|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does one character use to find the princess in Chapter 1?
2. What does Sandman suggest about people by looking at their inner fantasies?
(a) A person without fantasies can live grounded in reality.
(b) A person has more going on internally than can be seen from the outside.
(c) A person with optimistic fantasies will lead a happy life.
(d) A person with destructive fantasies will self-destruct.
3. Who is afraid to vomit in the bathroom because of the corpse in Chapter 3?
4. What does Wilkinson say after learning about Martin's death?
(b) To not give up.
(c) To avenge his death.
(d) To wage war.
5. Who thinks that Thessaly is weird and nerdy in Chapter 3?
(b) Foxglove, Hazel and Wanda.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is afraid of sleeping in Chapter 2?
2. Who worries when the Moon disappears in Chapter 3?
3. Where are Barbie and Wanda accosted by a beggar woman?
4. What is Barbie reminded of when she finds out that she is an heir and a savior?
5. What does Hazel dream that she finds in a box in the cellar under a train in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Barbie's initial interaction with Luz, Wilkinson and Prinado in Chapter 2.
2. What are the strange discoveries in George's apartment?
3. Describe Hazel's actions that could lead to pregnancy in Chapter 2.
4. What do the women think of Thessaly initially in Chapter 3?
5. What is the scary dream that Hazel has about a baby?
6. Describe what the characters in the Land are concerned about in Chapter 1.
7. Describe the big dog in the street mentioned in Chapter 1.
8. What happens when a bird lands on Thessaly?
9. Describe the interaction between the big dog and Barbie.
10. Describe Wanda's procurement of coffee for Barbie in Chapter 1.
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)