|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Thessaly asks George why he tried to harm them, what does he say?
(a) That he likes to cause nightmares.
(b) That he wanted to change them into birds.
(c) That he sent the birds to destroy the Porpentine.
(d) That he wanted to control them.
2. Since Wanda and Barbie are broke in Chapter 1, where are they going to go?
(b) A cafe.
(c) The grocery store.
(d) A bookstore.
3. Who is asked to stand next to Barbie because she is not biologically a woman?
4. To whom does George tell Thessaly that he sent the birds to haunt and give bad dreams?
(a) Nuala and Morpheus.
(b) Cuckoo and Barbie.
(c) Maisie Hill and Murphy.
(d) Thessaly, Wanda, Foxglove and Hazel.
5. What horrible event does Hazel dream about that involves Foxglove in Chapter 2?
(a) Foxglove commits murder.
(b) Foxglove dies.
(c) Hazel kills Foxglove.
(d) Hazel's baby moves and devours Foxglove's baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when one of the birds lands on Wanda's shoulder in Chapter 2?
2. Who wakes up from nightmares at 3 a.m. in New York in Chapter 3?
3. What happens when a bird lands on Thessaly in Chapter 2?
4. When Thessaly asks George who he is, what does he say in Chapter 3?
5. Where does the Cuckoo reside, according to George?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 2, what does Barbie need to do?
2. What horrific action does George do in Chapter 2 that unleashes negative repercussions on everyone?
3. What does the Porpentine foreshadow in Chapter 1?
4. Describe the Weirdzos.
5. Describe the interaction between the big dog and Barbie.
6. Describe what Thessaly tells Hazel, Barbie, Wanda and Foxglove about George.
7. What does George do with the bird and how does he relate this to Barbie at the end of Chapter 1?
8. What does the beggar woman observe in Chapter 3?
9. Describe Hazel's actions that could lead to pregnancy in Chapter 2.
10. In Chapter 3, what does George tell Thessaly about his role?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)