|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Hazel, Wanda and Foxglove find George in Chapter 3?
2. Who dreams about beautiful dresses in Chapter 2?
3. What are the two ways to get into another person's dreams mentioned in Chapter 3?
4. What does Thessaly think the object that Barbie holds can do?
5. What do Barbie and Wanda plan on doing after they see the beggar woman?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the beggar woman observe in Chapter 3?
2. At the end of Chapter 2, what does Barbie need to do?
3. Describe what happens when Thessaly enters Hazel's apartment in Chapter 3.
4. Describe what the book "Sandman: A Game of You" is about.
5. In Chapter 3, what does George tell Thessaly about his role?
6. What do the women think of Thessaly initially in Chapter 3?
7. Describe what the characters in the Land are concerned about in Chapter 1.
8. What horrific action does George do in Chapter 2 that unleashes negative repercussions on everyone?
9. What does George do with the bird and how does he relate this to Barbie at the end of Chapter 1?
10. How do Luz and Wilkinson respond to the death of Martin in Chapter 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief portrait study of Morpheus. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics?
Essay Topic 2
Consider the point of view presented in the book. Initially, the story line stays close to Barbie and her friends and then focuses in primarily on Barbie's adventures. However, by the end of the book, the focus shifts to Wanda and Barbie's understanding of Wanda despite the judgment offered by Wanda's family. How does this change from the smaller focus of two intimate friends to that of family and society at large give a different perspective on the story as a whole? Describe.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters of Barbie and Wanda.
Part 1) What is their relationship? How do they co-exist and how do they interact? What is similar about them and what is different?
Part 2) What are some events upon which Barbie has a direct influence? What are some events upon which Wanda had a direct influence?
Part 3) Which character offers support to the group? Which one is stronger and why?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)