|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Barbie meet in the Land in Chapter 2?
(a) Wanda and Nuala.
(b) Luz, Wilkinson and Prinado.
(c) Hazel and Foxglove.
(d) Martin Tenbones.
2. What does the woman who might be pregnant fear about pregnancy tests?
(a) That they hurt.
(b) That they work.
(c) That you have to kill a rabbit.
(d) That can be wrong.
3. What does Wilkinson say after learning about Martin's death?
(b) To not give up.
(c) To avenge his death.
(d) To wage war.
4. What is Barbie reminded of when she finds out that she is an heir and a savior?
(a) Her destiny.
(b) Her love.
(c) Her eyesight.
(d) Her strength.
5. Who thinks that Thessaly is weird and nerdy in Chapter 3?
(a) Foxglove, Hazel and Wanda.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thessaly think the object that Barbie holds can do?
2. Who is the young woman plagued by involvement in a dream world mentioned in Chapter 1?
3. Who is afraid to vomit in the bathroom because of the corpse in Chapter 3?
4. Who is asked to stand next to Barbie because she is not biologically a woman?
5. Who only has soy milk instead of cream?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what does George tell Thessaly about his role?
2. What happens when Barbie and Wanda go to the subway in Chapter 1?
3. What does Thessaly say to the Moon?
4. What does the beggar woman observe in Chapter 3?
5. What do the women think of Thessaly initially in Chapter 3?
6. Describe the interaction between the big dog and Barbie.
7. Describe what the characters in the Land are concerned about in Chapter 1.
8. Describe Hazel's actions that could lead to pregnancy in Chapter 2.
9. At the end of Chapter 2, what does Barbie need to do?
10. What does Thessaly carry when she approaches George's room after burning one of his birds?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)