|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to a letter from Anne Stevenson in which she provided her take on Sylvia and her work, Sylvia had used poetry as a way to stage her own what?
2. Alvarez responded to Ted Hughes in letters that his work was honest and not one of _____________.
3. Jacqueline Rose only dealt with Olwyn Hughes when asking to publish _________ in her biography.
4. The editor of The Journals of Sylvia Plath defended her cuts as ___________ when publishing such raw material as journal entries?
5. Immediately after Sylvia's suicide, whom did Elizabeth Sigmund blame?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role that literary criticism plays in the publication of books. What impact do critics have on book sales and the public opinion of works?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and analyze Sylvia Plath's The Wishing Box. How was Plath's personal life and emotional state revealed in the work? When was it published?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the life and career of the author. What led Janet Malcolm to approach this subject and book?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)