|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Barbie fears repressed childhood abuse, what does the Cuckoo say in Chapter 5?
(a) That Cuckoo will assist her in gaining justice.
(b) That Barbie is foolish.
(c) That Barbie lived a dull childhood with an overactive imagination.
(d) That Barbie will have a chance to act out her revenge.
2. What does Thessaly demand from Morpheus at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) George's life.
(b) Barbie's life.
(c) Cuckoo's life.
(d) Morpheus' power to "uncreate" the land.
3. What does Barbie dream of when she falls asleep in the car at the end of the book?
(a) A happy ending for her friends.
(b) Wanda making peace with her family.
(c) A perfect Wanda with another girl.
(d) Wanda fighting with Barbie.
4. Where does Barbie remember traveling with Martin Tenbones in Chapter 4?
(a) New Mexico.
(b) Arch of Porpentine.
(d) Cuckoo's house.
5. What does Barbie tell Dora about that results in a silent drive after the funeral?
(a) Alvin's real love.
(b) Morpheus' plans.
(c) The dream world.
(d) Her favorite lipstick colors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wanda see when she looks out the window in Chapter 5?
2. What is the only thing that Morpheus says he has not done that he came to do in Chapter 6?
3. What does Barbie do with her lipstick on the tombstone in Chapter 6?
4. What is the present that Barbie bought for her deceased friend in Chapter 6?
5. Who grew up in a household with 17 children with the same name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Barbie and the Cuckoo say about childhood abuse and imagination?
2. What do Nuala and Morpheus talk about in Chapter 4?
3. What does Barbie discuss with Aunt Dora in the diner?
4. What does Thessaly say when Morpheus departs?
5. What does Barbie talk about on the car ride with Dora and what does she dream about?
6. What does Barbie ask Morpheus to do?
7. When Thessaly, Hazel and Foxglove walk along the Moon's Road, where do they end up and what do they do?
8. What does Barbie want to do with Tantoblin's body?
9. What does Morpheus do to liberate Barbie and what is revealed about him in Chapter 5?
10. What does the world need to exist, according to the Cuckoo?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)