|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the large dog in the street that calls out to Barbie in Chapter 1?
(a) January Jones.
(d) Martin Tenbones.
2. To whom is Barbie an heir and savior in Chapter 2?
(a) Martin and Prinado.
(b) Wilkinson and Luz.
(c) George and Wanda.
(d) Thessaly and Foxglove.
3. What does Barbie say about dreaming in Chapter 1?
(a) That dreams lead to bad things.
(b) That dreams are scary.
(c) That dreams make her sleep better.
(d) That she does not dream.
4. What does Thessaly explain to Hazel in Chapter 3?
(a) That Barbie is going to have a battle with Cuckoo.
(b) That George is the mastermind behind their pain.
(c) That George's master, the Cuckoo, invaded their dreams to destroy the jewelry.
(d) That Barbie is going to die.
5. What does the woman who might be pregnant fear about pregnancy tests?
(a) That they work.
(b) That they hurt.
(c) That you have to kill a rabbit.
(d) That can be wrong.
6. When Thessaly asks George why he tried to harm them, what does he say?
(a) That he likes to cause nightmares.
(b) That he wanted to change them into birds.
(c) That he sent the birds to destroy the Porpentine.
(d) That he wanted to control them.
7. When Thessaly asks George who he is, what does he say in Chapter 3?
(a) An angry fool.
(b) That he is Gwa-y-Gogg, the servant of Cuckoo.
(c) A lottery winner.
(d) A dead man.
8. What does Thessaly ask Foxglove to give her in Chapter 3?
(a) Menstrual blood.
(d) Dream Stone.
9. Where does the Cuckoo reside, according to George?
(a) In George's birds.
(b) In Barbie's dream.
(c) In Thessaly's hair.
(d) In Hazel's books.
10. Where do Hazel, Wanda and Foxglove find George in Chapter 3?
(a) Sleeping in Barbie's bed.
(b) In the bathtub of his apartment.
(c) Hanging on the wall.
(d) On the roof.
11. What are the two ways to get into another person's dreams mentioned in Chapter 3?
(a) Through the Dream King or the Moon Road.
(b) Through pouring menstrual blood or breaking the Dream Stone.
(c) Through hynopsis and death.
(d) Through sleeping next to them and living with them.
12. Who is afraid of sleeping in Chapter 2?
(b) Martin Tenbones.
13. What does Barbie give the beggar woman?
(a) A sandwich.
(b) Fifty cents.
(c) A tissue.
(d) Her watch.
14. In what city is Barbie in when she wakes up from her first dream in an apartment?
(a) San Francisco.
(c) The Land.
(d) New York City.
15. What does Thessaly explain that George was doing to everyone in Chapter 3?
(a) Plotting their deaths.
(b) Conspiring against them.
(c) Sending malevolent projections in the form of birds that cause nightmares.
(d) Cheating them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What horrible event does Hazel dream about that involves Foxglove in Chapter 2?
2. Whom does Wanda greet on her way back to Barbie's apartment in Chapter 1?
3. Who is asked to stand next to Barbie because she is not biologically a woman?
4. Who wakes up from nightmares at 3 a.m. in New York in Chapter 3?
5. What does Barbie say when she finds out that her destination is far away?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)