|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Vincent D'Agosta?
(a) The director of the museum.
(b) An assistant curator.
(c) The police detective in charge.
(d) A writer working on a book about the museum.
2. What does Whittlesey see on the dead body on the trial before him that tells him it is human?
(a) A pair of leather boots.
(b) A gun.
(c) A pair of jeans.
(d) A khaki shirt.
3. What does the security guard tell the red headed child not to touch in the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) The paintings.
(b) The Indian artifacts.
(c) The lions.
(d) The elephants.
4. What mistake does security guard Eric Norris make at the crime scene in Chapter 14?
(a) Steps in blood.
(b) Moves the body.
(c) Calls the police belatedly.
(d) Vomits on evidence.
5. Who is William Smithback?
(a) A writer researching a fictional book set in the Museum of Natural History.
(b) A writer working on a book about the Superstition Exhibit.
(c) An assistant curator at the Museum of Natural History writing a book on ancient religions.
(d) A reporter looking for dirt on the Museum of Natural History.
6. What happens to Ven at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) He is caught trying to steal.
(b) He sneaks aboard a ship bound for America.
(c) He is bullied by a group of disgruntled workers.
(d) He is attacked by something, an animal perhaps.
7. What is Pendergast's theory as to how the killer is murdering his victims?
(a) With a knife made of animal claws.
(b) With a weapon that resembles a claw.
(c) With powerful claws containing three points.
(d) With a man-made claw or artifact.
8. Why does Margo accompany Dr. Frock into the basement in Chapter 17?
(a) To visit with Dr. Cuthbert.
(b) To visit with Mrs. Rickman.
(c) To visit with D'Agosta.
(d) To visit with Pendergast.
9. Where were the red-haired child and his older brother, Billy, supposed to meet their parents after visiting the Museum of Natural History?
(a) The gift shop.
(b) At grandmother's.
(c) At home.
(d) The front steps.
10. What does Dr. Frock tell Margo the Ki tribe once used to treat headaches in Chapter 6?
(a) Tree bark.
(b) Poison ivy.
(c) Poppy seeds.
11. How many claws does the Mbwun figurine have on its front legs?
12. Who developed the theory of myth triangulation?
(a) Dr. Cuthbert.
(b) Dr. Frock.
(c) Dr. Wright.
(d) Dr. Whittlesey.
13. What happened to the original Museum of Natural History in 1911?
(a) It was moved to higher ground.
(b) It was destroyed in an earthquake.
(c) It burned down.
(d) It sank into soft soil.
14. Whose body was supposedly found mutilated in the museum, thus starting the rumor of the museum beast as related to Margo in Chapter 15?
(a) A young museum visitor.
(b) A missing curator, Montague.
(c) A security guard.
(d) A past director of the museum.
15. Where is Whittlesey's Expedition taking place?
(a) The Amazon.
(d) South Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do D'Agosta and Pendergast wait to see in the opening paragraphs of Chapter 16?
2. Why does a security guard open a door to an interior courtyard in Chapter 12?
3. Who is Callisto?
4. What is a dissertation?
5. What does the medical examiner find inside the chest of one of the young victims of the museum murders?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)