|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Barbie say about dreaming in Chapter 1?
(a) That she does not dream.
(b) That dreams are scary.
(c) That dreams make her sleep better.
(d) That dreams lead to bad things.
2. What does Barbie give the beggar woman?
(a) Fifty cents.
(b) A tissue.
(c) Her watch.
(d) A sandwich.
3. What happens when Barbie tells Luz, Prinado and Wilkinson that Martin is dead in Chapter 2?
(a) Prinado fights with Barbie.
(b) Wilkinson picks a fight with Luz.
(c) Wanda breaks down and cries.
(d) Luz says their situation is hopeless.
4. What is Barbie reminded of when she finds out that she is an heir and a savior?
(a) Her love.
(b) Her eyesight.
(c) Her strength.
(d) Her destiny.
5. What does Barbie say when she finds out that her destination is far away?
(a) She will fly on the wings of a bird.
(b) She needs help.
(c) She is going to give up.
(d) She had better get going.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thessaly do with George's skin?
2. What happens when a bird lands on Foxglove in Chapter 2?
3. Who knocks on George's door holding a hidden knife?
4. When Thessaly asks George why he tried to harm them, what does he say?
5. What does Hazel ask Barbie to return when she comes to her apartment in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the scary dream that Hazel has about a baby?
2. What does Thessaly do in order to talk to George?
3. Describe the Weirdzos.
4. Describe what the characters in the Land are concerned about in Chapter 1.
5. What does Thessaly carry when she approaches George's room after burning one of his birds?
6. What does the beggar woman observe in Chapter 3?
7. Describe Hazel's actions that could lead to pregnancy in Chapter 2.
8. What do the women think of Thessaly initially in Chapter 3?
9. In Chapter 3, what does George tell Thessaly about his role?
10. Describe what happens when Thessaly enters Hazel's apartment in Chapter 3.
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)