|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does one character use to find the princess in Chapter 1?
2. When Thessaly cuts off George's face, what does Foxglove say is happening in Chapter 3?
3. Who does Foxglove think is talking to her in her dream in Chapter 2?
4. Who are the Weirdzos mentioned in Chapter 1?
5. When Hazel notices Wanda's "thingie," what does Wanda rebuke her for noticing in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the women need to do in order to prevent the Cuckoo from succeeding, and what are their options in Chapter 3?
2. Describe the interaction between the big dog and Barbie.
3. At the end of Chapter 2, what does Barbie need to do?
4. What does George do with the bird and how does he relate this to Barbie at the end of Chapter 1?
5. What do the women think of Thessaly initially in Chapter 3?
6. What does the Porpentine foreshadow in Chapter 1?
7. How do Luz and Wilkinson respond to the death of Martin in Chapter 1?
8. Describe Hazel's actions that could lead to pregnancy in Chapter 2.
9. What are the strange discoveries in George's apartment?
10. What horrific action does George do in Chapter 2 that unleashes negative repercussions on everyone?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe some of the settings for this book. What is the overall setting? Be sure to include geography, time period and any pertinent popular-culture events. How does the location of these events affect the understanding of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Author Neil Gaiman constantly brings up metaphors and imagery associated with change. Give three examples of how change is portrayed and characters who unexpectedly show great confidence.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief portrait study of Morpheus. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)