|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thessaly explain to Hazel in Chapter 3?
(a) That Barbie is going to have a battle with Cuckoo.
(b) That Barbie is going to die.
(c) That George is the mastermind behind their pain.
(d) That George's master, the Cuckoo, invaded their dreams to destroy the jewelry.
2. What is Barbie reminded of when she finds out that she is an heir and a savior?
(a) Her eyesight.
(b) Her destiny.
(c) Her love.
(d) Her strength.
3. When Thessaly asks George who he is, what does he say in Chapter 3?
(a) That he is Gwa-y-Gogg, the servant of Cuckoo.
(b) A dead man.
(c) An angry fool.
(d) A lottery winner.
4. Whom does Wanda greet on her way back to Barbie's apartment in Chapter 1?
(a) A scared waiter.
(b) A beggar woman.
(c) A grumpy George.
(d) A hungry child.
5. When Barbie learns that the destination is far away, what does her response reveal about her nature in Chapter 2?
(a) That she is forgetful.
(b) That she is strong-willed.
(c) That she gives up easily.
(d) That she is cowardly.
6. Since Wanda and Barbie are broke in Chapter 1, where are they going to go?
(a) The grocery store.
(b) A bookstore.
(d) A cafe.
7. At the end of Chapter 2, who does the reader know will have future adventures in the Land?
8. Whom does Wanda tease about smoking too much in Chapter 1?
(a) Porpentine and Tantoblin.
(b) Barbie and Luz.
(c) Hazel and Foxglove.
(d) Thessaly and Martin.
9. Who runs away, frightened by the sight of a dog in Chapter 1?
(a) The beggar woman.
10. What does Barbie say about dreaming in Chapter 1?
(a) That dreams lead to bad things.
(b) That dreams make her sleep better.
(c) That she does not dream.
(d) That dreams are scary.
11. What does the woman who might be pregnant fear about pregnancy tests?
(a) That they work.
(b) That you have to kill a rabbit.
(c) That can be wrong.
(d) That they hurt.
12. What happens when a bird lands on Foxglove in Chapter 2?
(a) She dreams of someone calling her Donna.
(b) She dreams of death.
(c) She dreams of becoming a man.
(d) She dreams of escaping her life.
13. When Thessaly asks George why he tried to harm them, what does he say?
(a) That he wanted to change them into birds.
(b) That he likes to cause nightmares.
(c) That he wanted to control them.
(d) That he sent the birds to destroy the Porpentine.
14. Who knocks on the door to check and see if the people who had nightmares are OK in Chapter 3?
15. Who wakes up Barbie to go shopping in Chapter 1?
(d) Martin Tenbones.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who may have been murdered by the Black Guard?
2. When Hazel notices Wanda's "thingie," what does Wanda rebuke her for noticing in Chapter 3?
3. What does Hazel ask Barbie to return when she comes to her apartment in Chapter 2?
4. What does Thessaly think the object that Barbie holds can do?
5. Who is hungry, cold and miserable in Chapter 1?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)