|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Rickman give for changing the way in which Smithback is allowed to gather information for his manuscript?
(a) He is unreliable.
(b) He is unprofessional.
(c) He is interfering in the daily work at the museum.
(d) He is intrusive.
2. For what reason does Dr. Wright suggest the killer will not go after he, Cuthbert, and Rickman in his fourth floor office?
(a) It will not kill while the police are outside.
(b) It will go after easy prey, the group in the subbasement.
(c) It will go after easy prey, the injured outside the museum.
(d) It will not kill after so recently having fed.
3. What did the Kothoga do to receive the gift of the Mbwun from the devil?
(a) Kill and eat a rival tribe.
(b) Kill and eat their children.
(c) Kill and eat their enemies.
(d) Kill and eat mercenaries.
4. In Chapter 58, Margo and Pendergast attempt to find a long, straight corridor to confront the creature for what reason?
(a) So they can stop the creature's forward locomotion.
(b) So they might have more time to kill the creature.
(c) So they can see it run.
(d) So they can study it before it attacks.
5. In Chapter 62, whose body's does Pendergast reveal were found in the creature's lair?
(a) Dr. Wright and Mrs. Rickman.
(b) Moriarty and Cuthbert.
(c) Dr. Whittlesey and several homeless people.
(d) Moriarty and several homeless people.
6. In Chapter 62, what reason does Dr. Frock give for not being allowed to autopsy the creature?
(a) He cannot perform autopsies from his wheelchair.
(b) Margo refused to assist him.
(c) The medical examiner refused to allow him to use the proper facilities.
(d) The FBI took the body away.
7. What does Rickman tell Smithback about notes taken during interviews in Chapter 35?
(a) Smithback is instructed to take detailed notes, but to have them approved by Rickman.
(b) Smithback is forbidden to take notes during interviews.
(c) Smithback is encouraged to hire a stenographer to take accurate notes of interviews.
(d) Smithback is forbidden to tape record interviews by can take handwritten notes.
8. How long did it take the Whittlesey crates to get from the Amazon to the Museum?
(a) Two and a half years.
(b) Two months.
(c) Three years.
(d) Four years.
9. To whom does Coffey speak to in chapter 52 in an effort to force D'Agosta to move everyone back into the Hall of the Heavens?
(b) The mayor.
(c) Officer Bailey.
(d) The governor.
10. In Chapter 61, how much does D'Agosta pay a passerby to call the fire department in order to rescue him and his group?
(a) One hundred bucks.
(b) Eighty bucks.
(c) Fifty bucks.
(d) Twenty-five bucks.
11. What amusing program does the computer programmer show the police officer guarding the computer room in Chapter 42?
(a) Multiplying bugs that eventually eat one another.
(b) Multiplying bugs that explode.
(c) Mummies multiplying and then exploding.
(d) Mummies exploring the words on the screen.
12. What does the commander of the SWAT team tell Coffey is his priority once inside the museum?
(a) Rescuing the survivors.
(b) Removing the dead.
(c) Restoring power to the museum.
(d) Killing the creature.
13. In Chapter 49, who leaves rather than tell the police what Dr. Frock and Margo said about the killer?
(a) George Moriarty.
(b) William Smithback.
(c) Gregory Kawakita.
(d) Officer Waters.
14. What politician did Dr. Wright go to college with as revealed in Chapter 34?
(a) The Senator from New York.
(b) The Governor of New York.
(c) The President of the United States.
(d) The head of the FBI.
15. How is Ippolito killed in Chapter 48?
(a) He falls down the stairs.
(b) The killer murders him as he attempts to check the safety of the stairwell.
(c) A panicked party goer knifes him.
(d) The killer grabs him as he attempts to walk through the Superstition Exhibition.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 62, to what rank is it revealed that D'Agosta was promoted to?
2. Where is Smithback during the panic that takes place inside the Superstition Exhibition?
3. In Chapter 53, what happens to Bailey?
4. What does Margo find hidden in the lid of one of Whittlesey's crates in Chapter 30?
5. What does the old woman, according to Whittlesey's journal, warn will happen if Whittlesey takes Mbwun home with him?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)