|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ability does Pendergast believe the creature has that will prevent them from finding safety from the creature?
(a) It can hypnotize people into submission.
(b) It can slip through the secuity gates and ooze through vents.
(c) It can open doors and slip through the security gates.
(d) It can open doors and it knows passages hidden to them.
2. In Chapter 60, where does Pendergast first shoot the creature?
(a) The shoulder.
(b) The head.
(c) The foreleg.
(d) The back leg.
3. To whom does Coffey speak to in chapter 52 in an effort to force D'Agosta to move everyone back into the Hall of the Heavens?
(b) The mayor.
(c) Officer Bailey.
(d) The governor.
4. What causes panic in the stairwell as D'Agosta attempts to lead a group of survivors into the basement of the museum in Chapter 51?
(a) A guest mistakes another guest for the creature.
(b) Smithback tells the story of the museum beast.
(c) D'Agosta fires his pistol at a distraught guest.
(d) Officer Bailey fires his shotgun at the creature.
5. Who helps Margo get into the secure area of the museum in Chapter 30?
(b) Dr. Frock.
(d) George Moriarty.
6. In Chapter 57, what stops the forward motion of the group led by D'Agosta?
(a) A wall of water held back by a glass door.
(b) A wall of debris.
(c) A dead end.
(d) A drop in the corridor that is impossible to navigate safely.
7. Why does Frock think Dr. Wright wants to go on with the Superstition party despite the murders?
(c) To tempt the killer.
8. In what city were the Whittlesey crates delayed en route to New York?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) New Orleans.
9. Who does Dr. Frock turn to to ask for help in clearing out the party in Chapter 43?
(a) Gregory Kawakita.
(b) Spenser Coffey.
(c) Dr. Wright.
(d) William Smithback.
10. What does Smithback see in Rickman's desk drawer that prompts him to sign the provisions?
(a) A gun.
(b) A dismissal contract.
(c) Whittlesey's journal.
(d) An illegally obtained artifact.
11. Who asks Margo to lunch in Chapter 28?
(a) William Smithback.
(b) George Moriarty.
(c) Gregory Kawakita.
(d) Dr. Frock.
12. What is Cerro Gordo?
(a) The tepui that was the ultimate destination of the Whittlesey Expedition.
(b) The name of an artifact found in the Amazon by the Whittlesey Expedition.
(c) The tribesmen who guided the Whittlesey Expedition into the forest of the Amazon.
(d) The name of Whittlesey's guide on his expedition.
13. Who has the Whittlesey journal?
14. In Chapter 54, how does Pendergast stop the creature from attacking he, Margo,and Dr. Frock?
(a) Shoots the creature in the belly.
(b) Shines light in the creature's eyes.
(c) Locks the door.
(d) Shoots the creature in the leg.
15. Who is Spencer Coffey?
(a) The New York Police Lieutenant in charge.
(b) The CIA agent in charge.
(c) The new FBI agent in charge.
(d) The new director of the museum.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the shot that Pendergast got off on the killer in Chapter 46?
2. What does Margo find hidden in the lid of one of Whittlesey's crates in Chapter 30?
3. How does Moriarty recover the information on the removal of Whittlesey's journal?
4. What does Smithback see in the room he and D'Agosta's group enters in Chapter 60?
5. In Chapter 62, how many toes does Dr. Frock point out the creature had?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)