|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what is the firm leery when Nate is off the wagon?
(b) Nate's tirades.
(c) Bad publicity.
(d) Nate's maudlin attitude at work.
2. What does Hark Getty do concerning the Phelan will?
(a) He asks to look at it.
(b) He files papers to dismiss it.
(c) He files a petition with the court compelling the Phelan will.
(d) He contests it.
3. What is the surprising clause in Troy's final will?
(a) He leaves his entire estate to his illegitimate daughter, Rachel Lane.
(b) Each child only gets 10 million dollars.
(c) Each child only gets their age in dollars.
(d) That it all goes to an organization to free Tibet from Chinese rule.
4. Who rescues the three men?
(a) The military.
(b) The politzi.
(c) The local paramilitary group.
(d) Some missionaries.
5. Who is Libbigail's father?
(a) Josh Phelan.
(b) Troy Phelan.
(c) Susan Jeter's daughter.
(d) Thomas Phelan.
6. What is Phelan rumored to have?
(a) A plot to seize a government in South America.
(b) A plan to double his assets.
(c) A desire to go into a religious order.
(d) A tumor.
7. What is requested in the will?
(a) That Josh receive a retainer fee of 15 percent of the estate.
(b) That Troy's youngest son be disinheirited.
(c) That Josh marry Troy's youngest daughter.
(d) That Troy's body be cremated.
8. Who helps Jevy with directions?
(a) No one.
(b) An elderly woman on the bank.
(c) An experienced fisherman.
(d) A young boy.
9. Why is Nate roaming the streets?
(a) Looking for a nightclub.
(b) He has lost the way to his motel room.
(c) Looking for Rachel.
(d) Looking for open stores.
10. What does Rachel change her last name to after graduation from medical school?
11. With which Indian tribe does a missionary woman work?
12. Who continually calls the Stafford Law Firm?
(a) Troy's family members.
(b) The press.
(c) The Rockefeller Foundation wishing for their share of the estate.
(d) The IRS.
13. For what do Troy's family members anxiously await?
(a) To see if Troy will recover from his illness.
(b) The reading of Troy's will.
(c) Troy's death being ruled as a suicide so the insurance money is doubled.
(d) The end of probate.
14. Who is Nate avoiding?
(a) His former wives.
(b) His fiance.
(c) His partying acquaintances.
(d) His parents.
15. Why does Sergio pull away from Nate?
(a) To help him be able to leave the rehab center.
(b) He doesn't like Nate's bull.
(c) Nate told him to bug off.
(d) He is not longer Nate's counselor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Nate lost his other friends?
2. What do Snead and Josh, as well as Tip Durban, Josh's colleague do?
3. Why does Jevy go searching for Nate?
4. What do Nate and Jevy discuss?
5. What does the Judge read aloud?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)