|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name did Spencer give Alphonse after performing surgery on him?
(a) Sleepless man.
(b) Unaging man.
(c) Strong man.
(d) Winged man.
2. In Chapter 7, where did Spencer unveil his new show?
3. In Chapter 6, where was the lizard-woman from?
4. What became Elise’s nickname during the time the Blacks traveled with the carnival?
(a) Mother Elise.
(b) Momma El.
(d) Miss Priss.
5. What years of Spencer’s life were covered in Chapter 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Spencer disappear?
2. What seasons was the carnival open?
3. In Chapter 5, what did Spencer find among the sideshows of a carnival?
4. How many heads did the chimaera have?
5. How long was Spencer booked to perform at the World’s Columbian Exposition in Chicago?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Samuel?
2. Who were some of the performers in the Human Renaissance show?
3. Why did Spencer have to leave the World’s Columbian Exposition early?
4. How was Spencer’s paper on the fawn-child received?
5. What did some believe about the creatures in the Human Renaissance show?
6. What was believed about sirens or mermaids?
7. What creature did Spencer create that was too grotesque for his audiences?
8. At a carnival Spencer saw in Chapter 5, what were some of the exhibits?
9. In Chapter 5, how did Spencer describe Alphonse’s growth?
10. How did Spencer describe the fawn-child?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)