|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many security doors closed when the computer system malfunctioned?
(a) Only the one on the front entrance.
(b) Two out of five sections.
(c) Three out of five sections.
(d) All of them.
2. In Chapter 62, how many toes does Dr. Frock point out the creature had?
3. What does D'Agosta tell Coffey is his reason for leaving the Hall of the Heavens in Chapter 49?
(a) The mayor ordered them out.
(b) Another security gate threatened to block them in the Superstition Exhibition.
(c) A monster attacked Ippolito.
(d) A panicked party goer is threatening their lives.
4. What amusing program does the computer programmer show the police officer guarding the computer room in Chapter 42?
(a) Multiplying bugs that eventually eat one another.
(b) Mummies multiplying and then exploding.
(c) Multiplying bugs that explode.
(d) Mummies exploring the words on the screen.
5. According to Whittlesey's journal, what was the old native woman upset about?
(a) Whittlesey stole the last of her food.
(b) Whittlesey took the devil, Mbwun, in his crate.
(c) Whittlesey ruined the flowerbeds outside her hut.
(d) Whittlesey killed her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 62, whose body's does Pendergast reveal were found in the creature's lair?
2. Why does Smithback claim he likes the Museum of Natural History's library carrels in Chapter 27?
3. In Chapter 53, what happens to Bailey?
4. In Chapter 63, who does Kawakita believe the creature really was?
5. What evidence does Pendergast present that the killer is eating the hypothalamus gland of his victims?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Margo and Pendergast lure the creature to them a second time? What is Margo's role in this?
2. Who is Montague and what happened to him?
3. Why does Coffey instruct Bailey to take command of D'Agosta's group in Chapter 49?
4. What is found inside the Superstition Exhibition that begins the panic? Who finds it?
5. What does Smithback learn about the cargo shipped from the Amazon by Whittlesey before his disappearance in Chapter 27? Why is this significant?
6. What does the extrapolator program say about the DNA taken from the claw that was found inside the chest of one of the museum killer's victims?
7. What has George Kawakita done with the information about the indigenous plant packed with Whittlesey's artifacts? What is Kawakita's theory about the creature who terrorized the museum?
8. What is Wright's major concern as he waits for rescue in his fourth floor office? What does this say about his character?
9. What contract does Smithback show off four weeks after the creature is killed? With whom does Smithback promise to share any proceeds from the contract?
10. Why does Dr. Frock attempt to make all the party guests leave the museum in Chapter 43? Is he successful?
This section contains 1,239 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)