|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose picture do Hazel, Wanda and Foxglove find in the apartment when they place Barbie on the couch in Chapter 3?
2. What does Hazel ask Barbie to return when she comes to her apartment in Chapter 2?
(a) A frog mug.
(b) A book.
(c) Her earrings.
(d) A movie.
3. Who does Barbie imagine will visit and warn her of danger approaching in Chapter 2?
4. In what city is Barbie in when she wakes up from her first dream in an apartment?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) The Land.
(d) New York City.
5. Who claims to be a woman in a dream in Chapter 2?
6. At the end of Chapter 2, who does the reader know will have future adventures in the Land?
7. Who knocks on the door to check and see if the people who had nightmares are OK in Chapter 3?
8. Whom does Thessaly say she needs to talk to in Chapter 3?
9. Who is afraid of sleeping in Chapter 2?
(b) Martin Tenbones.
10. What happens when the group reaches Wanda's apartment in Chapter 3?
(a) Thessaly kisses George.
(b) Wanda cries over her bad dream.
(c) Wanda watches television.
(d) Foxglove fights with Hazel.
11. Where does Barbie remember that she must go in Chapter 2?
(a) The train station.
(b) Her apartment.
(c) The Brightly Shining Sea.
12. When Hazel notices Wanda's "thingie," what does Wanda rebuke her for noticing in Chapter 3?
(a) A lady's shortcomings.
(b) Her shoes.
(c) Her nightgown.
(d) Her headband.
13. What does Barbie say that she stopped doing after she split up with Ken?
(c) Being happy.
(d) Being wild.
14. What happens when a bird lands on Thessaly in Chapter 2?
(a) She fights it.
(b) She catches it and burns it.
(c) She eats it.
(d) She locks it in a cage.
15. What does Thessaly think the object that Barbie holds can do?
(a) Keep Barbie alive.
(b) Help people take charge of their dreams.
(c) Fight birds.
(d) Change people into animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the two ways to get into another person's dreams mentioned in Chapter 3?
2. Who knocks on George's door holding a hidden knife?
3. In Chapter 1, who tells the crow in another land that he does not know what is happening?
4. What does one character use to find the princess in Chapter 1?
5. Who is afraid to vomit in the bathroom because of the corpse in Chapter 3?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)