|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wanda complain about in New York in Chapter 5?
(a) The weather.
(b) The subway.
(c) The rude people.
(d) The taxi drivers.
2. Who stops singing in Chapter 4 when Luz says it is too noisy?
3. Who turns into a bird and flies away in Chapter 6?
4. What does Barbie notice when Morpheus crumbles the land in his hand in Chapter 5?
(a) That Morpheus is angry.
(b) That the land is grainy.
(c) That he looks sad.
(d) That the Cuckoo is about to attack Morpheus.
5. What guides Barbie's group down an old path to the sea and the city in Chapter 4?
(a) A spider.
(c) The Hierogram.
6. To where does Dora drive Barbie after the funeral?
(a) The airport.
(b) The bus station.
(c) The subway.
(d) Her new house.
7. In what year was Thessaly born?
(b) The year before Barbie was born.
(c) The year the bear totem shattered.
8. What advises that everyone should stay at home because a storm is approaching in Chapter 5?
(d) The radio.
9. Who is still walking on the Moon's Road and has not reached Barbie's dream yet in Chapter 4?
(a) George and Wanda.
(b) Hazel, Foxglove and Thessaly.
(c) Luz and Wilkinson.
(d) Nuala and Morpheus.
10. To whom does Cuckoo introduce Barbie inside the house in Chapter 5?
(a) George's friends.
(b) Barbie's old goat.
(c) Cuckoo's evil birds.
(d) Barbie's old toys.
11. What happens when the windows burst in the old apartment building in New York during a storm at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Alianora is revived.
(b) The Cuckoo dies.
(c) The beggar woman throws herself on top of Barbie.
(d) George comes back to life.
12. What does Barbie discover about Cuckoo in Chapter 5?
(a) Cuckoo is cowardly.
(b) Cuckoo cannot fly.
(c) Cuckoo is a huge bird.
(d) Cuckoo is the little girl who is Barbie as a child.
13. Who dies when the apartment building crumbles in Chapter 6?
(a) Maisie Hill and Barbie.
(b) Dora and Wanda.
(c) George and Wanda.
(d) Mrs. Mann and George.
14. What exists as long as the world exists according to Cuckoo in Chapter 5?
(a) The birds and George.
(b) The Hierogram and the Porpentine.
(c) The city and the sea.
(d) The beggar woman and the cross-dresser.
15. Who is an only child, as mentioned in Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barbie dream of when she falls asleep in the car at the end of the book?
2. To whom does Morpheus offer to grant a boon?
3. What is the only thing that Morpheus says he has not done that he came to do in Chapter 6?
4. Who is in a body bag after the building collapses in Chapter 6?
5. What is the name of the beggar woman mentioned in Chapter 6?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)