|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thessaly demand from Morpheus at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Cuckoo's life.
(b) Barbie's life.
(c) Morpheus' power to "uncreate" the land.
(d) George's life.
2. Who passes by so close to Barbie that she can almost touch them while she hides in Chapter 4?
(a) Wanda and George.
(b) Thirty soldiers from the Black Guard.
(c) Cuckoo and his birds.
(d) Hazel and Foxglove.
3. Who turns into a bird and flies away in Chapter 6?
4. What does the Cuckoo order the guards to do with Barbie in Chapter 5?
(a) Lock her up.
(b) Take her to the Isle of Thorns.
(c) Take her to New York.
(d) Make her into a doll.
5. Who grew up in a household with 17 children with the same name?
6. What does Barbie draw on her face in Chapter 6?
(a) A chessboard.
(b) Two large birds.
(c) A veil.
(d) A teardrop.
7. Who would be lucky to be dead in Chapter 4?
8. What makes Barbie sad when she sees the dead body of her friend in Chapter 6?
(a) That George had repented but had not had a chance to show it.
(b) That Maisie was still a child.
(c) That Foxglove was pregnant.
(d) That Wanda's hair is cut short because Wanda loved it.
9. Where do the giant spiders live?
(a) In Barbie's apartment.
(b) In the desert.
(c) Under the stove in George's apartment.
(d) In the forest to the west.
10. Where does Barbie go after burying Tantoblin?
(a) A cave to read Tantoblin's scroll.
(b) The desert to roam.
(c) The forest to hide.
(d) An inn to sleep.
11. What is older than Barbie and where is it that she comes to dream?
(a) The forest.
(b) Wilkinson's home.
(c) The Land.
(d) The Cuckoo's nest.
12. Who moves upstate in Chapter 6?
(a) Hazel and Foxglove.
13. What does Barbie recognize the Brightly Shining Sea to be?
(a) The Atlantic Ocean.
(b) The Pacific Ocean.
(c) Her backyard pool.
(d) The Mediterranean.
14. Who is an only child, as mentioned in Chapter 4?
15. To whom does Barbie talk that she does not believe will actually protect her from the guards in Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who threatens Barbie's group, forcing them to run toward the sea in Chapter 4?
2. What is the only thing that Morpheus says he has not done that he came to do in Chapter 6?
3. Whom does Barbie see behind Luz, approaching them as they near the Brightly Shining Sea?
4. To where does Dora drive Barbie after the funeral?
5. Whom does the Cuckoo bewitch and command to sit in Chapter 5?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)