|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What creates a media frenzy?
(a) Troy's death.
(b) The selling off of Troy's assets for tax bills.
(c) Troy's amended will.
(d) The search for Rachel.
2. Who is Sergio?
(a) Troy's brother.
(b) Troy's bodyguard.
(c) Nate's brother.
(d) Nate's counselor.
3. Why is Nate pleased with Josh's offer?
(a) It is something to connect him to his former life.
(b) It will get him out of the country for the holidays.
(c) He feels good about Josh's respect.
(d) It shows the company hasn't fired him.
4. What is Tira hoping to do?
(a) Manage Ramble's share of the money.
(b) Seduce Josh to get more money.
(c) Take Ramble's money from him.
(d) Kill off the other relatives to get more money.
5. What does Nate remember he brought along with his luggage?
(a) A satellite phone.
(b) A portable laptop with a satellite card.
(c) An emergency locator beacon.
(d) A morse code transponder.
6. How do they complete the rescue?
(a) By jeep.
(b) By boat.
(c) By helicoptor.
(d) By seaplane.
7. What does it take to get Nate ready to travel?
(a) A call from Josh.
(b) A veiled threat from Jevy.
(c) A bucket of ice water thrown on Nate.
(d) A few cold showers, aspirin, cool compresses, and sunglasses.
8. Why does Josh only give information that was required by law to the probate judge?
(a) He is being arbitrary.
(b) To protect Troy's confidentiality.
(c) He thinks the judge is incompetent.
(d) He does not know the judge.
9. Why does Sergio pull away from Nate?
(a) To help him be able to leave the rehab center.
(b) Nate told him to bug off.
(c) He is not longer Nate's counselor.
(d) He doesn't like Nate's bull.
10. Where are the two men at the end of Chapter 26?
(a) On their way to the mountains.
(b) Back at Fernando's trading post.
(c) Back in the village.
(d) Totally lost.
11. What does Jevy fear?
(a) That Nate might be dead or in need of the hospital
(b) That Nate left without him.
(c) That he will lose his retainer fee.
(d) That they won't get the tide if they don't leave soon.
12. After Troy has finished all the business he wants to do, what does he do?
(a) Leaves on a plane for South America.
(b) Has lunch with his favorite daughter.
(c) Commits suicide.
(d) Kills his lawyer for betraying him.
13. What tributary do they men have to go up?
(a) The Cabana.
(b) The Cabixa.
(c) The Hoxtrica.
(d) The Falta.
14. Why has Nate lost his other friends?
(a) He never had any friends.
(b) Because he moved to another city.
(c) Through negligence and poor behavior.
(d) Because he is gone so long.
15. Who is Valdir Ruiz?
(a) An old friend of Josh's.
(b) Rachel's fiance.
(c) A lawyer Josh hires in Corumba.
(d) An old friend of Nate's.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many legitimate children does Troy have?
2. Why does a panel of psychiatrists examine Troy?
3. Who are Libbigail Phelan Jeter and Mary Ross Phelan?
4. What does Nate do while Jevy goes to the trading post?
5. Why is Nate roaming the streets?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)