|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Margaret Beaufort when she gave birth to Henry Tudor?
2. Where specifically was Richard III not to take Elizabeth Wydville's daughters?
(a) Buckingham Palace.
(b) The Tower of London.
3. Who were the other Lancastrian claimants to the throne?
(a) The Duke of Buckingham and his son.
(b) King Louis XI and Queen Margaret.
(c) The King of Portugal and the Queen of Castile.
(d) Edward V and Richard Duke of York.
4. What information could not be determined at the time from the bones?
(a) Any familial relation.
(b) The gender.
(c) The age of the skeletons when they died.
(d) The bones' age.
5. Why may Richard III have been hesitant to name Warwick his successor?
(a) The boy had a club foot.
(b) The boy may have been intellectually slow or mentally retarded.
(c) The boy had strong Wydville ties.
(d) The boy was a Lancastrian.
6. With whom may Richard III have had an affair during his wife's illness?
(a) Elizabeth of York.
(b) Margaret Beaufort.
(c) Elizabeth Wydville.
(d) Elizabeth Shore.
7. Just before leaving for his progress, Richard III gave his son Edward of Middleham what title?
(a) Constable of Scotland.
(b) Ambassador to France.
(c) Lord Protector of London.
(d) Lord Lieutenant of Ireland.
8. Who was significantly absent from Richard III's coronation ceremony?
(a) Elizabeth Wydville.
(b) His brother Clarence.
(c) His mother, the Duchess of York.
(d) Henry Tudor.
9. When did Henry officially date the beginning of his reign?
(a) The day Edward V was killed.
(b) The day of his birth.
(c) The day of his coronation.
(d) The day before Bosworth.
10. How many years of Plantagenet rule came to an end after the death of Richard III?
11. How did the English southerners view the English northerners?
(a) The southerners thought the northerners were all Scottish.
(b) The southerners thought the northerners were brutish people.
(c) The southerners thought the northerners highly refined.
(d) The southerners thought the northerners were all Irish.
12. What rival factions would be united if Elizabeth and Henry Tudor married?
(a) The House of Windsor and the House of Stuart.
(b) The House of Plantagenet and the House of Lancaster.
(c) The House of York and the House of Plantagenet.
(d) The House of York and the House of Lancaster.
13. On what date did the Battle of Bosworth take place?
(a) July 3rd.
(b) June 19.
(c) August 22nd.
(d) June 13.
14. How long did Richard III's coronation banquet last?
(a) Six and three-quarter hours.
(b) Three hours.
(c) Five and a half hours.
(d) Seven hours.
15. How many priests did Richard III employ to say mass for the salvation of his soul?
Short Answer Questions
1. Recorded by Thomas More, who confessed to killing the Princes?
2. What tool was Richard III the first English king to utilize for his exercises in public relations?
3. What family was young Henry Tudor sent to live with in his formative years?
4. Why does Weir claim no one pretended to be Edward V?
5. Weir dismisses the argument that Warback was part of what family?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)