|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Barbie and Wanda accosted by a beggar woman?
2. Who killed George in Chapter 3?
3. Who is asked to stand next to Barbie because she is not biologically a woman?
4. Who cuts open his or her chest and releases birds in Chapter 2?
5. What happens when a bird lands on Thessaly in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what the book "Sandman: A Game of You" is about.
2. What is Wanda's concerns that she shares with Barbie at the end of Chapter 3?
3. Describe what happens when Thessaly enters Hazel's apartment in Chapter 3.
4. What do the women need to do in order to prevent the Cuckoo from succeeding, and what are their options in Chapter 3?
5. What does Thessaly carry when she approaches George's room after burning one of his birds?
6. What is Foxglove's dream when a bird lands upon her?
7. What does Thessaly do in order to talk to George?
8. Describe what the characters in the Land are concerned about in Chapter 1.
9. What is the scary dream that Hazel has about a baby?
10. Describe the interaction between the big dog and Barbie.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief portrait study of Morpheus. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics?
Essay Topic 2
Gender is an issue that is frequently debated, discussed and described in this book. How is gender portrayed through the characters of Barbie, Wanda, Hazel, Foxglove and Thessaly? What stereotypes or cultural or societal views are reinforced, questioned or rejected? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
"The Sandman: A Game of You" is a fantasy. Describe what elements of fantasy are revealed in the book. Is the book geared toward adults? Why or why not? Describe.
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)