|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 53, who helps D'Agosta lock a door against the creature?
(a) The governor.
(d) The mayor.
2. In Chapter 62, whose body's does Pendergast reveal were found in the creature's lair?
(a) Dr. Wright and Mrs. Rickman.
(b) Dr. Whittlesey and several homeless people.
(c) Moriarty and Cuthbert.
(d) Moriarty and several homeless people.
3. In Chapter 54, how does Pendergast stop the creature from attacking he, Margo,and Dr. Frock?
(a) Shoots the creature in the belly.
(b) Locks the door.
(c) Shoots the creature in the leg.
(d) Shines light in the creature's eyes.
4. Who has the honor of cutting the ribbon on the Superstition Exhibition in Chapter 44?
(a) Dr. Cuthbert.
(b) George Moriarty.
(c) The mayor.
(d) The governor.
5. What politician did Dr. Wright go to college with as revealed in Chapter 34?
(a) The Senator from New York.
(b) The head of the FBI.
(c) The Governor of New York.
(d) The President of the United States.
6. In Chapter 62, what reason does Dr. Frock give for not being allowed to autopsy the creature?
(a) The FBI took the body away.
(b) Margo refused to assist him.
(c) He cannot perform autopsies from his wheelchair.
(d) The medical examiner refused to allow him to use the proper facilities.
7. Why does the guard in the computer room fire his weapon in Chapter 45?
(a) The computer tech wants to see how to fire a gun.
(c) He sees the creature.
(d) He wants to shut down the electricity to stop the panic downstairs.
8. What weapon does Dr.Wright produce from an office drawer in Chapter 51?
(a) A Smith and Wesson .45.
(b) A Ruger .357 magnum.
(c) A shotgun.
(d) A Colt .35.
9. What does Maxwell find on September 15 that Whittlesey remarks about in his journal?
(a) Indigenous plants with modern morphology.
(b) Indigenous plant with pretty flowers.
(c) Indigenous plants with unique self defense mechanism.
(d) Indigenous plants with ancient morphology.
10. What is Cerro Gordo?
(a) The tepui that was the ultimate destination of the Whittlesey Expedition.
(b) The name of an artifact found in the Amazon by the Whittlesey Expedition.
(c) The name of Whittlesey's guide on his expedition.
(d) The tribesmen who guided the Whittlesey Expedition into the forest of the Amazon.
11. Where does Pendergast shoot the killer in Chapter 46?
(a) The belly.
(b) The shoulder.
(c) The leg.
(d) The head.
12. What does Smithback see in Rickman's desk drawer that prompts him to sign the provisions?
(a) A dismissal contract.
(b) A gun.
(c) Whittlesey's journal.
(d) An illegally obtained artifact.
13. According to Whittlesey's journal, what was the old native woman upset about?
(a) Whittlesey took the devil, Mbwun, in his crate.
(b) Whittlesey killed her husband.
(c) Whittlesey stole the last of her food.
(d) Whittlesey ruined the flowerbeds outside her hut.
14. According to Whittlesey's journal, why did Maxwell and the others decide to return to New York?
(a) They miss their families.
(b) They do not think there is anything else to find.
(c) They are sick and frightened.
(d) They want to take their finds home to study them.
15. Why does Frock think Dr. Wright wants to go on with the Superstition party despite the murders?
(b) To tempt the killer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Smithback manage to get into the library archives?
2. In Chapter 61, how much does D'Agosta pay a passerby to call the fire department in order to rescue him and his group?
3. What is unusual about Moriarty's watch?
4. What evidence does Pendergast present that the killer is eating the hypothalamus gland of his victims?
5. In Chapter 51, Pendergast tells D'Agosta to aim at what part of the creature's body in hopes of killing it?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)