|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is still walking on the Moon's Road and has not reached Barbie's dream yet in Chapter 4?
(a) Nuala and Morpheus.
(b) Luz and Wilkinson.
(c) George and Wanda.
(d) Hazel, Foxglove and Thessaly.
2. Why is George able to talk when Thessaly is gone in Chapter 4?
(a) He tricks Wanda into helping him.
(b) He defeats her spell.
(c) He gets the help of Cuckoo.
(d) Her commands do not hold.
3. Where does Barbie go after burying Tantoblin?
(a) The desert to roam.
(b) The forest to hide.
(c) An inn to sleep.
(d) A cave to read Tantoblin's scroll.
4. What does Barbie say girls do while boys imagine themselves stronger in Chapter 5?
(a) Girls wear party clothes.
(b) Girls build houses.
(c) Girls dance around the house.
(d) Girls make up lands where they are lost princesses whose real parents retrieve them.
5. What power does the Cuckoo exert over Barbie in Chapter 5?
(c) Mind control.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barbie say about a home in Chapter 6?
2. When Barbie fears repressed childhood abuse, what does the Cuckoo say in Chapter 5?
3. Who grew up in a household with 17 children with the same name?
4. To whom does Cuckoo introduce Barbie inside the house in Chapter 5?
5. What does Wanda complain about in New York in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Barbie learn about the little girl in Chapter 5?
2. When Thessaly, Hazel and Foxglove walk along the Moon's Road, where do they end up and what do they do?
3. What do Barbie and the Cuckoo say about childhood abuse and imagination?
4. What does Thessaly say when Morpheus departs?
5. What does Barbie discuss with Aunt Dora in the diner?
6. In Chapter 4, when Luz says that they are being watched, what does Barbie compare this experience to?
7. Why is Wanda angry and what does George explain to her about the Moon in Chapter 4?
8. What does Barbie want to do with Tantoblin's body?
9. What does Morpheus do to liberate Barbie and what is revealed about him in Chapter 5?
10. What does Barbie remember about her journey with Martin in Chapter 4?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)