|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children did Assia Wevill have with Ted Hughes?
2. Malcolm drew a parallel between Anne Stevenson's failed relationship and her guilt-ridden past to the subservient role she took on with whom?
(a) Ted Hughes.
(b) Owlyn Hughes.
(c) Phillip Hobsbaum.
(d) Dido Merwin.
3. What poem written by Sylvia Plath, originally collected in the posthumously published volume Ariel, describes the speaker's oppression with the use of World War II Nazi Germany allusions and images?
(a) The Night Dances.
(b) Poppies in October.
(c) Lady Lazarus.
(d) Sheep in Fog.
4. There was always a close association between Sylvia's work and what?
(a) Her love of Greek literature.
(b) Her love of Shakespeare.
(c) Her spirituality.
(d) Her personal life.
5. Anne Stevenson wrote that "it took me two unhappy marriages and ____ children to make me reconsider my assumptions."
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Malcolm feel like upon arriving at Sylvia's former home in Part Two: Chapter IX?
2. To assuage Ted's hurt artistic side, A. Alvarez wrote in a letter that he felt Ted and Sylvia were ______________.
3. Anne Stevenson's early days in England were much like Sylvia's because neither woman was prepared for __________.
4. When was Jacqueline Rose's biography of Sylvia Plath published?
5. What was the name of Clarissa Roche's husband of whom Sylvia had less than kind things to say about?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)