|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 2, who does the reader know will have future adventures in the Land?
2. Who is asked to stand next to Barbie because she is not biologically a woman?
3. Where do Hazel, Wanda and Foxglove take Barbie in Chapter 3?
4. When Barbie learns that the destination is far away, what does her response reveal about her nature in Chapter 2?
5. What are the two ways to get into another person's dreams mentioned in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the boon that Morpheus offers Barbie?
2. What does Morpheus do to liberate Barbie and what is revealed about him in Chapter 5?
3. What is Foxglove's dream when a bird lands upon her?
4. What does Barbie want to do with Tantoblin's body?
5. In Chapter 3, what does George tell Thessaly about his role?
6. What do the women think of Thessaly initially in Chapter 3?
7. What does Barbie ask Morpheus to do?
8. What is Wanda's concerns that she shares with Barbie at the end of Chapter 3?
9. What horrific action does George do in Chapter 2 that unleashes negative repercussions on everyone?
10. Describe Hazel's actions that could lead to pregnancy in Chapter 2.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Foreshadowing is used heavily in "The Sandman: A Game of You." Find three instances and explain how foreshadowing is used to show events that will come.
Essay Topic 2
Author Neil Gaiman constantly brings up metaphors and imagery associated with change. Give three examples of how change is portrayed and characters who unexpectedly show great confidence.
Essay Topic 3
In "The Sandman: A Game of You," the author delves deeply into the inner worlds of his characters. Describe how the first five chapters that discuss Barbie's dream world contrast sharply with the final chapter, in which Wanda's family rejects both Wanda and Barbie's beliefs.
This section contains 1,380 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)