|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who dislikes the image drawn on Barbie's face in Chapter 6?
(c) Aunt Dora.
(d) Maisie Hill.
2. What does Barbie notice when Morpheus crumbles the land in his hand in Chapter 5?
(a) That Morpheus is angry.
(b) That he looks sad.
(c) That the Cuckoo is about to attack Morpheus.
(d) That the land is grainy.
3. Where do the giant spiders live?
(a) Under the stove in George's apartment.
(b) In the desert.
(c) In Barbie's apartment.
(d) In the forest to the west.
4. What does Barbie dream of when she falls asleep in the car at the end of the book?
(a) A perfect Wanda with another girl.
(b) Wanda fighting with Barbie.
(c) Wanda making peace with her family.
(d) A happy ending for her friends.
5. What does Barbie believe about people in Chapter 6?
(a) That they all want to be forgiven.
(b) That they all have big imaginations.
(c) That they all are messed up.
(d) That they all have secret worlds inside themselves.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Barbie fears repressed childhood abuse, what does the Cuckoo say in Chapter 5?
2. What does Barbie recognize the Brightly Shining Sea to be?
3. What does Barbie ask Morpheus to do in Chapter 6?
4. Why is it dangerous to mess with the Moon, according to George?
5. To what does Barbie compare being watched in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Wanda do when the weather starts to worsen and she looks out the window in Chapter 5?
2. What does Barbie discuss with Aunt Dora in the diner?
3. Why is Wanda angry and what does George explain to her about the Moon in Chapter 4?
4. What happens in New York when the storm grows violent?
5. What does Wilkinson say that Barbie does not believe when they wake up the day after they hid from the Black Guard in the cave and read Tantoblin's scroll?
6. What does Barbie ask Morpheus to do?
7. Who does Wilkinson mention to Barbie in Chapter 4 that she remembers?
8. When Barbie is pulled out of the apartment alive, what does she notice outside?
9. What does Barbie talk about on the car ride with Dora and what does she dream about?
10. What does the beggar woman tell Wanda in Chapter 5?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)