|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose corpse does the traveling group come across in Chapter 4?
2. What does Morpheus need to "uncreate" the Land in Chapter 5?
(a) Ocean swells.
(c) Moon tides.
(d) Human blood.
3. What does the Cuckoo order the guards to do with Barbie in Chapter 5?
(a) Take her to New York.
(b) Make her into a doll.
(c) Lock her up.
(d) Take her to the Isle of Thorns.
4. What aspect of Barbie is considered strange at the funeral in Chapter 6?
(a) Her angry expression.
(b) Her make-up veil.
(c) Her long hair.
(d) Her Gothic boots.
5. What does Barbie discover about Cuckoo in Chapter 5?
(a) Cuckoo cannot fly.
(b) Cuckoo is the little girl who is Barbie as a child.
(c) Cuckoo is a huge bird.
(d) Cuckoo is cowardly.
6. What does Wilkinson say will happen to comfort Barbie in Chapter 4?
(a) Everything will work out.
(b) Cuckoo will be punished.
(c) Death has gone away.
(d) Wanda will be recognized as a man.
7. Who threatens Barbie's group, forcing them to run toward the sea in Chapter 4?
(b) Black Guards.
8. Why is Wanda left behind in Chapter 4?
(a) Because she is too emotional.
(b) Because she is too argumentative.
(c) Because she asks too many questions.
(d) Because she is a man.
9. What does Barbie discover about whom she meets in Chapter 5?
(a) They are tiny.
(b) They are stuffed images of Martin Tenbones, Luz, Prinado and Wilkinson.
(c) They make a lot of noise.
(d) They are all very old.
10. To whom does Morpheus offer to grant a boon?
11. For what is the Cuckoo anxious in Chapter 5?
(a) The death of Barbie.
(b) The moon to rise so she can fly away to other lands.
(c) The changing of the Black Guards.
(d) The passing of time.
12. What does Wanda complain about in New York in Chapter 5?
(a) The weather.
(b) The rude people.
(c) The subway.
(d) The taxi drivers.
13. What does Barbie say about a home in Chapter 6?
(a) It is a state of mind.
(b) It is difficult to find.
(c) It is in your dreams.
(d) It is replaceable.
14. What does Barbie recognize the Brightly Shining Sea to be?
(a) The Atlantic Ocean.
(b) Her backyard pool.
(c) The Mediterranean.
(d) The Pacific Ocean.
15. Who is an only child, as mentioned in Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the last person to disappear that Morpheus talks to in Chapter 5?
2. When Barbie wakes up in Chapter 4, what does she want?
3. What does Barbie dream of when she falls asleep in the car at the end of the book?
4. What is the name of the beggar woman mentioned in Chapter 6?
5. Why is it dangerous to mess with the Moon, according to George?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)