|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sylvia resigned from teaching when she and Ted decided to make a living on __________.
(a) Her inheritance.
(b) His investments.
(c) Their writing.
(d) Their publishing company.
2. Ted felt that Sylvia's work lacked what element?
3. When The Journals of Sylvia Plath were published, they were met with derision--first because of Ted's admission that he had done what?
(a) Lost a journal.
(b) Taken out parts that offended him.
(c) Never read them.
(d) Made up several passages.
4. What was Ted seen as in Sylvia's life, according to her therapist?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A brother.
(c) A father figure.
(d) A best friend.
5. Ted Hughes had sued Trevor Thomas for claiming that on the night of Sylvia's funeral, Ted __________.
(a) Banged loudly on the floors and walls.
(b) Held a big party.
(c) Got in a fight with him.
(d) Cried all night.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sylvia saw a therapist who felt that her relationship with whom was central to her problems?
2. Ted Hughes was outraged by Rose's inference that Plath questioned her sexual identity in what work?
3. How many years of hell did Ted Hughes go through after Sylvia's death, according to Anne Stevenson in Part Two: Chapter IV?
4. Sylvia Plath's extremism and ________ were things that Anne Stevenson deplored.
5. When did Assia Wevill die?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)