|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people are expected for the Superstition Exhibition's opening night party?
(a) One hundred.
(b) Five thousand.
(c) Three thousand.
(d) Two hundred.
2. In Chapter 54, where do Margo, Dr. Frock, and Pendergast hope to trap the creature?
(a) In a locked store room.
(b) In the rising water of the subbasement.
(c) In an old jail cell in the basement of the museum.
(d) In the vault where Whittlesey's crates are stored.
3. Who has the honor of cutting the ribbon on the Superstition Exhibition in Chapter 44?
(a) Dr. Cuthbert.
(b) The governor.
(c) George Moriarty.
(d) The mayor.
4. In Chapter 58, Margo and Pendergast hear survivors in what room?
(a) Employee break room.
(b) Central Computer.
(c) Director's office.
(d) Security Command.
5. What amusing program does the computer programmer show the police officer guarding the computer room in Chapter 42?
(a) Multiplying bugs that eventually eat one another.
(b) Mummies exploring the words on the screen.
(c) Multiplying bugs that explode.
(d) Mummies multiplying and then exploding.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rickman tell Smithback about discussions with museum employees on museum grounds?
2. What happened to the shot that Pendergast got off on the killer in Chapter 46?
3. Why does Coffey order the SWAT team out of the museum in Chapter 56?
4. What item of Dr. Whittlesey's was found in the creature's lair?
5. Why does the guard in the computer room fire his weapon in Chapter 45?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the extrapolator program say about the DNA taken from the claw that was found inside the chest of one of the museum killer's victims?
2. What is the security set up in the museum? Why is it designed that way?
3. Why does Dr. Frock attempt to make all the party guests leave the museum in Chapter 43? Is he successful?
4. Who is Montague and what happened to him?
5. Why do Margo and Pendergast go into the secure area and take some of the packing material from Whittlesey's shipping crate in Chapter 52?
6. What changes does FBI Agent Coffey make to the murder investigation and the security plan for the Superstition Exhibition's opening night party?
7. What does Rickman want Smithback to sign in Chapter 35? Why does he agree to sign?
8. What happens to the lights in the museum? What other damage does this cause?
9. What is found inside the Superstition Exhibition that begins the panic? Who finds it?
10. Who remains stuck inside the Hall of the Heavens with D'Agosta?
This section contains 1,212 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)