Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the shot that Pendergast got off on the killer in Chapter 46?
(a) It went into the killer's leg.
(b) It went into a window beside the killer.
(c) It went wild.
(d) It bounced off the killer's skull.
2. To whom does Pendergast give credit for killing the creature in Chapter 61?
(a) Dr. Frock.
(b) The creature itself.
3. Who is Spencer Coffey?
(a) The CIA agent in charge.
(b) The new FBI agent in charge.
(c) The New York Police Lieutenant in charge.
(d) The new director of the museum.
4. What starts the panic inside the Superstition Exhibition in Chapter 44?
(a) Someone overhears D'Agosta reporting a dead body on his radio.
(b) Someone spooks at the display of the Mbwun figurine.
(c) A guest notices the dead body.
(d) A dead body falls from the ceiling.
5. Why does George Moriarty remain late in his office in Chapter 33?
(a) He is working on last minute classifications for the exhibit.
(b) He is trapped by noises in a closet that he thinks might be the killer.
(c) He is trying to compose a email to Margo to ask her out.
(d) He is reading an interesting article on ancient religions.
6. What does Rickman tell Smithback about notes taken during interviews in Chapter 35?
(a) Smithback is forbidden to tape record interviews by can take handwritten notes.
(b) Smithback is forbidden to take notes during interviews.
(c) Smithback is instructed to take detailed notes, but to have them approved by Rickman.
(d) Smithback is encouraged to hire a stenographer to take accurate notes of interviews.
7. For what reason does Dr. Wright suggest the killer will not go after he, Cuthbert, and Rickman in his fourth floor office?
(a) It will go after easy prey, the injured outside the museum.
(b) It will not kill after so recently having fed.
(c) It will not kill while the police are outside.
(d) It will go after easy prey, the group in the subbasement.
8. What is the first problem with Coffey's decision to close all but one of the four gates around the Great Rotunda?
(a) The killer will be trapped in the area with the party goers.
(b) The security gates will block access to restrooms.
(c) Too many people will overrun the small area too quickly.
(d) Fire codes restrict having only one entrance and exit.
9. In Chapter 57, what stops the forward motion of the group led by D'Agosta?
(a) A wall of water held back by a glass door.
(b) A drop in the corridor that is impossible to navigate safely.
(c) A wall of debris.
(d) A dead end.
10. What does the old woman, according to Whittlesey's journal, warn will happen if Whittlesey takes Mbwun home with him?
(a) He will die a terrible death.
(b) He will be a slave to the devil.
(c) He will bring death on his people.
(d) He will live a long and productive life, but those around him will die.
11. What does Maxwell find on September 15 that Whittlesey remarks about in his journal?
(a) Indigenous plants with unique self defense mechanism.
(b) Indigenous plants with ancient morphology.
(c) Indigenous plants with modern morphology.
(d) Indigenous plant with pretty flowers.
12. How is Ippolito killed in Chapter 48?
(a) A panicked party goer knifes him.
(b) The killer murders him as he attempts to check the safety of the stairwell.
(c) The killer grabs him as he attempts to walk through the Superstition Exhibition.
(d) He falls down the stairs.
13. What is Pendergast searching for in the basement level of the museum in Chapter 46?
(a) A way out.
(b) The killer.
(c) Unique artifacts.
(d) Old passageways.
14. How many people are expected for the Superstition Exhibition's opening night party?
(a) Three thousand.
(b) Two hundred.
(c) One hundred.
(d) Five thousand.
15. Who asks Margo to lunch in Chapter 28?
(a) Dr. Frock.
(b) Gregory Kawakita.
(c) George Moriarty.
(d) William Smithback.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the commander of the SWAT team tell Coffey is his priority once inside the museum?
2. What is Cerro Gordo?
3. How did the Whittlesey Expedition get to the upper reaches of the Xingu as described in Whittlesey's journal?
4. From what city were the Whittlesey crates shipped from in 1988?
5. Where do Margo and Dr. Frock hide from the creature in Chapter 47?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)