|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What material do Margo and Smithback learn Whittlesey used to pack is crates?
(a) Kothoga healing herbs.
(b) Indigenous plants.
(c) Styrofoam peanuts.
(d) Flowers sold by street vendors.
2. What damage does the gun fire in the computer room do that affects the entire museum?
(a) Takes out the back up tapes.
(b) Takes out the main accession data base.
(c) Takes out the main terminal, shutting down the computer system.
(d) Takes out the central switching system, shutting of the power.
3. What are pheromonals?
(a) Hormones that regulate body function.
(b) A fancy word for perfume.
(c) Urine animals lay down to mark their territory.
(d) Scent people excrete while in a state of excitement.
4. What does D'Agosta tell Coffey is his reason for leaving the Hall of the Heavens in Chapter 49?
(a) The mayor ordered them out.
(b) A monster attacked Ippolito.
(c) Another security gate threatened to block them in the Superstition Exhibition.
(d) A panicked party goer is threatening their lives.
5. In what city were the Whittlesey crates delayed en route to New York?
(a) New Orleans.
(b) Los Angeles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rickman tell Smithback about discussions with museum employees on museum grounds?
2. What reasons does Pendergast give that the killer is human?
3. In Chapter 58, Margo and Pendergast hear survivors in what room?
4. In Chapter 54, how does Pendergast stop the creature from attacking he, Margo,and Dr. Frock?
5. How long did it take the Whittlesey crates to get from the Amazon to the Museum?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Pendergast's plan to lead D'Agosta and his group to safety? What does this event say about the possibility of rescue for this group?
2. What is Wright's major concern as he waits for rescue in his fourth floor office? What does this say about his character?
3. Who remains stuck inside the Hall of the Heavens with D'Agosta?
4. Why does Dr. Frock want to see the crates from the Whittlesey Expedition again?
5. What does the extrapolator program say about the DNA taken from the claw that was found inside the chest of one of the museum killer's victims?
6. Where does Margo instruct Pendergast to shoot the creature? For what reason?
7. What is Dr. Frock's theory on the killer in the museum as he explains it to Pendergast in Chapter 29?
8. How do D'Agosta and Smithback get their group out of the rising flood waters in the subbasement tunnels? What do they find on the otherside?
9. Who is Montague and what happened to him?
10. What does Smithback learn about the cargo shipped from the Amazon by Whittlesey before his disappearance in Chapter 27? Why is this significant?
This section contains 1,217 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)