|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is the bulk of the estate left?
(c) Troy's dog.
2. What does Ramble's lawyer urge Ramble to do?
(a) Contest the will.
(b) Be appreciative for what he has.
(c) Let Ramble's mother contest on his behalf.
(d) Let the lawyer handle the trust.
3. What was Nate's problem after being released from the rehab program?
(a) His wife divorced him.
(b) His children wouldn't speak to him.
(c) He lost his job.
(d) He had nowhere to go.
4. What does Josh provide Nate?
(a) An alias and a passport.
(b) Fifty-thousand dollars retainer fee.
(c) Money and clothing.
(d) Nate's transportation and trip itinerary.
5. What two people does Nate contact on his trip?
(a) Alice and Josh.
(b) Sergio and Josh.
(c) Alice and Sergio.
(d) Josh and Rachel.
6. Who is Welly?
(a) Ramble's best friend.
(b) The pilot who crashed in the farmer's cow field.
(c) Rachel's right hand man.
(d) The deckhand and cook on the boat that Nate hired.
7. Who are Libbigail Phelan Jeter and Mary Ross Phelan?
(a) Josh's sisters.
(b) Twins who receive a huge part of the Phelan estate.
(c) Two women Hark tries to convince to let him represent them.
(d) Twins who only receive one-hundred thousand each.
8. What is difficult about navigating the secondary river?
(a) It is very narrow and shallow.
(b) It has many branches and the banks are flooded.
(c) It has many whirlpools that spin the boat.
(d) Too many trees and other debris in the water.
9. When do they take off on their flight?
(a) New Year's day.
(b) New Year's eve.
(c) Christmas morning.
(d) Christmas eve.
10. What does Troy sign after he signs his will in front of his relatives?
(a) A paper donating his body to medical science.
(b) A letter to his family telling them how much each meant to him.
(c) A holographic will.
(d) A living will.
11. What creates a media frenzy?
(a) The selling off of Troy's assets for tax bills.
(b) Troy's death.
(c) The search for Rachel.
(d) Troy's amended will.
12. Who is Libbigail's father?
(a) Josh Phelan.
(b) Thomas Phelan.
(c) Susan Jeter's daughter.
(d) Troy Phelan.
13. How does Nate begin his day at Walnut Hill?
(a) By going to a 12-step meeting.
(b) With a large breakfast.
(c) With a ten-mile run.
(d) With meditation.
14. What does Jevy fear?
(a) That Nate left without him.
(b) That Nate might be dead or in need of the hospital
(c) That they won't get the tide if they don't leave soon.
(d) That he will lose his retainer fee.
15. What is Phelan rumored to have?
(a) A plan to double his assets.
(b) A desire to go into a religious order.
(c) A plot to seize a government in South America.
(d) A tumor.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what river is Nate?
2. What happens to an heir that contests the will?
3. Why does Josh only give information that was required by law to the probate judge?
4. What does the autopsy on Troy reveal?
5. Whose in-laws suddenly become warmer to her when they realize she has a large amount of money coming in?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)