|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the man in the household where Spencer and his brother lived after their father died?
2. In Chapter 3, how many right fingers did a patient have?
3. With whom did Spencer believe humans shared traits?
(a) Ancient mythological animals.
(c) Sea creatures.
(d) Ancient gods.
4. How old was Meredith Anne Heath?
5. What ideas of Spencer’s began to separate him from the rest of the scientific community?
(a) Surgical practices.
(b) Methods for medical education.
(c) Nature of science.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the child that Spencer and Elise lost shortly after birth?
2. How many surgeons worked in Spencer’s program in Chapter 3?
3. What was the name of the place where Spencer worked in his program?
4. When did Spencer disappear?
5. Where was Spencer born?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the first unsuccessful surgery at Ward C?
2. What ideas about evolution would eventually separate Spencer from the rest of the scientific community?
3. How did Dr. Gregory Black obtain bodies for his medical students?
4. Where did Spencer and his brother go to live after their father died?
5. What is the life cycle of the cicada?
6. During this time in America and around the world, what changes were occurring in medicine?
7. What did Spencer claim in his paper “The Perfect Human”?
8. What did Spencer write about a time he went to help his father dig up a body?
9. How did Spencer seem to feel about the birth of his third child?
10. Who were two of the doctors who joined Spencer in his program?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)