|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part Two: Chapters VIII, Elizabeth Sigmund mentioned that Ted and Carol no longer speak to whom?
(a) Olwyn Hughes.
(b) A. Alvarez.
(c) Aurelia Plath.
(d) Clarissa Roche.
2. What editor of The Journals of Sylvia Plath was criticized for her own omission of some works?
(a) Roberta Jefferies.
(b) Helen Barry.
(c) Frances McCullough.
(d) Amanda Reynolds.
3. A. Alvarez claimed to have thought that Bitter Fame was an example of ___________.
(a) "Female bitchiness."
(d) "Writers block."
4. What poem from Ariel is written in nine 7-line stanzas, totaling sixty-three lines, and follows no rhyme scheme?
(a) Morning Song.
(c) The Bee Meeting.
5. The editor of The Journals of Sylvia Plath defended her cuts as ___________ when publishing such raw material as journal entries?
Short Answer Questions
1. Sylvia Plath met Ted Hughes during her last year at which school?
2. What book did A. Alvarez write on the subject of divorce?
3. What did Ted Hughes called Alvarez' assertion that there was a professional jealousy between him and Sylvia?
4. Malcolm drew a parallel between Anne Stevenson's failed relationship and her guilt-ridden past to the subservient role she took on with whom?
5. Ted Hughes was outraged by Rose's inference that Plath questioned her sexual identity in what work?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)