|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Thessaly kill in Chapter 5, saying that it is a bad idea to let that type of creature talk?
(c) Giant spider.
2. What happens when the windows burst in the old apartment building in New York during a storm at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Alianora is revived.
(b) George comes back to life.
(c) The Cuckoo dies.
(d) The beggar woman throws herself on top of Barbie.
3. What aspect of Barbie is considered strange at the funeral in Chapter 6?
(a) Her angry expression.
(b) Her long hair.
(c) Her Gothic boots.
(d) Her make-up veil.
4. What is older than Barbie and where is it that she comes to dream?
(a) Wilkinson's home.
(b) The Cuckoo's nest.
(c) The Land.
(d) The forest.
5. What does the Cuckoo order the guards to do with Barbie in Chapter 5?
(a) Make her into a doll.
(b) Take her to the Isle of Thorns.
(c) Lock her up.
(d) Take her to New York.
6. To what does Barbie compare being watched in Chapter 4?
(a) Bilbo in Mirkwood when the giant spiders attack.
(b) George in the apartment.
(c) The surveillance in New York City.
(d) The attack of the killer bees.
7. What is the name of the landlady of the building in Chapter 6?
(a) Maisie Hill.
8. Which two characters talk about warning Barbie that bad stuff is coming in Chapter 4?
(a) Black Guard and Thessaly.
(b) Morpheus and Nuala.
(c) Cuckoo and George.
(d) Hazel and Foxglove.
9. When Barbie wakes up in Chapter 4, what does she want?
(b) A change of clothes.
(c) A bath.
10. Why is it dangerous to mess with the Moon, according to George?
(a) It wreaks havoc on women.
(b) It changes the Sun.
(c) It disturbs the tides and the weather.
(d) It causes war.
11. What is the present that Barbie bought for her deceased friend in Chapter 6?
(a) A dream catcher.
(b) A book of poems.
(c) An issue of Hyperman.
(d) A magic carpet.
12. What does Barbie tell Dora about that results in a silent drive after the funeral?
(a) Alvin's real love.
(b) The dream world.
(c) Morpheus' plans.
(d) Her favorite lipstick colors.
13. For whom does Barbie mourn while she is in the Land in Chapter 4?
14. What is destroyed that causes Cuckoo to rejoice and Wanda to worry in Chapter 5?
(b) Wilkinson's body.
(d) Moon's Road.
15. Where does Barbie go after burying Tantoblin?
(a) The forest to hide.
(b) The desert to roam.
(c) An inn to sleep.
(d) A cave to read Tantoblin's scroll.
Short Answer Questions
1. About whom does George tell Wanda to worry in Chapter 4?
2. Who looks like Barbie's grandfather in Chapter 5?
3. What is the only thing that Morpheus says he has not done that he came to do in Chapter 6?
4. Who dies when the apartment building crumbles in Chapter 6?
5. What does Barbie ask Morpheus to do in Chapter 6?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)