|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What aspect of Barbie is considered strange at the funeral in Chapter 6?
(a) Her long hair.
(b) Her make-up veil.
(c) Her angry expression.
(d) Her Gothic boots.
2. What looks like the house in Florida in which where Barbie grew up?
(a) George's apartment.
(b) The Land.
(c) Thessaly's farm.
(d) The Citadel of the Cuckoo.
3. What does Barbie discover about whom she meets in Chapter 5?
(a) They are tiny.
(b) They are all very old.
(c) They are stuffed images of Martin Tenbones, Luz, Prinado and Wilkinson.
(d) They make a lot of noise.
4. What does Barbie say about a home in Chapter 6?
(a) It is difficult to find.
(b) It is in your dreams.
(c) It is a state of mind.
(d) It is replaceable.
5. Who shows Barbie a scar on the knee that she remembers?
(a) A little boy.
(b) An old man.
(c) A little girl.
(d) An old woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Barbie talk that she does not believe will actually protect her from the guards in Chapter 4?
2. For whom does Barbie mourn while she is in the Land in Chapter 4?
3. What does Barbie say girls do while boys imagine themselves stronger in Chapter 5?
4. What does Barbie notice when Morpheus crumbles the land in his hand in Chapter 5?
5. Who passes by so close to Barbie that she can almost touch them while she hides in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Thessaly, Hazel and Foxglove walk along the Moon's Road, where do they end up and what do they do?
2. What does Barbie remember about her journey with Martin in Chapter 4?
3. What does Barbie ask Morpheus to do?
4. What does Barbie discuss with Aunt Dora in the diner?
5. What does Barbie do while wearing mourning clothes in Chapter 6?
6. What does the beggar woman tell Wanda in Chapter 5?
7. What does Barbie do at the tombstone at the end of the book?
8. What does Thessaly tell Hazel and Foxglove about cuckoo birds?
9. What happens that makes Barbie question whether she is dreaming, and how does she respond to this new knowledge in Chapter 4?
10. What does Barbie learn about the little girl in Chapter 5?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)