|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Barbie dream of when she falls asleep in the car at the end of the book?
(a) Wanda making peace with her family.
(b) A perfect Wanda with another girl.
(c) A happy ending for her friends.
(d) Wanda fighting with Barbie.
2. To whom does Dora introduce Barbie at the funeral in Chapter 6?
(b) Mrs. Mann.
(c) The priest.
3. What aspect of Barbie is considered strange at the funeral in Chapter 6?
(a) Her Gothic boots.
(b) Her angry expression.
(c) Her long hair.
(d) Her make-up veil.
4. To whom does the beggar woman refuse to talk because she does not like hoodoo in Chapter 5?
5. What happened to Tantoblin after Cuckoo destroyed the room patrol?
(a) He married Wanda.
(b) He became a bird.
(c) He became a courier.
(d) He fell down dead.
6. Who is the creator of the land mentioned in Chapter 5?
7. What matters to the Moon, according to George?
8. What does Barbie recognize the Brightly Shining Sea to be?
(a) Her backyard pool.
(b) The Atlantic Ocean.
(c) The Pacific Ocean.
(d) The Mediterranean.
9. To whom does Barbie talk that she does not believe will actually protect her from the guards in Chapter 4?
10. Who is an only child, as mentioned in Chapter 4?
11. To where do thousands of people disappear on the Isle of Thorns in Chapter 5?
(a) The desert.
(b) The dream.
(c) The ocean.
(d) Morpheus' robe.
12. Where do the giant spiders live?
(a) Under the stove in George's apartment.
(b) In the forest to the west.
(c) In the desert.
(d) In Barbie's apartment.
13. What does Barbie discover about Cuckoo in Chapter 5?
(a) Cuckoo cannot fly.
(b) Cuckoo is cowardly.
(c) Cuckoo is a huge bird.
(d) Cuckoo is the little girl who is Barbie as a child.
14. To whom does Barbie discover that everyone prays in Chapter 5?
(a) A dog called Martin.
(b) A cross-dresser called Wanda.
(c) A ghost called George.
(d) A strange man nicknamed Murphy.
15. What exists as long as the world exists according to Cuckoo in Chapter 5?
(a) The Hierogram and the Porpentine.
(b) The birds and George.
(c) The beggar woman and the cross-dresser.
(d) The city and the sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Barbie compare being watched in Chapter 4?
2. Who is the last person to disappear that Morpheus talks to in Chapter 5?
3. What does Barbie see when she comes out of the building's wreckage in Chapter 6?
4. Who is told that this is the most dangerous point of their journey in Chapter 4?
5. What advises that everyone should stay at home because a storm is approaching in Chapter 5?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)