|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Between what two houses was the War of the Roses?
2. After Richard's coup, what family's power in court ended?
3. What court faction was Clarence staunchly opposed to?
4. After Hastings's death, where did the Marquess of Dorset flee?
5. With what country had England declared war just before the death of Edward IV?
Short Essay Questions
1. What catastrophic mistake did Edward IV make before he died?
2. How did Gloucester lull Rivers into a false sense of security?
3. How was Richard III formally asked to become King?
4. How did Gloucester increase his power in the Council?
5. Why was the succession to the English throne unstable in the fifteenth century after Edward III's death?
6. Though most councilmen did not believe the pre-contract story, why did they choose to support Richard III?
7. What were the two opposing sides regarding Gloucester's role as Protector?
8. How did Gloucester convince Edward V to go with him and Buckingham?
9. What advantages did Richard gain by marrying Anne of Neville?
10. What does Weir theorize about Richard's deformity?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who was Lord Hastings? What was his involvement in Richard III's coup? Did he believe Richard III should be king? Why or why not? How did Hastings die, and why was he killed? After the death of Hastings, who stood in Richard III's way?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Weir so believe More's account should be taken as truth?
1) The reliability of More's sources.
2) The dependability of More's character.
3) The political reasons for More to to lie.
Essay Topic 3
Create a character study of Richard III.
1) Examine the qualities that gave him the potential to be a good king.
2) Explain the series of mistakes and misfortunes in his reign that caused his unpopularity.
3) Were there any of Richard III's qualities you found surprising?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)