|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Smithback see in the room he and D'Agosta's group enters in Chapter 60?
(a) The creature.
(b) Old artifacts.
(c) Bones and dead bodies.
(d) Clothing and jewelry taken from the dead.
2. In Chapter 62, how many toes does Dr. Frock point out the creature had?
3. What first alerts Pendergast that the killer has come into the corridor with him?
(a) A shape.
(b) A smell.
(c) A noise.
(d) A sound.
4. What weapon does Dr.Wright produce from an office drawer in Chapter 51?
(a) A Smith and Wesson .45.
(b) A Ruger .357 magnum.
(c) A shotgun.
(d) A Colt .35.
5. How long did it take the Whittlesey crates to get from the Amazon to the Museum?
(a) Two and a half years.
(b) Two months.
(c) Four years.
(d) Three years.
6. In Chapter 60, where does Pendergast first shoot the creature?
(a) The head.
(b) The shoulder.
(c) The foreleg.
(d) The back leg.
7. What does Maxwell find on September 15 that Whittlesey remarks about in his journal?
(a) Indigenous plants with modern morphology.
(b) Indigenous plant with pretty flowers.
(c) Indigenous plants with unique self defense mechanism.
(d) Indigenous plants with ancient morphology.
8. In Chapter 51, D'Agosta finds what impediment between him and escape from the creature?
(a) The group of survivors.
(b) Water flooding the subbasement.
(c) Locked doors.
9. Who does Dr. Frock turn to to ask for help in clearing out the party in Chapter 43?
(a) William Smithback.
(b) Gregory Kawakita.
(c) Dr. Wright.
(d) Spenser Coffey.
10. In Chapter 63, what is Kawakita making a living selling on the streets of New York?
(a) The plant, Liliceae mbwunensis.
11. What is Cerro Gordo?
(a) The tribesmen who guided the Whittlesey Expedition into the forest of the Amazon.
(b) The name of Whittlesey's guide on his expedition.
(c) The name of an artifact found in the Amazon by the Whittlesey Expedition.
(d) The tepui that was the ultimate destination of the Whittlesey Expedition.
12. In what city were the Whittlesey crates delayed en route to New York?
(a) Los Angeles.
(d) New Orleans.
13. In Chapter 54, how does Pendergast stop the creature from attacking he, Margo,and Dr. Frock?
(a) Locks the door.
(b) Shoots the creature in the belly.
(c) Shines light in the creature's eyes.
(d) Shoots the creature in the leg.
14. What is the first problem with Coffey's decision to close all but one of the four gates around the Great Rotunda?
(a) The killer will be trapped in the area with the party goers.
(b) Fire codes restrict having only one entrance and exit.
(c) Too many people will overrun the small area too quickly.
(d) The security gates will block access to restrooms.
15. How does Rickman change the way interviews will be conducted by Smithback for his manuscript?
(a) He must conduct interviews with only approved employees.
(b) He must conduct interviews in Rickman's presence.
(c) He must conduct interviews in the director's presence.
(d) He must conduct interviews on museum property.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 63, who does Kawakita believe the creature really was?
2. Who helps Margo get into the secure area of the museum in Chapter 30?
3. In Chapter 62, whose body's does Pendergast reveal were found in the creature's lair?
4. What evidence does Pendergast present that the killer is eating the hypothalamus gland of his victims?
5. Why has D'Agosta posted a guard in the computer room in Chapter 42?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)