|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 63, who does Kawakita believe the creature really was?
2. In Chapter 57, what stops the forward motion of the group led by D'Agosta?
(a) A wall of water held back by a glass door.
(b) A drop in the corridor that is impossible to navigate safely.
(c) A dead end.
(d) A wall of debris.
3. What politician did Dr. Wright go to college with as revealed in Chapter 34?
(a) The Governor of New York.
(b) The head of the FBI.
(c) The President of the United States.
(d) The Senator from New York.
4. In Chapter 62, for what reason is the plant, posthumously named Liliceae mbwunensis, thought to be extinct?
(a) The creature ate all samples of the plant.
(b) The government napalmed the tepui and are mining there.
(c) The plants brought to the museum died.
(d) The FBI ordered the destruction of the plant, including what might remain on the tepui.
5. What damage does the gun fire in the computer room do that affects the entire museum?
(a) Takes out the main accession data base.
(b) Takes out the central switching system, shutting of the power.
(c) Takes out the main terminal, shutting down the computer system.
(d) Takes out the back up tapes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 58, Margo and Pendergast hear survivors in what room?
2. In Chapter 58, Margo and Pendergast attempt to find a long, straight corridor to confront the creature for what reason?
3. How many cells is the Museum of Natural History divided into by security gates?
4. What did the Kothoga do to receive the gift of the Mbwun from the devil?
5. Who has the Whittlesey journal?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who directs D'Agosta's party out of the Hall of the Heavens? Which members of the group refuse to go?
2. Why does Dr. Frock want to see the crates from the Whittlesey Expedition again?
3. Why do Margo and Pendergast go into the secure area and take some of the packing material from Whittlesey's shipping crate in Chapter 52?
4. What epiphany does Margo have in Chapter 37 that makes her decide to run the indigenous plants from the Whittlesey crates packing material through the extrapolator program?
5. What happens to the lights in the museum? What other damage does this cause?
6. Where does Margo instruct Pendergast to shoot the creature? For what reason?
7. What does the extrapolator program say about the DNA taken from the claw that was found inside the chest of one of the museum killer's victims?
8. Why does Dr. Frock attempt to make all the party guests leave the museum in Chapter 43? Is he successful?
9. For what reason does Dr. Frock and Margo believe the creature kills?
10. What does Rickman want Smithback to sign in Chapter 35? Why does he agree to sign?
This section contains 1,166 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)