|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the commander of the SWAT team tell Coffey is his priority once inside the museum?
(a) Restoring power to the museum.
(b) Removing the dead.
(c) Rescuing the survivors.
(d) Killing the creature.
2. What does Maxwell find on September 15 that Whittlesey remarks about in his journal?
(a) Indigenous plants with unique self defense mechanism.
(b) Indigenous plants with modern morphology.
(c) Indigenous plants with ancient morphology.
(d) Indigenous plant with pretty flowers.
3. In Chapter 54, where do Margo, Dr. Frock, and Pendergast hope to trap the creature?
(a) In a locked store room.
(b) In the vault where Whittlesey's crates are stored.
(c) In the rising water of the subbasement.
(d) In an old jail cell in the basement of the museum.
4. Why has D'Agosta posted a guard in the computer room in Chapter 42?
(a) There were earlier complaints of strange noises.
(b) To keep the killer from shutting down power to the museum.
(c) There were threats against the computer system earlier.
(d) To keep the killer from hijacking the computer system.
5. How many security doors closed when the computer system malfunctioned?
(a) All of them.
(b) Only the one on the front entrance.
(c) Three out of five sections.
(d) Two out of five sections.
6. Why can Coffey's team not stop the descent of the security door in Chapter 46?
(a) The killer has taken over the controls.
(b) The electricity is down causing the doors to shut automatically.
(c) The main terminal is down, causing the doors to shut automatically.
(d) The security guard in charge of the doors has gone rogue.
7. For what did Pendergast have Dr. Frock search the accession database?
(a) More crates related to the Whittlesey expedition.
(b) Artifacts the killer might be interested in.
(c) Artifacts similar to the claw used in the murders.
(d) Artifacts they might use against the killer.
8. Who has the Whittlesey journal?
9. Where does Pendergast shoot the killer in Chapter 46?
(a) The shoulder.
(b) The belly.
(c) The head.
(d) The leg.
10. What does D'Agosta tell Coffey is his reason for leaving the Hall of the Heavens in Chapter 49?
(a) A monster attacked Ippolito.
(b) The mayor ordered them out.
(c) Another security gate threatened to block them in the Superstition Exhibition.
(d) A panicked party goer is threatening their lives.
11. In Chapter 49, who leaves rather than tell the police what Dr. Frock and Margo said about the killer?
(a) George Moriarty.
(b) Gregory Kawakita.
(c) Officer Waters.
(d) William Smithback.
12. What does Rickman tell Smithback about discussions with museum employees on museum grounds?
(a) Smithback is encouraged to talk only to employees involved in the Superstition Exhibit.
(b) Smithback is not to talk to any employees about museum matters without prior written authorization.
(c) Smithback is encouraged to speak to anyone and everyone he thinks will be helpful.
(d) Smithback is to leave museum property and not speak to anyone involved with the museum.
13. Who helps Margo get into the secure area of the museum in Chapter 30?
(b) Dr. Frock.
(c) George Moriarty.
14. From what city were the Whittlesey crates shipped from in 1988?
(a) London, England.
(b) Los Angeles, California.
(c) Belem, Brazil.
(d) Paris, France.
15. What does Smithback see in Rickman's desk drawer that prompts him to sign the provisions?
(a) An illegally obtained artifact.
(b) A dismissal contract.
(c) A gun.
(d) Whittlesey's journal.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Smithback manage to get into the library archives?
2. What happened to the crew of the Strella de Venezuela?
3. What politician did Dr. Wright go to college with as revealed in Chapter 34?
4. What is unusual about Moriarty's watch?
5. What item of Dr. Whittlesey's was found in the creature's lair?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)