|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 51, D'Agosta finds what impediment between him and escape from the creature?
(a) Water flooding the subbasement.
(b) The group of survivors.
(c) Locked doors.
2. What politician did Dr. Wright go to college with as revealed in Chapter 34?
(a) The Governor of New York.
(b) The President of the United States.
(c) The head of the FBI.
(d) The Senator from New York.
3. In Chapter 54, how does Pendergast stop the creature from attacking he, Margo,and Dr. Frock?
(a) Locks the door.
(b) Shoots the creature in the belly.
(c) Shoots the creature in the leg.
(d) Shines light in the creature's eyes.
4. What does D'Agosta want to do as the guests arrive that Coffey overrules in Chapter 42?
(a) Search for poisoned appetizers.
(b) Search for dead bodies.
(c) Search for the killer.
(d) Search for weapons.
5. What did the Kothoga do to receive the gift of the Mbwun from the devil?
(a) Kill and eat their children.
(b) Kill and eat their enemies.
(c) Kill and eat a rival tribe.
(d) Kill and eat mercenaries.
6. What does Cuthbert say to the creature in Chapter 56?
(a) 'Don't hurt me.'
(b) 'I can help you.'
(c) 'You can't kill me.'
(d) 'Go away.'
7. In Chapter 58, Margo and Pendergast attempt to find a long, straight corridor to confront the creature for what reason?
(a) So they can stop the creature's forward locomotion.
(b) So they might have more time to kill the creature.
(c) So they can see it run.
(d) So they can study it before it attacks.
8. Where does Pendergast shoot the killer in Chapter 46?
(a) The belly.
(b) The shoulder.
(c) The head.
(d) The leg.
9. What does the commander of the SWAT team tell Coffey is his priority once inside the museum?
(a) Restoring power to the museum.
(b) Removing the dead.
(c) Killing the creature.
(d) Rescuing the survivors.
10. In Chapter 53, who helps D'Agosta lock a door against the creature?
(b) The governor.
(d) The mayor.
11. For what did Pendergast have Dr. Frock search the accession database?
(a) More crates related to the Whittlesey expedition.
(b) Artifacts similar to the claw used in the murders.
(c) Artifacts they might use against the killer.
(d) Artifacts the killer might be interested in.
12. What does Margo find hidden in the lid of one of Whittlesey's crates in Chapter 30?
(a) A journal.
(b) A shaman's rattle.
(c) A decorated disc.
(d) A letter.
13. Who does Dr. Frock turn to to ask for help in clearing out the party in Chapter 43?
(a) Dr. Wright.
(b) Gregory Kawakita.
(c) Spenser Coffey.
(d) William Smithback.
14. In Chapter 63, who does Kawakita believe the creature really was?
15. Who asks Margo to lunch in Chapter 28?
(a) William Smithback.
(b) Dr. Frock.
(c) George Moriarty.
(d) Gregory Kawakita.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the museum curator who began the curating of the Whittlesey crates in 1988?
2. Who has the honor of cutting the ribbon on the Superstition Exhibition in Chapter 44?
3. Why does Frock think Dr. Wright wants to go on with the Superstition party despite the murders?
4. What causes panic in the stairwell as D'Agosta attempts to lead a group of survivors into the basement of the museum in Chapter 51?
5. What damage does the gun fire in the computer room do that affects the entire museum?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)