|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thessaly explain to Hazel in Chapter 3?
(a) That George is the mastermind behind their pain.
(b) That Barbie is going to have a battle with Cuckoo.
(c) That George's master, the Cuckoo, invaded their dreams to destroy the jewelry.
(d) That Barbie is going to die.
2. Whose picture do Hazel, Wanda and Foxglove find in the apartment when they place Barbie on the couch in Chapter 3?
3. What is Barbie excited about getting in Chapter 1?
(a) A new dress.
(b) Real coffee.
(c) A book.
4. What is Barbie reminded of when she finds out that she is an heir and a savior?
(a) Her eyesight.
(b) Her love.
(c) Her strength.
(d) Her destiny.
5. What does Wilkinson say after learning about Martin's death?
(a) To wage war.
(c) To avenge his death.
(d) To not give up.
6. What does Thessaly think the object that Barbie holds can do?
(a) Fight birds.
(b) Help people take charge of their dreams.
(c) Keep Barbie alive.
(d) Change people into animals.
7. Who runs away, frightened by the sight of a dog in Chapter 1?
(b) The beggar woman.
8. In what city is Barbie in when she wakes up from her first dream in an apartment?
(a) New York City.
(b) San Francisco.
(c) The Land.
9. Whom does Thessaly say she needs to talk to in Chapter 3?
10. What does Barbie say about dreaming in Chapter 1?
(a) That dreams lead to bad things.
(b) That she does not dream.
(c) That dreams make her sleep better.
(d) That dreams are scary.
11. Where are Barbie and Wanda accosted by a beggar woman?
(b) Apartment building.
(d) Coffee shop.
12. What does Barbie say that she stopped doing after she split up with Ken?
(a) Being wild.
(d) Being happy.
13. What does Thessaly do with George's skin?
(a) She nails it to the wall.
(b) She paints it.
(c) She burns it.
(d) She makes a photocopy of it.
14. Who knocks on the door to check and see if the people who had nightmares are OK in Chapter 3?
15. What does Barbie give the beggar woman?
(a) Fifty cents.
(b) A tissue.
(c) A sandwich.
(d) Her watch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hazel ask Barbie to return when she comes to her apartment in Chapter 2?
2. Who doubts Barbie because she does not remember who she is in Chapter 2?
3. Who does Barbie imagine will visit and warn her of danger approaching in Chapter 2?
4. In Chapter 2, who is afraid of being pregnant?
5. What advice does Barbie give Hazel in Chapter 2 regarding men?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)