|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: Chapters V and VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Anne Stevenson viewed by the author and her peers while at the university?
(a) She was detested.
(b) She was admired.
(c) She was considered ignorant.
(d) She was untrusted.
2. What refers to a collection of movements aimed at defining, establishing, and defending equal political, economic, and social rights and equal opportunities for women?
(c) Civil rights.
3. In what year had a literary critic declared that what stood out about Plath's works was that Plath's "not nice" quality was what set her apart from her contemporaries?
4. When was Sylvia Plath born?
5. For what magazine is Janet Malcolm on staff?
(a) The New Yorker.
(b) Time Magazine.
(c) Rolling Stone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reprinting of letters, in which Sylvia wrote to her mother and which displayed her nice daughter side, was published by Plath's mother?
2. What "friend" of Plath finally felt the freedom to express her true feelings for the poet by relating that she was a horrible wife and a martyr?
3. Where was Sylvia Plath born?
4. What book by A. Alvarez about suicide gained added resonance from his friendship with Plath?
5. What American analytic philosopher best known for his work in ethics and aesthetics was the father of Anne Stevenson?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)