|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In accordance with Troy's wishes, what does Josh do?
(a) Appoint Troy's eldest son as executor of the will.
(b) Share a preview of the will with the media.
(c) Keeps the contents of the will a secret until he is required by law to share the information.
(d) Have Troy buried in South America.
2. What does Phelan wear?
(a) Expensive suits.
(b) Casual, but refined, sports wear.
(c) Not much except when he has to.
(d) Long, white robes.
3. How much does Nate give Marco?
(a) 50 dollars.
(b) 10,000 dollars.
(c) 100 dollars.
(d) 1000 pesos.
4. Of what is the firm leery when Nate is off the wagon?
(a) Nate's tirades.
(b) Nate's maudlin attitude at work.
(d) Bad publicity.
5. Who is Hark Gettys?
(a) Rex's lawyer.
(b) Rachel's husband.
(c) An oilman.
(d) Matilda's boyfriend.
6. Why does a panel of psychiatrists examine Troy?
(a) Because he has become a recluse.
(b) To make sure he is legally competent.
(c) To learn how a very wealthy person thinks.
(d) To make sure he understands the charges against him.
7. Why does Jevy go searching for Nate?
(a) He is worried about Nate.
(b) He wants to know if they are still leaving.
(c) Jevy had been paid well to help Nate navigate the Pantanal and he intended to complete his mission.
(d) Nate owes him money.
8. What does Troy sign after he signs his will in front of his relatives?
(a) A letter to his family telling them how much each meant to him.
(b) A paper donating his body to medical science.
(c) A living will.
(d) A holographic will.
9. Why do they shed tears?
(a) Because they didn't know they had another relative.
(b) For the loss of lots of money.
(c) For the way Troy kills himself.
(d) For Troy's death.
10. To whom does Marco introduce the three men?
(a) His lawyer.
(b) His mother.
(c) His brother and brother-in-law.
(d) His wife and three children.
11. Why is a team of lawyers awaiting Phelan today?
(a) He plans to takeover a rival company.
(b) He wants to dole out his assets to his family before he dies.
(c) He plans to sign a new will.
(d) He is about to be arrested for tax fraud.
12. What is the state of mind of the Phelan heirs after Troy's will is read?
13. What two people does Nate contact on his trip?
(a) Josh and Rachel.
(b) Alice and Josh.
(c) Sergio and Josh.
(d) Alice and Sergio.
14. What does Marco demand?
(a) Payment to get them off the island.
(b) Payment for his dead cow.
(c) Payment for his wrecked boat.
(d) Payment for his wrecked airplane.
15. Who rescues the three men?
(a) The local paramilitary group.
(b) Some missionaries.
(c) The politzi.
(d) The military.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tira hoping to do?
2. What does Ramble's lawyer urge Ramble to do?
3. What character is present in the opening of this story?
4. Why is Judge Wycliff enjoying himself?
5. How many wives has Troy had?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)