|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Barbie and Wanda plan on doing after they see the beggar woman?
2. Whom does Wanda greet on her way back to Barbie's apartment in Chapter 1?
3. What does Barbie give the beggar woman?
4. Where do Hazel, Wanda and Foxglove take Barbie in Chapter 3?
5. Who killed George in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Barbie and Wanda go to the subway in Chapter 1?
2. What does the beggar woman observe in Chapter 3?
3. What do the women think of Thessaly initially in Chapter 3?
4. Describe what the book "Sandman: A Game of You" is about.
5. What are the strange discoveries in George's apartment?
6. Describe the big dog in the street mentioned in Chapter 1.
7. Describe Wanda's procurement of coffee for Barbie in Chapter 1.
8. Describe the interaction between the big dog and Barbie.
9. Describe Hazel's actions that could lead to pregnancy in Chapter 2.
10. What does Thessaly do in order to talk to George?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider the discussion about pregnancy and sex between Hazel and Barbie. What myths are being circulated? What are being dispelled? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief portrait study of Wanda. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her through life? How does she change from the beginning of the book to the middle to the end?
Essay Topic 3
Gender is an issue that is frequently debated, discussed and described in this book. How is gender portrayed through the characters of Barbie, Wanda, Hazel, Foxglove and Thessaly? What stereotypes or cultural or societal views are reinforced, questioned or rejected? Explain.
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)