|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What resembles a chessboard in Chapter 1?
2. Who wakes up from nightmares at 3 a.m. in New York in Chapter 3?
3. Who wants to leave the apartment after finding George's body but cannot do so?
4. What does Wilkinson say after learning about Martin's death?
5. In Chapter 2, who is afraid of being pregnant?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Weirdzos.
2. In Chapter 2, what does Barbie dream about that makes her worried?
3. At the end of Chapter 2, what does Barbie need to do?
4. What happens when a bird lands on Thessaly?
5. Describe what the characters in the Land are concerned about in Chapter 1.
6. Describe what Thessaly tells Hazel, Barbie, Wanda and Foxglove about George.
7. What do the women need to do in order to prevent the Cuckoo from succeeding, and what are their options in Chapter 3?
8. Describe Wanda's procurement of coffee for Barbie in Chapter 1.
9. What is Wanda's concerns that she shares with Barbie at the end of Chapter 3?
10. What does the Porpentine foreshadow in Chapter 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider the discussion about pregnancy and sex between Hazel and Barbie. What myths are being circulated? What are being dispelled? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Author Neil Gaiman constantly brings up metaphors and imagery associated with change. Give three examples of how change is portrayed and characters who unexpectedly show great confidence.
Essay Topic 3
"The Sandman: A Game of You" is a fantasy. Describe what elements of fantasy are revealed in the book. Is the book geared toward adults? Why or why not? Describe.
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)