|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Thessaly missing from George's face that she needs in order to talk to him in Chapter 3?
2. What does Barbie give the beggar woman?
3. Who cuts open his or her chest and releases birds in Chapter 2?
4. Who tells the group in Chapter 1 that the princess has not forgotten their plight?
5. Whom does Wanda greet on her way back to Barbie's apartment in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Porpentine foreshadow in Chapter 1?
2. Describe what the characters in the Land are concerned about in Chapter 1.
3. Describe the interaction between the big dog and Barbie.
4. What does Thessaly carry when she approaches George's room after burning one of his birds?
5. What does Thessaly do in order to talk to George?
6. What are the strange discoveries in George's apartment?
7. What is Foxglove's dream when a bird lands upon her?
8. Describe the Weirdzos.
9. What happens when Barbie and Wanda go to the subway in Chapter 1?
10. Describe Hazel's actions that could lead to pregnancy in Chapter 2.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
"The Sandman: A Game of You" is a fantasy. Describe what elements of fantasy are revealed in the book. Is the book geared toward adults? Why or why not? Describe.
Essay Topic 2
Foreshadowing is used heavily in "The Sandman: A Game of You." Find three instances and explain how foreshadowing is used to show events that will come.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters of Barbie and Cuckoo. What is their relationship to each other? How are they similar? How are they different? Examine this in light of identity.
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)