|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Barbie fears repressed childhood abuse, what does the Cuckoo say in Chapter 5?
(a) That Barbie lived a dull childhood with an overactive imagination.
(b) That Cuckoo will assist her in gaining justice.
(c) That Barbie will have a chance to act out her revenge.
(d) That Barbie is foolish.
2. About whom does George tell Wanda to worry in Chapter 4?
(a) The giant spider.
(b) Barbie and the weather.
3. What does Barbie do with her lipstick on the tombstone in Chapter 6?
(a) Crosses out the word "Alvin" and writes "Wanda" instead.
(b) Writes "I love you."
(c) Writes "I am sorry."
(d) Draws a heart.
4. What disgusts Barbie when she walks through the diner in Chapter 6?
(a) The cheap perfume of the waitress.
(b) The lewd comments of the men there.
(c) The smelly bathroom.
(d) The bad food.
5. To where does Dora drive Barbie after the funeral?
(a) Her new house.
(b) The subway.
(c) The bus station.
(d) The airport.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stops singing in Chapter 4 when Luz says it is too noisy?
2. Who has a grandson who was a cross-dresser?
3. Where do the giant spiders live?
4. What is the only thing that Morpheus says he has not done that he came to do in Chapter 6?
5. Why is Wanda left behind in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Thessaly tell Hazel and Foxglove about cuckoo birds?
2. When Thessaly, Hazel and Foxglove walk along the Moon's Road, where do they end up and what do they do?
3. What happens in New York when the storm grows violent?
4. What does Barbie discuss with Aunt Dora in the diner?
5. What does Barbie do at the tombstone at the end of the book?
6. In Chapter 4, when Luz says that they are being watched, what does Barbie compare this experience to?
7. What does Barbie ask Morpheus to do?
8. What does the beggar woman tell Wanda in Chapter 5?
9. What happens that makes Barbie question whether she is dreaming, and how does she respond to this new knowledge in Chapter 4?
10. What do Barbie and the Cuckoo say about childhood abuse and imagination?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)