|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the eve of her death, Sylvia Plath insisted on paying for what which she got from Trevor Thomas?
2. Ted Hughes was outraged by Rose's inference that Plath questioned her sexual identity in what work?
3. According to a letter from Anne Stevenson in which she provided her take on Sylvia and her work, Sylvia had used poetry as a way to stage her own what?
4. When was Ariel published?
5. Anne Stevenson's early days in England were much like Sylvia's because neither woman was prepared for __________.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the aftermath of Bitter Fame's publication. Should Anne Stevenson have published the book, considering her apprehension about its validity? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Sylvia Plath's relationship with Richard Sassoon. When did they meet? How long did they have a relationship? What ended it?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the correlations between Anne Stevenson's life and that of Sylvia Plath. What similarities did these female writers share? What differences?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)