|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hazel ask Barbie to return when she comes to her apartment in Chapter 2?
2. What happens when a bird lands on Foxglove in Chapter 2?
3. Who tells the group in Chapter 1 that the princess has not forgotten their plight?
4. Who runs away, frightened by the sight of a dog in Chapter 1?
5. Who only has soy milk instead of cream?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Barbie and Wanda go to the subway in Chapter 1?
2. What is the scary dream that Hazel has about a baby?
3. Describe Barbie's initial interaction with Luz, Wilkinson and Prinado in Chapter 2.
4. What horrific action does George do in Chapter 2 that unleashes negative repercussions on everyone?
5. What does Thessaly carry when she approaches George's room after burning one of his birds?
6. What is Wanda's concerns that she shares with Barbie at the end of Chapter 3?
7. What happens when a bird lands on Thessaly?
8. What is Foxglove's dream when a bird lands upon her?
9. Describe the interaction between the big dog and Barbie.
10. What is the advice that Barbie gives Hazel in Chapter 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the witchcraft performed by Thessaly? How does this and other acts separate her from the other women? What kind of characterization does this result in? Describe.
Essay Topic 2
Describe some of the settings for this book. What is the overall setting? Be sure to include geography, time period and any pertinent popular-culture events. How does the location of these events affect the understanding of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
"The Sandman: A Game of You" has numerous themes ranging from gender and sexuality to identity and religion. Pick one theme and describe it at length, mentioning its effect on all the principal and secondary characters.
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)