|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Troy sign after he signs his will in front of his relatives?
(a) A living will.
(b) A letter to his family telling them how much each meant to him.
(c) A holographic will.
(d) A paper donating his body to medical science.
2. Who is Neva Collier?
(a) A missionary.
(b) A friend of Nate's.
(c) Troy's last mistress.
(d) A friend of Rachel Lane's.
3. What is his state after drinking?
(a) He doesn't drink.
(b) He is naked, intoxicated and unconscious.
(c) He is feeling guilty.
(d) He feels great.
4. After Troy has finished all the business he wants to do, what does he do?
(a) Leaves on a plane for South America.
(b) Commits suicide.
(c) Has lunch with his favorite daughter.
(d) Kills his lawyer for betraying him.
5. How does Nate begin his day at Walnut Hill?
(a) By going to a 12-step meeting.
(b) With a large breakfast.
(c) With meditation.
(d) With a ten-mile run.
6. What does Nate tend to do after detoxifying himself?
(a) Get hooked on drugs again.
(b) Disappear for months.
(c) Go into a deep depression.
(d) Go on a spending binge.
7. Where do Nate and Jevy stop?
(a) At the local constable's office.
(b) In a small town where Nate thinks Rachel lives.
(c) On a small island in the middle of the river.
(d) At a trading post along the river.
8. Who does Nate hire?
(a) A native speaker.
(b) A secretary.
(c) A private pilot for an aerial look and a boat guide named Jevy.
(d) A bodyguard.
9. Who helps Jevy with directions?
(a) No one.
(b) An experienced fisherman.
(c) A young boy.
(d) An elderly woman on the bank.
10. What tributary do they men have to go up?
(a) The Hoxtrica.
(b) The Falta.
(c) The Cabana.
(d) The Cabixa.
11. What is Tira hoping to do?
(a) Manage Ramble's share of the money.
(b) Kill off the other relatives to get more money.
(c) Take Ramble's money from him.
(d) Seduce Josh to get more money.
12. Why has Nate lost his other friends?
(a) He never had any friends.
(b) Because he moved to another city.
(c) Because he is gone so long.
(d) Through negligence and poor behavior.
13. What does Ramble's lawyer urge Ramble to do?
(a) Be appreciative for what he has.
(b) Contest the will.
(c) Let the lawyer handle the trust.
(d) Let Ramble's mother contest on his behalf.
14. When do they take off on their flight?
(a) Christmas morning.
(b) New Year's eve.
(c) Christmas eve.
(d) New Year's day.
15. Why is Nate roaming the streets?
(a) Looking for a nightclub.
(b) Looking for open stores.
(c) He has lost the way to his motel room.
(d) Looking for Rachel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sergio pull away from Nate?
2. Why is Nate pleased with Josh's offer?
3. What is the surprising clause in Troy's final will?
4. What is the opening scene of Chapter 10?
5. What does Rachel change her last name to after graduation from medical school?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)