|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With which Indian tribe does a missionary woman work?
2. Why does a panel of psychiatrists examine Troy?
(a) To learn how a very wealthy person thinks.
(b) To make sure he is legally competent.
(c) To make sure he understands the charges against him.
(d) Because he has become a recluse.
3. What does Josh provide Nate?
(a) An alias and a passport.
(b) Money and clothing.
(c) Nate's transportation and trip itinerary.
(d) Fifty-thousand dollars retainer fee.
4. How do they complete the rescue?
(a) By boat.
(b) By seaplane.
(c) By jeep.
(d) By helicoptor.
5. What is the opening scene of Chapter 10?
(a) Nate is released from Walnut Hill.
(b) Josh meets with Nate's counselor.
(c) Nate is arrested for DUI.
(d) Josh and Nate meet at Troy Phelan's home.
6. How much alcohol does Nate consume?
(b) One and a half bottles of vodka.
(c) Two beers.
(d) A couple glasses of wine.
7. Why is a team of lawyers awaiting Phelan today?
(a) He plans to takeover a rival company.
(b) He is about to be arrested for tax fraud.
(c) He plans to sign a new will.
(d) He wants to dole out his assets to his family before he dies.
8. Who does Nate hire?
(a) A secretary.
(b) A native speaker.
(c) A private pilot for an aerial look and a boat guide named Jevy.
(d) A bodyguard.
9. Why is Ramble an exception in the will?
(a) He is incapacitated.
(b) He actually loves his father.
(c) His dad actually loves him.
(d) He is still a minor.
10. What is requested in the will?
(a) That Josh marry Troy's youngest daughter.
(b) That Josh receive a retainer fee of 15 percent of the estate.
(c) That Troy's youngest son be disinheirited.
(d) That Troy's body be cremated.
11. Who rescues the three men?
(a) The local paramilitary group.
(b) Some missionaries.
(c) The politzi.
(d) The military.
12. What is the problem about leaving the place of the plane crash by boat?
(a) Jevy is not sure there is enough gasoline for the trip.
(b) Jevy forgot the gas for the boat.
(c) Nate is afraid of the water.
(d) There is no boat.
13. To whom is the bulk of the estate left?
(d) Troy's dog.
14. What do Snead and Josh, as well as Tip Durban, Josh's colleague do?
(b) Resign from Troy's employ.
(d) Prepare immediate and videotaped testimony detailing what they had witnessed.
15. What does Nate tend to do after detoxifying himself?
(a) Go into a deep depression.
(b) Disappear for months.
(c) Get hooked on drugs again.
(d) Go on a spending binge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What character is present in the opening of this story?
2. What does Rachel change her last name to after graduation from medical school?
3. On what river is Nate?
4. Who is Neva Collier?
5. When do they take off on their flight?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)