|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Marco introduce the three men?
(a) His lawyer.
(b) His wife and three children.
(c) His brother and brother-in-law.
(d) His mother.
2. Who are Libbigail Phelan Jeter and Mary Ross Phelan?
(a) Twins who only receive one-hundred thousand each.
(b) Twins who receive a huge part of the Phelan estate.
(c) Two women Hark tries to convince to let him represent them.
(d) Josh's sisters.
3. What does the book say Neva is?
(a) A misguided missionary.
(b) A nobody.
(c) A money-grubbing lawyer.
(d) The missing link to finding Rachel.
4. What is the conclusion about sending someone to Brazil?
(a) Josh is the best person for the firm.
(b) Nate will not represent the firm well.
(c) They have no choice but to hire another lawyer.
(d) Nate is the best person for the firm.
5. To whom is the bulk of the estate left?
(a) Troy's dog.
6. In accordance with Troy's wishes, what does Josh do?
(a) Have Troy buried in South America.
(b) Keeps the contents of the will a secret until he is required by law to share the information.
(c) Appoint Troy's eldest son as executor of the will.
(d) Share a preview of the will with the media.
7. What does Josh provide Nate?
(a) An alias and a passport.
(b) Nate's transportation and trip itinerary.
(c) Money and clothing.
(d) Fifty-thousand dollars retainer fee.
8. What does Jevy say that he regrets saying?
(a) That Nate had better not drink.
(b) That Americans should all burn in fire.
(c) That he often has a cold beer at the trading post.
(d) That most lawyers would be best use for alligator bait.
9. What does Ramble's lawyer urge Ramble to do?
(a) Let Ramble's mother contest on his behalf.
(b) Be appreciative for what he has.
(c) Contest the will.
(d) Let the lawyer handle the trust.
10. What does Phelan wear?
(a) Expensive suits.
(b) Not much except when he has to.
(c) Long, white robes.
(d) Casual, but refined, sports wear.
11. Who is Nate avoiding?
(a) His parents.
(b) His fiance.
(c) His former wives.
(d) His partying acquaintances.
12. What is Tira hoping to do?
(a) Manage Ramble's share of the money.
(b) Seduce Josh to get more money.
(c) Kill off the other relatives to get more money.
(d) Take Ramble's money from him.
13. What does Jevy fear?
(a) That Nate might be dead or in need of the hospital
(b) That he will lose his retainer fee.
(c) That they won't get the tide if they don't leave soon.
(d) That Nate left without him.
14. Why has Nate lost his other friends?
(a) Through negligence and poor behavior.
(b) Because he moved to another city.
(c) He never had any friends.
(d) Because he is gone so long.
15. For what does Josh develop a strategy?
(a) For keeping the family off balance.
(b) For dividing the estate evenly among the family members.
(c) For revealing his deceased client's wishes.
(d) For paying taxes on the estate.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many legitimate children does Troy have?
2. What happens to Rachel's mother?
3. What is his state after drinking?
4. What creates a media frenzy?
5. Who is Welly?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)