|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Buckingham finally agree to support the rebellion?
2. How did the King feel about Elizabeth Wydville's refusal to leave sanctuary?
3. Which of the Princes was most often impersonated?
4. How long after Henry VII and Elizabeth's official marriage was their first child born?
5. What hated system did Richard III abolish?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did many people view the death of Richard III's only son, the Prince of Wales?
2. Why would Richard III have considered marrying his eighteen-year-old niece Elizabeth of York?
3. In regard to the case of the death of the Princes and Richard III, what does Weir argue when others claim Richard could not be convicted in a modern court of law?
4. Why was Buckingham so suddenly alienated from Richard III?
5. Why was Richard of York often impersonated, but Edward V never impersonated?
6. Why was Richard so unpopular in the South of England?
7. What rumor persisted after Anne's death?
8. Richard III was a violent, duplicitous, and demanding man--how can Weir claim he possessed real spiritual piety?
9. What happened when Richard III sent orders to Brackenbury to kill the Princes?
10. With the death of the Princes, who did many people turn to as the rightful Queen of England?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the existence of attainders.
1) What was an attainder?
2) How permanent were these attainders?
3) Why was Warwick a potential threat to Richard's ambitions?
4) What kings succeeded to the throne after being previously attainted?
Essay Topic 2
Who was Lord Hastings? What was his involvement in Richard III's coup? Did he believe Richard III should be king? Why or why not? How did Hastings die, and why was he killed? After the death of Hastings, who stood in Richard III's way?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Weir so believe More's account should be taken as truth?
1) The reliability of More's sources.
2) The dependability of More's character.
3) The political reasons for More to to lie.
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)