|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Whittlesey expedition take place?
(a) Upper Xingu River System.
(b) Caqueta region.
(c) Guaviare plain.
(d) Kalahari Desert.
2. What politician did Dr. Wright go to college with as revealed in Chapter 34?
(a) The head of the FBI.
(b) The President of the United States.
(c) The Governor of New York.
(d) The Senator from New York.
3. To whom does Pendergast give credit for killing the creature in Chapter 61?
(a) The creature itself.
(d) Dr. Frock.
4. What weapon does Dr.Wright produce from an office drawer in Chapter 51?
(a) A Smith and Wesson .45.
(b) A Ruger .357 magnum.
(c) A Colt .35.
(d) A shotgun.
5. What are pheromonals?
(a) A fancy word for perfume.
(b) Hormones that regulate body function.
(c) Scent people excrete while in a state of excitement.
(d) Urine animals lay down to mark their territory.
6. To whom does Coffey speak to in chapter 52 in an effort to force D'Agosta to move everyone back into the Hall of the Heavens?
(a) The governor.
(b) Officer Bailey.
(c) The mayor.
7. What does Cuthbert say to the creature in Chapter 56?
(a) 'You can't kill me.'
(b) 'I can help you.'
(c) 'Don't hurt me.'
(d) 'Go away.'
8. Who helps Margo get into the secure area of the museum in Chapter 30?
(a) Dr. Frock.
(b) George Moriarty.
9. What does the old woman, according to Whittlesey's journal, warn will happen if Whittlesey takes Mbwun home with him?
(a) He will bring death on his people.
(b) He will live a long and productive life, but those around him will die.
(c) He will die a terrible death.
(d) He will be a slave to the devil.
10. In Chapter 62, how many toes does Dr. Frock point out the creature had?
11. Where is Smithback during the panic that takes place inside the Superstition Exhibition?
(a) Hiding behind a police officer.
(b) In Margo's office.
(c) In the exhibit.
(d) Under the d'oeuvres table.
12. Where do Margo and Dr. Frock hide from the creature in Chapter 47?
(a) Behind a locked door.
(b) In a stairwell.
(c) Inside the secure area.
(d) With Pendergast in a store room.
13. According to Whittlesey's journal, what was the old native woman upset about?
(a) Whittlesey took the devil, Mbwun, in his crate.
(b) Whittlesey stole the last of her food.
(c) Whittlesey ruined the flowerbeds outside her hut.
(d) Whittlesey killed her husband.
14. Who is Spencer Coffey?
(a) The new FBI agent in charge.
(b) The CIA agent in charge.
(c) The New York Police Lieutenant in charge.
(d) The new director of the museum.
15. In Chapter 63, what is Kawakita making a living selling on the streets of New York?
(d) The plant, Liliceae mbwunensis.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 61, how much does D'Agosta pay a passerby to call the fire department in order to rescue him and his group?
2. In Chapter 62, what reason does Dr. Frock give for not being allowed to autopsy the creature?
3. Who does Dr. Frock turn to to ask for help in clearing out the party in Chapter 43?
4. How many cells is the Museum of Natural History divided into by security gates?
5. What reasons does Pendergast give that the killer is human?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)