|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wants to leave the apartment after finding George's body but cannot do so?
2. What are the two ways to get into another person's dreams mentioned in Chapter 3?
(a) Through pouring menstrual blood or breaking the Dream Stone.
(b) Through the Dream King or the Moon Road.
(c) Through hynopsis and death.
(d) Through sleeping next to them and living with them.
3. Who does Barbie imagine will visit and warn her of danger approaching in Chapter 2?
4. What is Thessaly missing from George's face that she needs in order to talk to him in Chapter 3?
(a) His approval.
(b) His tongue.
(c) His lips.
(d) His spirit.
5. What was Barbie not allowed to read as a little girl?
(a) Romance novels.
(d) Theology books.
6. What does the woman who might be pregnant fear about pregnancy tests?
(a) That can be wrong.
(b) That you have to kill a rabbit.
(c) That they work.
(d) That they hurt.
7. Whom does Wanda greet on her way back to Barbie's apartment in Chapter 1?
(a) A grumpy George.
(b) A beggar woman.
(c) A scared waiter.
(d) A hungry child.
8. Who cuts open his or her chest and releases birds in Chapter 2?
9. Who does Barbie meet in the Land in Chapter 2?
(a) Luz, Wilkinson and Prinado.
(b) Martin Tenbones.
(c) Hazel and Foxglove.
(d) Wanda and Nuala.
10. What does Thessaly explain that George was doing to everyone in Chapter 3?
(a) Conspiring against them.
(b) Plotting their deaths.
(c) Sending malevolent projections in the form of birds that cause nightmares.
(d) Cheating them.
11. Who wakes up Barbie to go shopping in Chapter 1?
(d) Martin Tenbones.
12. Where do Hazel, Wanda and Foxglove find George in Chapter 3?
(a) On the roof.
(b) Sleeping in Barbie's bed.
(c) In the bathtub of his apartment.
(d) Hanging on the wall.
13. Whose picture do Hazel, Wanda and Foxglove find in the apartment when they place Barbie on the couch in Chapter 3?
14. When Hazel notices Wanda's "thingie," what does Wanda rebuke her for noticing in Chapter 3?
(a) Her headband.
(b) Her shoes.
(c) A lady's shortcomings.
(d) Her nightgown.
15. What happens when one of the birds lands on Wanda's shoulder in Chapter 2?
(a) The bird carries her away.
(b) The bird attacks her.
(c) She dreams that Weirdzo Al visits her.
(d) The bird warns her of her death.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, who is afraid that Cuckoo will reign in the land?
2. Who is hungry, cold and miserable in Chapter 1?
3. When Barbie learns that the destination is far away, what does her response reveal about her nature in Chapter 2?
4. What does Wilkinson say after learning about Martin's death?
5. What does Barbie say that she stopped doing after she split up with Ken?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)