|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Barbie see behind Luz, approaching them as they near the Brightly Shining Sea?
(a) Foxglove and Hazel.
(c) The Black Guards.
(d) The Cuckoo.
2. What does Barbie draw on her face in Chapter 6?
(a) A teardrop.
(b) A veil.
(c) Two large birds.
(d) A chessboard.
3. To whom does Barbie talk that she does not believe will actually protect her from the guards in Chapter 4?
4. For whom does Barbie mourn while she is in the Land in Chapter 4?
5. Who stops singing in Chapter 4 when Luz says it is too noisy?
6. What does Barbie see when she comes out of the building's wreckage in Chapter 6?
(c) A television crew.
7. Who is Judy's "token straight friend"?
(d) Rose Walker.
8. Whom does the Cuckoo bewitch and command to sit in Chapter 5?
(a) Hazel, Foxglove and Thessaly.
(b) Foxglove, Hazel and Wanda.
(c) Luz, Wilkinson and Martin.
(d) Giant spider, bird and fish.
9. To what does Barbie compare being watched in Chapter 4?
(a) The surveillance in New York City.
(b) The attack of the killer bees.
(c) George in the apartment.
(d) Bilbo in Mirkwood when the giant spiders attack.
10. What happened to Tantoblin after Cuckoo destroyed the room patrol?
(a) He married Wanda.
(b) He became a courier.
(c) He fell down dead.
(d) He became a bird.
11. Who dies when the apartment building crumbles in Chapter 6?
(a) Maisie Hill and Barbie.
(b) Mrs. Mann and George.
(c) Dora and Wanda.
(d) George and Wanda.
12. Who passes by so close to Barbie that she can almost touch them while she hides in Chapter 4?
(a) Thirty soldiers from the Black Guard.
(b) Hazel and Foxglove.
(c) Cuckoo and his birds.
(d) Wanda and George.
13. What looks like the house in Florida in which where Barbie grew up?
(a) The Citadel of the Cuckoo.
(b) Thessaly's farm.
(c) The Land.
(d) George's apartment.
14. Why is it dangerous to mess with the Moon, according to George?
(a) It disturbs the tides and the weather.
(b) It changes the Sun.
(c) It causes war.
(d) It wreaks havoc on women.
15. What exists as long as the world exists according to Cuckoo in Chapter 5?
(a) The birds and George.
(b) The Hierogram and the Porpentine.
(c) The city and the sea.
(d) The beggar woman and the cross-dresser.
Short Answer Questions
1. About whom does George tell Wanda to worry in Chapter 4?
2. Why is George able to talk when Thessaly is gone in Chapter 4?
3. What is Wanda's name as a man in her previous life?
4. What does Wanda see when she looks out the window in Chapter 5?
5. What is the name of the landlady of the building in Chapter 6?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)