|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marco demand?
(a) Payment for his wrecked airplane.
(b) Payment for his dead cow.
(c) Payment for his wrecked boat.
(d) Payment to get them off the island.
2. Where does Nate think Rachel is?
(a) In Sao Paulo.
(b) Back in Quinto.
(c) At the base of a mountain range a long way from there.
(d) He has no idea.
3. What character is present in the opening of this story?
(a) Josh Stafford.
(b) Nate O'Reily.
(c) Troy Pelham.
(d) Rachel Lane.
4. Who is Libbigail's father?
(a) Troy Phelan.
(b) Thomas Phelan.
(c) Susan Jeter's daughter.
(d) Josh Phelan.
5. What creates a media frenzy?
(a) Troy's amended will.
(b) The selling off of Troy's assets for tax bills.
(c) The search for Rachel.
(d) Troy's death.
6. What is Phelan rumored to have?
(a) A plot to seize a government in South America.
(b) A desire to go into a religious order.
(c) A tumor.
(d) A plan to double his assets.
7. Who is Welly?
(a) The deckhand and cook on the boat that Nate hired.
(b) The pilot who crashed in the farmer's cow field.
(c) Ramble's best friend.
(d) Rachel's right hand man.
8. Who is Hark Gettys?
(a) Rachel's husband.
(b) Rex's lawyer.
(c) An oilman.
(d) Matilda's boyfriend.
9. What was Nate's problem after being released from the rehab program?
(a) His wife divorced him.
(b) He had nowhere to go.
(c) He lost his job.
(d) His children wouldn't speak to him.
10. What happens to Rachel's mother?
(a) She dies in a plane crash.
(b) She kills herself.
(c) She dies of cancer.
(d) She disappears.
11. How does Hark think he'll get rich?
(a) Off the settlement of the Phelan estate.
(b) By embezzling money from the Phelan estate.
(c) He's not sure yet.
(d) Through his father's oil investments.
12. What does Rachel change her last name to after graduation from medical school?
13. What does the book say Neva is?
(a) A nobody.
(b) A misguided missionary.
(c) The missing link to finding Rachel.
(d) A money-grubbing lawyer.
14. How does Nate begin his day at Walnut Hill?
(a) By going to a 12-step meeting.
(b) With a ten-mile run.
(c) With meditation.
(d) With a large breakfast.
15. What tributary do they men have to go up?
(a) The Hoxtrica.
(b) The Falta.
(c) The Cabixa.
(d) The Cabana.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Josh only give information that was required by law to the probate judge?
2. Why has Nate lost his other friends?
3. Of what is the firm leery when Nate is off the wagon?
4. How do they complete the rescue?
5. Why is Nate pleased with Josh's offer?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)