|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Welly tell Valdir?
(a) That he buried Nate in the jungle because Nate died of a snakebite.
(b) That the Santa Loura has just pulled up to the dock.
(c) That the Santa Loura had sunk and that Jevy and Nate's exact whereabouts were unknown.
(d) That Nate and Jevy are on their way.
2. How did the men of the tribe act?
(b) Very friendly.
(c) Suspicious at first.
(d) Quite hostile.
3. With what is Rachel content?
(a) Knowing she can leave if necessary.
(b) Living a simple life among the Indians and God.
(c) Her practise and her radio.
(d) Her books and medical practise.
4. What symptoms develop in Nate?
(a) Aching bones.
(b) A high fever, chills, and delirium.
(c) Foaming at the mouth.
(d) Irrational anger.
5. What does Rex realize about the lawyer fees?
(a) They are incorrectly calculated.
(b) They are redundant among all the lawyers.
(c) They are really reasonable.
(d) They are more than the heirs can get from the estate.
6. What happens when the lawyers cannot dredge up anything on Rachel?
(a) They withdraw their lawsuit.
(b) They are very nervous.
(c) They dredge up lots of dirt on Nate.
(d) They are delighted.
7. Who is trying to enlist the aid of other expert witnesses who could refute the testimony of the first panel?
(c) The family's lawyers.
8. For whom does Nate search after he leaves the hospital?
9. Where does Nate end up after leaving the hospital?
(a) Under Rachel's care.
(b) Back in the hospital.
(c) On a plane back to the States.
(d) He dies in an alleyway.
10. Why can't Nate speak to Rachel the next day?
(a) She refused to speak with him.
(b) She is bitten by a poisonous snake and dies.
(c) She sneaks away from the village.
(d) She has to go to a neighboring village.
11. Who promises the cooperation of Troy's latest mistress, Nicolette?
12. Who is feared by all Troy's children for his lawyer skills?
(d) The judge.
13. After shooting a few holes in Snead's testimony, who does Nate go after next?
(b) Troy's last secretary.
14. What does Rex inherit from his father, Troy?
(a) Troy's mathematical abilities.
(b) His eyes and nose.
(c) His ability to be a peacemaker.
(d) His aggressiveness.
15. Why does the lawsuit go forward?
(a) The lawyers insist.
(b) To preserve Troy Phelan's estate.
(c) Josh insists.
(d) To maintain the state-ordered deadline.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Nate's condition in this chapter?
2. What does Nate believe in his delirium?
3. What is the problem when Nate is admitted to the hospital for the second time?
4. What happens to the panel of three psychiatrists?
5. What does TJ do?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)