|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Wanda admit that she wanted to be when she grew up?
2. What happens when the group reaches Wanda's apartment in Chapter 3?
3. Whom does Wanda tease about smoking too much in Chapter 1?
4. What does Thessaly think the object that Barbie holds can do?
5. What does Barbie say that she stopped doing after she split up with Ken?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the women think of Thessaly initially in Chapter 3?
2. Describe Barbie's initial interaction with Luz, Wilkinson and Prinado in Chapter 2.
3. How do Luz and Wilkinson respond to the death of Martin in Chapter 1?
4. Describe what the book "Sandman: A Game of You" is about.
5. Describe what the characters in the Land are concerned about in Chapter 1.
6. What happens when Barbie and Wanda go to the subway in Chapter 1?
7. What does Thessaly say to the Moon?
8. Describe Hazel's actions that could lead to pregnancy in Chapter 2.
9. What is Foxglove's dream when a bird lands upon her?
10. What is the scary dream that Hazel has about a baby?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
"The Sandman: A Game of You" is a fantasy. Describe what elements of fantasy are revealed in the book. Is the book geared toward adults? Why or why not? Describe.
Essay Topic 2
Consider the use of the name "Cuckoo." What does this signify? Is it appropriate? In the story, what descriptions and connections are made about the word "cuckoo" and how do they relate to the character? How does your understanding of the name Cuckoo change when it becomes apparent that the Cuckoo is Barbie as a child? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
What is the witchcraft performed by Thessaly? How does this and other acts separate her from the other women? What kind of characterization does this result in? Describe.
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)