Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is hungry, cold and miserable in Chapter 1?
2. Who does not know how to help Barbie on her journey in Chapter 2?
3. To whom does George tell Thessaly that he sent the birds to haunt and give bad dreams?
4. Who dreams about beautiful dresses in Chapter 2?
5. Who only has soy milk instead of cream?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Morpheus do to liberate Barbie and what is revealed about him in Chapter 5?
2. In Chapter 2, what does Barbie dream about that makes her worried?
3. What does Barbie want to do with Tantoblin's body?
4. What does Thessaly say to the Moon?
5. What does Thessaly carry when she approaches George's room after burning one of his birds?
6. What does Thessaly tell Hazel and Foxglove about cuckoo birds?
7. What does Barbie remember about her journey with Martin in Chapter 4?
8. What does the beggar woman observe in Chapter 3?
9. What does Barbie do at the tombstone at the end of the book?
10. What do Nuala and Morpheus talk about in Chapter 4?
Essay Topic 1
Write a short essay analyzing the different emotional changes of three characters, looking at similar events and how they impact each of them quite differently.
Essay Topic 2
Choose a character that inspires fear initially (Morpheus, Thessaly) but later evokes reluctant admiration and appreciation from the girls. Explain this change.
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of taking an ethereal journey versus just a physical one? How does this affect Barbie?
Part 1) What is the difference in the journeys of Barbie versus Thessaly?
Part 2) Describe Barbie's experience at the end and how it varies greatly from her arrival. What new friends has she made? What fears has she conquered?
Part 3) Of all the travelers, who gains the most knowledge and understanding from this adventure? Why?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)