|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the guard at the Superstition Exhibit hall door turn Margo away in Chapter 20?
(a) The exhibit is sealed until the opening night party.
(b) The exhibit is under construction.
(c) The exhibit is not in her scientific specialty.
(d) The exhibit is too dangerous to allow anyone to walk through.
2. Who is Vincent D'Agosta?
(a) The director of the museum.
(b) An assistant curator.
(c) The police detective in charge.
(d) A writer working on a book about the museum.
3. Who is Ippolito?
(a) Head of the homicide division of the New York City Police Department.
(b) Head of Public Relations for the museum.
(c) Head of the New York office of the FBI.
(d) Head of Security for the museum.
4. Where were the red-haired child and his older brother, Billy, supposed to meet their parents after visiting the Museum of Natural History?
(a) At home.
(b) The gift shop.
(c) The front steps.
(d) At grandmother's.
5. What delays the help Beauregard calls for in Chapter 22?
(a) It is a joke.
(b) No one believes him.
(c) Everyone is busy.
(d) The curfew has sent everyone home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kothoga mean?
2. Who do D'Agosta and Pendergast wait to see in the opening paragraphs of Chapter 16?
3. Who is Callisto?
4. What does G.S.E. stand for?
5. Who does Margo call after leaving the Superstition Exhibit in Chapter 21?
Short Essay Questions
1. What connection between the killer and the Mbwun figurine does Margo make in Chapter 25?
2. What is the Mbwun figure? What happened when it was added to the Superstition Exhibit?
3. What is a ballistics analysis and why does Pendergast suggest one be done on the blood at the crime scene in Chapter 14?
4. What are the three conditions Rickman gave to Smithback in the writing of his book in Chapter 13?
5. What effect is the murder investigation having on the Museum of Natural History's visitors and staff?
6. What is Dr. Whittlesey doing as the novel begins? Why is this important?
7. What does the director of the museum tell the press after the murder of two children in the museum?
8. What happened to the rest of Whittlesey's team?
9. What do the scientists at the independent lab tell Pendergast and D'Agosta in Chapter 23 about the DNA sample taken from the claw found in the chest of one of the victims?
10. What does Smithback ask Kawakita to help him with in Chapter 25? Why does Kawakita refuse?
This section contains 1,070 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)