|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to a letter from Anne Stevenson in which she provided her take on Sylvia and her work, Sylvia had used poetry as a way to stage her own what?
2. Alvarez responded to Ted Hughes in letters that his work was honest and not one of _____________.
3. Jacqueline Rose only dealt with Olwyn Hughes when asking to publish _________ in her biography.
4. The editor of The Journals of Sylvia Plath defended her cuts as ___________ when publishing such raw material as journal entries?
5. Immediately after Sylvia's suicide, whom did Elizabeth Sigmund blame?
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the relationship between Janet Malcolm and Anne Stevenson at the University of Michigan. When did Stevenson's writing career take off?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss Sylvia Plath's father and his relationship with the author. How is this relationship depicted in "Daddy"?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the coming-of-age period during the 1950s of Sylvia Plath. How did the public and critics respond to Plath's poetry? What impact did she have on women during the period in which the feminist movement began?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)