|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Barbie compare being watched in Chapter 4?
(a) George in the apartment.
(b) The attack of the killer bees.
(c) Bilbo in Mirkwood when the giant spiders attack.
(d) The surveillance in New York City.
2. Whose corpse does the traveling group come across in Chapter 4?
3. What does Barbie say about a home in Chapter 6?
(a) It is a state of mind.
(b) It is replaceable.
(c) It is in your dreams.
(d) It is difficult to find.
4. What does Barbie dream of when she falls asleep in the car at the end of the book?
(a) A happy ending for her friends.
(b) Wanda making peace with her family.
(c) A perfect Wanda with another girl.
(d) Wanda fighting with Barbie.
5. What does Morpheus need to "uncreate" the Land in Chapter 5?
(b) Moon tides.
(c) Ocean swells.
(d) Human blood.
6. What does Barbie discover about Cuckoo in Chapter 5?
(a) Cuckoo cannot fly.
(b) Cuckoo is the little girl who is Barbie as a child.
(c) Cuckoo is a huge bird.
(d) Cuckoo is cowardly.
7. What does Barbie discover about whom she meets in Chapter 5?
(a) They make a lot of noise.
(b) They are tiny.
(c) They are all very old.
(d) They are stuffed images of Martin Tenbones, Luz, Prinado and Wilkinson.
8. Who is Wanda's only friend that does not treat her like a freak?
9. What does Barbie believe about people in Chapter 6?
(a) That they all have secret worlds inside themselves.
(b) That they all want to be forgiven.
(c) That they all are messed up.
(d) That they all have big imaginations.
10. What does Wilkinson say will happen to comfort Barbie in Chapter 4?
(a) Wanda will be recognized as a man.
(b) Everything will work out.
(c) Death has gone away.
(d) Cuckoo will be punished.
11. Who is an only child, as mentioned in Chapter 4?
12. About whom does George tell Wanda to worry in Chapter 4?
(c) Barbie and the weather.
(d) The giant spider.
13. What does Barbie say girls do while boys imagine themselves stronger in Chapter 5?
(a) Girls wear party clothes.
(b) Girls build houses.
(c) Girls dance around the house.
(d) Girls make up lands where they are lost princesses whose real parents retrieve them.
14. To where do thousands of people disappear on the Isle of Thorns in Chapter 5?
(a) The dream.
(b) The desert.
(c) The ocean.
(d) Morpheus' robe.
15. Where does Barbie remember traveling with Martin Tenbones in Chapter 4?
(a) Arch of Porpentine.
(b) Cuckoo's house.
(c) New Mexico.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where does Dora drive Barbie after the funeral?
2. Where does Barbie go after burying Tantoblin?
3. Who looks like Barbie's grandfather in Chapter 5?
4. Which two characters talk about warning Barbie that bad stuff is coming in Chapter 4?
5. To whom does Barbie discover that everyone prays in Chapter 5?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)