|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Barbie and Wanda accosted by a beggar woman?
2. Whom does Thessaly say she needs to talk to in Chapter 3?
3. What does the woman who might be pregnant fear about pregnancy tests?
4. While George waits patiently, what do the other characters do in Chapter 2?
5. To whom is Barbie an heir and savior in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when a bird lands on Thessaly?
2. Describe what happens when Thessaly enters Hazel's apartment in Chapter 3.
3. What happens when Barbie and Wanda go to the subway in Chapter 1?
4. What is the advice that Barbie gives Hazel in Chapter 2?
5. What is the scary dream that Hazel has about a baby?
6. What does George do with the bird and how does he relate this to Barbie at the end of Chapter 1?
7. What horrific action does George do in Chapter 2 that unleashes negative repercussions on everyone?
8. At the end of Chapter 2, what does Barbie need to do?
9. Describe the big dog in the street mentioned in Chapter 1.
10. Describe the Weirdzos.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
"The Sandman: A Game of You" has numerous themes ranging from gender and sexuality to identity and religion. Pick one theme and describe it at length, mentioning its effect on all the principal and secondary characters.
Essay Topic 2
Foreshadowing is used heavily in "The Sandman: A Game of You." Find three instances and explain how foreshadowing is used to show events that will come.
Essay Topic 3
Choose a character that inspires fear initially (Morpheus, Thessaly) but later evokes reluctant admiration and appreciation from the girls. Explain this change.
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)