|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Hark Gettys?
(a) An oilman.
(b) Rex's lawyer.
(c) Rachel's husband.
(d) Matilda's boyfriend.
2. What does Phelan wear?
(a) Casual, but refined, sports wear.
(b) Not much except when he has to.
(c) Long, white robes.
(d) Expensive suits.
3. Of what is the firm leery when Nate is off the wagon?
(a) Nate's maudlin attitude at work.
(b) Nate's tirades.
(d) Bad publicity.
4. What does Rachel change her last name to after graduation from medical school?
5. What does Marco demand?
(a) Payment to get them off the island.
(b) Payment for his wrecked boat.
(c) Payment for his dead cow.
(d) Payment for his wrecked airplane.
6. How much is Rex's lawyer getting to represent him?
(a) An hourly wage plus 25 percent of settlement.
(b) A hefty hourly wage.
(c) Thirty percent of settlement.
(d) Fifty percent of settlement.
7. What is his state after drinking?
(a) He doesn't drink.
(b) He feels great.
(c) He is feeling guilty.
(d) He is naked, intoxicated and unconscious.
8. What do Snead and Josh, as well as Tip Durban, Josh's colleague do?
(b) Prepare immediate and videotaped testimony detailing what they had witnessed.
(c) Resign from Troy's employ.
9. What does Troy sign after he signs his will in front of his relatives?
(a) A letter to his family telling them how much each meant to him.
(b) A holographic will.
(c) A paper donating his body to medical science.
(d) A living will.
10. Why does Sergio pull away from Nate?
(a) To help him be able to leave the rehab center.
(b) He is not longer Nate's counselor.
(c) Nate told him to bug off.
(d) He doesn't like Nate's bull.
11. What is difficult about getting to the Pantanal?
(a) It is hostile to Americans.
(b) It is not approachable by land.
(c) It is only approachable by air.
(d) It is a forbidden area for foreigners.
12. Where does Nate think Rachel is?
(a) In Sao Paulo.
(b) He has no idea.
(c) At the base of a mountain range a long way from there.
(d) Back in Quinto.
13. After Troy has finished all the business he wants to do, what does he do?
(a) Kills his lawyer for betraying him.
(b) Leaves on a plane for South America.
(c) Has lunch with his favorite daughter.
(d) Commits suicide.
14. What was Nate's problem after being released from the rehab program?
(a) His wife divorced him.
(b) He lost his job.
(c) He had nowhere to go.
(d) His children wouldn't speak to him.
15. What is the opening scene of Chapter 10?
(a) Josh meets with Nate's counselor.
(b) Nate is arrested for DUI.
(c) Josh and Nate meet at Troy Phelan's home.
(d) Nate is released from Walnut Hill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nate do while Jevy goes to the trading post?
2. Who is Nate avoiding?
3. What do Nate and Jevy discuss?
4. Why does Jevy go searching for Nate?
5. When do they take off on their flight?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)