|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Barbie meet in the Land in Chapter 2?
(a) Luz, Wilkinson and Prinado.
(b) Hazel and Foxglove.
(c) Martin Tenbones.
(d) Wanda and Nuala.
2. What happens when one of the birds lands on Wanda's shoulder in Chapter 2?
(a) The bird warns her of her death.
(b) The bird attacks her.
(c) She dreams that Weirdzo Al visits her.
(d) The bird carries her away.
3. What does Thessaly think the object that Barbie holds can do?
(a) Help people take charge of their dreams.
(b) Keep Barbie alive.
(c) Change people into animals.
(d) Fight birds.
4. What does Barbie say about dreaming in Chapter 1?
(a) That dreams make her sleep better.
(b) That she does not dream.
(c) That dreams lead to bad things.
(d) That dreams are scary.
5. When Thessaly asks George why he tried to harm them, what does he say?
(a) That he wanted to change them into birds.
(b) That he sent the birds to destroy the Porpentine.
(c) That he likes to cause nightmares.
(d) That he wanted to control them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sandman suggest about people by looking at their inner fantasies?
2. What is Barbie excited about getting in Chapter 1?
3. What does Barbie say when she finds out that her destination is far away?
4. Who claims to be a woman in a dream in Chapter 2?
5. Who only has soy milk instead of cream?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the beggar woman observe in Chapter 3?
2. Describe what happens when Thessaly enters Hazel's apartment in Chapter 3.
3. What happens when Barbie and Wanda go to the subway in Chapter 1?
4. Describe Barbie's initial interaction with Luz, Wilkinson and Prinado in Chapter 2.
5. Describe what the characters in the Land are concerned about in Chapter 1.
6. What do the women think of Thessaly initially in Chapter 3?
7. What does George do with the bird and how does he relate this to Barbie at the end of Chapter 1?
8. What are the strange discoveries in George's apartment?
9. What does Thessaly carry when she approaches George's room after burning one of his birds?
10. What is Foxglove's dream when a bird lands upon her?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)