Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is hungry, cold and miserable in Chapter 1?
2. Who does not know how to help Barbie on her journey in Chapter 2?
3. To whom does George tell Thessaly that he sent the birds to haunt and give bad dreams?
4. Who dreams about beautiful dresses in Chapter 2?
5. Who only has soy milk instead of cream?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Morpheus do to liberate Barbie and what is revealed about him in Chapter 5?
2. In Chapter 2, what does Barbie dream about that makes her worried?
3. What does Barbie want to do with Tantoblin's body?
4. What does Thessaly say to the Moon?
5. What does Thessaly carry when she approaches George's room after burning one of his birds?
6. What does Thessaly tell Hazel and Foxglove about cuckoo birds?
7. What does Barbie remember about her journey with Martin in Chapter 4?
8. What does the beggar woman observe in Chapter 3?
9. What does Barbie do at the tombstone at the end of the book?
10. What do Nuala and Morpheus talk about in Chapter 4?
"The Sandman: A Game of You" has numerous themes ranging from gender and sexuality to identity and religion. Pick one theme and describe it at length, mentioning its effect on all the principal and secondary characters.
Explore the use of make-up in the book. Barbie first paints her face as a chessboard in the opening chapter and then paints a veil on her face in the final chapter. She also writes on Wanda's tombstone with her lipstick. What does this imply about her? Is this absurdist? Is this significant? Explain.
What is the witchcraft performed by Thessaly? How does this and other acts separate her from the other women? What kind of characterization does this result in? Describe.
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)