|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: Chapters VIII and IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Elizabeth Sigmund portray Olwyn Hughes as being envious of in her interview with Malcolm?
(a) Sylvia's talent and beauty.
(b) Sylvia's love from Ted.
(c) Sylvia's money.
(d) Sylvia's compassion and depth.
2. In Part Two: Chapters VIII, Elizabeth Sigmund mentioned that Ted and Carol no longer speak to whom?
(a) A. Alvarez.
(b) Aurelia Plath.
(c) Olwyn Hughes.
(d) Clarissa Roche.
3. What was the name of the man Sylvia was involved with when she met Ted Hughes?
(a) Abraham Thompson.
(b) David Neighbors.
(c) Ralph Brighton.
(d) Richard Sassoon.
4. Who applauded Wagner-Martin for not caving to the demands of the "evil" sister as Anne Stevenson had done?
(a) Ted Hughes.
(b) Anne Stevenson.
(c) Ronald Hayman.
(d) A. Alvarez.
5. What American analytic philosopher best known for his work in ethics and aesthetics was the father of Anne Stevenson?
(a) Charles Stevenson.
(b) Harold Stevenson.
(c) Richard Stevenson.
(d) Robert Stevenson.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Ariel published?
2. Anne Stevenson's early days in England were much like Sylvia's because neither woman was prepared for __________.
3. What "friend" of Plath finally felt the freedom to express her true feelings for the poet by relating that she was a horrible wife and a martyr?
4. A. Alvarez noted that toward the end of her life, Sylvia's once reserved persona was replaced with an aggressive one, most apparent when she was doing what activity?
5. Under what pseudonym was The Bell Jar originally published?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)