|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thessaly explain to Hazel in Chapter 3?
(a) That George is the mastermind behind their pain.
(b) That George's master, the Cuckoo, invaded their dreams to destroy the jewelry.
(c) That Barbie is going to have a battle with Cuckoo.
(d) That Barbie is going to die.
2. What does Thessaly do with George's skin?
(a) She makes a photocopy of it.
(b) She nails it to the wall.
(c) She burns it.
(d) She paints it.
3. While George waits patiently, what do the other characters do in Chapter 2?
(a) Foxglove reads, Hazel sleeps, Wanda sleeps, Thessaly brushes her hair and Barbie dreams.
(b) Barbie sleeps, Hazel cooks food and Wanda sews.
(c) Hazel and Wanda fight, Foxglove watches television and Barbie showers.
(d) Barbie watches television while Hazel, Foxglove and Wanda play a game.
4. What happens when the group reaches Wanda's apartment in Chapter 3?
(a) Foxglove fights with Hazel.
(b) Wanda cries over her bad dream.
(c) Thessaly kisses George.
(d) Wanda watches television.
5. What happens when one of the birds lands on Wanda's shoulder in Chapter 2?
(a) The bird warns her of her death.
(b) The bird carries her away.
(c) The bird attacks her.
(d) She dreams that Weirdzo Al visits her.
6. What does Barbie say that she stopped doing after she split up with Ken?
(a) Being happy.
(d) Being wild.
7. What is Thessaly missing from George's face that she needs in order to talk to him in Chapter 3?
(a) His tongue.
(b) His lips.
(c) His spirit.
(d) His approval.
8. What does Wilkinson say after learning about Martin's death?
(a) To not give up.
(c) To avenge his death.
(d) To wage war.
9. What is Barbie holding as she sleeps in Chapter 3?
(a) The Porpentine.
(b) A book.
(c) A good luck charm.
(d) A bracelet.
10. Who doubts Barbie because she does not remember who she is in Chapter 2?
11. Where does the Cuckoo reside, according to George?
(a) In George's birds.
(b) In Hazel's books.
(c) In Barbie's dream.
(d) In Thessaly's hair.
12. What resembles a chessboard in Chapter 1?
(a) Barbie's make-up.
(b) The ballroom in the Empire State building.
(c) The floor inside Thessaly's mansion.
(d) The entry way to the apartment.
13. Where are Barbie and Wanda accosted by a beggar woman?
(b) Coffee shop.
(c) Apartment building.
14. Who is the young woman plagued by involvement in a dream world mentioned in Chapter 1?
(c) Black Guard.
15. What event is foreshadowed by the appearance of a character at George's door with a knife?
(a) A suicide.
(b) A quarrel.
(c) George's murder.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who dreams about beautiful dresses in Chapter 2?
2. Who is the large dog in the street that calls out to Barbie in Chapter 1?
3. What does Hazel dream that she finds in a box in the cellar under a train in Chapter 2?
4. At the end of Chapter 2, who does the reader know will have future adventures in the Land?
5. Who knocks on the door to check and see if the people who had nightmares are OK in Chapter 3?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)