|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does not know how to help Barbie on her journey in Chapter 2?
2. Who only has soy milk instead of cream?
3. Since Wanda and Barbie are broke in Chapter 1, where are they going to go?
4. What is Barbie holding as she sleeps in Chapter 3?
5. What does one character use to find the princess in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Thessaly do in order to talk to George?
2. What is Foxglove's dream when a bird lands upon her?
3. Describe Barbie's initial interaction with Luz, Wilkinson and Prinado in Chapter 2.
4. Describe what the characters in the Land are concerned about in Chapter 1.
5. What does the Porpentine foreshadow in Chapter 1?
6. What do the women think of Thessaly initially in Chapter 3?
7. At the end of Chapter 2, what does Barbie need to do?
8. What horrific action does George do in Chapter 2 that unleashes negative repercussions on everyone?
9. Describe the interaction between the big dog and Barbie.
10. What does the beggar woman observe in Chapter 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
"The Sandman: A Game of You" has numerous themes ranging from gender and sexuality to identity and religion. Pick one theme and describe it at length, mentioning its effect on all the principal and secondary characters.
Essay Topic 2
Author Neil Gaiman constantly brings up metaphors and imagery associated with change. Give three examples of how change is portrayed and characters who unexpectedly show great confidence.
Essay Topic 3
In "The Sandman: A Game of You," the author delves deeply into the inner worlds of his characters. Describe how the first five chapters that discuss Barbie's dream world contrast sharply with the final chapter, in which Wanda's family rejects both Wanda and Barbie's beliefs.
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)