|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character confesses in Chapter 2 to having an abortion in high school?
2. Whom does Hazel find creepy in Chapter 3?
3. What do Barbie and Wanda plan on doing after they see the beggar woman?
4. Who makes coffee in Chapter 1?
5. Who thinks that Thessaly is weird and nerdy in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Weirdzos.
2. What is Foxglove's dream when a bird lands upon her?
3. What does the Porpentine foreshadow in Chapter 1?
4. What horrific action does George do in Chapter 2 that unleashes negative repercussions on everyone?
5. Describe what the book "Sandman: A Game of You" is about.
6. Describe Hazel's actions that could lead to pregnancy in Chapter 2.
7. What is the scary dream that Hazel has about a baby?
8. What happens when a bird lands on Thessaly?
9. What do the women think of Thessaly initially in Chapter 3?
10. What does Thessaly say to the Moon?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characters of Barbie and Cuckoo. What is their relationship to each other? How are they similar? How are they different? Examine this in light of identity.
Essay Topic 2
Describe some of the settings for this book. What is the overall setting? Be sure to include geography, time period and any pertinent popular-culture events. How does the location of these events affect the understanding of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief portrait study of Morpheus. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)