|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wanda see when she looks out the window in Chapter 5?
(a) The ghost of George.
(b) A hurt beggar woman.
(c) Thessaly holding books.
(d) Luz's cloak.
2. To whom does Cuckoo introduce Barbie inside the house in Chapter 5?
(a) Barbie's old toys.
(b) Cuckoo's evil birds.
(c) Barbie's old goat.
(d) George's friends.
3. For whom does Barbie mourn while she is in the Land in Chapter 4?
4. What guides Barbie's group down an old path to the sea and the city in Chapter 4?
(b) The Hierogram.
(c) A spider.
5. Who is the last person to disappear that Morpheus talks to in Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Dora introduce Barbie at the funeral in Chapter 6?
2. Why is Wanda left behind in Chapter 4?
3. What power does the Cuckoo exert over Barbie in Chapter 5?
4. What does Wanda complain about in New York in Chapter 5?
5. Who dislikes the image drawn on Barbie's face in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the beggar woman tell Wanda in Chapter 5?
2. What does Morpheus do to liberate Barbie and what is revealed about him in Chapter 5?
3. What do Barbie and Wilkinson discover when they read the scroll?
4. What does Wilkinson say that Barbie does not believe when they wake up the day after they hid from the Black Guard in the cave and read Tantoblin's scroll?
5. What does Barbie discuss with Aunt Dora in the diner?
6. What does Barbie do while wearing mourning clothes in Chapter 6?
7. When Barbie is pulled out of the apartment alive, what does she notice outside?
8. What does Thessaly say when Morpheus departs?
9. What does Barbie do at the tombstone at the end of the book?
10. What does Wanda do when the weather starts to worsen and she looks out the window in Chapter 5?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)