|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many security doors closed when the computer system malfunctioned?
(a) All of them.
(b) Two out of five sections.
(c) Three out of five sections.
(d) Only the one on the front entrance.
2. What is Pendergast searching for in the basement level of the museum in Chapter 46?
(a) Unique artifacts.
(b) Old passageways.
(c) A way out.
(d) The killer.
3. Who asks Margo to lunch in Chapter 28?
(a) George Moriarty.
(b) Gregory Kawakita.
(c) William Smithback.
(d) Dr. Frock.
4. In Chapter 50, what does Pendergast tell Dr. Frock the killer looks like?
(a) Dr. Whittlesey.
(b) A Kothogan tribesman.
(c) The Mbwun figure.
(d) A dinosaur.
5. How many people are expected for the Superstition Exhibition's opening night party?
(a) One hundred.
(b) Two hundred.
(c) Five thousand.
(d) Three thousand.
6. How does Moriarty recover the information on the removal of Whittlesey's journal?
(a) By accessing the backup tapes on the computer system.
(b) By accessing the accession database.
(c) By calling security.
(d) By tracing the initials on the original record.
7. In Chapter 54, how does Pendergast stop the creature from attacking he, Margo,and Dr. Frock?
(a) Locks the door.
(b) Shoots the creature in the belly.
(c) Shines light in the creature's eyes.
(d) Shoots the creature in the leg.
8. How many cells is the Museum of Natural History divided into by security gates?
9. In Chapter 62, who does Pendergast suggest was the creature's first victim in the museum?
(a) The two young boys.
(d) A security guard.
10. What politician did Dr. Wright go to college with as revealed in Chapter 34?
(a) The Senator from New York.
(b) The head of the FBI.
(c) The President of the United States.
(d) The Governor of New York.
11. What does D'Agosta tell Coffey is his reason for leaving the Hall of the Heavens in Chapter 49?
(a) A monster attacked Ippolito.
(b) A panicked party goer is threatening their lives.
(c) Another security gate threatened to block them in the Superstition Exhibition.
(d) The mayor ordered them out.
12. How did the Whittlesey Expedition get to the upper reaches of the Xingu as described in Whittlesey's journal?
(a) On foot.
(c) By boat.
13. How does Rickman change the way interviews will be conducted by Smithback for his manuscript?
(a) He must conduct interviews in Rickman's presence.
(b) He must conduct interviews with only approved employees.
(c) He must conduct interviews in the director's presence.
(d) He must conduct interviews on museum property.
14. What weapon does Dr.Wright produce from an office drawer in Chapter 51?
(a) A shotgun.
(b) A Ruger .357 magnum.
(c) A Smith and Wesson .45.
(d) A Colt .35.
15. What item of Dr. Whittlesey's was found in the creature's lair?
(a) A wedding ring.
(b) His eyeglasses.
(c) A necklace of his family crest.
(d) His watch.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 58, Margo and Pendergast attempt to find a long, straight corridor to confront the creature for what reason?
2. In Chapter 63, what is Kawakita making a living selling on the streets of New York?
3. How does Smithback manage to get into the library archives?
4. Why does George Moriarty remain late in his office in Chapter 33?
5. What is the first problem with Coffey's decision to close all but one of the four gates around the Great Rotunda?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)