|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who oversaw Spencer’s program?
(a) Joab A. Holace.
(b) Andrew M. Wilder.
(c) Peter Manning Withers.
(d) Joseph Warren Denkel.
2. During which year at the Academy in Philadelphia did Spencer begin taking illustration seriously?
(a) Third year.
(b) First year.
(c) Second year.
(d) Last year.
3. In a journal at the beginning of Chapter 2, what did Spencer say was a miracle?
(a) Being human.
(b) Birth of a baby.
(c) Life and death.
(d) Sunrise and sunset.
4. What color is the resin from the Myrrh tree?
5. What ideas of Spencer’s began to separate him from the rest of the scientific community?
(a) Nature of science.
(b) Surgical practices.
(d) Methods for medical education.
6. How many specialists in human mutations were on Spencer’s team in Chapter 3?
7. What year were Spencer and Elise married?
8. In Chapter 3, how many right fingers did a patient have?
9. Who was Bernard working for in Chapter 3?
(a) Metropolitan Museum.
(b) National Museum of Natural History.
(c) Philadelphia General Hospital.
(d) New York Society of Science.
10. What were Bernard’s scientific interests?
(b) Geology and archeology.
(c) Natural sciences, fossils, and history.
(d) Biology and botany.
11. How old was Meredith Anne Heath?
12. When did Elise give birth to her third child?
13. Where did Dr. Gregory Black teach?
(a) Medical Arts College.
(b) Geneva Medical College.
(c) Indiana Central Medical College.
(d) Albany Medical College.
14. When did Spencer and Elise have their first child?
15. How long into the surgery did Meredith die?
(a) 35 minutes.
(b) 45 minutes.
(c) An hour and a half.
(d) 2 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Spencer when he finished his schooling?
2. When did Spencer disappear?
3. What did Spencer believe about mutations?
4. When was the last time the materials in the book were seen?
5. Where were Meredith and her family from?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)