|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the guard in the computer room fire his weapon in Chapter 45?
(a) He wants to shut down the electricity to stop the panic downstairs.
(c) He sees the creature.
(d) The computer tech wants to see how to fire a gun.
2. How did the Whittlesey Expedition get to the upper reaches of the Xingu as described in Whittlesey's journal?
(b) On foot.
(c) By boat.
3. Where did the Whittlesey expedition take place?
(a) Upper Xingu River System.
(b) Caqueta region.
(c) Guaviare plain.
(d) Kalahari Desert.
4. In Chapter 62, what reason does Dr. Frock give for not being allowed to autopsy the creature?
(a) He cannot perform autopsies from his wheelchair.
(b) Margo refused to assist him.
(c) The medical examiner refused to allow him to use the proper facilities.
(d) The FBI took the body away.
5. What does D'Agosta tell Coffey is his reason for leaving the Hall of the Heavens in Chapter 49?
(a) The mayor ordered them out.
(b) A panicked party goer is threatening their lives.
(c) A monster attacked Ippolito.
(d) Another security gate threatened to block them in the Superstition Exhibition.
6. What amusing program does the computer programmer show the police officer guarding the computer room in Chapter 42?
(a) Mummies multiplying and then exploding.
(b) Mummies exploring the words on the screen.
(c) Multiplying bugs that eventually eat one another.
(d) Multiplying bugs that explode.
7. What happened to the shot that Pendergast got off on the killer in Chapter 46?
(a) It bounced off the killer's skull.
(b) It went into the killer's leg.
(c) It went wild.
(d) It went into a window beside the killer.
8. What damage does the gun fire in the computer room do that affects the entire museum?
(a) Takes out the central switching system, shutting of the power.
(b) Takes out the main terminal, shutting down the computer system.
(c) Takes out the back up tapes.
(d) Takes out the main accession data base.
9. How does Moriarty recover the information on the removal of Whittlesey's journal?
(a) By accessing the accession database.
(b) By tracing the initials on the original record.
(c) By accessing the backup tapes on the computer system.
(d) By calling security.
10. Why can Coffey's team not stop the descent of the security door in Chapter 46?
(a) The electricity is down causing the doors to shut automatically.
(b) The main terminal is down, causing the doors to shut automatically.
(c) The killer has taken over the controls.
(d) The security guard in charge of the doors has gone rogue.
11. Why has D'Agosta posted a guard in the computer room in Chapter 42?
(a) There were threats against the computer system earlier.
(b) To keep the killer from shutting down power to the museum.
(c) To keep the killer from hijacking the computer system.
(d) There were earlier complaints of strange noises.
12. In Chapter 49, who leaves rather than tell the police what Dr. Frock and Margo said about the killer?
(a) Gregory Kawakita.
(b) Officer Waters.
(c) George Moriarty.
(d) William Smithback.
13. Why does Frock think Dr. Wright wants to go on with the Superstition party despite the murders?
(a) To tempt the killer.
14. What does D'Agosta want to do as the guests arrive that Coffey overrules in Chapter 42?
(a) Search for dead bodies.
(b) Search for poisoned appetizers.
(c) Search for the killer.
(d) Search for weapons.
15. Who has the honor of cutting the ribbon on the Superstition Exhibition in Chapter 44?
(a) George Moriarty.
(b) Dr. Cuthbert.
(c) The governor.
(d) The mayor.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Whittlesey's journal, why did Maxwell and the others decide to return to New York?
2. What weapon does Dr.Wright produce from an office drawer in Chapter 51?
3. In Chapter 63, what is Kawakita making a living selling on the streets of New York?
4. In Chapter 50, what does Pendergast tell Dr. Frock the killer looks like?
5. For what reason does Dr. Wright suggest the killer will not go after he, Cuthbert, and Rickman in his fourth floor office?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)