|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: Chapters V and VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the novel The Bell Jar first published under Sylvia Plath's name?
2. How did Sylvia Plath commit suicide?
(a) She hung herself.
(b) She gassed herself.
(c) She overdosed.
(d) She shot herself.
3. What reprinting of letters, in which Sylvia wrote to her mother and which displayed her nice daughter side, was published by Plath's mother?
(a) A Loving Correspondence.
(b) Love, Sylvia.
(c) Letters Home.
(d) A Daughter Far Away.
4. Who applauded Wagner-Martin for not caving to the demands of the "evil" sister as Anne Stevenson had done?
(a) Ted Hughes.
(b) A. Alvarez.
(c) Ronald Hayman.
(d) Anne Stevenson.
5. Whose memoir depicting Sylvia Plath did Olwyn Hughes criticize relentlessly?
(a) Janet Malcolm's.
(b) Ted Hughes'.
(c) Anne Stevenson's.
(d) A. Alvarez's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Olwyn didn't write her own book because she wasn't a writer and, as Ted told her, no one would have ________.
2. How many words did Ted Hughes cut from Linda Wagner-Martin's manuscript?
3. What university did Janet Malcolm attend?
4. Who wrote The Colossus and Other Poems?
5. With whom was Ted Hughes having an affair at the time of Sylvia Plath's death?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)