|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Josh only give information that was required by law to the probate judge?
(a) He is being arbitrary.
(b) To protect Troy's confidentiality.
(c) He does not know the judge.
(d) He thinks the judge is incompetent.
2. What is difficult about navigating the secondary river?
(a) It has many branches and the banks are flooded.
(b) It has many whirlpools that spin the boat.
(c) Too many trees and other debris in the water.
(d) It is very narrow and shallow.
3. Why does a panel of psychiatrists examine Troy?
(a) To learn how a very wealthy person thinks.
(b) To make sure he is legally competent.
(c) Because he has become a recluse.
(d) To make sure he understands the charges against him.
4. How many wives has Troy had?
5. When do they take off on their flight?
(a) New Year's day.
(b) Christmas eve.
(c) Christmas morning.
(d) New Year's eve.
6. Why would the family's lawyers want the family to contest the will when it says anyone who contests it gets nothing?
(a) They are greedy for retainer fees.
(b) They are not the best lawyers in the world.
(c) They think the will is unjust.
(d) They would enjoy pitting themselves against the system.
7. Who are Libbigail Phelan Jeter and Mary Ross Phelan?
(a) Twins who only receive one-hundred thousand each.
(b) Two women Hark tries to convince to let him represent them.
(c) Twins who receive a huge part of the Phelan estate.
(d) Josh's sisters.
8. What does Nate tend to do after detoxifying himself?
(a) Disappear for months.
(b) Go on a spending binge.
(c) Go into a deep depression.
(d) Get hooked on drugs again.
9. What is his state after drinking?
(a) He is naked, intoxicated and unconscious.
(b) He feels great.
(c) He doesn't drink.
(d) He is feeling guilty.
10. How much does Nate give Marco?
(a) 100 dollars.
(b) 50 dollars.
(c) 1000 pesos.
(d) 10,000 dollars.
11. Who does Josh consider sending to Brazil?
(a) Josh is thinking of going himself.
(c) Troy's eldest son.
(d) Nate O'Riley.
12. Where does Nate find liquor?
(a) In a delicatessen that remained open and sold liquor.
(b) He doesn't.
(c) From a homeless man.
(d) In the hotel restaurant.
13. How much alcohol does Nate consume?
(a) Two beers.
(b) A couple glasses of wine.
(d) One and a half bottles of vodka.
14. How many legitimate children does Troy have?
15. Why is Judge Wycliff enjoying himself?
(a) Because he did not like Troy.
(b) Because the courtroom is packed.
(c) He is a little jealous of all of Troy's money.
(d) Because he is glad the relatives will not get anything.
Short Answer Questions
1. In accordance with Troy's wishes, what does Josh do?
2. What does Fernando tell Jevy?
3. How does Nate feel in South America?
4. What happens to an heir that contests the will?
5. Who continually calls the Stafford Law Firm?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)