|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was significantly absent from Richard III's coronation ceremony?
(a) Elizabeth Wydville.
(b) Henry Tudor.
(c) His brother Clarence.
(d) His mother, the Duchess of York.
2. Who was Margaret Beaufort?
(a) The cousin of Edward IV.
(b) The mother of Edward V and Richard, Duke of York.
(c) The sister of Elizabeth Wydville.
(d) The daughter of John of Gaunt and wife of the late Henry Tudor.
3. How old was he when Edward of Middleham, Richard III's son, died?
4. Upon the death of the Princes, who in England had the best claim to the throne?
(a) Elizabeth of York.
(b) The Duke of Buckingham.
(c) Richard Plantagenet.
(d) Jasper Tudor.
5. What was Richard III's personal emblem?
(a) The Red Lion.
(b) The White Boar.
(c) The Green Falcon.
(d) The Black Horse.
6. What was rumored about Queen Anne's death?
(a) It was rumored she did not die, but was taken away.
(b) It was rumored she went mad first.
(c) It was rumored she committed suicide.
(d) It was rumored Richard killed her to marry Elizabeth.
7. What did the general public think of the potential match between Richard III and the Lady Elizabeth?
(a) They found it exciting.
(b) They found it treasonous.
(c) They found it inspiring.
(d) They found it incestuous.
8. After the battle, where was the crown found?
(a) Under a hawthorne bush.
(b) Beneath an oak tree.
(c) In a thicket.
(d) Among wildflowers.
9. What tool was Richard III the first English king to utilize for his exercises in public relations?
(b) Propaganda, specifically character assassinations.
(d) Banners and balloons in London.
10. How did King Richard III die?
(a) He died by execution.
(b) He died in a sickbed, probably from cancer.
(c) He died in a prison in the Tower.
(d) He died on the battlefield, yelling "Treason!"
11. By conspiring to protect the Princes, what had the conspirators actually done?
(a) The conspirators had set the stage to rescue them.
(b) The conspirators had turned the world against Richard III.
(c) The conspirators had sealed the Princes' fate.
(d) The conspirators had turned France against them.
12. Before she allowed her daughters to leave sanctuary, what did Elizabeth Wydville ask Richard III to do?
(a) She asked him to return her lands and title.
(b) She asked him to marry her and make her Queen again.
(c) She asked him to swear a public oath to keep them safe.
(d) She asked him to make Henry Tudor his heir.
13. Why may Richard III have been hesitant to name Warwick his successor?
(a) The boy had a club foot.
(b) The boy had strong Wydville ties.
(c) The boy may have been intellectually slow or mentally retarded.
(d) The boy was a Lancastrian.
14. Out of Henry VII and Elizabeth's eight children, how many lived to adulthood?
15. Where did Richard spend his first night of his first progress?
(a) The Tower.
Short Answer Questions
1. What basically defeated the rebellion?
2. On what date did the Battle of Bosworth take place?
3. Buckingham decided to rebel against the king after a conversation with whom?
4. Why did Buckingham finally agree to support the rebellion?
5. What did Richard III do to Margaret Beaufort?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)