|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Spencer when his third child was born?
2. Who oversaw Spencer’s program?
(a) Joab A. Holace.
(b) Andrew M. Wilder.
(c) Peter Manning Withers.
(d) Joseph Warren Denkel.
3. What was Alphonse’s birth date?
(a) April 17.
(b) April 30.
(c) March 1.
(d) March 16.
4. What was the name of the man in the household where Spencer and his brother lived after their father died?
5. When was Spencer born?
6. How many specialists in human mutations were on Spencer’s team in Chapter 3?
7. What did Spencer believe about mutations?
(a) Body’s attempt to grow what it had thousands of years ago.
(b) A form of evolution.
(c) They were accidents.
(d) Defect in genetics.
8. When was the first operation performed in Chapter 3?
(a) May 18.
(b) June 3.
(c) April 24.
(d) July 9.
9. Who was one of Spencer’s most influential professors?
(a) Bernard Philip Vandervere.
(b) Joseph Warren Denkel.
(c) Peter David Andrews.
(d) Robert Wyatt Williams.
10. What do cicadas transform into when they emerge from the ground?
(c) Winged insects.
11. In Chapter 2, from where did the dead insects come from that Spencer illustrated?
(d) Malaysian Islands.
12. For what researcher did Spencer work on and off for many years, illustrating hundreds of specimens?
(a) Martin Phillips.
(b) David Andrews.
(c) Jean DeLain.
(d) Phillip Robarre.
13. What killed Dr. Gregory Black?
(a) Heart attack.
14. In Chapter 3, what controversial paper did Spencer publish?
(a) Humans and Mutations.
(b) The Perfect Human.
(c) Humans and Evolution.
(d) Mutations or Myth.
15. During what month were Spencer and Elise married?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were Meredith and her family from?
2. How long do cicadas live in the ground after hatching?
3. In a journal at the beginning of Chapter 2, what did Spencer say was a miracle?
4. How long have some English Yew lived?
5. Where did Spencer and his team have access to a special operating room?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)