|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: Chapters V and VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hughes claim Sylvia had discarded during the last years of her life in the first publication of The Journals of Sylvia Plath?
(b) Personal relationships.
(c) False selves.
2. What book by A. Alvarez about suicide gained added resonance from his friendship with Plath?
(a) Where Did It All Go Right.
(b) School of Donne.
(c) Life after Marriage: Scenes from Divorce.
(d) The Savage God.
3. Where was A. Alvarez born?
(b) El Salvador.
4. What university did Janet Malcolm attend?
(a) University of Illinois.
(b) University of Montana.
(c) University of Michigan.
(d) University of Idaho.
5. To what friend of the Hughes was William Stanley Merwin married?
(a) Anne Stevenson.
(b) Sylvia Plath.
(c) Dido Milroy.
(d) Janet Malcolm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Janet Malcolm met with Olwyn Hughes in February of what year in Part One: Chapter VI?
2. In what year had a literary critic declared that what stood out about Plath's works was that Plath's "not nice" quality was what set her apart from her contemporaries?
3. Under what pseudonym was The Bell Jar originally published?
4. From 1956 to 1966, A. Alvarez was the poetry editor and critic for what publication?
5. What university had Sylvia Plath attended?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)