|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About whom does George tell Wanda to worry in Chapter 4?
(a) Barbie and the weather.
(c) The giant spider.
2. What does Barbie recognize the Brightly Shining Sea to be?
(a) The Atlantic Ocean.
(b) Her backyard pool.
(c) The Pacific Ocean.
(d) The Mediterranean.
3. What is the present that Barbie bought for her deceased friend in Chapter 6?
(a) A magic carpet.
(b) An issue of Hyperman.
(c) A book of poems.
(d) A dream catcher.
4. What does Morpheus say the boon can be used for?
(a) To build a castle.
(b) To restore the life of one person.
(c) To kill the Cuckoo or to rebuild the land.
(d) To win one object.
5. What is the name of the beggar woman mentioned in Chapter 6?
(a) Mrs. Mann.
(c) Maisie Hill.
6. Who dies when the apartment building crumbles in Chapter 6?
(a) Dora and Wanda.
(b) Maisie Hill and Barbie.
(c) George and Wanda.
(d) Mrs. Mann and George.
7. What does Barbie notice when Morpheus crumbles the land in his hand in Chapter 5?
(a) That Morpheus is angry.
(b) That the land is grainy.
(c) That he looks sad.
(d) That the Cuckoo is about to attack Morpheus.
8. Who admits to not having any money or even a home in Chapter 6?
9. Who is told that this is the most dangerous point of their journey in Chapter 4?
10. Whom does Thessaly kill in Chapter 5, saying that it is a bad idea to let that type of creature talk?
(d) Giant spider.
11. Who turns into a bird and flies away in Chapter 6?
12. What is older than Barbie and where is it that she comes to dream?
(a) Wilkinson's home.
(b) The Land.
(c) The Cuckoo's nest.
(d) The forest.
13. What does Barbie say about a home in Chapter 6?
(a) It is replaceable.
(b) It is in your dreams.
(c) It is a state of mind.
(d) It is difficult to find.
14. What is Wanda's name as a man in her previous life?
15. To whom does Barbie discover that everyone prays in Chapter 5?
(a) A ghost called George.
(b) A strange man nicknamed Murphy.
(c) A cross-dresser called Wanda.
(d) A dog called Martin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barbie see when she comes out of the building's wreckage in Chapter 6?
2. When Barbie wakes up in Chapter 4, what does she want?
3. What exists as long as the world exists according to Cuckoo in Chapter 5?
4. To whom does Dora introduce Barbie at the funeral in Chapter 6?
5. What does Barbie discover about Cuckoo in Chapter 5?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)