|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city were the Whittlesey crates delayed en route to New York?
(b) New Orleans.
(c) Los Angeles.
2. How many people are expected for the Superstition Exhibition's opening night party?
(a) Five thousand.
(b) Two hundred.
(c) Three thousand.
(d) One hundred.
3. Why does the guard in the computer room fire his weapon in Chapter 45?
(b) He wants to shut down the electricity to stop the panic downstairs.
(c) He sees the creature.
(d) The computer tech wants to see how to fire a gun.
4. What are pheromonals?
(a) Hormones that regulate body function.
(b) A fancy word for perfume.
(c) Scent people excrete while in a state of excitement.
(d) Urine animals lay down to mark their territory.
5. In Chapter 51, Pendergast tells D'Agosta to aim at what part of the creature's body in hopes of killing it?
(a) The legs.
(b) The arms.
(c) The head.
(d) The body, the chest or abdomen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Smithback during the panic that takes place inside the Superstition Exhibition?
2. In Chapter 63, what is Kawakita making a living selling on the streets of New York?
3. What is the first problem with Coffey's decision to close all but one of the four gates around the Great Rotunda?
4. Who is Spencer Coffey?
5. How is Ippolito killed in Chapter 48?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who directs D'Agosta's party out of the Hall of the Heavens? Which members of the group refuse to go?
2. Why do Margo and Pendergast go into the secure area and take some of the packing material from Whittlesey's shipping crate in Chapter 52?
3. What is the security set up in the museum? Why is it designed that way?
4. What does Smithback do in the subbasement in Chapter 54 that turns him into something like a hero?
5. Who is Montague and what happened to him?
6. Why does Coffey instruct Bailey to take command of D'Agosta's group in Chapter 49?
7. How do Margo and Pendergast lure the creature to them a second time? What is Margo's role in this?
8. What does Rickman want Smithback to sign in Chapter 35? Why does he agree to sign?
9. What epiphany does Margo have in Chapter 37 that makes her decide to run the indigenous plants from the Whittlesey crates packing material through the extrapolator program?
10. Why did Pendergast's initial shots against the creature fail to kill it?
This section contains 1,214 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)