|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Barbie go after burying Tantoblin?
(a) The desert to roam.
(b) An inn to sleep.
(c) A cave to read Tantoblin's scroll.
(d) The forest to hide.
2. What does Barbie do with her lipstick on the tombstone in Chapter 6?
(a) Crosses out the word "Alvin" and writes "Wanda" instead.
(b) Writes "I love you."
(c) Draws a heart.
(d) Writes "I am sorry."
3. To whom does Barbie talk at the tombstone in Chapter 6?
4. Whom does the Cuckoo bewitch and command to sit in Chapter 5?
(a) Giant spider, bird and fish.
(b) Luz, Wilkinson and Martin.
(c) Foxglove, Hazel and Wanda.
(d) Hazel, Foxglove and Thessaly.
5. Who dies when the apartment building crumbles in Chapter 6?
(a) Maisie Hill and Barbie.
(b) George and Wanda.
(c) Mrs. Mann and George.
(d) Dora and Wanda.
6. To where does Dora drive Barbie after the funeral?
(a) The subway.
(b) The bus station.
(c) Her new house.
(d) The airport.
7. Who stops singing in Chapter 4 when Luz says it is too noisy?
8. Who turns into a bird and flies away in Chapter 6?
9. Who dislikes the image drawn on Barbie's face in Chapter 6?
(a) Aunt Dora.
(b) Maisie Hill.
10. What does the Cuckoo order the guards to do with Barbie in Chapter 5?
(a) Take her to New York.
(b) Lock her up.
(c) Take her to the Isle of Thorns.
(d) Make her into a doll.
11. Who admits to not having any money or even a home in Chapter 6?
12. What happens when the windows burst in the old apartment building in New York during a storm at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) The beggar woman throws herself on top of Barbie.
(b) Alianora is revived.
(c) George comes back to life.
(d) The Cuckoo dies.
13. What exists as long as the world exists according to Cuckoo in Chapter 5?
(a) The Hierogram and the Porpentine.
(b) The city and the sea.
(c) The birds and George.
(d) The beggar woman and the cross-dresser.
14. To what does Barbie compare being watched in Chapter 4?
(a) The surveillance in New York City.
(b) Bilbo in Mirkwood when the giant spiders attack.
(c) The attack of the killer bees.
(d) George in the apartment.
15. When Barbie wakes up in Chapter 4, what does she want?
(a) A change of clothes.
(c) A bath.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is George able to talk when Thessaly is gone in Chapter 4?
2. Who is the creator of the land mentioned in Chapter 5?
3. To whom does the beggar woman refuse to talk because she does not like hoodoo in Chapter 5?
4. To whom does Cuckoo introduce Barbie inside the house in Chapter 5?
5. What does Barbie see when she comes out of the building's wreckage in Chapter 6?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)