.
5. What do Josh and the Judge review?
(a) The money each person stands to receive.
(b) The videotape of Troy's mental assessment, will signing, and plunge from the balcony.
(c) The probate plan.
(d) The will to see if there are any loose ends.
6. Who is trying to enlist the aid of other expert witnesses who could refute the testimony of the first panel?
(b) The family's lawyers.
7. How long has it been since Rachel has entered the Pantanal?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 5 years.
(c) She never has.
(d) 11 years.
8. What does Nate probably have?
(a) Dengue fever.
(d) African Sleeping Sickness.
9. How is Nate's condition in this chapter?
(b) Improving daily.
(c) He dies.
(d) About the same as when he arrived at the hospital.
10. Who offers his services for a flat fee of five million dollars?
11. Why is Jevy in a hurry to get back to the city?
(a) His wife is expecting him.
(b) His wife is having a baby.
(c) To get Nate to a hospital as quickly as possible.
(d) He craves alcohol.
12. Where is Nate settling in nicely?
(a) A hideaway in the Adirondacks.
(c) St. Michaels.
(d) In a penthouse in Manhatten.
13. Where does Nate end up after leaving the hospital?
(a) He dies in an alleyway.
(b) Back in the hospital.
(c) Under Rachel's care.
(d) On a plane back to the States.
14. Who promises the cooperation of Troy's latest mistress, Nicolette?
15. What thought occurs to Nate?
(a) That he could die in Pantanal.
(b) That Rachel might go with him to New York.
(c) That he might decide to stay in the jungle with Rachel.
(d) That Rachel must be have crazy to live in this area.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rachel refuse to do?
2. What do Rachel and Nate do together?
3. Where do all waterways eventually lead in the area where Jevy and Nate are?
4. Which of Nate's children refuses to see him?
5. What happens to the panel of three psychiatrists?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)