|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Nate avoiding?
(a) His parents.
(b) His partying acquaintances.
(c) His former wives.
(d) His fiance.
2. What does Jevy fear?
(a) That Nate might be dead or in need of the hospital
(b) That he will lose his retainer fee.
(c) That Nate left without him.
(d) That they won't get the tide if they don't leave soon.
3. What is happening back in the States?
(a) It is time to read Troy's will.
(b) Troy's family have tried to find and destroy Troy's most recent will.
(c) Troy has finally come out of his coma.
(d) Troy tells Josh to continue pretending Troy is dead.
4. What character is present in the opening of this story?
(a) Rachel Lane.
(b) Troy Pelham.
(c) Nate O'Reily.
(d) Josh Stafford.
5. Why does Jevy have to rock the boat?
(a) To settle the outboard motor.
(b) To reset the propeller.
(c) To get it off shore where it was stuck.
(d) To get the water out of it.
6. What is the surprising clause in Troy's final will?
(a) Each child only gets 10 million dollars.
(b) That it all goes to an organization to free Tibet from Chinese rule.
(c) He leaves his entire estate to his illegitimate daughter, Rachel Lane.
(d) Each child only gets their age in dollars.
7. Whose in-laws suddenly become warmer to her when they realize she has a large amount of money coming in?
8. What does Josh provide Nate?
(a) An alias and a passport.
(b) Fifty-thousand dollars retainer fee.
(c) Nate's transportation and trip itinerary.
(d) Money and clothing.
9. How does Nate feel in South America?
(b) Awed at the scenery.
10. For what do Troy's family members anxiously await?
(a) To see if Troy will recover from his illness.
(b) The reading of Troy's will.
(c) The end of probate.
(d) Troy's death being ruled as a suicide so the insurance money is doubled.
11. What does Jevy say that he regrets saying?
(a) That Nate had better not drink.
(b) That he often has a cold beer at the trading post.
(c) That Americans should all burn in fire.
(d) That most lawyers would be best use for alligator bait.
12. What is the state of mind of the Phelan heirs after Troy's will is read?
13. Who is Valdir Ruiz?
(a) An old friend of Nate's.
(b) Rachel's fiance.
(c) An old friend of Josh's.
(d) A lawyer Josh hires in Corumba.
14. What is his state after drinking?
(a) He is naked, intoxicated and unconscious.
(b) He is feeling guilty.
(c) He doesn't drink.
(d) He feels great.
15. What is difficult about navigating the secondary river?
(a) It has many branches and the banks are flooded.
(b) It has many whirlpools that spin the boat.
(c) Too many trees and other debris in the water.
(d) It is very narrow and shallow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does a panel of psychiatrists examine Troy?
2. For what does Josh develop a strategy?
3. What is the problem about leaving the place of the plane crash by boat?
4. Who is Hark Gettys?
5. Who helps Jevy with directions?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)