|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to an heir that contests the will?
(a) That heir receives nothing.
(c) The heir has to come up with 10 good reasons the will should be changed.
(d) That heir recieves 1/2 of the original amount.
2. Why is Ramble an exception in the will?
(a) He actually loves his father.
(b) He is still a minor.
(c) His dad actually loves him.
(d) He is incapacitated.
3. Who is Nate avoiding?
(a) His former wives.
(b) His fiance.
(c) His parents.
(d) His partying acquaintances.
4. What does Nate do while Jevy goes to the trading post?
(a) In a local motel asleep.
(b) Talking to the villagers.
(c) In the crow's nest.
(d) Huddled in the boat trying to resist buying alcohol.
5. Who is Valdir Ruiz?
(a) A lawyer Josh hires in Corumba.
(b) Rachel's fiance.
(c) An old friend of Nate's.
(d) An old friend of Josh's.
6. What is his state after drinking?
(a) He doesn't drink.
(b) He is feeling guilty.
(c) He feels great.
(d) He is naked, intoxicated and unconscious.
7. Who is Hark Gettys?
(a) Rex's lawyer.
(b) Matilda's boyfriend.
(c) An oilman.
(d) Rachel's husband.
8. Who does Josh consider sending to Brazil?
(a) Josh is thinking of going himself.
(b) Nate O'Riley.
(d) Troy's eldest son.
9. How does Nate feel in South America?
(d) Awed at the scenery.
10. What does Nate remember he brought along with his luggage?
(a) A satellite phone.
(b) An emergency locator beacon.
(c) A morse code transponder.
(d) A portable laptop with a satellite card.
11. Where does Nate think Rachel is?
(a) Back in Quinto.
(b) He has no idea.
(c) In Sao Paulo.
(d) At the base of a mountain range a long way from there.
12. What is an ever-present danger?
(b) Poisonous snakes dropping into the boat.
(c) The motor quitting.
(d) Alligator attacks.
13. What character is present in the opening of this story?
(a) Rachel Lane.
(b) Nate O'Reily.
(c) Josh Stafford.
(d) Troy Pelham.
14. What does Hark Getty do concerning the Phelan will?
(a) He files papers to dismiss it.
(b) He files a petition with the court compelling the Phelan will.
(c) He asks to look at it.
(d) He contests it.
15. How much is Rex's lawyer getting to represent him?
(a) An hourly wage plus 25 percent of settlement.
(b) Thirty percent of settlement.
(c) Fifty percent of settlement.
(d) A hefty hourly wage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Nate hire?
2. Who is Neva Collier?
3. Why is a team of lawyers awaiting Phelan today?
4. What is the state of mind of the Phelan heirs after Troy's will is read?
5. How much does Nate give Marco?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)