|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many security doors closed when the computer system malfunctioned?
(a) Three out of five sections.
(b) All of them.
(c) Only the one on the front entrance.
(d) Two out of five sections.
2. What is the name of the museum curator who began the curating of the Whittlesey crates in 1988?
(a) Hugo Montague.
(b) Gregory Kawakita.
(c) Mike Thompson.
(d) Edward Maxwell.
3. What does Smithback see in the room he and D'Agosta's group enters in Chapter 60?
(a) The creature.
(b) Bones and dead bodies.
(c) Old artifacts.
(d) Clothing and jewelry taken from the dead.
4. Where did the Whittlesey expedition take place?
(a) Caqueta region.
(b) Upper Xingu River System.
(c) Kalahari Desert.
(d) Guaviare plain.
5. What does Margo find hidden in the lid of one of Whittlesey's crates in Chapter 30?
(a) A shaman's rattle.
(b) A decorated disc.
(c) A journal.
(d) A letter.
6. What weapon does Dr.Wright produce from an office drawer in Chapter 51?
(a) A shotgun.
(b) A Colt .35.
(c) A Ruger .357 magnum.
(d) A Smith and Wesson .45.
7. How many cells is the Museum of Natural History divided into by security gates?
8. What is the first problem with Coffey's decision to close all but one of the four gates around the Great Rotunda?
(a) Fire codes restrict having only one entrance and exit.
(b) The security gates will block access to restrooms.
(c) Too many people will overrun the small area too quickly.
(d) The killer will be trapped in the area with the party goers.
9. What does D'Agosta tell Coffey is his reason for leaving the Hall of the Heavens in Chapter 49?
(a) Another security gate threatened to block them in the Superstition Exhibition.
(b) The mayor ordered them out.
(c) A panicked party goer is threatening their lives.
(d) A monster attacked Ippolito.
10. Why can Coffey's team not stop the descent of the security door in Chapter 46?
(a) The electricity is down causing the doors to shut automatically.
(b) The main terminal is down, causing the doors to shut automatically.
(c) The security guard in charge of the doors has gone rogue.
(d) The killer has taken over the controls.
11. In Chapter 62, for what reason is the plant, posthumously named Liliceae mbwunensis, thought to be extinct?
(a) The creature ate all samples of the plant.
(b) The plants brought to the museum died.
(c) The FBI ordered the destruction of the plant, including what might remain on the tepui.
(d) The government napalmed the tepui and are mining there.
12. In Chapter 62, how many toes does Dr. Frock point out the creature had?
13. In Chapter 61, how much does D'Agosta pay a passerby to call the fire department in order to rescue him and his group?
(a) Fifty bucks.
(b) One hundred bucks.
(c) Twenty-five bucks.
(d) Eighty bucks.
14. From what city were the Whittlesey crates shipped from in 1988?
(a) Paris, France.
(b) Belem, Brazil.
(c) Los Angeles, California.
(d) London, England.
15. How does Smithback manage to get into the library archives?
(a) He pretends to be a reporter from Times.
(b) He pretends to be a librarian from the science library.
(c) He flirts with the young, pretty librarian.
(d) He gets a pass from Dr. Wright.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what did Pendergast have Dr. Frock search the accession database?
2. What are pheromonals?
3. What ability does Pendergast believe the creature has that will prevent them from finding safety from the creature?
4. In Chapter 63, who does Kawakita believe the creature really was?
5. In Chapter 53, who helps D'Agosta lock a door against the creature?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)