|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Hark Gettys?
(a) An oilman.
(b) Matilda's boyfriend.
(c) Rachel's husband.
(d) Rex's lawyer.
2. Where are the two men at the end of Chapter 26?
(a) Back in the village.
(b) Totally lost.
(c) Back at Fernando's trading post.
(d) On their way to the mountains.
3. How does Nate feel in South America?
(a) Awed at the scenery.
4. Why would the family's lawyers want the family to contest the will when it says anyone who contests it gets nothing?
(a) They are greedy for retainer fees.
(b) They would enjoy pitting themselves against the system.
(c) They think the will is unjust.
(d) They are not the best lawyers in the world.
5. What happens to an heir that contests the will?
(a) The heir has to come up with 10 good reasons the will should be changed.
(b) That heir recieves 1/2 of the original amount.
(d) That heir receives nothing.
6. What is difficult about getting to the Pantanal?
(a) It is not approachable by land.
(b) It is hostile to Americans.
(c) It is a forbidden area for foreigners.
(d) It is only approachable by air.
7. To whom is the bulk of the estate left?
(b) Troy's dog.
8. Who is Welly?
(a) The pilot who crashed in the farmer's cow field.
(b) The deckhand and cook on the boat that Nate hired.
(c) Rachel's right hand man.
(d) Ramble's best friend.
9. Who is Sergio?
(a) Nate's brother.
(b) Troy's brother.
(c) Nate's counselor.
(d) Troy's bodyguard.
10. Where do Nate and Jevy stop?
(a) On a small island in the middle of the river.
(b) In a small town where Nate thinks Rachel lives.
(c) At the local constable's office.
(d) At a trading post along the river.
11. With which Indian tribe does a missionary woman work?
12. Where does Nate think Rachel is?
(a) Back in Quinto.
(b) He has no idea.
(c) At the base of a mountain range a long way from there.
(d) In Sao Paulo.
13. What is Tira hoping to do?
(a) Take Ramble's money from him.
(b) Manage Ramble's share of the money.
(c) Seduce Josh to get more money.
(d) Kill off the other relatives to get more money.
14. What does Ramble's lawyer urge Ramble to do?
(a) Let the lawyer handle the trust.
(b) Let Ramble's mother contest on his behalf.
(c) Contest the will.
(d) Be appreciative for what he has.
15. Who rescues the three men?
(a) The politzi.
(b) Some missionaries.
(c) The local paramilitary group.
(d) The military.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is a team of lawyers awaiting Phelan today?
2. Why does Jevy have to rock the boat?
3. Who is Neva Collier?
4. What tributary do they men have to go up?
5. What do Nate and Jevy discuss?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)