|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the beggar woman mentioned in Chapter 6?
(b) Maisie Hill.
(c) Mrs. Mann.
2. When Barbie fears repressed childhood abuse, what does the Cuckoo say in Chapter 5?
(a) That Barbie will have a chance to act out her revenge.
(b) That Cuckoo will assist her in gaining justice.
(c) That Barbie lived a dull childhood with an overactive imagination.
(d) That Barbie is foolish.
3. Cuckoo takes Barbie to the place of _______________ in Chapter 5.
(c) Atlantic Ocean.
4. Who is the creator of the land mentioned in Chapter 5?
5. Who dies when the apartment building crumbles in Chapter 6?
(a) Dora and Wanda.
(b) Maisie Hill and Barbie.
(c) George and Wanda.
(d) Mrs. Mann and George.
6. What does the Cuckoo order the guards to do with Barbie in Chapter 5?
(a) Lock her up.
(b) Make her into a doll.
(c) Take her to the Isle of Thorns.
(d) Take her to New York.
7. To whom does Cuckoo introduce Barbie inside the house in Chapter 5?
(a) Cuckoo's evil birds.
(b) Barbie's old toys.
(c) George's friends.
(d) Barbie's old goat.
8. What does Barbie dream of when she falls asleep in the car at the end of the book?
(a) Wanda making peace with her family.
(b) A happy ending for her friends.
(c) A perfect Wanda with another girl.
(d) Wanda fighting with Barbie.
9. Who would be lucky to be dead in Chapter 4?
10. For what is the Cuckoo anxious in Chapter 5?
(a) The moon to rise so she can fly away to other lands.
(b) The death of Barbie.
(c) The passing of time.
(d) The changing of the Black Guards.
11. What looks like the house in Florida in which where Barbie grew up?
(a) The Citadel of the Cuckoo.
(b) The Land.
(c) George's apartment.
(d) Thessaly's farm.
12. To where does Dora drive Barbie after the funeral?
(a) The airport.
(b) The bus station.
(c) The subway.
(d) Her new house.
13. What does Barbie say about a home in Chapter 6?
(a) It is in your dreams.
(b) It is replaceable.
(c) It is a state of mind.
(d) It is difficult to find.
14. Who admits to not having any money or even a home in Chapter 6?
15. To whom does Dora introduce Barbie at the funeral in Chapter 6?
(a) Mrs. Mann.
(c) The priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shows Barbie a scar on the knee that she remembers?
2. What is older than Barbie and where is it that she comes to dream?
3. Which two characters talk about warning Barbie that bad stuff is coming in Chapter 4?
4. Who is the last person to disappear that Morpheus talks to in Chapter 5?
5. What guides Barbie's group down an old path to the sea and the city in Chapter 4?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)