|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Queen Dowager's continued stay in sanctuary embarrass Richard?
(a) It implied she was unsafe because of Richard.
(b) It meant he could not confess his love to her.
(c) She was suffering from a mental illness.
(d) She decried his name and threatened him.
2. When did Queen Elizabeth give birth to Prince Edward?
(a) June 2, 1475.
(b) January 2, 1450.
(c) November 2, 1470.
(d) April 2, 1469.
3. Who did Edward IV appoint as the guardian of the Prince of Wales?
(a) Richard of Gloucester.
(b) Lord Rivers.
(c) The Queen.
4. How did Hastings react when Richard confided his plans to him?
(a) Hastings flees north to Scotland.
(b) Hastings immediately plans to seize the throne for himself.
(c) Hastings was shocked and warned the king.
(d) Hastings supported him in usurping the throne.
5. What group was appointed to watch over the Prince of Wales until he reached adulthood?
(a) A Council including the Queen, Richard, and Clarence.
(b) A legal team of Parliament lawyers.
(c) An elite team of knights including Arthur and Lancelot.
(d) A group of German mercenaries.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was briefly made King during the rebellion?
2. With what country had England declared war just before the death of Edward IV?
3. Who was sent to live with Gloucester's wife, this person's maternal aunt?
4. In what part of England did Richard of Gloucester live and govern?
5. How many legitimate children did Richard have?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Gloucester convince Edward V to go with him and Buckingham?
2. Why did Edward IV have no legal right to name Gloucester Lord Protector?
3. How did Gloucester increase his power in the Council?
4. Who were Elizabeth Wydville, Queen of England's, two male children?
5. How did Richard of Gloucester avoid becoming ensnared in the various court intrigues?
6. What catastrophic mistake did Edward IV make before he died?
7. What, according to Weir, is most essential when discussing the mystery of the Princes?
8. Why, eventually, did King Edward IV have Clarence executed?
9. Why was the succession to the English throne unstable in the fifteenth century after Edward III's death?
10. During his life, which of Edward IV's brothers was the most power-hunger and why?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)