|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Spencer write about the dissection of the fawn-child in his journal?
(a) August 14.
(b) September 3.
(c) July 21.
(d) October 17.
2. How many horse-drawn caravans traveled with the American Carnival?
3. In what period of time did Spencer try to learn a lifetime of zoological science?
(a) A month.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 4 years.
4. How many heads did the Cerberus have?
5. When did Spencer join the American Carnival?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Samuel born?
2. In Chapter 5, how does Spencer say that Alphonse is growing?
3. In Chapter 6, where was Spencer’s show challenged to be indecent and blasphemous?
4. How much did Spencer pay for a fawn-child specimen in Chapter 5?
5. How did Victor die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the legend behind the ganesha?
2. What procedure did Spencer follow to dissect the fawn-child?
3. How was Spencer’s paper on the fawn-child received?
4. How was the writing in the Codex described?
5. Who were some of the performers in the Human Renaissance show?
6. What happened to Samuel?
7. What was believed about sirens or mermaids?
8. What did some believe about the creatures in the Human Renaissance show?
9. How was the Codex described?
10. How did Spencer describe the fawn-child?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)