|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 - Marriage and Transformation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long have some English Yew lived?
(a) 9,000 years.
(b) 750 years.
(c) 500 years.
(d) 1,500 years.
2. How many surgeons worked in Spencer’s program in Chapter 3?
3. Before moving to Philadelphia, how much schooling had Spencer completed at the Medical Arts College in Boston?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 18 months.
(d) 6 months.
4. In Chapter 2, from where did the dead insects come from that Spencer illustrated?
(b) Malaysian Islands.
5. When did Spencer announce that he wanted to become a medical doctor?
(a) Shortly after his father’s death.
(b) When he was 21.
(c) When he was 19.
(d) After finishing high school.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years did it take curators of Philadelphia’s Museum of Medical Antiquities to collect Spencer’s papers?
2. What was the name of the place where Spencer worked in his program?
3. What ideas of Spencer’s began to separate him from the rest of the scientific community?
4. What was Elise’s last name?
5. Where did Spencer’s notes suggest that Elise came from?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)