|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason does Dr. Wright suggest the killer will not go after he, Cuthbert, and Rickman in his fourth floor office?
2. How did the Whittlesey Expedition get to the upper reaches of the Xingu as described in Whittlesey's journal?
3. What politician did Dr. Wright go to college with as revealed in Chapter 34?
4. What does Margo find hidden in the lid of one of Whittlesey's crates in Chapter 30?
5. What does D'Agosta tell Coffey is his reason for leaving the Hall of the Heavens in Chapter 49?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who directs D'Agosta's party out of the Hall of the Heavens? Which members of the group refuse to go?
2. What has George Kawakita done with the information about the indigenous plant packed with Whittlesey's artifacts? What is Kawakita's theory about the creature who terrorized the museum?
3. Who is Montague and what happened to him?
4. What is the security set up in the museum? Why is it designed that way?
5. What happens to the lights in the museum? What other damage does this cause?
6. What is Dr. Frock's theory on the killer in the museum as he explains it to Pendergast in Chapter 29?
7. What contract does Smithback show off four weeks after the creature is killed? With whom does Smithback promise to share any proceeds from the contract?
8. Who remains stuck inside the Hall of the Heavens with D'Agosta?
9. What is found inside the Superstition Exhibition that begins the panic? Who finds it?
10. What epiphany does Margo have in Chapter 37 that makes her decide to run the indigenous plants from the Whittlesey crates packing material through the extrapolator program?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Whittlesey? What expedition did he go on? To where? What was the purpose of the expedition? Did Whittlesey find what he was looking for? What happened to the scientists involved in the expedition? Was this related to the relics crated and sent back to the museum? If so, explain. What is assumed was Dr. Whittllesey's fate? What did his journal say about the expedition? Was this helpful tot he murder investigation? What letter did Margo find in the crates related to the expedition? Was this letter helpful in learning about the nature of the creature? What item of Whittlesey's was found in the creature's lair? What conclusion did investigators come to when seeing this item? Is this conclusion correct?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss one of the following themes in detail:
1) Survival Instinct
4) Scientific Theory
5) Genetic Mutation
Essay Topic 3
Who is Pendergast? Where is he from? Why does he come to New York? Why does he become involved in the investigation into the murders at the museum? Does D'Agosta want Pendergast's help? Discuss the relationship between Pendergast and D'Agosta in detail. Why is Pendergast removed from the investigation? What does Pendergast do with this information? Why would Pendergast begin investigating on his own? What does Pendergast know about he creature that other investigator's refuse to believe? How did Pendergast become involved in this investigation in the first place? What does the fact that Whittlesey's cargo was stopped in New Orleans for a time have to do with Pendergast? How does Pendergast eventually kill the creature?
This section contains 1,409 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)