|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does the beggar woman refuse to talk because she does not like hoodoo in Chapter 5?
2. What is destroyed that causes Cuckoo to rejoice and Wanda to worry in Chapter 5?
(b) Wilkinson's body.
(d) Moon's Road.
3. Whom does Barbie see behind Luz, approaching them as they near the Brightly Shining Sea?
(b) Foxglove and Hazel.
(c) The Black Guards.
(d) The Cuckoo.
4. What advises that everyone should stay at home because a storm is approaching in Chapter 5?
(b) The radio.
5. What does Barbie dream of when she falls asleep in the car at the end of the book?
(a) Wanda fighting with Barbie.
(b) A perfect Wanda with another girl.
(c) Wanda making peace with her family.
(d) A happy ending for her friends.
6. What does Wanda complain about in New York in Chapter 5?
(a) The subway.
(b) The weather.
(c) The rude people.
(d) The taxi drivers.
7. What does Foxglove ask Hazel in Chapter 5?
(a) If she likes the Moon's path.
(b) If she is pregnant.
(c) If she fought with Wanda.
(d) If she has food to eat.
8. Who is Wanda's only friend that does not treat her like a freak?
9. To whom does Dora introduce Barbie at the funeral in Chapter 6?
(b) Mrs. Mann.
(c) The priest.
10. What does Wilkinson say will happen to comfort Barbie in Chapter 4?
(a) Cuckoo will be punished.
(b) Everything will work out.
(c) Wanda will be recognized as a man.
(d) Death has gone away.
11. What disgusts Barbie when she walks through the diner in Chapter 6?
(a) The cheap perfume of the waitress.
(b) The lewd comments of the men there.
(c) The bad food.
(d) The smelly bathroom.
12. Who is still walking on the Moon's Road and has not reached Barbie's dream yet in Chapter 4?
(a) Luz and Wilkinson.
(b) Nuala and Morpheus.
(c) George and Wanda.
(d) Hazel, Foxglove and Thessaly.
13. For what is the Cuckoo anxious in Chapter 5?
(a) The death of Barbie.
(b) The passing of time.
(c) The changing of the Black Guards.
(d) The moon to rise so she can fly away to other lands.
14. What does Morpheus say is Barbie's fault in Chapter 6?
(a) That Wanda is still a man.
(b) That Foxglove is pregnant.
(c) That Cuckoo was bound to the land.
(d) That George died.
15. What does Barbie discover about Cuckoo in Chapter 5?
(a) Cuckoo is cowardly.
(b) Cuckoo is the little girl who is Barbie as a child.
(c) Cuckoo is a huge bird.
(d) Cuckoo cannot fly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What power does the Cuckoo exert over Barbie in Chapter 5?
2. Who does Barbie worry about until she sees that person's corpse hanging above her in Chapter 4?
3. What is the present that Barbie bought for her deceased friend in Chapter 6?
4. What is the only thing that Morpheus says he has not done that he came to do in Chapter 6?
5. What does Barbie say girls do while boys imagine themselves stronger in Chapter 5?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)