|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: Chapters V and VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who applauded Wagner-Martin for not caving to the demands of the "evil" sister as Anne Stevenson had done?
(a) A. Alvarez.
(b) Anne Stevenson.
(c) Ted Hughes.
(d) Ronald Hayman.
2. A. Alvarez was initially much more impressed with Ted--thinking of Sylvia as __________.
(a) A trophy wife.
(b) A literary genious.
(c) The perfect woman.
(d) A dowdy little housewife.
3. When was Anne Stevenson born?
4. When was Ronald Hayman born?
5. When did Ted Hughes and Sylvia Plath marry?
Short Answer Questions
1. What reprinting of letters, in which Sylvia wrote to her mother and which displayed her nice daughter side, was published by Plath's mother?
2. Janet Malcolm met with Olwyn Hughes in February of what year in Part One: Chapter VI?
3. What "friend" of Plath finally felt the freedom to express her true feelings for the poet by relating that she was a horrible wife and a martyr?
4. What did Sylvia Plath leave for her children when they awoke the night she killed herself?
5. In the second version of The Journals of Sylvia Plath, Hughes indicated that he might be able to get his hands on what?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)