|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-16, Rebellion, An Especial Good Lord.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did many people believe was the rightful Queen of England?
(a) Elizabeth Shore.
(b) Anne Neville.
(c) Elizabeth Wydville.
(d) The Lady Elizabeth.
2. What was the debate about the government during the King's minority?
(a) Whether or not to let the Queen govern as regent.
(b) Whether or not to give Gloucester sovereign power.
(c) Whether or not to give Lord Hastings the position of Lord Protector.
(d) Whether or not to crown the Prince of Wales.
3. How did Gloucester behave toward his nephew?
(a) He openly supported him.
(b) He tried to adopt him.
(c) He ignored him completely.
(d) He was withdrawn and suspicious.
4. How did Richard increase his power on the council?
(a) He turned other council members against each other.
(b) He killed the Queen and her daughters.
(c) He sent them all to war in France.
(d) He threatened to confiscate everyone's property.
5. By conspiring to protect the Princes, what had the conspirators actually done?
(a) The conspirators had set the stage to rescue them.
(b) The conspirators had turned France against them.
(c) The conspirators had sealed the Princes' fate.
(d) The conspirators had turned the world against Richard III.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was significantly absent from Richard III's coronation ceremony?
2. How many priests did Richard III employ to say mass for the salvation of his soul?
3. After Richard's coup, what family's power in court ended?
4. What other member of his family did Gloucester have to slander to overcome the Princes?
5. How was Buckingham rewarded for supporting Gloucester?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)