|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: Chapters VIII and IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Ariel published?
2. In the first publication of The Journals of Sylvia Plath, Hughes commented how in the last several years of her life, Sylvia had found ______________.
(a) The perfect editor.
(b) Her true voice as a poet.
(d) Her lost journals.
3. When did Ted Hughes die?
4. What biography mentioned a cloth beneath Sylvia's head as she inhaled the gas fumes and a testimonial statement by her doctor that she had been in a dire mental condition?
(a) The Haunting of Sylvia Plath.
(b) Bitter Fame.
(c) Sylvia Plath: Method and Madness: A Biography.
(d) The Unraveling Archive: Essays on Sylvia Plath.
5. What was the address where Sylvia committed suicide?
(a) 23 Fitzroy Road.
(b) 75 Kirkland Drive.
(c) 168 Holland Circle.
(d) 439 Meadow Lane.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to a letter from Anne Stevenson in which she provided her take on Sylvia and her work, Sylvia had used poetry as a way to stage her own what?
2. What poems did Plath write for the most part in the two months after Ted had left Devon?
3. In what year had a literary critic declared that what stood out about Plath's works was that Plath's "not nice" quality was what set her apart from her contemporaries?
4. Where was Sylvia Plath born?
5. When The Journals of Sylvia Plath were published, it left many thinking that the words and spirit of Sylvia had been ___________.
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)