|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Black on White.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Global English is either British or what?
2. In order to find early Black American English, one must travel to the American South, especially Charlestown and where?
(b) South Carolina.
3. Northern Germany, Denmark, and the Netherlands produced their own language tree that divided into what and German?
4. The Scots of the Lowlands first spoke a form of English brought by the Angles of Northumbria mixed with four ethnic groups that invaded during what period?
(a) The Dark Ages.
(b) The Inquisition.
(c) The Restoration.
(d) The Rensaissance.
5. Who initiated the English Reformation?
(a) King Leopold I.
(b) King Henry VIII.
(c) King George II.
(d) Queen Elizabeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was a central figure in the Uncle Remus stories of the Southern United States?
2. When did the American Civil War begin?
3. When did the Angles, Saxons, and Jutes sail from Denmark and the German Coast into Britain?
4. What term refers to African Americans who live in the Lowcountry region of South Carolina and Georgia, which includes both the coastal plain and the Sea Islands?
5. Which name prefix did the Scots originate?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)