|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Barbie not allowed to read as a little girl?
(a) Theology books.
(c) Romance novels.
2. What do the girls want to do when they find George's corpse?
(a) Run away.
(b) Call the police and get a doctor for Barbie.
(c) Burn it.
(d) Hide it.
3. What does Thessaly think the object that Barbie holds can do?
(a) Fight birds.
(b) Help people take charge of their dreams.
(c) Keep Barbie alive.
(d) Change people into animals.
4. Who thinks that Thessaly is weird and nerdy in Chapter 3?
(d) Foxglove, Hazel and Wanda.
5. Which character confesses in Chapter 2 to having an abortion in high school?
6. Where does Barbie remember that she must go in Chapter 2?
(a) Her apartment.
(b) The Brightly Shining Sea.
(c) The train station.
7. When Hazel notices Wanda's "thingie," what does Wanda rebuke her for noticing in Chapter 3?
(a) Her nightgown.
(b) Her shoes.
(c) Her headband.
(d) A lady's shortcomings.
8. Who wakes up Barbie to go shopping in Chapter 1?
(a) Martin Tenbones.
9. While George waits patiently, what do the other characters do in Chapter 2?
(a) Barbie watches television while Hazel, Foxglove and Wanda play a game.
(b) Hazel and Wanda fight, Foxglove watches television and Barbie showers.
(c) Barbie sleeps, Hazel cooks food and Wanda sews.
(d) Foxglove reads, Hazel sleeps, Wanda sleeps, Thessaly brushes her hair and Barbie dreams.
10. What does Barbie say that she stopped doing after she split up with Ken?
(a) Being happy.
(c) Being wild.
11. What does Thessaly ask Foxglove to give her in Chapter 3?
(b) Menstrual blood.
(c) Dream Stone.
12. When Thessaly cuts off George's face, what does Foxglove say is happening in Chapter 3?
(b) New-age stuff.
13. Who dreams about beautiful dresses in Chapter 2?
14. What does Sandman suggest about people by looking at their inner fantasies?
(a) A person has more going on internally than can be seen from the outside.
(b) A person with destructive fantasies will self-destruct.
(c) A person without fantasies can live grounded in reality.
(d) A person with optimistic fantasies will lead a happy life.
15. Since Wanda and Barbie are broke in Chapter 1, where are they going to go?
(a) A cafe.
(c) The grocery store.
(d) A bookstore.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who may have been murdered by the Black Guard?
2. Who is asked to stand next to Barbie because she is not biologically a woman?
3. What is Wanda reluctant to carry around in public in Chapter 1?
4. In what city is Barbie in when she wakes up from her first dream in an apartment?
5. What happens when the group reaches Wanda's apartment in Chapter 3?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)