|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the shot that Pendergast got off on the killer in Chapter 46?
(a) It bounced off the killer's skull.
(b) It went wild.
(c) It went into the killer's leg.
(d) It went into a window beside the killer.
2. Why can Coffey's team not stop the descent of the security door in Chapter 46?
(a) The security guard in charge of the doors has gone rogue.
(b) The electricity is down causing the doors to shut automatically.
(c) The main terminal is down, causing the doors to shut automatically.
(d) The killer has taken over the controls.
3. In Chapter 62, to what rank is it revealed that D'Agosta was promoted to?
4. In Chapter 53, what happens to Bailey?
(a) He panicks and returns to the Hall of the Heavens.
(b) He is attacked by the creature.
(c) He tries to overtake D'Agosta and is killed.
(d) He tries to kill the mayor and is killed by D'Agosta.
5. How long does Margo tell Pendergast she and Dr. Frock believe the creature has lived in the museum?
(a) A short time, only a matter of days.
(b) A long time, possibly five years.
(c) A short time, only a few weeks.
(d) A long time, possibly since the museum was rebuilt in 1911.
6. What item of Dr. Whittlesey's was found in the creature's lair?
(a) A necklace of his family crest.
(b) A wedding ring.
(c) His watch.
(d) His eyeglasses.
7. In Chapter 62, for what reason is the plant, posthumously named Liliceae mbwunensis, thought to be extinct?
(a) The creature ate all samples of the plant.
(b) The plants brought to the museum died.
(c) The government napalmed the tepui and are mining there.
(d) The FBI ordered the destruction of the plant, including what might remain on the tepui.
8. In Chapter 61, how much does D'Agosta pay a passerby to call the fire department in order to rescue him and his group?
(a) Eighty bucks.
(b) Twenty-five bucks.
(c) Fifty bucks.
(d) One hundred bucks.
9. What does the commander of the SWAT team tell Coffey is his priority once inside the museum?
(a) Rescuing the survivors.
(b) Killing the creature.
(c) Removing the dead.
(d) Restoring power to the museum.
10. What does Margo find hidden in the lid of one of Whittlesey's crates in Chapter 30?
(a) A journal.
(b) A shaman's rattle.
(c) A letter.
(d) A decorated disc.
11. In Chapter 53, who helps D'Agosta lock a door against the creature?
(b) The mayor.
(d) The governor.
12. How does Smithback manage to get into the library archives?
(a) He pretends to be a reporter from Times.
(b) He flirts with the young, pretty librarian.
(c) He pretends to be a librarian from the science library.
(d) He gets a pass from Dr. Wright.
13. Where does Pendergast shoot the killer in Chapter 46?
(a) The shoulder.
(b) The head.
(c) The leg.
(d) The belly.
14. What is the name of the museum curator who began the curating of the Whittlesey crates in 1988?
(a) Edward Maxwell.
(b) Hugo Montague.
(c) Mike Thompson.
(d) Gregory Kawakita.
15. In Chapter 49, who leaves rather than tell the police what Dr. Frock and Margo said about the killer?
(a) William Smithback.
(b) Officer Waters.
(c) George Moriarty.
(d) Gregory Kawakita.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Smithback see in Rickman's desk drawer that prompts him to sign the provisions?
2. What causes panic in the stairwell as D'Agosta attempts to lead a group of survivors into the basement of the museum in Chapter 51?
3. According to Whittlesey's journal, what was the old native woman upset about?
4. What does the old woman, according to Whittlesey's journal, warn will happen if Whittlesey takes Mbwun home with him?
5. In Chapter 54, where do Margo, Dr. Frock, and Pendergast hope to trap the creature?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)