|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Elizabeth Sigmund recounted an incident, soon after Sylvia's death, in which Ted did all except __________.
2. What is the name of the protagonist in The Bell Jar?
3. Alvarez responded to Ted Hughes in letters that his work was honest and not one of _____________.
4. In Part Three: Chapter IV, Malcolm had another run-in with Olwyn, who felt she took Sylvia's side when a former boyfriend she interviewed felt Sylvia had __________.
5. Almost every writer, Anne Stevenson concluded, has some form of depression which stems from the internal nagging that the writer was not _____________.
Essay Topic 1
Describe and analyze The Bell Jar and its depiction of Sylvia's relationship with her mother. What about the work did Aurelia find "ungrateful"?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship between Anne Stevenson and Ted and Olwyn Hughes. How did Anne come to work with Olwyn on the biography?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Sylvia Plath's relationship with Richard Sassoon. When did they meet? How long did they have a relationship? What ended it?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)