|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 49, who leaves rather than tell the police what Dr. Frock and Margo said about the killer?
(a) George Moriarty.
(b) Officer Waters.
(c) Gregory Kawakita.
(d) William Smithback.
2. Why can Coffey's team not stop the descent of the security door in Chapter 46?
(a) The killer has taken over the controls.
(b) The electricity is down causing the doors to shut automatically.
(c) The main terminal is down, causing the doors to shut automatically.
(d) The security guard in charge of the doors has gone rogue.
3. In Chapter 62, what reason does Dr. Frock give for not being allowed to autopsy the creature?
(a) Margo refused to assist him.
(b) He cannot perform autopsies from his wheelchair.
(c) The FBI took the body away.
(d) The medical examiner refused to allow him to use the proper facilities.
4. In Chapter 51, Pendergast tells D'Agosta to aim at what part of the creature's body in hopes of killing it?
(a) The legs.
(b) The body, the chest or abdomen.
(c) The arms.
(d) The head.
5. In what city were the Whittlesey crates delayed en route to New York?
(a) New Orleans.
(d) Los Angeles.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 53, who helps D'Agosta lock a door against the creature?
2. Who helps Margo get into the secure area of the museum in Chapter 30?
3. From what city were the Whittlesey crates shipped from in 1988?
4. What does Margo find hidden in the lid of one of Whittlesey's crates in Chapter 30?
5. What is unusual about Moriarty's watch?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has George Kawakita done with the information about the indigenous plant packed with Whittlesey's artifacts? What is Kawakita's theory about the creature who terrorized the museum?
2. Why does Coffey instruct Bailey to take command of D'Agosta's group in Chapter 49?
3. What epiphany does Margo have in Chapter 37 that makes her decide to run the indigenous plants from the Whittlesey crates packing material through the extrapolator program?
4. How do Margo and Pendergast lure the creature to them a second time? What is Margo's role in this?
5. Where do Margo and Dr. Frock go in Chapter 45? For what reason?
6. Who remains stuck inside the Hall of the Heavens with D'Agosta?
7. What is the security set up in the museum? Why is it designed that way?
8. What happened to Pendergast's plan to lead D'Agosta and his group to safety? What does this event say about the possibility of rescue for this group?
9. What does Smithback learn about the cargo shipped from the Amazon by Whittlesey before his disappearance in Chapter 27? Why is this significant?
10. Why did Pendergast's initial shots against the creature fail to kill it?
This section contains 1,153 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)