|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rickman tell Smithback about discussions with museum employees on museum grounds?
(a) Smithback is to leave museum property and not speak to anyone involved with the museum.
(b) Smithback is encouraged to talk only to employees involved in the Superstition Exhibit.
(c) Smithback is not to talk to any employees about museum matters without prior written authorization.
(d) Smithback is encouraged to speak to anyone and everyone he thinks will be helpful.
2. What are pheromonals?
(a) Hormones that regulate body function.
(b) Urine animals lay down to mark their territory.
(c) Scent people excrete while in a state of excitement.
(d) A fancy word for perfume.
3. In Chapter 51, Pendergast tells D'Agosta to aim at what part of the creature's body in hopes of killing it?
(a) The legs.
(b) The body, the chest or abdomen.
(c) The arms.
(d) The head.
4. In Chapter 60, where does Pendergast first shoot the creature?
(a) The foreleg.
(b) The shoulder.
(c) The head.
(d) The back leg.
5. Why does Coffey order the SWAT team out of the museum in Chapter 56?
(a) He has rescued Dr. Cuthbert and he decides that is enough.
(b) He hears a group of them being killed by the creature.
(c) He wants to regroup and try again later.
(d) He decides on a better tactic.
6. What is Cerro Gordo?
(a) The name of an artifact found in the Amazon by the Whittlesey Expedition.
(b) The tepui that was the ultimate destination of the Whittlesey Expedition.
(c) The name of Whittlesey's guide on his expedition.
(d) The tribesmen who guided the Whittlesey Expedition into the forest of the Amazon.
7. To whom does Coffey speak to in chapter 52 in an effort to force D'Agosta to move everyone back into the Hall of the Heavens?
(a) The governor.
(b) The mayor.
(c) Officer Bailey.
8. Who has the Whittlesey journal?
9. Why can Coffey's team not stop the descent of the security door in Chapter 46?
(a) The killer has taken over the controls.
(b) The electricity is down causing the doors to shut automatically.
(c) The security guard in charge of the doors has gone rogue.
(d) The main terminal is down, causing the doors to shut automatically.
10. What method did Pendergast's wife once use to kill a buffalo charging she and her husband while hunting?
(a) Stop forward locomotion.
(b) Kill line of sight.
(c) Kill shot to the heart.
(d) Kill shot to the head.
11. What material do Margo and Smithback learn Whittlesey used to pack is crates?
(a) Styrofoam peanuts.
(b) Indigenous plants.
(c) Flowers sold by street vendors.
(d) Kothoga healing herbs.
12. What is Pendergast searching for in the basement level of the museum in Chapter 46?
(a) Unique artifacts.
(b) A way out.
(c) The killer.
(d) Old passageways.
13. What is the name of the museum curator who began the curating of the Whittlesey crates in 1988?
(a) Edward Maxwell.
(b) Mike Thompson.
(c) Gregory Kawakita.
(d) Hugo Montague.
14. In Chapter 62, how many toes does Dr. Frock point out the creature had?
15. How does Moriarty recover the information on the removal of Whittlesey's journal?
(a) By accessing the backup tapes on the computer system.
(b) By accessing the accession database.
(c) By calling security.
(d) By tracing the initials on the original record.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has the honor of cutting the ribbon on the Superstition Exhibition in Chapter 44?
2. In Chapter 53, who helps D'Agosta lock a door against the creature?
3. What is unusual about Moriarty's watch?
4. In Chapter 63, what is Kawakita making a living selling on the streets of New York?
5. Where do Margo and Dr. Frock hide from the creature in Chapter 47?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)