Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is hungry, cold and miserable in Chapter 1?
2. Who does not know how to help Barbie on her journey in Chapter 2?
3. To whom does George tell Thessaly that he sent the birds to haunt and give bad dreams?
4. Who dreams about beautiful dresses in Chapter 2?
5. Who only has soy milk instead of cream?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Morpheus do to liberate Barbie and what is revealed about him in Chapter 5?
2. In Chapter 2, what does Barbie dream about that makes her worried?
3. What does Barbie want to do with Tantoblin's body?
4. What does Thessaly say to the Moon?
5. What does Thessaly carry when she approaches George's room after burning one of his birds?
6. What does Thessaly tell Hazel and Foxglove about cuckoo birds?
7. What does Barbie remember about her journey with Martin in Chapter 4?
8. What does the beggar woman observe in Chapter 3?
9. What does Barbie do at the tombstone at the end of the book?
10. What do Nuala and Morpheus talk about in Chapter 4?
Essay Topic 1
Consider the discussion about pregnancy and sex between Hazel and Barbie. What myths are being circulated? What are being dispelled? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Write a short essay analyzing the different emotional changes of three characters, looking at similar events and how they impact each of them quite differently.
Essay Topic 3
"The Sandman: A Game of You" is a fantasy. Describe what elements of fantasy are revealed in the book. Is the book geared toward adults? Why or why not? Describe.
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)