|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has D'Agosta posted a guard in the computer room in Chapter 42?
(a) To keep the killer from shutting down power to the museum.
(b) There were threats against the computer system earlier.
(c) There were earlier complaints of strange noises.
(d) To keep the killer from hijacking the computer system.
2. Where is Smithback during the panic that takes place inside the Superstition Exhibition?
(a) Hiding behind a police officer.
(b) In the exhibit.
(c) Under the d'oeuvres table.
(d) In Margo's office.
3. According to Whittlesey's journal, why did Maxwell and the others decide to return to New York?
(a) They do not think there is anything else to find.
(b) They want to take their finds home to study them.
(c) They miss their families.
(d) They are sick and frightened.
4. How is Ippolito killed in Chapter 48?
(a) He falls down the stairs.
(b) A panicked party goer knifes him.
(c) The killer grabs him as he attempts to walk through the Superstition Exhibition.
(d) The killer murders him as he attempts to check the safety of the stairwell.
5. What starts the panic inside the Superstition Exhibition in Chapter 44?
(a) Someone spooks at the display of the Mbwun figurine.
(b) A dead body falls from the ceiling.
(c) Someone overhears D'Agosta reporting a dead body on his radio.
(d) A guest notices the dead body.
6. What is unusual about Moriarty's watch?
(a) It is a sundial.
(b) It is a Rolex.
(c) It is a gift from the mayor of New York.
(d) It is a pocket watch.
7. Why does George Moriarty remain late in his office in Chapter 33?
(a) He is working on last minute classifications for the exhibit.
(b) He is trying to compose a email to Margo to ask her out.
(c) He is trapped by noises in a closet that he thinks might be the killer.
(d) He is reading an interesting article on ancient religions.
8. To whom does Pendergast give credit for killing the creature in Chapter 61?
(b) Dr. Frock.
(d) The creature itself.
9. Why does Coffey order the SWAT team out of the museum in Chapter 56?
(a) He wants to regroup and try again later.
(b) He decides on a better tactic.
(c) He has rescued Dr. Cuthbert and he decides that is enough.
(d) He hears a group of them being killed by the creature.
10. What happened to the crew of the Strella de Venezuela?
(a) They all died of dysentery.
(c) They were killed the same way as the victims of the museum murders.
(d) They mutinied.
11. What does Rickman tell Smithback about discussions with museum employees on museum grounds?
(a) Smithback is encouraged to speak to anyone and everyone he thinks will be helpful.
(b) Smithback is encouraged to talk only to employees involved in the Superstition Exhibit.
(c) Smithback is to leave museum property and not speak to anyone involved with the museum.
(d) Smithback is not to talk to any employees about museum matters without prior written authorization.
12. What politician did Dr. Wright go to college with as revealed in Chapter 34?
(a) The President of the United States.
(b) The Senator from New York.
(c) The head of the FBI.
(d) The Governor of New York.
13. What causes panic in the stairwell as D'Agosta attempts to lead a group of survivors into the basement of the museum in Chapter 51?
(a) Smithback tells the story of the museum beast.
(b) D'Agosta fires his pistol at a distraught guest.
(c) Officer Bailey fires his shotgun at the creature.
(d) A guest mistakes another guest for the creature.
14. In Chapter 51, Pendergast tells D'Agosta to aim at what part of the creature's body in hopes of killing it?
(a) The legs.
(b) The arms.
(c) The body, the chest or abdomen.
(d) The head.
15. What does Maxwell find on September 15 that Whittlesey remarks about in his journal?
(a) Indigenous plants with unique self defense mechanism.
(b) Indigenous plants with ancient morphology.
(c) Indigenous plants with modern morphology.
(d) Indigenous plant with pretty flowers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Spencer Coffey?
2. What does Smithback see in Rickman's desk drawer that prompts him to sign the provisions?
3. How does Smithback manage to get into the library archives?
4. What does Smithback see in the room he and D'Agosta's group enters in Chapter 60?
5. According to Whittlesey's journal, what was the old native woman upset about?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)