|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: Chapters VIII and IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Elizabeth Sigmund was friends with Sylvia Plath for how long?
(a) One year.
(b) Six years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Ten years.
2. When was Janet Malcolm born?
3. When was Anne Stevenson's book Living in America: Poems published?
4. A. Alvarez claimed that Olwyn and Ted Hughes probably chose Anne Stevenson to write a biography on Sylvia because they could ______________.
(a) Believe in her.
(b) Feel good about themselves.
(c) Profit from her.
(d) Manipulate her.
5. What was the title of Ted Hughes' last work?
(a) Flowers and Insects.
(b) The Hawk in the Rain.
(c) Birthday Letters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sylvia Plath met Ted Hughes during her last year at which school?
2. To A. Alvarez, Anne Stevenson was a minor writer writing about a major writer and thus there was natural ____________.
3. When was the book The Colossus and Other Poems first published?
4. Who was named the literary agent for the writings of Sylvia Plath after her death?
5. In a letter to her former lover at the end of their relationship, Sylvia told him, "Perhaps when we find ourselves wanting everything it is because we are dangerously near to wanting __________."
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)