|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Wanda greet on her way back to Barbie's apartment in Chapter 1?
2. What does one character use to find the princess in Chapter 1?
3. Who is the young woman plagued by involvement in a dream world mentioned in Chapter 1?
4. When Thessaly asks George why he tried to harm them, what does he say?
5. Since Wanda and Barbie are broke in Chapter 1, where are they going to go?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens when Thessaly enters Hazel's apartment in Chapter 3.
2. Describe what the book "Sandman: A Game of You" is about.
3. Describe Barbie's initial interaction with Luz, Wilkinson and Prinado in Chapter 2.
4. Describe the Weirdzos.
5. Describe Wanda's procurement of coffee for Barbie in Chapter 1.
6. What are the strange discoveries in George's apartment?
7. Describe Hazel's actions that could lead to pregnancy in Chapter 2.
8. What horrific action does George do in Chapter 2 that unleashes negative repercussions on everyone?
9. What do the women need to do in order to prevent the Cuckoo from succeeding, and what are their options in Chapter 3?
10. What does Thessaly carry when she approaches George's room after burning one of his birds?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief portrait study of Wanda. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her through life? How does she change from the beginning of the book to the middle to the end?
Essay Topic 2
What is the witchcraft performed by Thessaly? How does this and other acts separate her from the other women? What kind of characterization does this result in? Describe.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters of Barbie and Wanda.
Part 1) What is their relationship? How do they co-exist and how do they interact? What is similar about them and what is different?
Part 2) What are some events upon which Barbie has a direct influence? What are some events upon which Wanda had a direct influence?
Part 3) Which character offers support to the group? Which one is stronger and why?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)