|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the shot that Pendergast got off on the killer in Chapter 46?
(a) It went into a window beside the killer.
(b) It went wild.
(c) It went into the killer's leg.
(d) It bounced off the killer's skull.
2. From what city were the Whittlesey crates shipped from in 1988?
(a) Los Angeles, California.
(b) Paris, France.
(c) Belem, Brazil.
(d) London, England.
3. What material do Margo and Smithback learn Whittlesey used to pack is crates?
(a) Styrofoam peanuts.
(b) Kothoga healing herbs.
(c) Flowers sold by street vendors.
(d) Indigenous plants.
4. What reason does Rickman give for changing the way in which Smithback is allowed to gather information for his manuscript?
(a) He is unprofessional.
(b) He is unreliable.
(c) He is intrusive.
(d) He is interfering in the daily work at the museum.
5. In what city were the Whittlesey crates delayed en route to New York?
(a) New Orleans.
(c) Los Angeles.
6. How does Rickman change the way interviews will be conducted by Smithback for his manuscript?
(a) He must conduct interviews with only approved employees.
(b) He must conduct interviews on museum property.
(c) He must conduct interviews in the director's presence.
(d) He must conduct interviews in Rickman's presence.
7. What causes panic in the stairwell as D'Agosta attempts to lead a group of survivors into the basement of the museum in Chapter 51?
(a) Officer Bailey fires his shotgun at the creature.
(b) Smithback tells the story of the museum beast.
(c) A guest mistakes another guest for the creature.
(d) D'Agosta fires his pistol at a distraught guest.
8. What is Pendergast searching for in the basement level of the museum in Chapter 46?
(a) Unique artifacts.
(b) The killer.
(c) A way out.
(d) Old passageways.
9. What does D'Agosta tell Coffey is his reason for leaving the Hall of the Heavens in Chapter 49?
(a) A monster attacked Ippolito.
(b) The mayor ordered them out.
(c) A panicked party goer is threatening their lives.
(d) Another security gate threatened to block them in the Superstition Exhibition.
10. In Chapter 50, what does Pendergast tell Dr. Frock the killer looks like?
(a) The Mbwun figure.
(b) Dr. Whittlesey.
(c) A dinosaur.
(d) A Kothogan tribesman.
11. Where does Pendergast shoot the killer in Chapter 46?
(a) The belly.
(b) The shoulder.
(c) The head.
(d) The leg.
12. Why does Frock think Dr. Wright wants to go on with the Superstition party despite the murders?
(c) To tempt the killer.
13. Who helps Margo get into the secure area of the museum in Chapter 30?
(b) Dr. Frock.
(c) George Moriarty.
14. Where do Margo and Dr. Frock hide from the creature in Chapter 47?
(a) Inside the secure area.
(b) Behind a locked door.
(c) With Pendergast in a store room.
(d) In a stairwell.
15. What did the Kothoga do to receive the gift of the Mbwun from the devil?
(a) Kill and eat a rival tribe.
(b) Kill and eat mercenaries.
(c) Kill and eat their children.
(d) Kill and eat their enemies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unusual about Moriarty's watch?
2. In Chapter 62, who does Pendergast suggest was the creature's first victim in the museum?
3. To whom does Coffey speak to in chapter 52 in an effort to force D'Agosta to move everyone back into the Hall of the Heavens?
4. In Chapter 63, who does Kawakita believe the creature really was?
5. What item of Dr. Whittlesey's was found in the creature's lair?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)