|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advises that everyone should stay at home because a storm is approaching in Chapter 5?
(b) The radio.
2. Who moves upstate in Chapter 6?
(a) Hazel and Foxglove.
3. What does Morpheus need to "uncreate" the Land in Chapter 5?
(b) Human blood.
(c) Ocean swells.
(d) Moon tides.
4. What is the only thing that Morpheus says he has not done that he came to do in Chapter 6?
(a) Move to New York.
(b) Grant a boon.
(c) Rebuild the city.
(d) Fight the Cuckoo.
5. What does Barbie say about a home in Chapter 6?
(a) It is difficult to find.
(b) It is in your dreams.
(c) It is replaceable.
(d) It is a state of mind.
6. When Barbie fears repressed childhood abuse, what does the Cuckoo say in Chapter 5?
(a) That Cuckoo will assist her in gaining justice.
(b) That Barbie lived a dull childhood with an overactive imagination.
(c) That Barbie is foolish.
(d) That Barbie will have a chance to act out her revenge.
7. What does Morpheus say the boon can be used for?
(a) To win one object.
(b) To kill the Cuckoo or to rebuild the land.
(c) To restore the life of one person.
(d) To build a castle.
8. Cuckoo takes Barbie to the place of _______________ in Chapter 5.
(a) Atlantic Ocean.
9. To whom does Cuckoo introduce Barbie inside the house in Chapter 5?
(a) George's friends.
(b) Barbie's old toys.
(c) Barbie's old goat.
(d) Cuckoo's evil birds.
10. What is the name of the landlady of the building in Chapter 6?
(a) Maisie Hill.
11. Who dies when the apartment building crumbles in Chapter 6?
(a) George and Wanda.
(b) Maisie Hill and Barbie.
(c) Mrs. Mann and George.
(d) Dora and Wanda.
12. What does Thessaly demand from Morpheus at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Barbie's life.
(b) George's life.
(c) Morpheus' power to "uncreate" the land.
(d) Cuckoo's life.
13. Where does Barbie go after burying Tantoblin?
(a) A cave to read Tantoblin's scroll.
(b) An inn to sleep.
(c) The forest to hide.
(d) The desert to roam.
14. To where do thousands of people disappear on the Isle of Thorns in Chapter 5?
(a) The ocean.
(b) Morpheus' robe.
(c) The dream.
(d) The desert.
15. What does Barbie dream of when she falls asleep in the car at the end of the book?
(a) A happy ending for her friends.
(b) A perfect Wanda with another girl.
(c) Wanda fighting with Barbie.
(d) Wanda making peace with her family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who threatens Barbie's group, forcing them to run toward the sea in Chapter 4?
2. Who would be lucky to be dead in Chapter 4?
3. What does Barbie discover about whom she meets in Chapter 5?
4. What does Barbie draw on her face in Chapter 6?
5. What does the Cuckoo order the guards to do with Barbie in Chapter 5?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)