|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Hazel, Wanda and Foxglove take Barbie in Chapter 3?
(a) Wanda's apartment.
(b) George's apartment.
(c) Hazel's apartment.
(d) Foxglove's apartment.
2. Where does the Cuckoo reside, according to George?
(a) In Barbie's dream.
(b) In George's birds.
(c) In Thessaly's hair.
(d) In Hazel's books.
3. Where does Barbie remember that she must go in Chapter 2?
(b) The train station.
(c) Her apartment.
(d) The Brightly Shining Sea.
4. What happens when a bird lands on Foxglove in Chapter 2?
(a) She dreams of death.
(b) She dreams of becoming a man.
(c) She dreams of someone calling her Donna.
(d) She dreams of escaping her life.
5. Who may have been murdered by the Black Guard?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is afraid to vomit in the bathroom because of the corpse in Chapter 3?
2. Who is afraid of sleeping in Chapter 2?
3. What do the girls want to do when they find George's corpse?
4. Who does Barbie meet in the Land in Chapter 2?
5. What is Barbie excited about getting in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the big dog in the street mentioned in Chapter 1.
2. What do the women think of Thessaly initially in Chapter 3?
3. Describe Hazel's actions that could lead to pregnancy in Chapter 2.
4. Describe Barbie's initial interaction with Luz, Wilkinson and Prinado in Chapter 2.
5. What does the beggar woman observe in Chapter 3?
6. What is the scary dream that Hazel has about a baby?
7. Describe what Thessaly tells Hazel, Barbie, Wanda and Foxglove about George.
8. Describe what the characters in the Land are concerned about in Chapter 1.
9. In Chapter 2, what does Barbie dream about that makes her worried?
10. How do Luz and Wilkinson respond to the death of Martin in Chapter 1?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)