• THE TESTAMENT by John Grisham opens with the inner thoughts of Troy Phelan. He explains that he is an old man and ready to die.
• He detests his family, which consists of his three ex-wives and seven children amongst them. He is worth eleven billion dollars.
• Some think he is crazy because he wears long white robes and has become a bit of a recluse.
• He knows that he is about to die and jokingly refers to his lunch of crackers as his last meal.
• Troy Phelan's lawyer, Josh Stafford meets with Troy to confirm Troy's mental capacities for creating a new will.
• It allows for generous gifts to his family. Most of his family had hired lawyers to make certain Troy was certified sane and able.
• Following a unanimous decision in favor of Troy's mental state, he signed the will and his heirs began to...
This section contains 3,055 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)