|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Coffey speak to in chapter 52 in an effort to force D'Agosta to move everyone back into the Hall of the Heavens?
(b) The mayor.
(c) Officer Bailey.
(d) The governor.
2. Why does George Moriarty remain late in his office in Chapter 33?
(a) He is working on last minute classifications for the exhibit.
(b) He is trying to compose a email to Margo to ask her out.
(c) He is trapped by noises in a closet that he thinks might be the killer.
(d) He is reading an interesting article on ancient religions.
3. What is unusual about Moriarty's watch?
(a) It is a gift from the mayor of New York.
(b) It is a Rolex.
(c) It is a pocket watch.
(d) It is a sundial.
4. What is Pendergast searching for in the basement level of the museum in Chapter 46?
(a) Unique artifacts.
(b) The killer.
(c) A way out.
(d) Old passageways.
5. What reasons does Pendergast give that the killer is human?
(a) The microscopic evidence left at the scene.
(b) The location of the killings.
(c) The intelligence with which the killer kills.
(d) The precision with which the killer removes the hypothalamus.
6. What damage does the gun fire in the computer room do that affects the entire museum?
(a) Takes out the back up tapes.
(b) Takes out the main accession data base.
(c) Takes out the main terminal, shutting down the computer system.
(d) Takes out the central switching system, shutting of the power.
7. How long did it take the Whittlesey crates to get from the Amazon to the Museum?
(a) Two and a half years.
(b) Four years.
(c) Two months.
(d) Three years.
8. In Chapter 62, for what reason is the plant, posthumously named Liliceae mbwunensis, thought to be extinct?
(a) The creature ate all samples of the plant.
(b) The plants brought to the museum died.
(c) The government napalmed the tepui and are mining there.
(d) The FBI ordered the destruction of the plant, including what might remain on the tepui.
9. What does Rickman tell Smithback about notes taken during interviews in Chapter 35?
(a) Smithback is forbidden to tape record interviews by can take handwritten notes.
(b) Smithback is instructed to take detailed notes, but to have them approved by Rickman.
(c) Smithback is forbidden to take notes during interviews.
(d) Smithback is encouraged to hire a stenographer to take accurate notes of interviews.
10. In Chapter 62, who does Pendergast suggest was the creature's first victim in the museum?
(a) The two young boys.
(c) A security guard.
11. What method did Pendergast's wife once use to kill a buffalo charging she and her husband while hunting?
(a) Stop forward locomotion.
(b) Kill shot to the head.
(c) Kill line of sight.
(d) Kill shot to the heart.
12. Why has D'Agosta posted a guard in the computer room in Chapter 42?
(a) There were earlier complaints of strange noises.
(b) There were threats against the computer system earlier.
(c) To keep the killer from shutting down power to the museum.
(d) To keep the killer from hijacking the computer system.
13. In Chapter 51, Pendergast tells D'Agosta to aim at what part of the creature's body in hopes of killing it?
(a) The head.
(b) The legs.
(c) The body, the chest or abdomen.
(d) The arms.
14. In Chapter 53, what happens to Bailey?
(a) He tries to kill the mayor and is killed by D'Agosta.
(b) He panicks and returns to the Hall of the Heavens.
(c) He tries to overtake D'Agosta and is killed.
(d) He is attacked by the creature.
15. In Chapter 51, D'Agosta finds what impediment between him and escape from the creature?
(b) Locked doors.
(c) Water flooding the subbasement.
(d) The group of survivors.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Margo tell Pendergast she and Dr. Frock believe the creature has lived in the museum?
2. Who has the Whittlesey journal?
3. What first alerts Pendergast that the killer has come into the corridor with him?
4. In Chapter 57, what stops the forward motion of the group led by D'Agosta?
5. In Chapter 58, Margo and Pendergast attempt to find a long, straight corridor to confront the creature for what reason?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)