|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Ippolito killed in Chapter 48?
(a) A panicked party goer knifes him.
(b) The killer grabs him as he attempts to walk through the Superstition Exhibition.
(c) The killer murders him as he attempts to check the safety of the stairwell.
(d) He falls down the stairs.
2. What politician did Dr. Wright go to college with as revealed in Chapter 34?
(a) The Senator from New York.
(b) The head of the FBI.
(c) The Governor of New York.
(d) The President of the United States.
3. What does Margo find hidden in the lid of one of Whittlesey's crates in Chapter 30?
(a) A decorated disc.
(b) A shaman's rattle.
(c) A letter.
(d) A journal.
4. In Chapter 60, where does Pendergast first shoot the creature?
(a) The head.
(b) The shoulder.
(c) The back leg.
(d) The foreleg.
5. In Chapter 53, who helps D'Agosta lock a door against the creature?
(b) The mayor.
(d) The governor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the shot that Pendergast got off on the killer in Chapter 46?
2. In Chapter 50, what does Pendergast tell Dr. Frock the killer looks like?
3. According to Whittlesey's journal, why did Maxwell and the others decide to return to New York?
4. How many people are expected for the Superstition Exhibition's opening night party?
5. In Chapter 62, whose body's does Pendergast reveal were found in the creature's lair?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do D'Agosta and Smithback get their group out of the rising flood waters in the subbasement tunnels? What do they find on the otherside?
2. What does Rickman want Smithback to sign in Chapter 35? Why does he agree to sign?
3. Why does Dr. Frock want to see the crates from the Whittlesey Expedition again?
4. Why does Coffey instruct Bailey to take command of D'Agosta's group in Chapter 49?
5. What is Dr. Frock's theory on the killer in the museum as he explains it to Pendergast in Chapter 29?
6. What is found inside the Superstition Exhibition that begins the panic? Who finds it?
7. What happens to the lights in the museum? What other damage does this cause?
8. What do Margo, Smithback, and Moriarty learn about the Whittlesey Expedition by reading the accession database in Chapter 28?
9. What does Margo find in the crates? What does she take?
10. Where does Margo instruct Pendergast to shoot the creature? For what reason?
This section contains 1,171 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)