|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thessaly ask Foxglove to give her in Chapter 3?
2. When Thessaly asks George who he is, what does he say in Chapter 3?
3. Where does Barbie remember that she must go in Chapter 2?
4. Which character confesses in Chapter 2 to having an abortion in high school?
5. Who knocks on George's door holding a hidden knife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does George do with the bird and how does he relate this to Barbie at the end of Chapter 1?
2. What do the women think of Thessaly initially in Chapter 3?
3. How do Luz and Wilkinson respond to the death of Martin in Chapter 1?
4. What are the strange discoveries in George's apartment?
5. What is Wanda's concerns that she shares with Barbie at the end of Chapter 3?
6. Describe the Weirdzos.
7. Describe Wanda's procurement of coffee for Barbie in Chapter 1.
8. In Chapter 3, what does George tell Thessaly about his role?
9. What is the scary dream that Hazel has about a baby?
10. Describe what Thessaly tells Hazel, Barbie, Wanda and Foxglove about George.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider the discussion about pregnancy and sex between Hazel and Barbie. What myths are being circulated? What are being dispelled? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Describe some of the settings for this book. What is the overall setting? Be sure to include geography, time period and any pertinent popular-culture events. How does the location of these events affect the understanding of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief portrait study of Morpheus. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)