|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Barbie remember that she must go in Chapter 2?
2. Who tells the group in Chapter 1 that the princess has not forgotten their plight?
3. In what city is Barbie in when she wakes up from her first dream in an apartment?
4. Who worries when the Moon disappears in Chapter 3?
5. Who is afraid of sleeping in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. To whom does the Cuckoo introduce Barbie?
2. What happens when a bird lands on Thessaly?
3. What does Barbie discuss with Aunt Dora in the diner?
4. What is the danger that approaches Barbie and Wilkinson as they read the scroll?
5. What does Barbie do while wearing mourning clothes in Chapter 6?
6. When Thessaly, Hazel and Foxglove walk along the Moon's Road, where do they end up and what do they do?
7. What does the Porpentine foreshadow in Chapter 1?
8. What is Wanda's concerns that she shares with Barbie at the end of Chapter 3?
9. What does Thessaly tell Hazel and Foxglove about cuckoo birds?
10. Who does Wilkinson mention to Barbie in Chapter 4 that she remembers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe some of the settings for this book. What is the overall setting? Be sure to include geography, time period and any pertinent popular-culture events. How does the location of these events affect the understanding of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the symbolism inherent in the use of jewelry, stones and other objects in the book.
Essay Topic 3
Author Neil Gaiman constantly brings up metaphors and imagery associated with change. Give three examples of how change is portrayed and characters who unexpectedly show great confidence.
This section contains 1,347 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)