|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Morpheus say the boon can be used for?
(a) To kill the Cuckoo or to rebuild the land.
(b) To build a castle.
(c) To win one object.
(d) To restore the life of one person.
2. To where does Dora drive Barbie after the funeral?
(a) Her new house.
(b) The subway.
(c) The bus station.
(d) The airport.
3. What is destroyed that causes Cuckoo to rejoice and Wanda to worry in Chapter 5?
(a) Wilkinson's body.
(d) Moon's Road.
4. Who is the last person to disappear that Morpheus talks to in Chapter 5?
5. What happens when the windows burst in the old apartment building in New York during a storm at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) The beggar woman throws herself on top of Barbie.
(b) Alianora is revived.
(c) George comes back to life.
(d) The Cuckoo dies.
6. What guides Barbie's group down an old path to the sea and the city in Chapter 4?
(b) A spider.
(c) The Hierogram.
7. What is older than Barbie and where is it that she comes to dream?
(a) The forest.
(b) The Cuckoo's nest.
(c) The Land.
(d) Wilkinson's home.
8. When Barbie fears repressed childhood abuse, what does the Cuckoo say in Chapter 5?
(a) That Cuckoo will assist her in gaining justice.
(b) That Barbie will have a chance to act out her revenge.
(c) That Barbie lived a dull childhood with an overactive imagination.
(d) That Barbie is foolish.
9. In what year was Thessaly born?
(a) The year before Barbie was born.
(d) The year the bear totem shattered.
10. What does Morpheus say is Barbie's fault in Chapter 6?
(a) That Wanda is still a man.
(b) That Cuckoo was bound to the land.
(c) That George died.
(d) That Foxglove is pregnant.
11. Who is told that this is the most dangerous point of their journey in Chapter 4?
12. What does Wanda see when she looks out the window in Chapter 5?
(a) A hurt beggar woman.
(b) Luz's cloak.
(c) The ghost of George.
(d) Thessaly holding books.
13. Who is still walking on the Moon's Road and has not reached Barbie's dream yet in Chapter 4?
(a) Nuala and Morpheus.
(b) Luz and Wilkinson.
(c) Hazel, Foxglove and Thessaly.
(d) George and Wanda.
14. Who looks like Barbie's grandfather in Chapter 5?
15. Where does Barbie go after burying Tantoblin?
(a) An inn to sleep.
(b) The desert to roam.
(c) A cave to read Tantoblin's scroll.
(d) The forest to hide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barbie do with her lipstick on the tombstone in Chapter 6?
2. Who dies when the apartment building crumbles in Chapter 6?
3. What is the name of the beggar woman mentioned in Chapter 6?
4. What does Barbie discover about whom she meets in Chapter 5?
5. To whom does Morpheus offer to grant a boon?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)