|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sylvia Plath met Ted Hughes during her last year at which school?
(a) Smith College.
(b) Brown University.
(c) Yale University.
(d) Dartmouth College.
2. What editor of The Journals of Sylvia Plath was criticized for her own omission of some works?
(a) Amanda Reynolds.
(b) Helen Barry.
(c) Roberta Jefferies.
(d) Frances McCullough.
3. Anne Stevenson claimed that in her early days in England she reached for a drink much as Sylvia reached for ___________.
4. Where did Malcolm ask her taxi driver to detour on the way to interview Clarissa Roche?
(a) Cleobury Mortimer.
(b) Wimborne Minster.
(c) Paddock Wood.
(d) North Tawton.
5. How long had Anne Stevenson worked on her biography of Sylvia Plath before it was published?
(a) Five years.
(b) Two years.
(c) One year.
(d) Four years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Trevor Thomas know Sylvia Plath?
2. Sylvia wrote in her journals that she was certain she had the ability to commit suicide, murder a woman, and ____________.
3. On the eve of her death, Sylvia Plath insisted on paying for what which she got from Trevor Thomas?
4. Who currently lived at the home Malcolm detoured past on her way to interview Clarissa Roche in Part Two: Chapter IX?
5. When The Journals of Sylvia Plath were published, it left many thinking that the words and spirit of Sylvia had been ___________.
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)