|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city is Barbie in when she wakes up from her first dream in an apartment?
2. Who wants to leave the apartment after finding George's body but cannot do so?
3. What does Sandman suggest about people by looking at their inner fantasies?
4. What happens when a bird lands on Thessaly in Chapter 2?
5. What horrible event does Hazel dream about that involves Foxglove in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Weirdzos.
2. Describe Barbie's initial interaction with Luz, Wilkinson and Prinado in Chapter 2.
3. Describe what the book "Sandman: A Game of You" is about.
4. Describe what the characters in the Land are concerned about in Chapter 1.
5. In Chapter 2, what does Barbie dream about that makes her worried?
6. In Chapter 3, what does George tell Thessaly about his role?
7. Describe Hazel's actions that could lead to pregnancy in Chapter 2.
8. What is Foxglove's dream when a bird lands upon her?
9. What happens when a bird lands on Thessaly?
10. What is the scary dream that Hazel has about a baby?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In "The Sandman: A Game of You," the author delves deeply into the inner worlds of his characters. Describe how the first five chapters that discuss Barbie's dream world contrast sharply with the final chapter, in which Wanda's family rejects both Wanda and Barbie's beliefs.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters of Barbie and Cuckoo. What is their relationship to each other? How are they similar? How are they different? Examine this in light of identity.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters of Barbie and Wanda.
Part 1) What is their relationship? How do they co-exist and how do they interact? What is similar about them and what is different?
Part 2) What are some events upon which Barbie has a direct influence? What are some events upon which Wanda had a direct influence?
Part 3) Which character offers support to the group? Which one is stronger and why?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)