|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many wives has Troy had?
2. Why are they having trouble navigating the river?
(a) Too many crocodiles.
(b) It's dark and the boat's lights are not working properly.
(c) There is a bad storm.
(d) Too many jutting trees.
3. Who is Neva Collier?
(a) A friend of Nate's.
(b) A friend of Rachel Lane's.
(c) A missionary.
(d) Troy's last mistress.
4. What character is present in the opening of this story?
(a) Rachel Lane.
(b) Nate O'Reily.
(c) Josh Stafford.
(d) Troy Pelham.
5. What does Nate tend to do after detoxifying himself?
(a) Get hooked on drugs again.
(b) Go into a deep depression.
(c) Go on a spending binge.
(d) Disappear for months.
6. Why does a panel of psychiatrists examine Troy?
(a) To make sure he understands the charges against him.
(b) To learn how a very wealthy person thinks.
(c) To make sure he is legally competent.
(d) Because he has become a recluse.
7. How much does Nate give Marco?
(a) 100 dollars.
(b) 1000 pesos.
(c) 10,000 dollars.
(d) 50 dollars.
8. Why has Nate lost his other friends?
(a) Through negligence and poor behavior.
(b) Because he is gone so long.
(c) He never had any friends.
(d) Because he moved to another city.
9. With which Indian tribe does a missionary woman work?
10. Why is Ramble an exception in the will?
(a) His dad actually loves him.
(b) He is incapacitated.
(c) He actually loves his father.
(d) He is still a minor.
11. What was Nate's problem after being released from the rehab program?
(a) He had nowhere to go.
(b) He lost his job.
(c) His wife divorced him.
(d) His children wouldn't speak to him.
12. How does Nate feel in South America?
(b) Awed at the scenery.
13. Who is Nate avoiding?
(a) His partying acquaintances.
(b) His parents.
(c) His fiance.
(d) His former wives.
14. To whom is the bulk of the estate left?
(d) Troy's dog.
15. What is Tira hoping to do?
(a) Kill off the other relatives to get more money.
(b) Take Ramble's money from him.
(c) Manage Ramble's share of the money.
(d) Seduce Josh to get more money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Josh consider sending to Brazil?
2. What are Troy's other relatives doing?
3. On what river is Nate?
4. What is the surprising clause in Troy's final will?
5. What does Phelan wear?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)