|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who currently lived at the home Malcolm detoured past on her way to interview Clarissa Roche in Part Two: Chapter IX?
2. Sylvia wrote in her journals that she was certain she had the ability to commit suicide, murder a woman, and ____________.
3. What game had Elizabeth Sigmund played with Olwyn Hughes on a few occasions?
4. Elizabeth Sigmund recounted an incident, soon after Sylvia's death, in which Ted did all except __________.
5. There was always a close association between Sylvia's work and what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Dido Merwin and her critical response of Bitter Fame. What were the main points of the biography which were attacked and why?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the coming-of-age period during the 1950s of Sylvia Plath. How did the public and critics respond to Plath's poetry? What impact did she have on women during the period in which the feminist movement began?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the two introductions of The Journals of Sylvia Plath and analyze the introductions of each. What differences are in the work of Ted Hughes in the book?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)