|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Barbie go after burying Tantoblin?
(a) A cave to read Tantoblin's scroll.
(b) The forest to hide.
(c) An inn to sleep.
(d) The desert to roam.
2. What happens when the windows burst in the old apartment building in New York during a storm at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) The Cuckoo dies.
(b) Alianora is revived.
(c) George comes back to life.
(d) The beggar woman throws herself on top of Barbie.
3. What aspect of Barbie is considered strange at the funeral in Chapter 6?
(a) Her Gothic boots.
(b) Her angry expression.
(c) Her long hair.
(d) Her make-up veil.
4. What does Barbie tell Dora about that results in a silent drive after the funeral?
(a) Morpheus' plans.
(b) Her favorite lipstick colors.
(c) The dream world.
(d) Alvin's real love.
5. For whom does Barbie mourn while she is in the Land in Chapter 4?
6. What is destroyed that causes Cuckoo to rejoice and Wanda to worry in Chapter 5?
(a) Moon's Road.
(c) Wilkinson's body.
7. To whom does Dora introduce Barbie at the funeral in Chapter 6?
(a) The priest.
(d) Mrs. Mann.
8. To whom does Cuckoo introduce Barbie inside the house in Chapter 5?
(a) Barbie's old goat.
(b) Barbie's old toys.
(c) George's friends.
(d) Cuckoo's evil birds.
9. What does Wilkinson say will happen to comfort Barbie in Chapter 4?
(a) Cuckoo will be punished.
(b) Death has gone away.
(c) Wanda will be recognized as a man.
(d) Everything will work out.
10. Why is George able to talk when Thessaly is gone in Chapter 4?
(a) He defeats her spell.
(b) He tricks Wanda into helping him.
(c) He gets the help of Cuckoo.
(d) Her commands do not hold.
11. What makes Barbie sad when she sees the dead body of her friend in Chapter 6?
(a) That Wanda's hair is cut short because Wanda loved it.
(b) That Foxglove was pregnant.
(c) That George had repented but had not had a chance to show it.
(d) That Maisie was still a child.
12. What is older than Barbie and where is it that she comes to dream?
(a) The Land.
(b) The forest.
(c) The Cuckoo's nest.
(d) Wilkinson's home.
13. What does Barbie believe about people in Chapter 6?
(a) That they all want to be forgiven.
(b) That they all are messed up.
(c) That they all have big imaginations.
(d) That they all have secret worlds inside themselves.
14. For what is the Cuckoo anxious in Chapter 5?
(a) The moon to rise so she can fly away to other lands.
(b) The death of Barbie.
(c) The passing of time.
(d) The changing of the Black Guards.
15. To whom does the beggar woman refuse to talk because she does not like hoodoo in Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wanda see when she looks out the window in Chapter 5?
2. What does Barbie draw on her face in Chapter 6?
3. What does Morpheus say the boon can be used for?
4. What is the present that Barbie bought for her deceased friend in Chapter 6?
5. What does Barbie say about a home in Chapter 6?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)