|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hark think he'll get rich?
(a) By embezzling money from the Phelan estate.
(b) Through his father's oil investments.
(c) He's not sure yet.
(d) Off the settlement of the Phelan estate.
2. What is the conclusion about sending someone to Brazil?
(a) They have no choice but to hire another lawyer.
(b) Josh is the best person for the firm.
(c) Nate is the best person for the firm.
(d) Nate will not represent the firm well.
3. What does Josh provide Nate?
(a) An alias and a passport.
(b) Fifty-thousand dollars retainer fee.
(c) Money and clothing.
(d) Nate's transportation and trip itinerary.
4. How does Nate feel in South America?
(d) Awed at the scenery.
5. Who does Josh consider sending to Brazil?
(a) Josh is thinking of going himself.
(b) Nate O'Riley.
(d) Troy's eldest son.
6. Who is Valdir Ruiz?
(a) Rachel's fiance.
(b) An old friend of Josh's.
(c) A lawyer Josh hires in Corumba.
(d) An old friend of Nate's.
7. What does Hark Getty do concerning the Phelan will?
(a) He files papers to dismiss it.
(b) He files a petition with the court compelling the Phelan will.
(c) He contests it.
(d) He asks to look at it.
8. Why does Jevy go searching for Nate?
(a) Nate owes him money.
(b) Jevy had been paid well to help Nate navigate the Pantanal and he intended to complete his mission.
(c) He is worried about Nate.
(d) He wants to know if they are still leaving.
9. Where do they make an emergency landing?
(a) At a dirt airstrip.
(b) On a farm.
(c) On the treetops.
(d) In the water.
10. What is Tira hoping to do?
(a) Kill off the other relatives to get more money.
(b) Manage Ramble's share of the money.
(c) Take Ramble's money from him.
(d) Seduce Josh to get more money.
11. Why has Nate lost his other friends?
(a) Through negligence and poor behavior.
(b) Because he is gone so long.
(c) He never had any friends.
(d) Because he moved to another city.
12. Why is Ramble an exception in the will?
(a) He actually loves his father.
(b) He is incapacitated.
(c) His dad actually loves him.
(d) He is still a minor.
13. Why is Judge Wycliff enjoying himself?
(a) Because he is glad the relatives will not get anything.
(b) He is a little jealous of all of Troy's money.
(c) Because he did not like Troy.
(d) Because the courtroom is packed.
14. What is an ever-present danger?
(a) Poisonous snakes dropping into the boat.
(b) The motor quitting.
(d) Alligator attacks.
15. How much is Rex's lawyer getting to represent him?
(a) Thirty percent of settlement.
(b) A hefty hourly wage.
(c) Fifty percent of settlement.
(d) An hourly wage plus 25 percent of settlement.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Jevy with directions?
2. What was Nate's problem after being released from the rehab program?
3. Why is Nate roaming the streets?
4. When do they take off on their flight?
5. What is difficult about navigating the secondary river?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)