|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Since Wanda and Barbie are broke in Chapter 1, where are they going to go?
(b) The grocery store.
(c) A cafe.
(d) A bookstore.
2. Who is asked to stand next to Barbie because she is not biologically a woman?
3. What does Hazel ask Barbie to return when she comes to her apartment in Chapter 2?
(a) A book.
(b) A movie.
(c) A frog mug.
(d) Her earrings.
4. In Chapter 1, who is afraid that Cuckoo will reign in the land?
5. What does Barbie say when she finds out that her destination is far away?
(a) She had better get going.
(b) She is going to give up.
(c) She needs help.
(d) She will fly on the wings of a bird.
6. Who cuts open his or her chest and releases birds in Chapter 2?
7. What do the girls want to do when they find George's corpse?
(a) Burn it.
(b) Run away.
(c) Call the police and get a doctor for Barbie.
(d) Hide it.
8. Who wants to leave the apartment after finding George's body but cannot do so?
9. To whom is Barbie an heir and savior in Chapter 2?
(a) Martin and Prinado.
(b) Wilkinson and Luz.
(c) George and Wanda.
(d) Thessaly and Foxglove.
10. Whom does Wanda tease about smoking too much in Chapter 1?
(a) Hazel and Foxglove.
(b) Barbie and Luz.
(c) Porpentine and Tantoblin.
(d) Thessaly and Martin.
11. What does Wilkinson say after learning about Martin's death?
(a) To wage war.
(c) To avenge his death.
(d) To not give up.
12. What is Barbie excited about getting in Chapter 1?
(a) A book.
(b) Real coffee.
(d) A new dress.
13. What happens when a bird lands on Thessaly in Chapter 2?
(a) She catches it and burns it.
(b) She fights it.
(c) She eats it.
(d) She locks it in a cage.
14. What are the two ways to get into another person's dreams mentioned in Chapter 3?
(a) Through the Dream King or the Moon Road.
(b) Through pouring menstrual blood or breaking the Dream Stone.
(c) Through sleeping next to them and living with them.
(d) Through hynopsis and death.
15. To whom does George tell Thessaly that he sent the birds to haunt and give bad dreams?
(a) Thessaly, Wanda, Foxglove and Hazel.
(b) Maisie Hill and Murphy.
(c) Nuala and Morpheus.
(d) Cuckoo and Barbie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who knocks on George's door holding a hidden knife?
2. What does Thessaly explain that George was doing to everyone in Chapter 3?
3. What does Sandman suggest about people by looking at their inner fantasies?
4. What happens when one of the birds lands on Wanda's shoulder in Chapter 2?
5. In Chapter 1, who tells the crow in another land that he does not know what is happening?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)