|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 54, how does Pendergast stop the creature from attacking he, Margo,and Dr. Frock?
(a) Shines light in the creature's eyes.
(b) Shoots the creature in the leg.
(c) Locks the door.
(d) Shoots the creature in the belly.
2. What does Cuthbert say to the creature in Chapter 56?
(a) 'I can help you.'
(b) 'You can't kill me.'
(c) 'Go away.'
(d) 'Don't hurt me.'
3. In what city were the Whittlesey crates delayed en route to New York?
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) New Orleans.
4. What material do Margo and Smithback learn Whittlesey used to pack is crates?
(a) Flowers sold by street vendors.
(b) Kothoga healing herbs.
(c) Styrofoam peanuts.
(d) Indigenous plants.
5. What item of Dr. Whittlesey's was found in the creature's lair?
(a) His watch.
(b) A necklace of his family crest.
(c) A wedding ring.
(d) His eyeglasses.
6. What happened to the shot that Pendergast got off on the killer in Chapter 46?
(a) It bounced off the killer's skull.
(b) It went wild.
(c) It went into a window beside the killer.
(d) It went into the killer's leg.
7. Who asks Margo to lunch in Chapter 28?
(a) George Moriarty.
(b) Gregory Kawakita.
(c) Dr. Frock.
(d) William Smithback.
8. What evidence does Pendergast present that the killer is eating the hypothalamus gland of his victims?
(a) The missing gland.
(b) Salt and pepper on the other parts of the brain.
(c) Bite marks and saliva.
(d) Bite marks and oral blood.
9. What method did Pendergast's wife once use to kill a buffalo charging she and her husband while hunting?
(a) Kill line of sight.
(b) Kill shot to the head.
(c) Stop forward locomotion.
(d) Kill shot to the heart.
10. What does Smithback see in Rickman's desk drawer that prompts him to sign the provisions?
(a) A dismissal contract.
(b) A gun.
(c) An illegally obtained artifact.
(d) Whittlesey's journal.
11. Where do Margo and Dr. Frock hide from the creature in Chapter 47?
(a) Behind a locked door.
(b) Inside the secure area.
(c) With Pendergast in a store room.
(d) In a stairwell.
12. What is the name of the museum curator who began the curating of the Whittlesey crates in 1988?
(a) Mike Thompson.
(b) Edward Maxwell.
(c) Gregory Kawakita.
(d) Hugo Montague.
13. How does Moriarty recover the information on the removal of Whittlesey's journal?
(a) By accessing the accession database.
(b) By accessing the backup tapes on the computer system.
(c) By tracing the initials on the original record.
(d) By calling security.
14. What does Rickman tell Smithback about discussions with museum employees on museum grounds?
(a) Smithback is not to talk to any employees about museum matters without prior written authorization.
(b) Smithback is to leave museum property and not speak to anyone involved with the museum.
(c) Smithback is encouraged to talk only to employees involved in the Superstition Exhibit.
(d) Smithback is encouraged to speak to anyone and everyone he thinks will be helpful.
15. What is the first problem with Coffey's decision to close all but one of the four gates around the Great Rotunda?
(a) The killer will be trapped in the area with the party goers.
(b) Fire codes restrict having only one entrance and exit.
(c) Too many people will overrun the small area too quickly.
(d) The security gates will block access to restrooms.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 49, who leaves rather than tell the police what Dr. Frock and Margo said about the killer?
2. Who does Dr. Frock turn to to ask for help in clearing out the party in Chapter 43?
3. What does Margo find hidden in the lid of one of Whittlesey's crates in Chapter 30?
4. In Chapter 50, what does Pendergast tell Dr. Frock the killer looks like?
5. From what city were the Whittlesey crates shipped from in 1988?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)