|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose corpse does the traveling group come across in Chapter 4?
2. To what does Barbie compare being watched in Chapter 4?
(a) Bilbo in Mirkwood when the giant spiders attack.
(b) The surveillance in New York City.
(c) The attack of the killer bees.
(d) George in the apartment.
3. For what is the Cuckoo anxious in Chapter 5?
(a) The death of Barbie.
(b) The passing of time.
(c) The moon to rise so she can fly away to other lands.
(d) The changing of the Black Guards.
4. What does Barbie say girls do while boys imagine themselves stronger in Chapter 5?
(a) Girls dance around the house.
(b) Girls build houses.
(c) Girls make up lands where they are lost princesses whose real parents retrieve them.
(d) Girls wear party clothes.
5. To where does Dora drive Barbie after the funeral?
(a) The subway.
(b) The airport.
(c) Her new house.
(d) The bus station.
6. When Barbie fears repressed childhood abuse, what does the Cuckoo say in Chapter 5?
(a) That Barbie lived a dull childhood with an overactive imagination.
(b) That Barbie is foolish.
(c) That Cuckoo will assist her in gaining justice.
(d) That Barbie will have a chance to act out her revenge.
7. What does Morpheus say the boon can be used for?
(a) To win one object.
(b) To build a castle.
(c) To restore the life of one person.
(d) To kill the Cuckoo or to rebuild the land.
8. Why is George able to talk when Thessaly is gone in Chapter 4?
(a) He defeats her spell.
(b) He gets the help of Cuckoo.
(c) Her commands do not hold.
(d) He tricks Wanda into helping him.
9. What is destroyed that causes Cuckoo to rejoice and Wanda to worry in Chapter 5?
(a) Moon's Road.
(b) Wilkinson's body.
10. Who looks like Barbie's grandfather in Chapter 5?
11. Who is still walking on the Moon's Road and has not reached Barbie's dream yet in Chapter 4?
(a) Nuala and Morpheus.
(b) Hazel, Foxglove and Thessaly.
(c) Luz and Wilkinson.
(d) George and Wanda.
12. What does Wanda see when she looks out the window in Chapter 5?
(a) The ghost of George.
(b) Luz's cloak.
(c) A hurt beggar woman.
(d) Thessaly holding books.
13. Who has a grandson who was a cross-dresser?
(c) The beggar woman.
14. To whom does Cuckoo introduce Barbie inside the house in Chapter 5?
(a) Barbie's old goat.
(b) George's friends.
(c) Cuckoo's evil birds.
(d) Barbie's old toys.
15. Whom does Barbie see behind Luz, approaching them as they near the Brightly Shining Sea?
(b) Foxglove and Hazel.
(c) The Cuckoo.
(d) The Black Guards.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Morpheus offer to grant a boon?
2. When Barbie wakes up in Chapter 4, what does she want?
3. Who admits to not having any money or even a home in Chapter 6?
4. What matters to the Moon, according to George?
5. What does Barbie do with her lipstick on the tombstone in Chapter 6?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)