|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barbie describe as "yechy" in Chapter 1?
2. What do the girls want to do when they find George's corpse?
3. What is Thessaly missing from George's face that she needs in order to talk to him in Chapter 3?
4. Who is asked to stand next to Barbie because she is not biologically a woman?
5. Who are the Weirdzos mentioned in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Barbie and Wanda go to the subway in Chapter 1?
2. Describe the Weirdzos.
3. Describe the big dog in the street mentioned in Chapter 1.
4. What do the women need to do in order to prevent the Cuckoo from succeeding, and what are their options in Chapter 3?
5. Describe what the characters in the Land are concerned about in Chapter 1.
6. What does Thessaly say to the Moon?
7. In Chapter 2, what does Barbie dream about that makes her worried?
8. Describe Barbie's initial interaction with Luz, Wilkinson and Prinado in Chapter 2.
9. Describe Hazel's actions that could lead to pregnancy in Chapter 2.
10. At the end of Chapter 2, what does Barbie need to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider the discussion about pregnancy and sex between Hazel and Barbie. What myths are being circulated? What are being dispelled? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
"The Sandman: A Game of You" is a fantasy. Describe what elements of fantasy are revealed in the book. Is the book geared toward adults? Why or why not? Describe.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief portrait study of Wanda. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her through life? How does she change from the beginning of the book to the middle to the end?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)