|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Barbie fears repressed childhood abuse, what does the Cuckoo say in Chapter 5?
(a) That Barbie is foolish.
(b) That Barbie lived a dull childhood with an overactive imagination.
(c) That Cuckoo will assist her in gaining justice.
(d) That Barbie will have a chance to act out her revenge.
2. What does Barbie say about a home in Chapter 6?
(a) It is a state of mind.
(b) It is difficult to find.
(c) It is replaceable.
(d) It is in your dreams.
3. To whom does Barbie discover that everyone prays in Chapter 5?
(a) A dog called Martin.
(b) A cross-dresser called Wanda.
(c) A ghost called George.
(d) A strange man nicknamed Murphy.
4. Who dislikes the image drawn on Barbie's face in Chapter 6?
(a) Maisie Hill.
(c) Aunt Dora.
5. What does Thessaly demand from Morpheus at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Cuckoo's life.
(b) Morpheus' power to "uncreate" the land.
(c) Barbie's life.
(d) George's life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What guides Barbie's group down an old path to the sea and the city in Chapter 4?
2. What does Wilkinson say will happen to comfort Barbie in Chapter 4?
3. Who passes by so close to Barbie that she can almost touch them while she hides in Chapter 4?
4. What advises that everyone should stay at home because a storm is approaching in Chapter 5?
5. To whom does Morpheus offer to grant a boon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Morpheus say that the girls have to do because they entered Barbie's dream without consent?
2. What does Barbie want to do with Tantoblin's body?
3. Who rejects Barbie at the funeral at the end of the book and why?
4. Why is Wanda angry and what does George explain to her about the Moon in Chapter 4?
5. What does Barbie talk about on the car ride with Dora and what does she dream about?
6. What does Morpheus do to liberate Barbie and what is revealed about him in Chapter 5?
7. What does Barbie remember about her journey with Martin in Chapter 4?
8. What is the danger that approaches Barbie and Wilkinson as they read the scroll?
9. What does Barbie ask Morpheus to do?
10. When Barbie is pulled out of the apartment alive, what does she notice outside?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)