|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Beauregard's co-workers think he has gone when he disappears from the Superstition Exhibit in Chapter 22?
(a) Inside the exhibit.
(b) To report them to Dr.Cuthbert.
(c) To lunch.
2. Why do the authors discuss the growing odd behavior of visitors to the museum and the employees of the museum in Chapter 24?
(a) To explain why the killer chose the museum.
(b) To show the growing fear and paranoia involved in the murder investigation.
(c) To fill pages.
(d) To distract from the main plot.
3. What is an herbarium?
(a) A place where spices are sold.
(b) A place where illegal drugs are grown.
(c) A place where plant life is stored in the museum.
(d) A place where seeds can be purchased.
4. Why does the red-haired kid follow his brother, Billy, into a dark, cavernous room?
(a) To see the lions.
(b) His mother told him to stay with Billy no matter what.
(c) To find his parents.
(d) He is afraid of being lost and alone.
5. Who is Vincent D'Agosta?
(a) An assistant curator.
(b) The director of the museum.
(c) The police detective in charge.
(d) A writer working on a book about the museum.
6. Who is Jost Von Oster?
(a) Head of the osteological preparation area.
(b) Head of the anthropological department.
(c) Head of exhibition arrangement.
(d) Head of security.
7. What is a dissertation?
(a) A research project based on scientific theory.
(b) A book report written by a college student.
(c) A lecture presented by a doctoral student to an undergraduate class.
(d) A book length work written by a doctoral student on a specific subject.
8. Who does Margo call after leaving the Superstition Exhibit in Chapter 21?
(a) George Moriarty.
(b) William Smithback.
(c) Gregory Kawakita.
(d) Dr. Frock.
9. What relative of Margo's died in the weeks before the opening of the main plot of the novel?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her father.
10. In Chapter 15, who claimed to have seen the museum creature one morning as it slunk around a corner in the basement?
(a) Carl Conover from the metal shop.
(b) Dr. Cuthbert.
(c) Dr. Frock.
(d) Mike Herron from the gift shop.
11. What is an outgroup in DNA analysis?
(a) A group of unknown DNA to be compared to the sample being analyzed.
(b) The control or known DNA type.
(c) The species with which the DNA is most likely to match.
(d) The DNA being examined.
12. In what part of the museum is Margo Green's office located?
(a) An annex building.
(b) The top floor.
(c) The basement.
(d) The subbasement.
13. How many claws does the Mbwun figurine have on its front legs?
14. Who is Ven?
(a) A dock foreman.
(b) A thief.
(c) A dock worker.
(d) A sailor.
15. Why does a security guard open a door to an interior courtyard in Chapter 12?
(a) To smoke a joint.
(b) To smoke a cigarette.
(c) To have a snack under the moonlight.
(d) To check on the security of the courtyard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What region of the brain is missing from the security guard autopsied in Chapter 23?
2. Why is Pendergast at the crime scene in Chapter 14?
3. Why does Margo accompany Dr. Frock into the basement in Chapter 17?
4. What piece of jewelry does Whittlesey consider his talisman?
5. What strange scent does Ven smell in the warehouse?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)