|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Thessaly say she needs to talk to in Chapter 3?
2. Which character confesses in Chapter 2 to having an abortion in high school?
3. What happens when Barbie tells Luz, Prinado and Wilkinson that Martin is dead in Chapter 2?
4. Who may have been murdered by the Black Guard?
5. Whom does Wanda admit that she wanted to be when she grew up?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what the book "Sandman: A Game of You" is about.
2. Describe what happens when Thessaly enters Hazel's apartment in Chapter 3.
3. What does the Porpentine foreshadow in Chapter 1?
4. What is the scary dream that Hazel has about a baby?
5. What does Thessaly do in order to talk to George?
6. What happens when Barbie and Wanda go to the subway in Chapter 1?
7. What does the beggar woman observe in Chapter 3?
8. Describe the big dog in the street mentioned in Chapter 1.
9. What happens when a bird lands on Thessaly?
10. What does George do with the bird and how does he relate this to Barbie at the end of Chapter 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
"The Sandman: A Game of You" is a fantasy. Describe what elements of fantasy are revealed in the book. Is the book geared toward adults? Why or why not? Describe.
Essay Topic 2
"The Sandman: A Game of You" has numerous themes ranging from gender and sexuality to identity and religion. Pick one theme and describe it at length, mentioning its effect on all the principal and secondary characters.
Essay Topic 3
Consider the discussion about pregnancy and sex between Hazel and Barbie. What myths are being circulated? What are being dispelled? Explain.
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)