|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Black on White.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did James I lead a council of bishops and Puritan divines to create the King James Bible?
2. When was Jonathan Swift born?
3. What is one of the four provinces of Ireland, located in the north of the island?
4. When did the First World War begin?
5. Global English is either British or what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What committee was formed to make decisions regarding standard English pronunciation for broadcasting in England?
2. The people of what country have recently developed a fanatical desire to learn English, and English is vital in many developing countries, according to the author?
3. Approximately how many words are in the English language?
4. Who were among the first English-speaking migrants to the west and their descendants live in Cornwall, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and Brittany?
5. Northern Germany, Denmark, and the Netherlands produced their own language tree that divided into what and German?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)