|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when the windows burst in the old apartment building in New York during a storm at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) The beggar woman throws herself on top of Barbie.
(b) George comes back to life.
(c) The Cuckoo dies.
(d) Alianora is revived.
2. To whom does Morpheus offer to grant a boon?
3. What advises that everyone should stay at home because a storm is approaching in Chapter 5?
(d) The radio.
4. When Barbie fears repressed childhood abuse, what does the Cuckoo say in Chapter 5?
(a) That Barbie is foolish.
(b) That Barbie lived a dull childhood with an overactive imagination.
(c) That Cuckoo will assist her in gaining justice.
(d) That Barbie will have a chance to act out her revenge.
5. Why is it dangerous to mess with the Moon, according to George?
(a) It wreaks havoc on women.
(b) It causes war.
(c) It disturbs the tides and the weather.
(d) It changes the Sun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thessaly demand from Morpheus at the end of Chapter 5?
2. Where does Barbie remember traveling with Martin Tenbones in Chapter 4?
3. What does Wanda see when she looks out the window in Chapter 5?
4. What guides Barbie's group down an old path to the sea and the city in Chapter 4?
5. What does Barbie believe about people in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Wanda do when the weather starts to worsen and she looks out the window in Chapter 5?
2. What happens that makes Barbie question whether she is dreaming, and how does she respond to this new knowledge in Chapter 4?
3. When Barbie is pulled out of the apartment alive, what does she notice outside?
4. What does the beggar woman tell Wanda in Chapter 5?
5. What does Barbie ask Morpheus to do?
6. What does the world need to exist, according to the Cuckoo?
7. What does Thessaly tell Hazel and Foxglove about cuckoo birds?
8. What does Barbie want to do with Tantoblin's body?
9. What does Barbie remember about her journey with Martin in Chapter 4?
10. Who rejects Barbie at the funeral at the end of the book and why?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)