Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to a letter from Anne Stevenson in which she provided her take on Sylvia and her work, Sylvia had used poetry as a way to stage her own what?
2. Alvarez responded to Ted Hughes in letters that his work was honest and not one of _____________.
3. Jacqueline Rose only dealt with Olwyn Hughes when asking to publish _________ in her biography.
4. The editor of The Journals of Sylvia Plath defended her cuts as ___________ when publishing such raw material as journal entries?
5. Immediately after Sylvia's suicide, whom did Elizabeth Sigmund blame?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the two introductions of The Journals of Sylvia Plath and analyze the introductions of each. What differences are in the work of Ted Hughes in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and analyze the relationship between Sylvia Plath and Olwyn Hughes. What were Malcolm's first impressions of Olwyn like?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role that literary criticism plays in the publication of books. What impact do critics have on book sales and the public opinion of works?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)