|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who continually calls the Stafford Law Firm?
(a) The IRS.
(b) The press.
(c) The Rockefeller Foundation wishing for their share of the estate.
(d) Troy's family members.
2. What was Nate's problem after being released from the rehab program?
(a) His wife divorced him.
(b) He lost his job.
(c) He had nowhere to go.
(d) His children wouldn't speak to him.
3. Why does a panel of psychiatrists examine Troy?
(a) To make sure he is legally competent.
(b) Because he has become a recluse.
(c) To make sure he understands the charges against him.
(d) To learn how a very wealthy person thinks.
4. Who is Neva Collier?
(a) A friend of Nate's.
(b) A missionary.
(c) Troy's last mistress.
(d) A friend of Rachel Lane's.
5. How does Nate begin his day at Walnut Hill?
(a) By going to a 12-step meeting.
(b) With meditation.
(c) With a large breakfast.
(d) With a ten-mile run.
6. How much does Nate give Marco?
(a) 50 dollars.
(b) 1000 pesos.
(c) 10,000 dollars.
(d) 100 dollars.
7. Why are they having trouble navigating the river?
(a) Too many crocodiles.
(b) It's dark and the boat's lights are not working properly.
(c) Too many jutting trees.
(d) There is a bad storm.
8. What is difficult about getting to the Pantanal?
(a) It is hostile to Americans.
(b) It is only approachable by air.
(c) It is not approachable by land.
(d) It is a forbidden area for foreigners.
9. What is happening back in the States?
(a) Troy has finally come out of his coma.
(b) Troy tells Josh to continue pretending Troy is dead.
(c) Troy's family have tried to find and destroy Troy's most recent will.
(d) It is time to read Troy's will.
10. What does Jevy say that he regrets saying?
(a) That Nate had better not drink.
(b) That he often has a cold beer at the trading post.
(c) That Americans should all burn in fire.
(d) That most lawyers would be best use for alligator bait.
11. How does Nate feel in South America?
(c) Awed at the scenery.
12. Where does Nate find liquor?
(a) In a delicatessen that remained open and sold liquor.
(b) He doesn't.
(c) From a homeless man.
(d) In the hotel restaurant.
13. What tributary do they men have to go up?
(a) The Hoxtrica.
(b) The Falta.
(c) The Cabixa.
(d) The Cabana.
14. How do they complete the rescue?
(a) By helicoptor.
(b) By seaplane.
(c) By jeep.
(d) By boat.
15. What does the autopsy on Troy reveal?
(a) That he does not have a brain tumor.
(b) That in addition to the brain tumor, he has several other tumors.
(c) That the brain tumor could have been safely removed.
(d) That the brain tumor is considerably advanced.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is his state after drinking?
2. Where are the two men at the end of Chapter 26?
3. What does Nate do while Jevy goes to the trading post?
4. What are Phelan's assets approximately worth?
5. What does the Judge read aloud?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)