|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what did Pendergast have Dr. Frock search the accession database?
(a) Artifacts the killer might be interested in.
(b) Artifacts similar to the claw used in the murders.
(c) Artifacts they might use against the killer.
(d) More crates related to the Whittlesey expedition.
2. What method did Pendergast's wife once use to kill a buffalo charging she and her husband while hunting?
(a) Kill shot to the heart.
(b) Kill line of sight.
(c) Stop forward locomotion.
(d) Kill shot to the head.
3. What amusing program does the computer programmer show the police officer guarding the computer room in Chapter 42?
(a) Mummies exploring the words on the screen.
(b) Multiplying bugs that explode.
(c) Multiplying bugs that eventually eat one another.
(d) Mummies multiplying and then exploding.
4. What are pheromonals?
(a) Hormones that regulate body function.
(b) A fancy word for perfume.
(c) Scent people excrete while in a state of excitement.
(d) Urine animals lay down to mark their territory.
5. How is Ippolito killed in Chapter 48?
(a) He falls down the stairs.
(b) The killer grabs him as he attempts to walk through the Superstition Exhibition.
(c) The killer murders him as he attempts to check the safety of the stairwell.
(d) A panicked party goer knifes him.
6. Who asks Margo to lunch in Chapter 28?
(a) Dr. Frock.
(b) Gregory Kawakita.
(c) William Smithback.
(d) George Moriarty.
7. Why does Frock think Dr. Wright wants to go on with the Superstition party despite the murders?
(a) To tempt the killer.
8. What does the commander of the SWAT team tell Coffey is his priority once inside the museum?
(a) Removing the dead.
(b) Killing the creature.
(c) Restoring power to the museum.
(d) Rescuing the survivors.
9. What politician did Dr. Wright go to college with as revealed in Chapter 34?
(a) The head of the FBI.
(b) The Governor of New York.
(c) The Senator from New York.
(d) The President of the United States.
10. What does the old woman, according to Whittlesey's journal, warn will happen if Whittlesey takes Mbwun home with him?
(a) He will live a long and productive life, but those around him will die.
(b) He will bring death on his people.
(c) He will be a slave to the devil.
(d) He will die a terrible death.
11. In Chapter 62, for what reason is the plant, posthumously named Liliceae mbwunensis, thought to be extinct?
(a) The plants brought to the museum died.
(b) The government napalmed the tepui and are mining there.
(c) The FBI ordered the destruction of the plant, including what might remain on the tepui.
(d) The creature ate all samples of the plant.
12. In Chapter 63, who does Kawakita believe the creature really was?
13. In Chapter 58, Margo and Pendergast hear survivors in what room?
(a) Central Computer.
(b) Security Command.
(c) Employee break room.
(d) Director's office.
14. In Chapter 54, where do Margo, Dr. Frock, and Pendergast hope to trap the creature?
(a) In a locked store room.
(b) In the vault where Whittlesey's crates are stored.
(c) In an old jail cell in the basement of the museum.
(d) In the rising water of the subbasement.
15. What ability does Pendergast believe the creature has that will prevent them from finding safety from the creature?
(a) It can slip through the secuity gates and ooze through vents.
(b) It can open doors and it knows passages hidden to them.
(c) It can open doors and slip through the security gates.
(d) It can hypnotize people into submission.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Smithback see in the room he and D'Agosta's group enters in Chapter 60?
2. What evidence does Pendergast present that the killer is eating the hypothalamus gland of his victims?
3. How does Moriarty recover the information on the removal of Whittlesey's journal?
4. To whom does Coffey speak to in chapter 52 in an effort to force D'Agosta to move everyone back into the Hall of the Heavens?
5. Why does George Moriarty remain late in his office in Chapter 33?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)