|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mbwun mean?
(a) Devil's child.
(b) Shadow man.
(c) He Who Walks on all Fours.
(d) He Who Runs on Two.
2. How many claws does the Mbwun figurine have on its front legs?
3. How much force does the coroner's office suggest it would require to create the lacerations on the security guard's body in one stroke?
(a) The average strength of a human male.
(b) The average strength of a human female.
(c) Four times what a human male can achieve.
(d) Twice what a human male can achieve.
4. What region of the brain is missing from the security guard autopsied in Chapter 23?
(a) Right hemisphere.
(b) Brain stem.
(c) Pituitary gland.
(d) Thalamoid region.
5. What is an outgroup in DNA analysis?
(a) The control or known DNA type.
(b) The DNA being examined.
(c) The species with which the DNA is most likely to match.
(d) A group of unknown DNA to be compared to the sample being analyzed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has caused the cargo for the museum to be delayed?
2. What meal does D'Agosta wish he did not have before attending the autopsy of the two children found dead in the museum?
3. What relative of Margo's died in the weeks before the opening of the main plot of the novel?
4. Who is Callisto?
5. What is a dissertation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What leads Pendergast to suggest the killer of the security guard in Chapter 14 was intent on getting inside the secure area where extremely important and delicate objects are kept within the museum?
2. What is a ballistics analysis and why does Pendergast suggest one be done on the blood at the crime scene in Chapter 14?
3. What does the director of the museum tell the press after the murder of two children in the museum?
4. What is the Mbwun figure? What happened when it was added to the Superstition Exhibit?
5. What does Pendergast require of Dr. Wright in order to begin a successful investigation into the murders in the museum?
6. What is Dr. Frock's main complaint about Dr. Cuthbert's new exhibit at the Museum of Natural History?
7. What is a scientific expedition?
8. What is odd about the DNA sample the lab tech examines in Chapter 17?
9. What happened to the rest of Whittlesey's team?
10. How does Margo end up in the Superstition Exhibit hall in Chapter 20?
This section contains 1,024 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)