|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes panic in the stairwell as D'Agosta attempts to lead a group of survivors into the basement of the museum in Chapter 51?
(a) D'Agosta fires his pistol at a distraught guest.
(b) Smithback tells the story of the museum beast.
(c) Officer Bailey fires his shotgun at the creature.
(d) A guest mistakes another guest for the creature.
2. For what did Pendergast have Dr. Frock search the accession database?
(a) More crates related to the Whittlesey expedition.
(b) Artifacts the killer might be interested in.
(c) Artifacts similar to the claw used in the murders.
(d) Artifacts they might use against the killer.
3. How long did it take the Whittlesey crates to get from the Amazon to the Museum?
(a) Three years.
(b) Two months.
(c) Four years.
(d) Two and a half years.
4. Where does Pendergast shoot the killer in Chapter 46?
(a) The leg.
(b) The shoulder.
(c) The head.
(d) The belly.
5. What method did Pendergast's wife once use to kill a buffalo charging she and her husband while hunting?
(a) Kill shot to the heart.
(b) Kill shot to the head.
(c) Stop forward locomotion.
(d) Kill line of sight.
6. How many people are expected for the Superstition Exhibition's opening night party?
(a) One hundred.
(b) Two hundred.
(c) Five thousand.
(d) Three thousand.
7. What does Smithback see in Rickman's desk drawer that prompts him to sign the provisions?
(a) A gun.
(b) Whittlesey's journal.
(c) An illegally obtained artifact.
(d) A dismissal contract.
8. Why does Smithback claim he likes the Museum of Natural History's library carrels in Chapter 27?
(a) They are cozy and promote conversation.
(b) They are big and roomy.
(c) He can spread out the many books he uses for research.
(d) He can hide, study stolen documents, or sleep.
9. What item of Dr. Whittlesey's was found in the creature's lair?
(a) A necklace of his family crest.
(b) A wedding ring.
(c) His watch.
(d) His eyeglasses.
10. What does D'Agosta want to do as the guests arrive that Coffey overrules in Chapter 42?
(a) Search for dead bodies.
(b) Search for the killer.
(c) Search for poisoned appetizers.
(d) Search for weapons.
11. In Chapter 63, who does Kawakita believe the creature really was?
12. Who is Spencer Coffey?
(a) The new director of the museum.
(b) The CIA agent in charge.
(c) The new FBI agent in charge.
(d) The New York Police Lieutenant in charge.
13. What ability does Pendergast believe the creature has that will prevent them from finding safety from the creature?
(a) It can open doors and slip through the security gates.
(b) It can slip through the secuity gates and ooze through vents.
(c) It can open doors and it knows passages hidden to them.
(d) It can hypnotize people into submission.
14. Why does George Moriarty remain late in his office in Chapter 33?
(a) He is working on last minute classifications for the exhibit.
(b) He is trapped by noises in a closet that he thinks might be the killer.
(c) He is reading an interesting article on ancient religions.
(d) He is trying to compose a email to Margo to ask her out.
15. Why can Coffey's team not stop the descent of the security door in Chapter 46?
(a) The electricity is down causing the doors to shut automatically.
(b) The killer has taken over the controls.
(c) The main terminal is down, causing the doors to shut automatically.
(d) The security guard in charge of the doors has gone rogue.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 54, where do Margo, Dr. Frock, and Pendergast hope to trap the creature?
2. Where do Margo and Dr. Frock hide from the creature in Chapter 47?
3. What damage does the gun fire in the computer room do that affects the entire museum?
4. To whom does Coffey speak to in chapter 52 in an effort to force D'Agosta to move everyone back into the Hall of the Heavens?
5. What does Rickman tell Smithback about notes taken during interviews in Chapter 35?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)