|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does More claim the Princes were killed?
(a) He claims they were run through with swords.
(b) He claims they were smothered in their beds.
(c) He claims they were poisoned.
(d) He claims they were thrown off the Tower.
2. What was found behind a wall in a passageway of the King's Lodging n 1647?
(a) Katherine of Aragon's wardrobe.
(b) Richard III's date book.
(c) The Princes, alive.
(d) The skeletons of two small boys.
3. Out of Henry VII and Elizabeth's eight children, how many lived to adulthood?
4. What made a marriage between Richard III and Elizabeth politically impossible?
(a) The rumors of Anne's dishonorable death.
(b) Elizabeth's inability to bear children.
(c) The incestuous nature of their relationship.
(d) Richard's illness and melancholy.
5. Despite all his outward displays of confidence, Richard III knew his position to be what?
6. By conspiring to protect the Princes, what had the conspirators actually done?
(a) The conspirators had turned France against them.
(b) The conspirators had sealed the Princes' fate.
(c) The conspirators had turned the world against Richard III.
(d) The conspirators had set the stage to rescue them.
7. Who were the other Lancastrian claimants to the throne?
(a) Edward V and Richard Duke of York.
(b) The Duke of Buckingham and his son.
(c) The King of Portugal and the Queen of Castile.
(d) King Louis XI and Queen Margaret.
8. Who was Margaret Beaufort?
(a) The daughter of John of Gaunt and wife of the late Henry Tudor.
(b) The mother of Edward V and Richard, Duke of York.
(c) The sister of Elizabeth Wydville.
(d) The cousin of Edward IV.
9. Just before leaving for his progress, Richard III gave his son Edward of Middleham what title?
(a) Constable of Scotland.
(b) Ambassador to France.
(c) Lord Protector of London.
(d) Lord Lieutenant of Ireland.
10. With what country was Henry VII in marriage negotiations for Prince Arthur?
11. On what date did the Battle of Bosworth take place?
(a) August 22nd.
(b) July 3rd.
(c) June 13.
(d) June 19.
12. Weir dismisses the argument that Warback was part of what family?
(a) The Plantagenets.
(b) The Lancasters.
(c) The Yorkists.
(d) The Tudors.
13. What animal, found in an old underground pipe or tunnel, was briefly thought to be one of the Princes'?
(a) A dog.
(b) An ape.
(c) A lion.
(d) A horse.
14. What outraged the chroniclers about the treatment of Richard III's corpse?
(a) It was displayed on Traitor's Gate.
(b) It was hidden away and not publicly buried.
(c) It was accorded all the honors due to a king.
(d) It was treated as the corpse of a felon.
15. What plot was hatched in Sanctuary against Richard III?
(a) A plot to take Edward V's sisters overseas.
(b) A plot to rescue Edward and Richard.
(c) A plot to poison Richard III.
(d) A plot to marry Elizabeth Wydville to someone else.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where specifically was Richard III not to take Elizabeth Wydville's daughters?
2. How old was Margaret Beaufort when she gave birth to Henry Tudor?
3. What was discovered about Richard III's character after the usurpation?
4. What similar condition was found in both skeletons?
5. Whose account is the earliest evidence of rumors that the Princes were dead?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)