|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to a letter from Anne Stevenson in which she provided her take on Sylvia and her work, Sylvia had used poetry as a way to stage her own what?
2. Alvarez responded to Ted Hughes in letters that his work was honest and not one of _____________.
(b) Evil motivation.
3. Jacqueline Rose only dealt with Olwyn Hughes when asking to publish _________ in her biography.
(a) Quotes of hers.
(b) Letters from her brother.
(c) An introduction.
(d) Entire poems.
4. The editor of The Journals of Sylvia Plath defended her cuts as ___________ when publishing such raw material as journal entries?
5. Immediately after Sylvia's suicide, whom did Elizabeth Sigmund blame?
(a) Sylvia Plath.
(b) Ted Hughes.
(c) Clarissa Roche.
(d) Olwyn Hughes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ted felt that Sylvia's work lacked what element?
2. Sylvia's failed confrontation with whom in Paris comprised the most interesting and least tampered with entries of The Journals of Sylvia Plath?
3. Ted Hughes asked that Anne Stevenson keep Assia's story out of which book?
4. Sylvia wrote in her journals that she was certain she had the ability to commit suicide, murder a woman, and ____________.
5. When did Malcolm meet with Trevor Thomas?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)