|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 61, how much does D'Agosta pay a passerby to call the fire department in order to rescue him and his group?
2. In Chapter 50, what does Pendergast tell Dr. Frock the killer looks like?
3. How many people are expected for the Superstition Exhibition's opening night party?
4. What politician did Dr. Wright go to college with as revealed in Chapter 34?
5. In Chapter 62, to what rank is it revealed that D'Agosta was promoted to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the extrapolator program say about the DNA taken from the claw that was found inside the chest of one of the museum killer's victims?
2. What contract does Smithback show off four weeks after the creature is killed? With whom does Smithback promise to share any proceeds from the contract?
3. Where do Margo and Dr. Frock go in Chapter 45? For what reason?
4. What is Dr. Frock's theory on the killer in the museum as he explains it to Pendergast in Chapter 29?
5. What does Smithback do in the subbasement in Chapter 54 that turns him into something like a hero?
6. What has George Kawakita done with the information about the indigenous plant packed with Whittlesey's artifacts? What is Kawakita's theory about the creature who terrorized the museum?
7. What changes does FBI Agent Coffey make to the murder investigation and the security plan for the Superstition Exhibition's opening night party?
8. What does Smithback learn about the cargo shipped from the Amazon by Whittlesey before his disappearance in Chapter 27? Why is this significant?
9. For what reason does Dr. Frock and Margo believe the creature kills?
10. Where does Margo instruct Pendergast to shoot the creature? For what reason?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss one of the following in detail. including examples from the novel:
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Callisto Effect. What is the Callisto Effect? Who developed it? What evidence is there to support such a theory? Why do other scientists deny the existence of the Callisto Effect? What evidence is there against the theory? How does the creature who was killing people in the Museum of Natural History appear to prove the Callisto Effect? How does it disprove the theory?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Whittlesey? What expedition did he go on? To where? What was the purpose of the expedition? Did Whittlesey find what he was looking for? What happened to the scientists involved in the expedition? Was this related to the relics crated and sent back to the museum? If so, explain. What is assumed was Dr. Whittllesey's fate? What did his journal say about the expedition? Was this helpful tot he murder investigation? What letter did Margo find in the crates related to the expedition? Was this letter helpful in learning about the nature of the creature? What item of Whittlesey's was found in the creature's lair? What conclusion did investigators come to when seeing this item? Is this conclusion correct?
This section contains 1,187 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)