|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the commander of the SWAT team tell Coffey is his priority once inside the museum?
(a) Restoring power to the museum.
(b) Killing the creature.
(c) Rescuing the survivors.
(d) Removing the dead.
2. In Chapter 53, what happens to Bailey?
(a) He tries to kill the mayor and is killed by D'Agosta.
(b) He is attacked by the creature.
(c) He tries to overtake D'Agosta and is killed.
(d) He panicks and returns to the Hall of the Heavens.
3. What amusing program does the computer programmer show the police officer guarding the computer room in Chapter 42?
(a) Mummies exploring the words on the screen.
(b) Mummies multiplying and then exploding.
(c) Multiplying bugs that eventually eat one another.
(d) Multiplying bugs that explode.
4. In Chapter 50, what does Pendergast tell Dr. Frock the killer looks like?
(a) A Kothogan tribesman.
(b) The Mbwun figure.
(c) Dr. Whittlesey.
(d) A dinosaur.
5. What weapon does Dr.Wright produce from an office drawer in Chapter 51?
(a) A shotgun.
(b) A Smith and Wesson .45.
(c) A Ruger .357 magnum.
(d) A Colt .35.
6. For what did Pendergast have Dr. Frock search the accession database?
(a) Artifacts the killer might be interested in.
(b) More crates related to the Whittlesey expedition.
(c) Artifacts similar to the claw used in the murders.
(d) Artifacts they might use against the killer.
7. To whom does Pendergast give credit for killing the creature in Chapter 61?
(a) The creature itself.
(c) Dr. Frock.
8. What is the name of the museum curator who began the curating of the Whittlesey crates in 1988?
(a) Mike Thompson.
(b) Hugo Montague.
(c) Gregory Kawakita.
(d) Edward Maxwell.
9. From what city were the Whittlesey crates shipped from in 1988?
(a) Belem, Brazil.
(b) Los Angeles, California.
(c) Paris, France.
(d) London, England.
10. In Chapter 62, to what rank is it revealed that D'Agosta was promoted to?
11. What reason does Rickman give for changing the way in which Smithback is allowed to gather information for his manuscript?
(a) He is interfering in the daily work at the museum.
(b) He is unprofessional.
(c) He is intrusive.
(d) He is unreliable.
12. What item of Dr. Whittlesey's was found in the creature's lair?
(a) A wedding ring.
(b) A necklace of his family crest.
(c) His eyeglasses.
(d) His watch.
13. In Chapter 54, where do Margo, Dr. Frock, and Pendergast hope to trap the creature?
(a) In the vault where Whittlesey's crates are stored.
(b) In the rising water of the subbasement.
(c) In a locked store room.
(d) In an old jail cell in the basement of the museum.
14. What material do Margo and Smithback learn Whittlesey used to pack is crates?
(a) Indigenous plants.
(b) Styrofoam peanuts.
(c) Flowers sold by street vendors.
(d) Kothoga healing herbs.
15. What ability does Pendergast believe the creature has that will prevent them from finding safety from the creature?
(a) It can open doors and slip through the security gates.
(b) It can hypnotize people into submission.
(c) It can slip through the secuity gates and ooze through vents.
(d) It can open doors and it knows passages hidden to them.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 62, how many toes does Dr. Frock point out the creature had?
2. What politician did Dr. Wright go to college with as revealed in Chapter 34?
3. In what city were the Whittlesey crates delayed en route to New York?
4. In Chapter 51, D'Agosta finds what impediment between him and escape from the creature?
5. What does D'Agosta want to do as the guests arrive that Coffey overrules in Chapter 42?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)