|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: Chapters VIII and IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Assia Wevill die?
(a) She was hit by a car.
(c) She gassed herself.
(d) A heart attack.
2. What poet and playwright had previously lived at the residence where Sylvia Plath committed suicide?
(a) Charles Bukowski.
(b) W. B. Yeats.
(c) Jack Kerouac.
(d) Leonard Cohen.
3. When was the second version of The Journals of Sylvia Plath released?
4. Janet Malcolm met with Olwyn Hughes in February of what year in Part One: Chapter VI?
5. Sylvia Plath's extremism and ________ were things that Anne Stevenson deplored.
Short Answer Questions
1. From 1956 to 1966, A. Alvarez was the poetry editor and critic for what publication?
2. Sylvia had told her mother about the dismal kitchens and ____________ in England.
3. When was Janet Malcolm born?
4. How many children did Assia Wevill have with Ted Hughes?
5. In Part Two: Chapter IV, Malcolm hadn't been able to interview Alvarez or Ted because who basically disallowed it?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)