|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Moriarty recover the information on the removal of Whittlesey's journal?
(a) By accessing the backup tapes on the computer system.
(b) By tracing the initials on the original record.
(c) By accessing the accession database.
(d) By calling security.
2. In Chapter 51, Pendergast tells D'Agosta to aim at what part of the creature's body in hopes of killing it?
(a) The body, the chest or abdomen.
(b) The head.
(c) The legs.
(d) The arms.
3. What does Cuthbert say to the creature in Chapter 56?
(a) 'I can help you.'
(b) 'Go away.'
(c) 'You can't kill me.'
(d) 'Don't hurt me.'
4. In Chapter 50, what does Pendergast tell Dr. Frock the killer looks like?
(a) A dinosaur.
(b) A Kothogan tribesman.
(c) The Mbwun figure.
(d) Dr. Whittlesey.
5. What happened to the shot that Pendergast got off on the killer in Chapter 46?
(a) It went into a window beside the killer.
(b) It went into the killer's leg.
(c) It bounced off the killer's skull.
(d) It went wild.
6. Why does George Moriarty remain late in his office in Chapter 33?
(a) He is working on last minute classifications for the exhibit.
(b) He is trapped by noises in a closet that he thinks might be the killer.
(c) He is reading an interesting article on ancient religions.
(d) He is trying to compose a email to Margo to ask her out.
7. What are pheromonals?
(a) Scent people excrete while in a state of excitement.
(b) A fancy word for perfume.
(c) Urine animals lay down to mark their territory.
(d) Hormones that regulate body function.
8. In Chapter 54, how does Pendergast stop the creature from attacking he, Margo,and Dr. Frock?
(a) Shoots the creature in the leg.
(b) Shines light in the creature's eyes.
(c) Locks the door.
(d) Shoots the creature in the belly.
9. In Chapter 63, who does Kawakita believe the creature really was?
10. According to Whittlesey's journal, what was the old native woman upset about?
(a) Whittlesey took the devil, Mbwun, in his crate.
(b) Whittlesey killed her husband.
(c) Whittlesey ruined the flowerbeds outside her hut.
(d) Whittlesey stole the last of her food.
11. From what city were the Whittlesey crates shipped from in 1988?
(a) Belem, Brazil.
(b) Los Angeles, California.
(c) Paris, France.
(d) London, England.
12. For what reason does Dr. Wright suggest the killer will not go after he, Cuthbert, and Rickman in his fourth floor office?
(a) It will go after easy prey, the injured outside the museum.
(b) It will go after easy prey, the group in the subbasement.
(c) It will not kill while the police are outside.
(d) It will not kill after so recently having fed.
13. Why does the guard in the computer room fire his weapon in Chapter 45?
(a) The computer tech wants to see how to fire a gun.
(b) He sees the creature.
(c) He wants to shut down the electricity to stop the panic downstairs.
14. Why does Frock think Dr. Wright wants to go on with the Superstition party despite the murders?
(a) To tempt the killer.
15. What is Pendergast searching for in the basement level of the museum in Chapter 46?
(a) A way out.
(b) The killer.
(c) Unique artifacts.
(d) Old passageways.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rickman tell Smithback about discussions with museum employees on museum grounds?
2. In what city were the Whittlesey crates delayed en route to New York?
3. What is Cerro Gordo?
4. What does Rickman tell Smithback about notes taken during interviews in Chapter 35?
5. Who helps Margo get into the secure area of the museum in Chapter 30?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)