Introduction: Chapters 1-2
1. Where is Whittlesey's Expedition taking place?
(a) South Africa.
(b) The Amazon.
2. What does Whittlesey hope to find on this expedition?
(a) Proof of the current existence of the Kothoga Indians.
(b) Proof of the past existence of the Kothoga Indians.
(c) Proof of the satanic rituals performed by the Kothoga Indians.
(d) Proof of the religious beliefs of the Kothoga Indians.
3. What does Kothoga mean?
(a) Death men.
(b) Shadow people.
(c) Devil's children.
(d) Animal people.
4. To whom does Whittlesey write a letter before sending his crates away?
5. Where did Whittlesey find the Mbwun figure?
(a) Around the neck of a native guide.
(b) In a tree.
(c) In an isolated hut.
(d) On the ground under some old vegetation.
6. What is significant about the Mbwun figure?
(a) It is made of pure gold.
(b) It represents a figure important to Kothoga mythology.
(c) It contains the secret of the Kothoga.
(d) It contains the secrets of the jungle.
This section contains 6,034 words
(approx. 21 pages at 300 words per page)