|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, how old was Alphonse when he helped his father create creatures for the carnival?
2. Where did Spencer find the dragon specimen?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 7, where was Spencer traveling?
4. How did the Academy receive the paper Spencer submitted on the fawn-child?
(a) Rejected it.
(b) Destroyed it.
(c) Published it.
(d) Belittled it.
5. What happened shortly after Spencer submitted the fawn-child paper to the academy?
(a) They took away his operating privileges.
(b) They fired him.
(c) They terminated his funding.
(d) They gave him a new program to manage.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what period of time did Spencer try to learn a lifetime of zoological science?
2. In Chapter 6, where was Spencer’s show challenged to be indecent and blasphemous?
3. How many heads did the Cerberus have?
4. To what does Spencer compare Alphonse in Chapter 5?
5. When did Spencer disappear?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Samuel?
2. How was the writing in the Codex described?
3. What creature did Spencer create that was too grotesque for his audiences?
4. What was believed about sirens or mermaids?
5. What was the legend behind the ganesha?
6. What was the sphinx like?
7. What did some believe about the creatures in the Human Renaissance show?
8. In Chapter 5, how did Spencer describe most sideshows at carnivals?
9. How did Spencer describe the fawn-child?
10. Who was Alexander Goethe?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)