|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Cuckoo reside, according to George?
(a) In Barbie's dream.
(b) In Thessaly's hair.
(c) In George's birds.
(d) In Hazel's books.
2. What does Hazel ask Barbie to return when she comes to her apartment in Chapter 2?
(a) A movie.
(b) A book.
(c) A frog mug.
(d) Her earrings.
3. Who is afraid to vomit in the bathroom because of the corpse in Chapter 3?
4. Who is the large dog in the street that calls out to Barbie in Chapter 1?
(c) January Jones.
(d) Martin Tenbones.
5. In Chapter 1, who tells the crow in another land that he does not know what is happening?
6. What is Barbie holding as she sleeps in Chapter 3?
(a) A bracelet.
(b) A good luck charm.
(c) The Porpentine.
(d) A book.
7. What does Barbie describe as "yechy" in Chapter 1?
(d) Foxglove's hair.
8. What event is foreshadowed by the appearance of a character at George's door with a knife?
(a) George's murder.
(b) A quarrel.
(c) A suicide.
9. Since Wanda and Barbie are broke in Chapter 1, where are they going to go?
(a) A bookstore.
(b) A cafe.
(c) The grocery store.
10. What was Barbie not allowed to read as a little girl?
(c) Romance novels.
(d) Theology books.
11. Who wakes up from nightmares at 3 a.m. in New York in Chapter 3?
(a) Martin and Thessaly.
(b) Nuala and George.
(c) Foxglove and Hazel.
(d) Barbie and Wanda.
12. Who is hungry, cold and miserable in Chapter 1?
(a) Black Guard.
13. What does one character use to find the princess in Chapter 1?
14. What does Barbie say about dreaming in Chapter 1?
(a) That dreams are scary.
(b) That dreams make her sleep better.
(c) That she does not dream.
(d) That dreams lead to bad things.
15. Who is afraid of sleeping in Chapter 2?
(c) Martin Tenbones.
Short Answer Questions
1. While George waits patiently, what do the other characters do in Chapter 2?
2. What does Barbie give the beggar woman?
3. Who is the young woman plagued by involvement in a dream world mentioned in Chapter 1?
4. Where does Barbie remember that she must go in Chapter 2?
5. Where do Hazel, Wanda and Foxglove take Barbie in Chapter 3?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)