|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fernando tell Jevy?
(a) That the woman missionary died last month.
(b) That there is a woman missionary around the area.
(c) That the woman missionary is no longer there.
(d) That they are off-course.
2. Where does Nate find liquor?
(a) He doesn't.
(b) In the hotel restaurant.
(c) In a delicatessen that remained open and sold liquor.
(d) From a homeless man.
3. Why does Josh only give information that was required by law to the probate judge?
(a) To protect Troy's confidentiality.
(b) He does not know the judge.
(c) He thinks the judge is incompetent.
(d) He is being arbitrary.
4. What does Nate tend to do after detoxifying himself?
(a) Get hooked on drugs again.
(b) Go into a deep depression.
(c) Go on a spending binge.
(d) Disappear for months.
5. How does Nate begin his day at Walnut Hill?
(a) With a ten-mile run.
(b) With a large breakfast.
(c) With meditation.
(d) By going to a 12-step meeting.
6. Why is Nate pleased with Josh's offer?
(a) It is something to connect him to his former life.
(b) It will get him out of the country for the holidays.
(c) He feels good about Josh's respect.
(d) It shows the company hasn't fired him.
7. What does Hark Getty do concerning the Phelan will?
(a) He files papers to dismiss it.
(b) He files a petition with the court compelling the Phelan will.
(c) He contests it.
(d) He asks to look at it.
8. Who is Neva Collier?
(a) A friend of Rachel Lane's.
(b) A missionary.
(c) A friend of Nate's.
(d) Troy's last mistress.
9. What are Phelan's assets approximately worth?
(a) 2 billion.
(b) 2 million.
(c) 11 billion.
(d) 11 million.
10. Who is Nate avoiding?
(a) His former wives.
(b) His fiance.
(c) His parents.
(d) His partying acquaintances.
11. Who is Hark Gettys?
(a) Rachel's husband.
(b) Rex's lawyer.
(c) An oilman.
(d) Matilda's boyfriend.
12. What does Phelan wear?
(a) Long, white robes.
(b) Casual, but refined, sports wear.
(c) Not much except when he has to.
(d) Expensive suits.
13. How does Hark think he'll get rich?
(a) Off the settlement of the Phelan estate.
(b) He's not sure yet.
(c) By embezzling money from the Phelan estate.
(d) Through his father's oil investments.
14. What is his state after drinking?
(a) He is feeling guilty.
(b) He feels great.
(c) He is naked, intoxicated and unconscious.
(d) He doesn't drink.
15. What is the surprising clause in Troy's final will?
(a) He leaves his entire estate to his illegitimate daughter, Rachel Lane.
(b) Each child only gets their age in dollars.
(c) Each child only gets 10 million dollars.
(d) That it all goes to an organization to free Tibet from Chinese rule.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is difficult about navigating the secondary river?
2. What is difficult about getting to the Pantanal?
3. Where do they make an emergency landing?
4. Where do Nate and Jevy stop?
5. How much alcohol does Nate consume?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)