|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cuthbert say to the creature in Chapter 56?
(a) 'I can help you.'
(b) 'Don't hurt me.'
(c) 'Go away.'
(d) 'You can't kill me.'
2. Why does Coffey order the SWAT team out of the museum in Chapter 56?
(a) He decides on a better tactic.
(b) He hears a group of them being killed by the creature.
(c) He wants to regroup and try again later.
(d) He has rescued Dr. Cuthbert and he decides that is enough.
3. Why does George Moriarty remain late in his office in Chapter 33?
(a) He is reading an interesting article on ancient religions.
(b) He is trying to compose a email to Margo to ask her out.
(c) He is working on last minute classifications for the exhibit.
(d) He is trapped by noises in a closet that he thinks might be the killer.
4. In Chapter 63, what is Kawakita making a living selling on the streets of New York?
(a) The plant, Liliceae mbwunensis.
5. In Chapter 58, Margo and Pendergast hear survivors in what room?
(a) Central Computer.
(b) Security Command.
(c) Employee break room.
(d) Director's office.
6. How does Rickman change the way interviews will be conducted by Smithback for his manuscript?
(a) He must conduct interviews on museum property.
(b) He must conduct interviews with only approved employees.
(c) He must conduct interviews in the director's presence.
(d) He must conduct interviews in Rickman's presence.
7. How is Ippolito killed in Chapter 48?
(a) The killer grabs him as he attempts to walk through the Superstition Exhibition.
(b) He falls down the stairs.
(c) The killer murders him as he attempts to check the safety of the stairwell.
(d) A panicked party goer knifes him.
8. In Chapter 60, where does Pendergast first shoot the creature?
(a) The foreleg.
(b) The head.
(c) The shoulder.
(d) The back leg.
9. For what reason does Dr. Wright suggest the killer will not go after he, Cuthbert, and Rickman in his fourth floor office?
(a) It will not kill while the police are outside.
(b) It will go after easy prey, the injured outside the museum.
(c) It will go after easy prey, the group in the subbasement.
(d) It will not kill after so recently having fed.
10. In Chapter 62, what reason does Dr. Frock give for not being allowed to autopsy the creature?
(a) He cannot perform autopsies from his wheelchair.
(b) The FBI took the body away.
(c) The medical examiner refused to allow him to use the proper facilities.
(d) Margo refused to assist him.
11. What amusing program does the computer programmer show the police officer guarding the computer room in Chapter 42?
(a) Multiplying bugs that explode.
(b) Mummies multiplying and then exploding.
(c) Multiplying bugs that eventually eat one another.
(d) Mummies exploring the words on the screen.
12. Where did the Whittlesey expedition take place?
(a) Guaviare plain.
(b) Caqueta region.
(c) Kalahari Desert.
(d) Upper Xingu River System.
13. Where does Pendergast shoot the killer in Chapter 46?
(a) The head.
(b) The shoulder.
(c) The belly.
(d) The leg.
14. In Chapter 49, who leaves rather than tell the police what Dr. Frock and Margo said about the killer?
(a) William Smithback.
(b) Gregory Kawakita.
(c) George Moriarty.
(d) Officer Waters.
15. What are pheromonals?
(a) Urine animals lay down to mark their territory.
(b) Scent people excrete while in a state of excitement.
(c) A fancy word for perfume.
(d) Hormones that regulate body function.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item of Dr. Whittlesey's was found in the creature's lair?
2. What does Margo find hidden in the lid of one of Whittlesey's crates in Chapter 30?
3. How long did it take the Whittlesey crates to get from the Amazon to the Museum?
4. What reasons does Pendergast give that the killer is human?
5. In Chapter 61, how much does D'Agosta pay a passerby to call the fire department in order to rescue him and his group?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)