|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Barbie discover about Cuckoo in Chapter 5?
(a) Cuckoo is cowardly.
(b) Cuckoo is a huge bird.
(c) Cuckoo is the little girl who is Barbie as a child.
(d) Cuckoo cannot fly.
2. What does Barbie dream of when she falls asleep in the car at the end of the book?
(a) Wanda fighting with Barbie.
(b) A happy ending for her friends.
(c) Wanda making peace with her family.
(d) A perfect Wanda with another girl.
3. What looks like the house in Florida in which where Barbie grew up?
(a) George's apartment.
(b) Thessaly's farm.
(c) The Land.
(d) The Citadel of the Cuckoo.
4. Who dies when the apartment building crumbles in Chapter 6?
(a) Dora and Wanda.
(b) George and Wanda.
(c) Maisie Hill and Barbie.
(d) Mrs. Mann and George.
5. What guides Barbie's group down an old path to the sea and the city in Chapter 4?
(b) The Hierogram.
(d) A spider.
6. Who is told that this is the most dangerous point of their journey in Chapter 4?
7. Why is it dangerous to mess with the Moon, according to George?
(a) It wreaks havoc on women.
(b) It changes the Sun.
(c) It disturbs the tides and the weather.
(d) It causes war.
8. What aspect of Barbie is considered strange at the funeral in Chapter 6?
(a) Her Gothic boots.
(b) Her long hair.
(c) Her angry expression.
(d) Her make-up veil.
9. Who threatens Barbie's group, forcing them to run toward the sea in Chapter 4?
(d) Black Guards.
10. Who stops singing in Chapter 4 when Luz says it is too noisy?
11. What does Barbie draw on her face in Chapter 6?
(a) A teardrop.
(b) Two large birds.
(c) A chessboard.
(d) A veil.
12. In what year was Thessaly born?
(a) The year the bear totem shattered.
(b) The year before Barbie was born.
13. Whom does Barbie see behind Luz, approaching them as they near the Brightly Shining Sea?
(a) The Black Guards.
(c) Foxglove and Hazel.
(d) The Cuckoo.
14. To whom does Morpheus offer to grant a boon?
15. What makes Barbie sad when she sees the dead body of her friend in Chapter 6?
(a) That George had repented but had not had a chance to show it.
(b) That Foxglove was pregnant.
(c) That Wanda's hair is cut short because Wanda loved it.
(d) That Maisie was still a child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shows Barbie a scar on the knee that she remembers?
2. What does Wilkinson say will happen to comfort Barbie in Chapter 4?
3. What happens when the windows burst in the old apartment building in New York during a storm at the end of Chapter 5?
4. Where does Barbie go after burying Tantoblin?
5. Who moves upstate in Chapter 6?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)