|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Barbie sad when she sees the dead body of her friend in Chapter 6?
(a) That Foxglove was pregnant.
(b) That George had repented but had not had a chance to show it.
(c) That Wanda's hair is cut short because Wanda loved it.
(d) That Maisie was still a child.
2. Who is told that this is the most dangerous point of their journey in Chapter 4?
3. What is the name of the beggar woman mentioned in Chapter 6?
(a) Mrs. Mann.
(d) Maisie Hill.
4. For whom does Barbie mourn while she is in the Land in Chapter 4?
5. What is the present that Barbie bought for her deceased friend in Chapter 6?
(a) A book of poems.
(b) A magic carpet.
(c) A dream catcher.
(d) An issue of Hyperman.
6. For what is the Cuckoo anxious in Chapter 5?
(a) The changing of the Black Guards.
(b) The moon to rise so she can fly away to other lands.
(c) The death of Barbie.
(d) The passing of time.
7. Who shows Barbie a scar on the knee that she remembers?
(a) An old man.
(b) An old woman.
(c) A little girl.
(d) A little boy.
8. Who moves upstate in Chapter 6?
(c) Hazel and Foxglove.
9. Who turns into a bird and flies away in Chapter 6?
10. To whom does Barbie talk at the tombstone in Chapter 6?
11. What guides Barbie's group down an old path to the sea and the city in Chapter 4?
(c) A spider.
(d) The Hierogram.
12. What does Barbie say about a home in Chapter 6?
(a) It is difficult to find.
(b) It is replaceable.
(c) It is a state of mind.
(d) It is in your dreams.
13. Who is still walking on the Moon's Road and has not reached Barbie's dream yet in Chapter 4?
(a) Nuala and Morpheus.
(b) Hazel, Foxglove and Thessaly.
(c) George and Wanda.
(d) Luz and Wilkinson.
14. What does Morpheus say is Barbie's fault in Chapter 6?
(a) That Cuckoo was bound to the land.
(b) That Wanda is still a man.
(c) That George died.
(d) That Foxglove is pregnant.
15. What does Barbie recognize the Brightly Shining Sea to be?
(a) The Atlantic Ocean.
(b) The Pacific Ocean.
(c) The Mediterranean.
(d) Her backyard pool.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barbie discover about Cuckoo in Chapter 5?
2. Whom does the Cuckoo bewitch and command to sit in Chapter 5?
3. Who threatens Barbie's group, forcing them to run toward the sea in Chapter 4?
4. To whom does Barbie talk that she does not believe will actually protect her from the guards in Chapter 4?
5. To whom does Morpheus offer to grant a boon?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)