|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Barbie discover that everyone prays in Chapter 5?
(a) A cross-dresser called Wanda.
(b) A dog called Martin.
(c) A ghost called George.
(d) A strange man nicknamed Murphy.
2. What makes Barbie sad when she sees the dead body of her friend in Chapter 6?
(a) That Wanda's hair is cut short because Wanda loved it.
(b) That Maisie was still a child.
(c) That George had repented but had not had a chance to show it.
(d) That Foxglove was pregnant.
3. Whom does Thessaly kill in Chapter 5, saying that it is a bad idea to let that type of creature talk?
(d) Giant spider.
4. What does Morpheus need to "uncreate" the Land in Chapter 5?
(b) Ocean swells.
(c) Human blood.
(d) Moon tides.
5. To what does Barbie compare being watched in Chapter 4?
(a) Bilbo in Mirkwood when the giant spiders attack.
(b) The surveillance in New York City.
(c) The attack of the killer bees.
(d) George in the apartment.
6. To where do thousands of people disappear on the Isle of Thorns in Chapter 5?
(a) The ocean.
(b) Morpheus' robe.
(c) The dream.
(d) The desert.
7. Who admits to not having any money or even a home in Chapter 6?
8. Cuckoo takes Barbie to the place of _______________ in Chapter 5.
(b) Atlantic Ocean.
9. What matters to the Moon, according to George?
10. What does Wanda complain about in New York in Chapter 5?
(a) The taxi drivers.
(b) The rude people.
(c) The weather.
(d) The subway.
11. When Barbie wakes up in Chapter 4, what does she want?
(a) A bath.
(b) A change of clothes.
12. What does Barbie draw on her face in Chapter 6?
(a) A chessboard.
(b) A veil.
(c) A teardrop.
(d) Two large birds.
13. What does Barbie dream of when she falls asleep in the car at the end of the book?
(a) Wanda fighting with Barbie.
(b) A perfect Wanda with another girl.
(c) Wanda making peace with her family.
(d) A happy ending for her friends.
14. Who threatens Barbie's group, forcing them to run toward the sea in Chapter 4?
(c) Black Guards.
15. Who moves upstate in Chapter 6?
(a) Hazel and Foxglove.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is an only child, as mentioned in Chapter 4?
2. Why is it dangerous to mess with the Moon, according to George?
3. Who does Barbie worry about until she sees that person's corpse hanging above her in Chapter 4?
4. What is Wanda's name as a man in her previous life?
5. Who shows Barbie a scar on the knee that she remembers?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)