Short Answer Key
Introduction: Chapters 1-2
1. Where is Whittlesey's Expedition taking place?
2. What does Whittlesey hope to find on this expedition?
Proof of the current existence of the Kothoga Indians.
3. What does Kothoga mean?
4. To whom does Whittlesey write a letter before sending his crates away?
5. Where did Whittlesey find the Mbwun figure?
In an isolated hut.
6. What is significant about the Mbwun figure?
It represents a figure important to Kothoga mythology.
7. What lined the walls of the hut where the Mbwun figure was found?
8. What does Whittlesey notice about the local vegetation at the site of the hut where the Mbwun was found?
It appears primordial.
9. What piece of jewelry does Whittlesey consider his talisman?
A gold and a silver arrow.
10. To what literary work does Whittlesey compare the place where he expects to...
This section contains 3,239 words|
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)