|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 - Marriage and Transformation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what controversial paper did Spencer publish?
(a) The Perfect Human.
(b) Mutations or Myth.
(c) Humans and Mutations.
(d) Humans and Evolution.
2. What did Spencer believe about mutations?
(a) Defect in genetics.
(b) They were accidents.
(c) A form of evolution.
(d) Body’s attempt to grow what it had thousands of years ago.
3. By 1873, how many applications were being submitted by students to the academy?
(a) More than 15,000.
(b) Tens of thousands.
(d) Over 25,000.
4. Who was one of Spencer’s most influential professors?
(a) Peter David Andrews.
(b) Joseph Warren Denkel.
(c) Robert Wyatt Williams.
(d) Bernard Philip Vandervere.
5. What was the name of the child that Spencer and Elise lost shortly after birth?
Short Answer Questions
1. During which year at the Academy in Philadelphia did Spencer begin taking illustration seriously?
2. In Chapter 3, who strongly disagreed with claims Spencer made in the first paper he published in Chapter 3?
3. What year were Spencer and Elise married?
4. How long was the courtship between Spencer and Elise?
5. Before moving to Philadelphia, how much schooling had Spencer completed at the Medical Arts College in Boston?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)