|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Barbie notice when Morpheus crumbles the land in his hand in Chapter 5?
(a) That he looks sad.
(b) That the land is grainy.
(c) That the Cuckoo is about to attack Morpheus.
(d) That Morpheus is angry.
2. What does Morpheus say is Barbie's fault in Chapter 6?
(a) That Foxglove is pregnant.
(b) That Cuckoo was bound to the land.
(c) That Wanda is still a man.
(d) That George died.
3. When Barbie wakes up in Chapter 4, what does she want?
(a) A bath.
(d) A change of clothes.
4. Who shows Barbie a scar on the knee that she remembers?
(a) A little boy.
(b) A little girl.
(c) An old woman.
(d) An old man.
5. What does Foxglove ask Hazel in Chapter 5?
(a) If she fought with Wanda.
(b) If she is pregnant.
(c) If she likes the Moon's path.
(d) If she has food to eat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Barbie sad when she sees the dead body of her friend in Chapter 6?
2. What matters to the Moon, according to George?
3. What guides Barbie's group down an old path to the sea and the city in Chapter 4?
4. To whom does Barbie talk at the tombstone in Chapter 6?
5. What does Barbie dream of when she falls asleep in the car at the end of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Barbie learn about the little girl in Chapter 5?
2. What does Barbie do while wearing mourning clothes in Chapter 6?
3. What does Wilkinson say that Barbie does not believe when they wake up the day after they hid from the Black Guard in the cave and read Tantoblin's scroll?
4. What does Wanda do when the weather starts to worsen and she looks out the window in Chapter 5?
5. Who rejects Barbie at the funeral at the end of the book and why?
6. What do Barbie and Wilkinson discover when they read the scroll?
7. What is the boon that Morpheus offers Barbie?
8. When Thessaly, Hazel and Foxglove walk along the Moon's Road, where do they end up and what do they do?
9. What does Barbie do at the tombstone at the end of the book?
10. What do Barbie and the Cuckoo say about childhood abuse and imagination?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)