|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Cuckoo order the guards to do with Barbie in Chapter 5?
(a) Take her to the Isle of Thorns.
(b) Make her into a doll.
(c) Lock her up.
(d) Take her to New York.
2. What does Barbie believe about people in Chapter 6?
(a) That they all have secret worlds inside themselves.
(b) That they all have big imaginations.
(c) That they all are messed up.
(d) That they all want to be forgiven.
3. What does Thessaly demand from Morpheus at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Morpheus' power to "uncreate" the land.
(b) Barbie's life.
(c) Cuckoo's life.
(d) George's life.
4. To whom does Cuckoo introduce Barbie inside the house in Chapter 5?
(a) Barbie's old goat.
(b) George's friends.
(c) Barbie's old toys.
(d) Cuckoo's evil birds.
5. Who passes by so close to Barbie that she can almost touch them while she hides in Chapter 4?
(a) Thirty soldiers from the Black Guard.
(b) Cuckoo and his birds.
(c) Hazel and Foxglove.
(d) Wanda and George.
6. Who stops singing in Chapter 4 when Luz says it is too noisy?
7. What happens when the windows burst in the old apartment building in New York during a storm at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) The beggar woman throws herself on top of Barbie.
(b) The Cuckoo dies.
(c) Alianora is revived.
(d) George comes back to life.
8. What is the present that Barbie bought for her deceased friend in Chapter 6?
(a) A magic carpet.
(b) A book of poems.
(c) A dream catcher.
(d) An issue of Hyperman.
9. To where does Dora drive Barbie after the funeral?
(a) The airport.
(b) The subway.
(c) Her new house.
(d) The bus station.
10. What is the name of the landlady of the building in Chapter 6?
(c) Maisie Hill.
11. Who grew up in a household with 17 children with the same name?
12. What makes Barbie sad when she sees the dead body of her friend in Chapter 6?
(a) That Maisie was still a child.
(b) That George had repented but had not had a chance to show it.
(c) That Foxglove was pregnant.
(d) That Wanda's hair is cut short because Wanda loved it.
13. What does Wanda see when she looks out the window in Chapter 5?
(a) A hurt beggar woman.
(b) Thessaly holding books.
(c) The ghost of George.
(d) Luz's cloak.
14. Whom does the Cuckoo bewitch and command to sit in Chapter 5?
(a) Giant spider, bird and fish.
(b) Luz, Wilkinson and Martin.
(c) Foxglove, Hazel and Wanda.
(d) Hazel, Foxglove and Thessaly.
15. What does Barbie discover about whom she meets in Chapter 5?
(a) They are all very old.
(b) They are tiny.
(c) They are stuffed images of Martin Tenbones, Luz, Prinado and Wilkinson.
(d) They make a lot of noise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What aspect of Barbie is considered strange at the funeral in Chapter 6?
2. Where does Barbie remember traveling with Martin Tenbones in Chapter 4?
3. Who is Wanda's only friend that does not treat her like a freak?
4. Whom does Thessaly kill in Chapter 5, saying that it is a bad idea to let that type of creature talk?
5. What is Wanda's name as a man in her previous life?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)