|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kothoga mean?
(a) Shadow people.
(b) Devil's children.
(c) Animal people.
(d) Death men.
2. What strange scent does Ven smell in the warehouse?
(a) A dead mouse smell.
(b) A flowery perfume.
(c) A spicy cologne.
(d) A goat-like smell.
3. Who finds being locked in the break room of the museum in Chapter 4 outrageous?
(a) Dr. Green.
(b) Dr. Freed.
(c) Dr. Prine.
(d) Dr. Kawakita.
4. What DNA other than human is found to exist inside the claw found in the chest of one of the young victims of the museum killer?
(a) African Gecko.
(b) North American Gecko.
(c) Turkish Gecko.
(d) Australian Gecko.
5. Why does Margo accompany Dr. Frock into the basement in Chapter 17?
(a) To visit with Dr. Cuthbert.
(b) To visit with Mrs. Rickman.
(c) To visit with Pendergast.
(d) To visit with D'Agosta.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Margo to run from the exhibit hall in Chapter 20?
2. Where were the red-haired child and his older brother, Billy, supposed to meet their parents after visiting the Museum of Natural History?
3. Who has control over the content of William Smithback's writing at the Museum of Natural History?
4. What is significant about the Mbwun figure?
5. What is an herbarium?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Dr. Whittlesey doing as the novel begins? Why is this important?
2. What does Margo smell in the Superstition Exhibit hall that frightens her? Where has the reader heard of this scent previously in the novel?
3. What does the medical examiner tell D'Agosta about the missing part of the victim's brain and what it does inside the human body?
4. What happened to the rest of Whittlesey's team?
5. What is odd about the DNA sample the lab tech examines in Chapter 17?
6. What does Pendergast require of Dr. Wright in order to begin a successful investigation into the murders in the museum?
7. What does Pendergast show Dr. Frock in Chapter 18? What is Dr. Frock's reaction?
8. What does Smithback ask Kawakita to help him with in Chapter 25? Why does Kawakita refuse?
9. Why is the local bar, The Blarney Stone Tavern, near the museum referred to as The Bones by museum employees?
10. What does the director of the museum tell the press after the murder of two children in the museum?
This section contains 1,048 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)