|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often does Neva communicate with Rachel?
(b) Twice a month.
(c) Once a year.
(d) Every other month.
2. What does Nate offer to do for Rachel?
(a) To come get her to go back to the States.
(b) To pay for any more supplies she might need.
(c) Set up a trust for her.
(d) Represent her.
3. What does Rachel sense about Nate?
(a) He lies.
(b) He is hypocritical.
(c) He is still quite addicted to drugs and alcohol.
(d) He is lonely.
4. What strikes Nate about the Indian village?
(a) Their frenzied activity.
(b) Their slow pace.
(c) The heat.
(d) The hostility.
5. As they are leaving the village, by what is Nate plagued?
(a) Withdrawal symptoms.
(c) Irrational fears.
(d) Headache and achy joints.
6. What does Rex realize about the lawyer fees?
(a) They are redundant among all the lawyers.
(b) They are more than the heirs can get from the estate.
(c) They are incorrectly calculated.
(d) They are really reasonable.
7. After shooting a few holes in Snead's testimony, who does Nate go after next?
(c) Troy's last secretary.
8. How did the men of the tribe act?
(a) Suspicious at first.
(c) Quite hostile.
(d) Very friendly.
9. Who has Rachel herself baptized?
(a) The village chief.
(b) Most of the tribe in the neighboring village.
(c) A little girl bitten by a poisonous snake.
(d) The chief's wife in the neighboring village.
10. What does Nate notice about his IV bag?
(a) It is empty and has not been refilled.
(b) He does not notice anything about it.
(c) It has been taken by another patient.
(d) It is moldy.
11. Why does the lawsuit go forward?
(a) To maintain the state-ordered deadline.
(b) Josh insists.
(c) The lawyers insist.
(d) To preserve Troy Phelan's estate.
12. What does Hawk tell the other lawyers that makes them nervous?
(a) That Hawk has the judge in his pocket.
(b) That TJ and Mary have withdrawn their challenge.
(c) That Mary has joined his lawsuit.
(d) That Mary has withdrawn her suit.
13. To whom does Rex first tell his discovery about the lawyers?
(b) Thomas Jester.
14. How is Nate's condition in this chapter?
(b) Improving daily.
(c) He dies.
(d) About the same as when he arrived at the hospital.
15. What does Nate confide to Phil?
(a) That his children all miss him.
(b) That he wants to marry Rachel more than anything in the world.
(c) That he missing the excitement of law.
(d) That he wants to see his children and make amends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Rachel and Nate do together?
2. What happens after Nate's fever breaks?
3. What does Rex inherit from his father, Troy?
4. Where is Nate settling in nicely?
5. What does Mary Ross decide to do?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)