|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Spencer Coffey?
(a) The CIA agent in charge.
(b) The New York Police Lieutenant in charge.
(c) The new FBI agent in charge.
(d) The new director of the museum.
2. In Chapter 61, how much does D'Agosta pay a passerby to call the fire department in order to rescue him and his group?
(a) Twenty-five bucks.
(b) Fifty bucks.
(c) Eighty bucks.
(d) One hundred bucks.
3. What does Maxwell find on September 15 that Whittlesey remarks about in his journal?
(a) Indigenous plants with unique self defense mechanism.
(b) Indigenous plants with ancient morphology.
(c) Indigenous plants with modern morphology.
(d) Indigenous plant with pretty flowers.
4. What are pheromonals?
(a) A fancy word for perfume.
(b) Urine animals lay down to mark their territory.
(c) Scent people excrete while in a state of excitement.
(d) Hormones that regulate body function.
5. In Chapter 62, whose body's does Pendergast reveal were found in the creature's lair?
(a) Moriarty and Cuthbert.
(b) Moriarty and several homeless people.
(c) Dr. Whittlesey and several homeless people.
(d) Dr. Wright and Mrs. Rickman.
6. How long did it take the Whittlesey crates to get from the Amazon to the Museum?
(a) Two and a half years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Two months.
(d) Four years.
7. In Chapter 57, what stops the forward motion of the group led by D'Agosta?
(a) A drop in the corridor that is impossible to navigate safely.
(b) A dead end.
(c) A wall of water held back by a glass door.
(d) A wall of debris.
8. How does Moriarty recover the information on the removal of Whittlesey's journal?
(a) By tracing the initials on the original record.
(b) By accessing the backup tapes on the computer system.
(c) By calling security.
(d) By accessing the accession database.
9. What ability does Pendergast believe the creature has that will prevent them from finding safety from the creature?
(a) It can open doors and it knows passages hidden to them.
(b) It can open doors and slip through the security gates.
(c) It can slip through the secuity gates and ooze through vents.
(d) It can hypnotize people into submission.
10. Where do Margo and Dr. Frock hide from the creature in Chapter 47?
(a) In a stairwell.
(b) Behind a locked door.
(c) Inside the secure area.
(d) With Pendergast in a store room.
11. Why has D'Agosta posted a guard in the computer room in Chapter 42?
(a) There were earlier complaints of strange noises.
(b) To keep the killer from hijacking the computer system.
(c) To keep the killer from shutting down power to the museum.
(d) There were threats against the computer system earlier.
12. Where did the Whittlesey expedition take place?
(a) Upper Xingu River System.
(b) Guaviare plain.
(c) Caqueta region.
(d) Kalahari Desert.
13. How many cells is the Museum of Natural History divided into by security gates?
14. According to Whittlesey's journal, why did Maxwell and the others decide to return to New York?
(a) They miss their families.
(b) They are sick and frightened.
(c) They want to take their finds home to study them.
(d) They do not think there is anything else to find.
15. Why can Coffey's team not stop the descent of the security door in Chapter 46?
(a) The electricity is down causing the doors to shut automatically.
(b) The security guard in charge of the doors has gone rogue.
(c) The killer has taken over the controls.
(d) The main terminal is down, causing the doors to shut automatically.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the shot that Pendergast got off on the killer in Chapter 46?
2. What does Smithback see in the room he and D'Agosta's group enters in Chapter 60?
3. Who has the honor of cutting the ribbon on the Superstition Exhibition in Chapter 44?
4. In Chapter 62, who does Pendergast suggest was the creature's first victim in the museum?
5. What is Pendergast searching for in the basement level of the museum in Chapter 46?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)