|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when the lawyers cannot dredge up anything on Rachel?
(a) They are very nervous.
(b) They withdraw their lawsuit.
(c) They dredge up lots of dirt on Nate.
(d) They are delighted.
2. After shooting a few holes in Snead's testimony, who does Nate go after next?
(b) Troy's last secretary.
3. With what is Rachel content?
(a) Her practise and her radio.
(b) Living a simple life among the Indians and God.
(c) Her books and medical practise.
(d) Knowing she can leave if necessary.
4. What happens after Nate's fever breaks?
(a) He stays for several more weeks.
(b) He is discharged.
(c) He dies.
(d) He is flown by air ambulance to Houston.
5. Who is feared by all Troy's children for his lawyer skills?
(d) The judge.
6. Which of Nate's children refuses to see him?
(c) Austin and Angela.
7. To where does Nate retreat for time to think?
(a) The Adirondacks.
(b) The Stafford family cottage on Chesapeake Bay.
(c) To a mountain retreat in Montana.
(d) A house in Nassau.
8. For whom does Nate search after he leaves the hospital?
9. What is Josh doing while Nate is trying to convince Rachel to look at the papers?
(b) Laying out a probate plan.
(c) "Courting" the other family members to get them to accept the will.
(d) Tying up the loose ends about the will.
10. What does Nate tell Josh?
(a) He is ready to re-join the firm.
(b) He is retiring from law.
(c) He is moving to South America.
(d) He is becoming a Christian missionary.
11. How did the men of the tribe act?
(a) Very friendly.
(c) Quite hostile.
(d) Suspicious at first.
12. To whom does Rex first tell his discovery about the lawyers?
(b) Thomas Jester.
13. What does Rachel seem to know about Nate?
(a) That God has plans for Nate's future.
(b) That he and Rachel will marry.
(c) That he will never be a lawyer again.
(d) That he will die peacefully.
14. Where do all waterways eventually lead in the area where Jevy and Nate are?
(a) To Quito.
(b) Back to the Amazon.
(c) To Chile.
(d) Back to the Paraguay.
15. What does Nate notice about his IV bag?
(a) It is moldy.
(b) It is empty and has not been refilled.
(c) It has been taken by another patient.
(d) He does not notice anything about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the doctor say about Nate's fever returning?
2. How is Nate's condition in this chapter?
3. What does Hawk tell the other lawyers that makes them nervous?
4. Besides preaching the gospel, what does Rachel do?
5. What is Josh doing for Nate?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)