|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city is Barbie in when she wakes up from her first dream in an apartment?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) New York City.
(d) The Land.
2. What does Thessaly ask Foxglove to give her in Chapter 3?
(b) Menstrual blood.
(c) Dream Stone.
3. Who has spare keys to Barbie's apartment in Chapter 3?
4. What does Thessaly think the object that Barbie holds can do?
(a) Keep Barbie alive.
(b) Change people into animals.
(c) Fight birds.
(d) Help people take charge of their dreams.
5. Who are the Weirdzos mentioned in Chapter 1?
(a) A punk-metal band.
(b) A family living in New Jersey that Wanda likes.
(c) A species that lived on a square planet in outer space and did everything backward.
(d) A strange community of people.
6. When Hazel notices Wanda's "thingie," what does Wanda rebuke her for noticing in Chapter 3?
(a) Her headband.
(b) Her shoes.
(c) Her nightgown.
(d) A lady's shortcomings.
7. Who wakes up from nightmares at 3 a.m. in New York in Chapter 3?
(a) Nuala and George.
(b) Barbie and Wanda.
(c) Martin and Thessaly.
(d) Foxglove and Hazel.
8. Who does Foxglove think is talking to her in her dream in Chapter 2?
9. What does Thessaly do with George's skin?
(a) She makes a photocopy of it.
(b) She nails it to the wall.
(c) She burns it.
(d) She paints it.
10. What does Barbie describe as "yechy" in Chapter 1?
(d) Foxglove's hair.
11. Who is hungry, cold and miserable in Chapter 1?
(a) Black Guard.
12. What is Barbie reminded of when she finds out that she is an heir and a savior?
(a) Her eyesight.
(b) Her destiny.
(c) Her love.
(d) Her strength.
13. What does Hazel dream that she finds in a box in the cellar under a train in Chapter 2?
(a) A book.
(b) A letter.
(c) A dead baby boy.
(d) A dead bird.
14. Who is afraid of sleeping in Chapter 2?
(c) Martin Tenbones.
15. Which character confesses in Chapter 2 to having an abortion in high school?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the large dog in the street that calls out to Barbie in Chapter 1?
2. What was Barbie not allowed to read as a little girl?
3. What does Thessaly explain to Hazel in Chapter 3?
4. At the end of Chapter 2, who does the reader know will have future adventures in the Land?
5. Who is afraid to vomit in the bathroom because of the corpse in Chapter 3?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)